PDA

View Full Version : The kind of challenge that anyone can partake.

Razola
8th June 2003, 02:30 AM
A good ol' battle for any takers.

Challenger: Someone who is not incredibly experienced but does know what they are doing.
Ref: Someone experienced is preferred. Also, try to relax a little. Don't be so serious; let it all hang loose.
Arena: Hell
Not the smartest of places to do battle in, but this is the spot. Taking a Dante approach, this interpretation of Hell uses the circle system. The first circle is surprisingly peaceful, but things get worse from there. After three rounds in one circle, the fighters break off and descend to the next circle. There are nine circles each one is worse than the last. The circles do not have to mirror The Divine Comedy they just have to be progressively more challenging than the last. Once three rounds have past in the ninth circle, the fighters go back to the 1st circle and start the process over.
Battle Type: Four way free-for-all (So I need three challengers). Each person can use two pokemon (1 out at a time) but they are out once both of their pokemon are KO'd. Double-teaming is discouraged and the ref is free to penalize any trainers who are ganging up on one player for prolonged amounts of time(who would have thought there was fairness in Hell?).
Other: Damage caps should be tight (40-30% would be nice, but ultimately up to the ref.)
Attack Order: I will chose first, followed by the second person to post, then the third and so on. Then, the last person to choose attacks first and the first attack post order is reverse of the pokemon selection order (therefore, I'll be attacking last.) From then on the person who posted last will post first (the rest of the order doesn't change).

For example:

Round X

A posts first
B posts 2nd
C posts 3rd
D posts last.

Round Y

D posts first
A posts 2nd
B posts 3rd
C posts last.

Round Z

C posts first
D posts 2nd
A posts 3rd
B posts last.

DQ: Standard week. Very lenient.
I'll be choosing Yado, my male Slowking as my first pokemon.

killer tai
8th June 2003, 06:41 AM
ok I am up for a battle and I choose umm uh oh yea I choose my Male Tyranitar well this will be interesting

Cyrus
8th June 2003, 07:57 AM
Hell, well I think having some idea of what to expect is a good thing at this rate. I will use my untested Electabuzz, Anion. I am glad you noted this is Dante's version of hell, the current Catholic version would be rather boring as an arena.

Drade130
8th June 2003, 01:16 PM
Ill take this battle then. For my first battle, Ill use Bearer, my male Ursaring!

Alright Bearer, lets start out powerfully. Use a crunch on Yado, then seismic toss the tyranitar into electabuzz. Finally end off with an earthquake!

Crunch (Yado)~Seismic Toss (T-Tar into E-Buzz)~Earthquake

Mindprobe
8th June 2003, 01:48 PM
Call me crazy but I'll ref!

killer tai
8th June 2003, 08:57 PM
umm teddi I think Raz has to attack first then me then cyrus then u last like he said

Razola
8th June 2003, 10:10 PM
Since I chose first, the order reverses for attacks.

Teddi posts attacks first, then Cyrus, then Killer Tai, then me.

Since I chose the first pokemon, this put me in a disadvantage for my match-up (potentially, for all I know you may chose stuff that is weak against a slowking). Teddi got to see ALL of our pokemon so Teddi will have to post his attack blindly. This keeps it fair. THEN after the first round we start the revolving posting system.

Yeah Cyrus, I think the current Catholic interpretation of Hell would make for a tie. I think we all can agree that Dante had a more battle-friendly structure.

Mindprobe will be our official ref. I suggest that you find a sub or even co-ref should you need a break from this match.

Also, I'm keeping the DQ veeeerry lenient. Don't panic if you're late posting. I also reccomend that mindprobe list the attack order at the end of each round to avoid confusion.

Good luck to everyone!

Cyrus
9th June 2003, 11:31 PM
Alright, lets test your prowess Anion. Start off with a Cross Chop against the vile Tyranitar. Follow through by preforming Aerial X on the bear, if possible aim for a vital area (in order of preference; neck/spine/lower back). The critical component is to come down after earthquake

Aerial X: Psychic to levitate into the air, releasing the Telekinetic grip, the user is carried into the victim while slaming both arms down into the opponent by preforming Cross Chop. Gravity would likely apply some benifit to damage, but that is as always at the referee's discression.

Mindprobe
10th June 2003, 02:54 PM
*looks at the summer schedule*

AWWWW! I would like to ref this, but I see this is going to last long and I have a busy schedule. Confirmation camp starting this week, so I have to withdraw from reffing this.

killer tai
10th June 2003, 04:24 PM
ok tyranitar lets start...hit all of em with earth quake,I wonder why everyone wants to hurt u anyway so when that ursaring show it wha a reall crunch looks like by biting its head I think it should let u go after that,now I've attacked everyone but the person who can do the most damage too me so I want u too crunch Yado

Earthquake(everyone)~crunch(B-Ursa)~Crunch(Y-Yado)

no we may need a ref again

Razola
11th June 2003, 10:19 PM
Sorry to hear about that, mindprobe. Good luck at concentration camp, I hear those are really tough.

Fortunately I have gotten word that Don't Run With Scizors will be able to ref this match. DRWS has a great deal of experience under his belt, so I think the match is in capable hands.

Anyway...back to attacks:

First, stop the Crunch by using Psychic on Bearer. Time it and toss the bear into Anion and T-Tar. Aim for T-tar to disrupt 'quake, but try to get the hulking pokemon to ram into Anion.

Then, go ahead and rock everyone's world with Earthquake. Try to disrupt waht everyone is doing when you do it.

Then go ahead and use Withdraw to block the crunch and earthquake.

Psychic (grab Bearer and throw him into T-Tar)~Earthquake (all)~Withdraw

Cyrus
17th June 2003, 05:33 PM
I should have known better than to attempt to have a match with you Raz... my apologizes but it doesn't appear this match is going to happen...

Drade130
17th June 2003, 07:55 PM
yea sorry but this is pretty much dead so i mut withdraw to keep my spots open.

killer tai
20th June 2003, 07:43 PM
sorry Raz I have to withdraw too I need to keep most of my spots opencuz this is dead