PDA

View Full Version : 2-vs-2 Badge / Medallion Challenge

Shade the Light Gym Leader
8th June 2003, 06:00 PM
Shade Okay, it's time. I must get my Gym back.

(Why not add dramatics? ;) )

I'll challenge any current Gym Leader or Elite to get my position back. That leaves The_Missing_Link, Impereon, ASHarris, and Charizard04621...

I'm willing to battle whichever of you four comes along first.

RULES
2-on-2
72 Hour DQ
You choose first, I attack first
Arena: Your choice
Prizes:
One Catch/Evo
2 Yen
A Badge / Medallion (if I win)
MY GYM (also if I win :o)

Shade Yep.

Yumemiru
8th June 2003, 06:35 PM
I would love to accept this challenge. However, I will be gone for two weeks following this week. If you're willing to postpone the battle at that time, then excellent. If not, then someone else can accept the challenge. It's your choice.

I'll post the arena and such if you let me accept the challenge.

9th June 2003, 08:09 PM
Shade I'd love to battle you. *is glad someone replied :o*

I'm willing to wait, if I have to do it for my Gym...

You're on.

*waits for ref*

Cyrus
9th June 2003, 08:28 PM
Once ASHarris returns from her trip, if both of you don't find me lacking as a ref, I will ref this.

Yumemiru
11th June 2003, 12:08 PM
Thank, Cyrus, but I told Mozz he could ref. If you don't mind, I'd like to hold the spot for him. Provided Shade agrees, of course.

Arena: The Theater at Epidauros

"Theatre, Epidaurus, built during the last quarter of the fourth century B.C....The harmony of its cavea, the way it 'sits' in the landscape with the semicircle hollowed out of the side of the hill, and the quality of its acoustics make the Epidaurus theatre one of the great architectural achievements of the fourth century. The circular orchestra provides the link with the stage buildings."

—Henri Stierlin. Comprende l'Architecture universelle. p62.

Click here (http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Theater_at_Epidauros.html) for more information and some pictures.

The arena consists of the stage, the orchestra, and the entire "house" (all of the seats in the stadium).

The whole structure is very old, and only some of it has been restored. Therefore, bits and pieces can collapse or crumble, which could be a problem if you're standing on or under them.

Battles always take place at dusk in this arena.

As for my first choice, I choose Rizaadono, my male Charizard. For those of you who know naught of him, you're in for a treat.

EDIT: Oh, Shade... for people who have the default settings on for the forums, your font color really hurts. ;_;

Hikaru
11th June 2003, 12:27 PM
I suggest both of you read up on battles I've reffed in both leagues. I deal with energy types and damage differently than most refs, so study me up before you attack.

13th June 2003, 07:21 PM
Shade Okay, I'll change my font to the default color for this topic, if I have to... ~_~;;;

Okay, I think I'll start with Fang, my female Tyranitar. I really need to win this battle, so I'm taking every advantage I can.

Tyranitar Female
Nickname: Fang
Signature Move: Steel T-Slam
On the first turn, Fang’s skin gets as hard as diamond. It does this by focusing the same kind of energy as it would to do an Iron Tail, only much more concentrated. On the second turn, Fang slams into the opponent, crushing it. This move takes two turns to use. Fang doesn't gain any damage while using this move, but she does get a bit tired for a few turns afterward. One time use.
Type: Steel | Accuracy: 80% | Damage: 25% | Paralysis: 50%

Fang, start this off easy. Ancientpower, Rock Slidex2.[/color][/i]

22nd June 2003, 08:06 AM
Shade I don't wanna double post, but I can't edit an attacks post, so I'm just saying I'm OK with Mozz reffing. :D

Yumemiru
27th June 2003, 02:55 PM
Uppercut (or just smack) Fang with a Steel Wing as you Fly up and out of harm's way. Then watch her waste energy playing with rocks.

Hikaru
30th June 2003, 03:34 PM
Well, then, let's get this party started..

Into the theatre, two of the most terrifying battlers appear, Tyranitar and Charizard. Tyranitar lets out a thunderous roar, while Charizard replies in kind. Charizard is the first to move, stunning Tyranitar by launching itself straight towards it! Tyranitar is barely able to dodge the brunt of the attack by sidestepping it, but its right arm is clipped, as it takes mild damage from the attack.. Charizard sails off into the air, as Tyranitar roars, summoning rocks from the ancient theatre, and hurling them via telepathy towards Charizard, who is able to dodge most, but not all, as a good sized rock clips its wing.. It's still able to maintain height, however, as Tyranitar smacks into the ground at a hard angle, sending rocks high into the air, but none reaching Charizard, who is now quite high in the air.. Tyranitar, seeing his previous failure, decides against wasting his energy on a second attempt, and now stares at the Charizard, who gives an eerie grin back..

Tyranitar: 94%, angry, but healthy
Charizard: 93%, wing is slightly sore, but otherwise fine

Yumemiru
30th June 2003, 03:44 PM
Double Team, then pelt Fang with a Dragonbreath or two. Come in a little if you must, though evasion is the priority over attacking for the moment.

2nd July 2003, 12:39 PM
Shade Good job, Fang. Let's keep this up. When it does a Double Team, use another Ancientpower, this time trying to hit each clone (and hopefully finding the real one) with at least one rock. When it starts to use Dragonbreath, target a Dragonbreath of your own at the ceiling above the dragon, keeping the blast aimed above it. If you are lucky, some of the ceiling will fall onto it, since it is so brittle. Finish this round up with a nice Thunderbolt.

Yumemiru
2nd July 2003, 12:56 PM
Eh... There is no ceiling.

Hikaru
9th July 2003, 08:30 AM
Tyranitar: 94%, angry, but healthy
Charizard: 93%, wing is slightly sore, but otherwise fine

Tyranitar looks up at the dusk sky, seeing the flying fire lizard create two clones, bringing the visible total of Charizard in the sky up to 3. Tyranitar reacts with an Ancientpower, as it's a good move selection, as the rocks, while focused, span a wide enough area to knock into two of the clones at once! The real Charizard doesn't take the brunt of the attack, but it takes some more good damage, this time to its other wing...

Not too pleased, Charizard fires back with a Dragonbreath, which is countered by one from Tyranitar*! The two attacks meet, and in typical anime fashion, the energy from the two attacks causes a huge explosion, as dirt, smoke and other goodness is released into the air! The two Pokemon take some damage from the explosion, as Charizard sails up and away, able to avoid the sole Thunderbolt let out by the rocky beast...

Tyranitar: 87%, Feeling a little better, beginning to sweat
Charizard: 78%, both wings are sore, not yet sweating

*This is in line with one of my personal reffing rules, the "Idiot Rule," which states that Pokemon aren't as dumb as their trainers. Tyranitar was told to attack something that wasn't there, so it instead attacked its enemy. Don't worry Shade, it's not named after you, but someone much worse =D

10th July 2003, 05:53 PM
Shade ...

...Um... we're winning... :o

Fang, awesome job so far. Keep it up. We need a stat boost pretty quickly... keep AncientPowering. If you get a boost this round, replace the remaining actions with Rock Slides.

Yumemiru
11th July 2003, 10:54 PM
I won't be here next week. So don't DQ me. Not that you'd want to anyway, seeing as you can't get my Medallion and a GL position by winning via DQ.

Remain out of range of the rocks and power up a Hyper Beam. Fire it when you're ready.

Fly as necessary, Hyper Beam

30th July 2003, 01:48 AM
Shade It's been three weeks, no ref... come on here! This battle's important! lol

Hikaru
30th July 2003, 08:30 AM
ASHarris hasn't been on in a week or two, but give me an hour to get some stuff done at work and I'll crank this out. I usually like to wait for both battlers to be online (i.e., have an available computer) before reffing, but I'll take care of this soon.

20th September 2003, 05:28 PM
Shade Wow... it's been a while... anyway, I'm reviving this battle from the dead...

Yumemiru
25th September 2003, 03:33 PM
Eh... it's been over two months. =\

Shall we consider it dead and start another challenge anew, or try to get a sub-ref who can pick it up smoothly where it left off?

25th September 2003, 06:48 PM
Shade I say we try to find a subref... Anyone? :D

The Dark Master
25th September 2003, 10:58 PM
May I?

Dolla plz. :P

j/k

26th September 2003, 04:49 PM
Shade Sure, Ronnie, go ahead.

The Dark Master
1st October 2003, 02:03 AM
Hello Ladies, I'm here to torment you with my reffing.

Can you feel it?

Round Three

Shade vs. ASHarris

Fang the Tyranitar (F) vs Rizaadono the Charizard (M)

Stats:
Tyranitar: 87%, Fatigue: 20%, Feeling a little better, beginning to sweat
Charizard: 78%, Fatigue: 20%, both wings are sore, not yet sweating

Battle:

The battle continues on as the two trainers try to go for their goal. Shade for a dream of being GL and ASHarris to stop him.

Tyranitar stands her ground as form a stance as she taps into her telekinetic powers deep inside her. The ground quakes as chunks of the theater begin to break and form boulders of solid rock.

Charizard is flying around getting ready to avoid tyranitars attacks. Just as charizard looks down, tyranitars sends a barrage of rocks in different sizes from tiny pebbles to behemoth demons at the dragon. Charizard frantically dodges the rocks in an attempt to stay alive.

Some rocks hit charizard but luckly, they were only big enough as the size of charizards fist. Charizard gives a roar of determination as charizard isn't too happy on his account.

Nows his chance, he has flown high enough to dodge much and prolly most of tyranitars attacks. He begins to charge up a destructive hyper beam as he hovers miles in the air above his opponent.

Tyranitars see this and knows she must hit him while he is charging while she can. She taps into the telekinetic energies and hurls more rocks at charizard. As the rocks as lifted in the air, a white glow is seen in the sky and comes gliding into tyranitar. Looks like an old ancestor has decided to aid tyranitar in helping shade win.

The rocks rumble in the sky as they move towards charizard. Charizard can't do much but hover as much as he can while he preps the beam. A massive rock about the size of charizard comes flying into charizard as he can't do anything to dodge in time or he riskes his only chance of damaging tyranitar heavly.

The rock smacks into charizard and is sent on a collision course for the ground. Charizard is immense pain but as he is falling down, he unleashes a force like no other. A brilliant beam of rainbow light is fired at tyranitar.

Tyranitar, with the beam coming out blue rolls to the side in an attempt to dodge the beam. The beam blasts the ground where tyranitar stood and explodes on impact sending the dodging tyranitar into the higher ground of the auditorium.

Crashes and loud booms is all you can hear as piles of rubble and debris and including tyranitar as they land from the air into the ground of the arena.

Charizard free-falls from the sky as he tries as he can to use the air brushing below him and glides back into the air.

The badly hurt charizard flies into the sky as he scans at the massive damage he has inflected to the arena, including tyranitar which now lies atop of the arena on the ground.

Tyranitar gets up out of her god forsaken pit and looks up into the sky. Charizard seemingly flying above her waiting to see what she will do next.

With tyranitars last action, she grabs the debris around her and hurls it at charizard. Charizard so tired is having a hard time dodging now. Charizard flies higher as he dodges the barrage and finally begins to calm down as tyranitars attack is no more.

The two pokemon look at each other as they can both see the fatigue growing in both of them.

End of Round

Stats:
Tyranitar: 72%, Fatigue: 48%, Sweating and has a some back pain
Charizard: 60%, Fatigue: 44%, Breathing hard and badly bruised

I kinda figured, why not have them start out with 20% fatigue equally so to not make it unfair since there already in battle.
That okay?

Yumemiru
1st October 2003, 03:48 PM
You should base the fatigue by reading the past rounds and seeing which attacks were performed, not by just making up numbers.

Shade, I made my last attacks based on my knowledge of Mozz's reffing style. If I had known someone else was going to ref (in this case, TDM), I would have posted attacks accordingly. I knew Mozz wouldn't have any rocks travel "miles" into the air (much less have something go quite that unreasonably high in the first place). His written definitions for Ancientpower, Rock Slide, etc., as well as the way he reffed it in previous rounds are very different than what TDM seems to go by. Ergo, I request that we redo last round. Not a re-ref, per se, but a re-issuing of attacks, then a re-ref.

I had originally considered this battle dead, anyway. Since it's back, I have to reinstate myself into the feel of it. =\

Hikaru
1st October 2003, 06:37 PM
Yeah, considering the wide difference in power and number of attacks used, assuming equal fatigue is silly ^^;

The Dark Master
1st October 2003, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry ASHarris, your right I should have judged the fatigue from the last two rounds but I kinda figured that the fatigue on both pokemon would be around 20% at the start of 0% but if you wish to have me do the fatigue from the begining by browsing the last two rounds then I'll do it by judging how much the pokemons attacks and hits did to each other.

The end result will be one pokemon may have more fatigue then the other, more of less. Also IMO, having charizard trying to fly and do attacks at the same time as I skimmed through the last rounds makes me think charizard must be burning a bit more fatigue then he would usually do.

I'll go ahead and change the reffing if you want me to, its just up to shade to decide what's on his mind on that. I can't anything without both you agreeing on it but I'm sure you both know that. ^_^

The Dark Master
22nd October 2003, 12:31 AM
Are you guys letting this battle die?

=(