PDA

View Full Version : I bring you a couple more AG titles

Zak
8th June 2003, 12:38 PM
308(32): Abandoned Ship! The Creeping Shadow!

309(33): A Rival For May! Tough Pokemon Contest!

Looks interesting... ^^ and now I shall end with my final word on these topics:

Discuss.

~Zak (okay, maybe not the final word)

pokemonm
8th June 2003, 12:45 PM
i remeber a abandoned ship in rs do you think its same thing

BlueKecleon
8th June 2003, 12:47 PM
Most likely, seeing as that ship is near Dewford, and that's where they are in the series.

Sounds interesting...

Gravy
8th June 2003, 12:56 PM
Yay! Another episode staring Haruka-chan ^_^
Sounds pretty cool. And I guess it introduces us to Pokemon Contests a little more.
That abanoned ship one is bound to feature a water pokemon. Maybe a Wailord? It could've crashed into the ship by accident years ago or something ^_^0

*Murkrow
8th June 2003, 01:19 PM
Hm, wonder what the 'creeping shadow' is?Might be a Wailord(I'm doing it again:rolleyes: ), but might not be.
Maybe May catches a new Pokémon?If theres a tough contest coming up, I don't think she has a Pokémon suitable yet.Though I might be mistaken.

Dragon_Claw
8th June 2003, 01:23 PM
Maybe May will win a contest like cute using Torchic or beauty using beautifly. I think we'll finally see a contest.

About the ship, I think it's a ghost Pokémon in the ship. Maybe like a shadow Pokémon. Maybe Shuppet or Duskull

Gravy
8th June 2003, 01:28 PM
Might be a Wailord(I'm doing it again )
:rolleyes: Maybe you should get out of that habbit. ^_^
Erm...you never know, it might not be a ghost type. Afterall, pokemon AG is unpredictable at times. It could end up being something cute following them, like a.....erm....well, something cute anyways ^_^0

pokemon man
8th June 2003, 01:36 PM
it as to be lodicolo.

JazzJazz
8th June 2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
About the ship, I think it's a ghost Pokémon in the ship. Maybe like a shadow Pokémon. Maybe Shuppet or Duskull

I doubt it'll feature a ghost pokemon, given that the sableye episode aired not too long ago...

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the titles, Zak!

Abandoned Ship! The Creeping Shadow!

Wow, the group is almost at Slateport! Looks like the bunch of fillers we got at Dewford, made up for this! Hmm, I think May will catch something cute here, maybe a Skitty! Sounds good!

A Rival for May! Tough Pokemon Contest!

Well, it seems as if they've reached Slateport, and I wonder if she'll take part in a cute contest? Cause she can use a Skitty (if she caught one in the ship) and win!

Gaborn
8th June 2003, 10:59 PM
I doubt that there would be a Skitty sitting around on an abandoned ship in the middle of the ocean (cats tend to not like water). In the games, the abandoned ship had an item called a "scanner." You can trade that item for either of the two items that Clampearl evolves with.

I knew that May would have a contest rival. Btw, I'm pretty sure that when they say "TOUGH CONTEST" they mean that the contest type is tough, not that it is difficult. And with that being the case, she doesn't really have anything that would promise her a victory (unless she steals a meditite in that other episode).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jon UKX
9th June 2003, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the titles Zak!
I think the episode with the abandoned ship will properbly involves either Wailord or maybe something entirely different like a Gorebyss or Huntail.

The second episode sounds interesting though I wonder who the rival might be, maybe Brendan, Wally or a girl trainer who dislikes May because she has a Beautifly. Jessie will properbly enter the contest with Dustox and Seviper and actually win. (specualation but you never know),

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 09:11 AM
LOL, Gaborn, the picture was funny.

Anyway, I wonder if Jessie is the rival at May's Tough contest thingie. She will most likely use Seviper, and like you said, I don't think May has anything tough unless she catches something.

Light_Togetic
9th June 2003, 10:51 AM
I wonder who May's rival will be too. I hope it's a new person and not Jessie... although, then it would give Team Rocket something to do besides constantly try to get Pikachu. I hope May catches a Skitty, but are they even on the abandoned ship?

RyuukoAremi
9th June 2003, 11:28 AM
... was the 'tough' contest even CALLED 'tough contest' in the original game? I thought it was Strength Contest or something like that (NOA dumbed down the names of the types of contests so that they were short enough to fit in the spaces in the game). Eh, who knows.

And who even knows that the creeping shadow is a pokemon? =P Watch it be some person stalking them.

JazzJazz
9th June 2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by RyuukoAremi
... was the 'tough' contest even CALLED 'tough contest' in the original game? I thought it was Strength Contest or something like that (NOA dumbed down the names of the types of contests so that they were short enough to fit in the spaces in the game). Eh, who knows.

I'm pretty sure that they're "tough" contests...

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah, in both Ruby and Sapphire they're known as Tough Contests. I forgot the Japanese name though.

Rei_Zero
9th June 2003, 09:14 PM
I wonder if Ash and Brock will get reminded of the time they got stuck on SS Anne when they go to the ship.....

RyuukoAremi
10th June 2003, 01:01 PM
=P I know that they're called tough contests in the ENGLISH version. But wouldn't the JAPANESE title have the JAPANESE name of the contest in it? Either that or I'm missing something. If I'm right, then it's just a difficult contest.

Chris 2.1
10th June 2003, 03:13 PM
I think this creeping shadow will be Loudred! He follows TR, right? Maybe thats what it is. I'm not convinced this is based on Ash & Co, since May gets a big fright in 'Sableye the Startling', it seems weird to have it happen again so soon....

As for the contest, who knows? Maybe May catches Sableye and uses him? Hehe.

Hanada Tattsu
10th June 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by RyuukoAremi
=P I know that they're called tough contests in the ENGLISH version. But wouldn't the JAPANESE title have the JAPANESE name of the contest in it? Either that or I'm missing something. If I'm right, then it's just a difficult contest.

Well, if Zak translated it, then he would have translated the Japanese name for the contest to the American name for it, which is the Tough Contest.

Thy
11th June 2003, 02:53 PM
My guess about the shadow is that a bunch of Tentacruel will invade the ship backing the group into the room with a scanner. It would be a good way to introduce the Clampearl family.

The contest doesn't have to be a Tough Contest. Maybe it coukd be a tough contest. As is difficulty? Rival=difficult=tough.

JazzJazz
11th June 2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by *Thyzisen*
My guess about the shadow is that a bunch of Tentacruel will invade the ship

They've done plenty of things with tentacruel before. I'm thinking the shadow will be that of a single pokemon...

Animelee
11th June 2003, 11:02 PM
Maybe her rival is Brendan or Wally?

Wow, so many new AG's to look forward, to! :D

Zak
12th June 2003, 06:25 AM
Actually I'm not totally sure myself if its the actual "Tough" contest.... I tried doing some research to find the contest's Japanese names. But I couldn't find it.... but I figured it might, since the word meant "Hard Training".

~Zak

Hanada Tattsu
12th June 2003, 09:01 AM
Oh, so you guys are saying that the title could mean that it would be a tough contest for May, not an actual tough contest.

LOL, even if you're American, American can be a tough language. :D

JazzJazz
12th June 2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
LOL, even if you're American, American can be a tough language. :D

That would be English...

I think there's a good chance that May's rival in the contest will turn out to be Jessie. Of course, Team Rocket will try to cheat or steal the other pokemon and get blasted off...

Hanada Tattsu
12th June 2003, 06:13 PM
LOL, my bad, sorry.

You must all think I'm a dumb@ss now, okay, I'll stop.

Um, it's either Jessie or Wally. I have a feeling Brendan will be introduced in another way.

Light_Togetic
13th June 2003, 10:51 AM
I hope it's Wally. I like him better than Brendan. Besides, maybe he'd have a Ralts with him, and I would like to see Ralts on the show.

Has anyone noticed that May seems to have more of a realtionship with Jessie than anyone else on Team Twerp? The rivalry evoked by the two Wurmple between them is really interesting. Nobody else of Ash's friends has really been that involved with TR.

Gravy
13th June 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Has anyone noticed that May seems to have more of a realtionship with Jessie than anyone else on Team Twerp? The rivalry evoked by the two Wurmple between them is really interesting. Nobody else of Ash's friends has really been that involved with TR.

lol, another example of why Kasumi's departure benefits the anime. Long live Haruka-chan I say!

Yeah, Wally is indeed better than Brendan. Brendan reminds me of Shigeru in a way, back when he had that stuck-up attitude in those good old Kanto days. At least, he looks like a person who would have that attitude. Although, I really doubt it will be either of them, but lets just hope those writers prove me wrong.

Hanada Tattsu
14th June 2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I think Brendan should be the next Gary. His looks suit him, y'know, muscular, handsome (I'm not gay), smart, etc. Kinda like Gary. He could be a rival for Ash or May.

God of Fire
16th June 2003, 04:11 PM
Yeah, the look does suit him though Brendan was such a sweety in the game as a rival, I wouldn't want him to lose those qualitys for the anime.

Oh well, heres hoping it's either him or Wally. I wonder what Wally would look like?

Hanada Tattsu
16th June 2003, 07:55 PM
Wally should be a sickly nerd, kinda like in the game, and Brendan should pick on him. Leave it to Ash-tachi to clear everything up. Your ideal filler...

Meganiquil155
29th June 2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Jon UKX
Thanks for the titles Zak!
I think the episode with the abandoned ship will properbly involves either Wailord or maybe something entirely different like a Gorebyss or Huntail.

The second episode sounds interesting though I wonder who the rival might be, maybe Brendan, Wally or a girl trainer who dislikes May because she has a Beautifly. Jessie will properbly enter the contest with Dustox and Seviper and actually win. (specualation but you never know),

I don't mean to sound like a dumb person but, who's Wally and what does he look like? I was always wondering and I don't have R/S yet

Animelee
29th June 2003, 12:26 AM
Wally:

http://netkun.com/pockemon/story/0202/s3_0202_06.gif

He's a boy who's has severe asthma (according to the manga) and he had to move in with his aunt and uncle, since the air in their town is cleaner, and less harmful to him.

He trains his Pokemon well, and before you face the Elite Four, he faces you at the end of Victory Road. After so many steps, you can re-match him over and over (forever) at the end of Victory Road.

Animelee
29th June 2003, 12:28 AM
This is how Wally looks in the game:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hanada Tattsu
29th June 2003, 10:33 AM
Wally has asthma? Some people were saying that he had SARS or AIDS or something, I dunno, but it was supposed to be a joke. O_O

Gravy
29th June 2003, 11:15 AM
Otaku Shigeru, you have got to tell me where you obtained that manga, or else! *shakes fist at monitor*
lol, seriously though, where the hell did you find that? Could you scan some more pictures if possible ^_^0 lol, sorry for being an annoyance.

Wally? Of course he suffers from Asthma. In the game he's sent to Verdanturf because of the fresh air.:rolleyes:

Dragon_Claw
29th June 2003, 11:20 AM
If he had AIDS or SARS I think that would be too hard for people who lost somebody too that. And then they would never let him go on a Pokémon adventure. With SARS he could spread that around to other Pokémon/trainers

Hanada Tattsu
30th June 2003, 01:16 PM
I know, I was just saying that before the game was released, some people were spreading rumors that Wally had some kind of deadly sickness like that.