PDA

View Full Version : Think they'll give May and Masato a last name?

Pewter City Geodude
8th June 2003, 08:16 PM
Seeing as how May's father has been shown in the anime (and maybe eventually her mother) we'll see her family, so I wonder if she'll actually be given a last name. I know how Gym Leader's names seem to fit with their chosen type, so in a fanfic I used White as May's last name. (White being the "normal" color, as well as an actual last name.) May White and Norman White sound ok, what do you think?

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 09:03 PM
Well, we have seen all of May's family in their debut. We've seen obviously May, her younger brother Masato, and their father. We also saw their mother, who's name is Mitsuko.

Also, to tell the truth, since we know more of May's family than Misty's, we might just get some character development on her part.

Light_Togetic
10th June 2003, 09:58 AM
I don't know, that's a hard question. I mean, we get to see Brock's dad and practically his family's life story, and we still don't know his last name. I don't think that they'll say it unless it seems necessary for some reason.

Do they say the full name in the Japanese version?

Hanada Tattsu
10th June 2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Do they say the full name in the Japanese version?

No, I don't remember them saying the full names for anyone in the Japanese version. But I do remember everyone's names.

Haruka - May
?????? - Masato

Senri - Norman
Mitsuko -????? (May's mom)