PDA

View Full Version : Of Music and Blood~ Sign Ups!

Drusilla
8th June 2003, 05:56 PM
Of Music and Blood~ PG-13 to Mature!

Jephed got up, clutching his guitar, and headed toward the door.
"Get back here. Put down that guitar. Where do you think you're going?"
Jephed did not put down the guitar, but turned to face him. "Out of here," he said, meaning out of tests and recommendations, out of fifty years of clerical work and monitored drug intake and team counseling meetings and retirement planning, out of the safe, static world into which he had been born. Out.
His father knew what he meant. "Look. Jeph. Son." The old man fumbled toward him with a callused hand. "You ain't thinking of going to the gangs, are you?"
Jephed looked steadily back at him and did not answer. It was no use answering. His father would never understand how the street gangs were where life was, life bone-deep and sky-high, life rich in danger and bloodletting and dying. And they were where the music was, real music with muscle and nerve endings in it, not the pasty-soft sellout stuff that the holocubes played.
His fathers eyes went hard. "I should have broken that blasted guitar in half the minute you brought it into the house."
"So break me in half," Jephed said. His music was his life. He knew this the way he knew few other things. The way he knew his mother had loved him, giving him life before she died. The way he had once known his father loved him... not he felt not so sure.
"Listen, punk." His father went quiet and stony, a stocky rock of a blue-shirt man in the middle of the shabby room. "If you walk out of here, don't ever come back."
Jephed nodded. "Bye," he whispered. He went out the door.

~Taken from "Who's Gonna Rock Us Home?" by Nancy Springer, found in May/June 2003 Cicada Literary Magazine
----------------------------------------------------------------

It's the future. Life is plastic; you're sent to school at an early age to be taught how to be a contributing citizen. When you enter your teens, you begin to regularly take "cope", a drug that causes euphoria and serenity. You're tested, and assigned a job. You do that job for fifty years, and they you're sent off into retirement. Sounds great? Not really.
Some... some discover music. They discover life the way that it once was. When it had possibilities. And they realize that they don't need the structured life that they lead. They need something... more...

There are three distinct gangs. The story "Who's Gonna Rock Us Home?", which this RPG is based on, covers the experience of a young man who joins the Ax Warriors. Consequently, the story covers the most about them. But I'll do my best here.

Ax Warriors- In the story (it's a short story, BTW), the members of the gang are noted to like classics such as Springsteen and Elvis. Some of the characters are-
Luz- She's a sassy one. Described as "Black-leather short skirt, black-lace bra top, glossy black hair. Hispano." She's hot and she knows it. She gets away with a lot more than most.
"Big Man"- "He was the leader; Jephed could tell it be his tough wedge of a face, by the red kerchief on his head, but his curt tone." He's the leader of the Ax Warriors. Heartless, he gives Jephed a task that is cruel, and it becomes his demise.
This is to give you an idea of how the Ax Warriors are, if that's your gang. Remember-
"The only drugs and Ax Warrior needs are his woman and his brothers and his music."

The Freaks- There's a battle between the Freaks and the Ax Warriors, so I know a little about them. They're described as "all boots and muscle and tattoos". They most likely listen to metal, from the classics of Metallica to the newer stuff from KoRn. They're the toughest fighters around. Not someone you're going to want to mess with.

The third gang is The Rockin' Death. Since there's not much about them in the story, I think we'll leave them out. If someone really wants to play a char from them, PM me. Otherwise, no.

Sign-Up
Name:
Gang: Ax Warriors or the Freaks
Looks: Include scars/tattoos too people. They're not something that can be avoided!
Personality:
Instrument: Bass, guitar, improv drums, whatever. In this world, you don't have any excess equipment, like amps and whatnot. They're all built in; coolies, huh?
Weapon(s) of choice-
History: NOT OPTIONAL! Put what kind of family you came from, why you left, what your job would have been, ect.
Relationships: Do you have a person that you have bonded with? Someone that's your partner? Someone you care for?
Other: =-o!

My SU, w00t!
Name: Varda Morgil
Gang: Freaks, w00t!
Looks: She's got the Metallica insignia on her right shoulder in black (of course). She's really tall, about 6'5, and like the Freaks' usually are; all boots, muscle, and tattoos. Not exactly the most feminine to one who doesn't know her, she's got an ultra feminine side to her that is rarely seen. There's a scar running from her left ear to below her left eye. She's got piercings up the wazoo (he he, fun word!), including all the way up her ears, both eyebrows, and her lip. There may be more, you just don't see 'em ;). She wears a black tank top and black jeans with heavy black motorcycle boots. This is the girl that could beat Arnold's arse...
Personality: Despite her outward appearance, she's very kind towards those she cares for. A powerful fighter, she knows she's strong, but also knows that she doesn't have to use her strength to get her way. Never one to use over kill, she only uses as much force as is needed for the job and saves her energy for more important things.
Instrument: Bass and electric
Weapon(s) of choice- sledge hammer and/or nice long chain
History: She was bound for secretarial work when she and some close friends said 'screw it' and created the gang. They're a force to be reckoned with. She looks out for her followers like a vicious mother of her children, but she doesn't baby them. Instead, she seems heartless and inhumane towards new kids, but it's all got a purpose. She would die for her friends, and they know it. So, she's obviously the leader...
Relationships: her gang of course, and "Jaymz" ^_~
Other: =-o!

The Muffin Man
8th June 2003, 06:26 PM
Name: Mike "Jaymz" Hetfield
Gang: the Freaks
Looks: He stands about 6'0", with a medium build. He's rather small, as far as the freaks go. He has a long scar across his chest and a black Metallica insignia on his left. Despite being short, he has a muscular build. His strength is apparent, as his tertiary(3rd) weapon weighs a good 10lbs, and he wields it like a pencil. He wears all black, and has short spiked hair, the tips died black...
Personality: He is pretty dark and withdrawn, except for fellow freaks. He prefers to keep to himself unless he truly cares for a person. Unlike Varda, he is more than happy to go overboard with whatever he does.
Instrument: Rythme(sp?) Guitar, and vocals
Weapon(s) of choice- Katana stolen from antique store, a desert eagle, and a staff made of lightweight stainless steel.
History: He's lived with his parents all his life. He was assigned a job as a Sticker Factory worker(WTF? o_O; ) but eventually broke lose, and has been on the run since. His parents have always encouraged him to run away and free humanity from this mess, and were slaughtered for it...
Relationships: Varda Morgil
Other: o_O Wheee...

Drusilla
8th June 2003, 08:41 PM
accepted...

DarkBlastoise
8th June 2003, 09:33 PM
after a month long break I am back...

Sign-Up
Name: Dino "Morbid" Cazares
Gang: the Freaks
Looks: around 6'0", decent build, Has spikey stringy black hair, that flows all over the place, intense blood-red eyes, a black goatee, his ears are pierced and have earings in them (not studs), a black fire tatoo runs from his shoulder to his mid-wrist on his right arm, and on his left arm in Old Englsh letters, it says Disturbed. He wears a Fear Factory T-Shirt, with a black leather trenchcoat with the sleeves "ripped" off. He wears long baggy black jeans, a Iron Clad belt, a chain wallet and a normal chain (both attach to his belt)
Personality: Is quiet, keeps to himself, and likes to play the guitar and write sad depressing lyrics...
Instrument: Accoustic Guitar, Lyrics (sp?), and works the digital sound keyboard
Weapon(s) of choice- Throwing Shuriken
History: Was abandoned by Parents, and grew up in the street...he eventually met Rachel, his love, and th only light in his life...who was savagely beaten to death...by the Ax Warriors, this is why he joined the Freaks...to seek vengeance onm the Axe Raiders...He listens to KoRn, Disturbed, Slipknot, and others not only to wash away the pain...but to build up his anger as he plots his revenge...
Relationships: No one...his girlfriend was killed by members of the Ax Warriors...
Other: nothing much...

Drusilla
8th June 2003, 09:42 PM
DB- fill out the form completely and I MIGHT accept you. Notice the word MIGHT. You don't have the cleanest record and I POINT BLANK REFUSE to let a flame war happen in MY RPG. I WILL NOT tolerate it, got it?

Ginger Cat
8th June 2003, 10:12 PM
Hellll yeah. :D
Thankee-sai, Dru, hope these're all right...
And yes, these are VERY, VERYYYYYY strongly influenced by LLK...
Speaking of which, Knee Deep in the Dead played on the radio today. :D
I'm making this up as I go along, so yuh...

Name: Rhapsody Staton
Gang: The Rockin' Death
Looks: Pretty much like this- http://www.boomspeed.com/why_bother/TwistedSingingcut2.bmp
Only, he has hair... It's black and semi-shaggy. And he's a bit lankier.
If that makes any sense.
Wears the dress shirt and pants, occasionally with a suit jacket, often without. Has a tatoo of a knife with a lollipop -- the Lollipop Lust Kill symbol (see here: http://www.boomspeed.com/why_bother/SingAndPointcut.bmp). Obviously bears INCREDIBLY strong resemblence to Evvy of Lollipop Lust Kill (in truth, he's related to the guy... explain it all right?).
Has a scar under his jaw on the right side... It quite large and jagged... He's got another across the left rib cage.
Eyes are a gleaming gold color. Often has the twisted expression on his face, or a darkly amused one. Nails painted black. When in need of a coat, wears a black trench coat.
What else? Ah, yes. His canines are shaved slightly to look like vampire teeth.
Personality: Angry, angst-ridden, and emotional. Tends to be dark, attracted toward the "Darker" side of life. The music that he writes is strongly based on the anger, resentment, and futility that he often feels. He sees the world as it is; a wasteland. In a large part of his being, he'd love to see the whole world burn. Has a serious problem with society in general. He sees his own faults and those of others magnified greatly.
Instrument: Mostly vocals... Plays electric guitar, too, when he feels like it, and can play drumset, as well as some electric bass.
Weapon(s) of choice: Dagger that looks like the one on his tatoo, some scalples (at least one of which is rusted), needles, assult rifle, various handguns, lighters, other objects that produce fire... Hell, I won't lsit 'em all. Suffice it to say that he's got a large stock of weapons, and enjoys them all. He always has the dagger and at least one handgun.
History: His family was the typical "we're under this lovely spell" type. As for hismelf, he often fell into looking at music and literature that was considered blasphemous by the "happy police". The drugs never worked very well on him, though often it was said that he'd get past it. He never did, obviously. There was talk of sending him to work at an Electronics Company, but it never happened. He left without much of a farewell to his parents, seeing them as the molded creatures that they were, and left for music, which seemed to be the only way out. He started a group on an impulse; the idea came about from items and articles, CDs and pictures, that he had found hidden away--these of a band called Lollipop Lust Kill. The group he started, the Rockin' Death, is a Death Metal group formed to be much like Lollipop Lust Kill. Since the formation, he's been writing and performing music with the others of his group, always resentful, angry, and searching for answers.
Relationships: Not really... Aside from being a relative of Evvy's somehow... *shrug* He's really the only one here from the group at this point... Maybe ever... *shrug*
Other: The members of the Rockin' Death share many of the same views as he; angry, looking into the world, searching. All are ready to kill. Although they aren't the strongest, they are fairly strong (though not heavily muscled) and quite noticably intelligent/sly; this trait helps them immensly. They're into blood and murder, as well. This is definitely helpful to them--they can kill easily without caring. They like it, and therefore do not usually hesitate to do so. Their methods of killing are often very creative; they range from quick kills with guns or explosives to days of torture. As a note about soley Rhapsody, he's a bit of a necropheliac... As well as an insomniac. :D He likes the night, though. He's also VERY much into murder, though not of those he is close to. It's... a bit of an odd situation.

May put up another one at some time, if this is okay...

DarkBlastoise
8th June 2003, 10:42 PM
*edits it* sorry....

Drusilla look, I dont want to start crap with ppl...okay? if I do ill leave aite...

MarillTogepi
8th June 2003, 11:57 PM
Hope this'll be accepted...took a while to actually get the character concept in my mind.

Name: Raven Nyfleyht (nye-flay-ght)
Gang: Freaks ;)
Looks: Tattooed on her back, in silver and red, is a full-scale replica of the symbol from the cover of Disturbed's Believe album (click here (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000069KN8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) to see...), on her left hip is a single short-stemmed black rose, fully in bloom, small drops of blood dripping off the thorns (scrollwork underneath says "Beautiful but deadly"), and encircling the middle of her upper arm is part of a black, red, and bronze-scaled cobra (just above the scaled circle, the rest of the cobra is reared up, poised to strike. Brilliant red eyes, silver fangs). 5'11", blood-red hair cut to chin-level (no bangs), mirror-grey eyes. Tongue (small silver barbell), eyebrow (small silver hoop) piercings, both ears pierced (between the two, 8...various). Black leather bikini top, black mid calf-length skin-tight leather pants, tucked into knee-length black leather boots. Uniformly black and blood red makeup.
Personality: Dark, can be rather moody at times, but she's actually a rather nice person once you get to know her. Has her wild side (and will be the first to tell you that getting the tattoo on her back hurt like a b*tch). Her more somber moods are punctuated by writing poetry, which she sometimes turns into music (she's her biggest critic). Her anger is shown in her music (either translated into creativity, the odd screamed lyric, or in the drumbeats).
Instrument: *looks around, considers her options* Drums! Vocals too.
Weapon(s) of choice- Brass knuckles, throwing knives, a rawhide leather whip, and plenty of other various implements of torture and destruction ;)
History: Was once bound for a life of making those little music-playing holocubes...after a few times hearing the boring, sugary "sickening" music those things put out, then the idea of spending the next 50 years listening to that crap, well...she absolutely snapped, running away from it all. Music is her drug, not "cope"...
Relationships: The gang is her family, she's yet to meet the man who can tame her.
Other: *begins throwing holocubes at Other*

The Muffin Man
9th June 2003, 01:48 PM
Just popped in to *kicks DB in the head*:o

lol jk, Seriously though. I wanted to correct MT. There's most likely NO keyboards or synthesizers in any kind of metal band(nu, death, black, speed, etc.)

and Ginger - Umm, your character fits well enough into the Freaks. But we don't want any posers :p*Has heard LLK. Did not like*

Drusilla
9th June 2003, 01:58 PM
Hmmm... alright DB, you're in for now... just don't push it...

Ginger, can't get your links to work, but everything else is OK.

MT, Mike has a point. Synthesisers= holocube. Sorry... everything else looks good though.

MarillTogepi
9th June 2003, 03:57 PM
OK, form's edited :) Drums actually seem to be a better choice, now that I look at it.

Edited again. I swear, this is starting to remind me of the time I tried to get into a vampire MUSH and I kept getting rejected (which formed my opinion that the people who review submissions for MUSH characters are the pickiest and fussiest people EVER!).

The Muffin Man
9th June 2003, 04:03 PM
Erm, Oh yeah...and MT? ^_^;; Hun...5'12 is 6"...12" is a foot, So 1 foot + 5 feet = 6 feet o.o;; did you mean SIX twelve?

DarkBlastoise
9th June 2003, 07:07 PM
*is kicked in the head* ouch...how many more sign-ups are needed?

Craig
9th June 2003, 07:38 PM
Name: Craig Symonds
Gang: The Freaks
Looks: Incredibly pale, with black (dyed) hair in a shag, is roughly 5'8 and is a light build, wears all black clothing usually band shirts for punk bands like AFI, Misfits, Dead Kennedys..etc
Personality: likes having fun, but also likes his time alone... can be a very solitary person or a very outgoing person. People tell me im kind :/ but I Dont really believe them!
Instrument: Electric Bass
Weapon(s) of choice- A knife
History: Grew up in a fairly normal neighborhood, a normal kid until he found about this little thing called music anyways, Craig joined the band of the freaks and started to spend less and less time at home. His parents dont approve of the way he dresses
Relationships: His little black cat named Shadow, that lives with him.
Other: =-o! indeed

Ginger Cat
9th June 2003, 10:07 PM
Thankee-sai, Dru.
Mike, that's a matter of opinion. So go ahead and say whatever it is you wish... I still love 'em.
The links should work now... The first one's to the same picture as is in my sig, so don't bother... It's just there.

*as a side note to anyone who cares, I f***ing hate the term posers...*

The Muffin Man
9th June 2003, 10:30 PM
Well don't be/listen to one. :p

And no MSN? Hmm..."busy" again?

Drusilla
9th June 2003, 11:13 PM
*smites Mike and Ginger*
Stop that! Talk to it in PM dammit, not here. ><
DB- dunno, when I feel we have enough. I'd like to get some Ax Warriors in though... So, no more freaks
kthnkxbai

Drusilla
10th June 2003, 12:01 AM
Right-o, I'm starting it now, LSUs go there, w0r0tŠ!