PDA

View Full Version : open challenge

Gengar's Dance
8th June 2003, 09:01 PM
open challenge...yeayeayea newbie = me so go easy...

1v1
i send out, you attack
DQ 1 week
Arena: On the moving plat of the earth. I'm talking 'bout the magma, heat, non-density, the works. Water, ice, and steel attacks are not as effective here.

Ban from rest, recover, etc.(giga Drain and the sort u can use)

GO HEPHÆSTUS!

ok...here we go...BTW, hephÆstus is my porygon(no gender)

Deck Knight
9th June 2003, 05:32 AM
Hmm... a Porygon... I have a slot open(and two of my battles are postpoined due to absense anyway) and I'm willing to battle, if you don't mind.

If you don't, then I choose YOU, Slumber the Drowzee(Male)!

Slumber: Lets get ready fo dis match...

Gengar's Dance
9th June 2003, 09:31 AM
yea ill accept ur challenge, so post attax

Deck Knight
9th June 2003, 12:01 PM
Alright Drowzee, Porygon is a slippery character, so we'll have to be sneaky too...

Start with a solid Substitute(20%), and then use Psychic to mess with its Digital Mind, then use Hypnosis to send it snoozing.

Gengar's Dance
9th June 2003, 07:41 PM
Me: OK hephæstus! Lets win!*runs around like a maniac*

Hephæstus: R u on steroids?

Me: -_-()..u have to ruin the fun, dont u?

Hephæstus: Yea....

Me: Ok, enough of that! First, before he uses sub, use a quick THUNDER WAVE! Then, quickly now, use CONVERSION DARK! You have to do that before psychic. Now, finish the round with ICE BEAM!

Hephæstus: You finally did something usful! YAY!!

Me: ^_^;;

SneaselReborned
9th June 2003, 07:59 PM
I would love to ref this, but bballfan1 is my brother. I dunno, if you can't find a ref in awhile and Deck Knight is ok, I'll ref.

I'm not biased, even with my brother. Anyway, I would probably give him a worse deal if I was biased...

Syberia
9th June 2003, 08:01 PM
I've been sucked into reffing this... go me o_o;

Gengar's Dance
13th June 2003, 01:34 PM
Ummmmm, syb....cmon syb....

Syberia
13th June 2003, 03:43 PM
Err, I told you I wouldn't be able to ref until now... guess what? I wasn't :p

ROUND 1 – BBallfan1 vs. Deck Knight

Pre-battle:

This battle begins between two distinctly different members of this little piece of Styx (or the other word that always gets censored out, if you prefer, although both would seem to have almost the same meaning) known as ASB. One is an unspoiled, fresh-picked newbie, while his opponent would appear to be none other than the grumpy old demented man known as Deck Knight. Not oddly, he would seem to hate everything about this place except for winning battles, along with a certain other female trainer who I will refrain from mentioning here.

No matter, though, as they themselves will not be the ones fighting today. As the glare from both pokeballs fades, a hovering batch of computer code finds itself matched up with a yellow psychic elephant. *clears his eyes* Pink elephants... o_o; I must be drunk... but if I am drunk, then there's no such thing as this battle right now, and I am wasting my time by reffing something that doesn't exist. But, then, why would there be a need for the job of "ref" to even exist? But... *collapses in an endless mental loop of drunkenness*

Ehm... moving on

The combatants:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 100%, fine
Slumber (Drowzee M): 100%, fine

Commands:
BBallfan1: Thunder Wave, Conversion (Dark), Ice Beam
Deck Knight: Substitute, Psychic, Hypnosis

FIGHT!

With a quiet sort of beep, Hephaestus' body begins to crackle lightly with a surge of electricity. Slumber stares it down without giving even the slightest indication that he cares one way or the other, as the wave of energy passes over him. But something's not quite right here... Slumber did not even flinch. This is supposed to be the part where he's gritting his teeth, writhing in the ground as a result of uncontrollable muscle spasms.

Hephaestus can only do so much before he must consider it a waste, and instead focuses within himself. As his foe's eyes glow a malicious shade of deep blue, his body shifts strangely... instead of a mix of the colors white, purple, and blue, he is now a single mass of solid black, silhouetted against the heat and flames of a red-hot pool of magma. Slumber blinks... what was only moments before a seemingly helpless victim is now, as far as his mind can tell, completely nonexistant.

He shall try once more... locking stares with Hephaestus, his eyes this time glow red. The Porygon remains unfazed as he blasts him with a freezing beam of ice, but all that ever reaches his target is steam and water. Instead of being frozen, Slumber is instead scalded from the heat.

Post-round stats:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 100%, currently a Dark-type, fatigue (8%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 75%, substitute (17%), fatigue (7%)

Gengar's Dance
13th June 2003, 04:51 PM
Thanx for the reffing syb. Ok, this is good! Hephæstus, ur doing great!

Now, use an Icy Wind! It doesnt matter where he is, because Icy wind hits everywhere. Now, use another Icy Wind. Now, to finish that sub, and to part damage to the real drowzee, use Blizzard! If he uses If he uses any fighting attacks, Convert Ghost.

Icy Windx2 ~ Blizzard

Subs: If Fighting attack, Convert Ghost

there!

Deck Knight
13th June 2003, 07:10 PM
*in an old voice* You watch who you're calling demented, sonny...*/old voice*.

Alright Drowzee, it appears our foe has forgotten one of your happier abilities. Use a Thunder Wave and show Porygon your own brand of electrical prowess. Then throw the Crazed Computer into the Magma with Seismic Toss... Porygon will then Covert to a Ghost, so I then want you to blast him with Shadow Ball.

Subs: If by some saving grace Porygon IS sent into the Magma, use a Poison Gas to blow up the area around him, and hurt the Cybernetic Menace further.

Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Shadow Ball/Poison Gas

Gengar's Shadow
14th June 2003, 08:39 PM
Everyone, this is bballfan1/gengar's dance. it didnt let me sign on that account. i will still battle this, if it is ok with mods.

Syberia
14th June 2003, 11:33 PM
ROUND 2 – BBallfan1 vs. Deck Knight

The combatants:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 100%, currently a Dark-type, fatigue (8%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 75%, substitute (17%), fatigue (7%)

Commands:
BBallfan1: Icy Wind x2, Blizzard
Deck Knight: Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Shadow Ball

FIGHT!

Hephaestus' eyes glow an icy blue, and the otherwise lavafied (yay, a Bushism, go me :o) air grows suddenly chilled. Thin ice crystals begin to form, but turn to water almost as soon as they do. A thin fog begins to condense out, conducting the thin wisis of electricity that issue from Slumber's hand... he directs the current towards the waiting Hephaestus and watches as it crackles through first the conductive air, and then his mechanical frame itself. He winces, begins to beep erratically, and momentarily loses his balance, toppling to one side before recovering, many of his motor control circuits fried.

Slumber locks his hands around his shadowy foe in a sort of death grip, before its eyes glow strangely gray. In a moment his shadowy skin becomes translucent, and Slumber's hands slip directly through it. Stepping back, he readies a small orb of swirling darkness between his hands just as his body double falls victim to a stream of water and sleet... unpleasant, but more of an annoyance than anything. Everything around Hephaestus suddenly explodes into darkness, and he feels an excrutiating pain within his very soul.

Post-round stats:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 81%, paralyzed, currently a Ghost-type, fatigue (17%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 71%, substitute (10%), fatigue (15%)

Deck Knight
15th June 2003, 04:03 AM
Alright Slumber, we attack again with Shadow Ball, X3.

Substitutions: If Drowzee converts to a type resistant/immune to ghost(and I happen to know a fun little fact about all 3), use a Dynamic Punch attack to knock it in the lava, and then use a Toxic(if you have a move available) to explode the area around it. Finally, if the cybernetic fiend is still around, use Disable... Disable its moments while its charred in lava to increase damage moreso(also if you have a move left, with precidence over Toxic),

Shadow Ball/Dynamic Punch, Shadow Ball/Toxic/Dynamic Punch, Shadow Ball/Disable/Dynamic Punch.

Paraphrase:
Porygon Stays Ghost type: Shadow Ball

Poygon Converts to resistant/immune to Ghost: Dynamic Punch into the lava at earliest moment. Then follow with Toxic and Disable with 2 moves left, or just Disable if you have 1 move left. and just the DPunch if it converts as its last move.

Gengar's Shadow
15th June 2003, 06:31 PM
ok hephæstus, we can win! First, when drowzee uses Shadow Ball, I want you to Convert Dark. Thatll stop the Shadow Ball. Now, he is gonna use Dynamic Punch. Quickly Teleport behind him. Now, use your hardest Zap Cannon!

Syberia
17th June 2003, 04:50 PM
ROUND 3 – BBallfan1 vs. Deck Knight

The combatants:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 81%, paralyzed, currently a Ghost-type, fatigue (17%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 71%, substitute (10%), fatigue (15%)

Commands:
BBallfan1: Conversion (Dark), Teleport, Zap Cannon
Deck Knight: Dynamic Punch/Shadow Ball/Toxic/Disable or whatever

FIGHT!

Slumber's hands once again swirl with shadows as Hephaestus suddenly changes forms for a third time, maintaining the same silhouetted figure but suddenly becoming more... real. An etherial darkness once more sears his soul, but he endures... the pain is not nearly as great this time.

Slumber, too, can sense the change, and knows just how to exploit it. But just as he brings his crackling fist down, his foe vanishes. Slumber has instead only air to strike at, and it is only by some miracle of balance that he manages to avoid falling flat on his face. Unnoticed, he tries the same once more. His fist this time connects with Hephaestus' vulnerable midsection just as he watches his body double be blasted apart by a surge of electricity. Hephaestus sways momentarily in place, gasping for breath as he struggles to sort out the doubled view he now sees.

Post-round stats:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 60%, paralyzed, confused, currently a Dark-type, fatigue (28%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 71%, quite happy, fatigue (27%)

Gengar's Shadow
18th June 2003, 07:37 PM
first, use a Thunderbolt! now, use a Subsitute, 15%, and finish the round with another Thunderbolt

Deck Knight
18th June 2003, 07:50 PM
Alright Slumber, start with a Toxic attack to corrupt Porygon's files. Then, use a Seismic Toss to throw its form into the magma, that should destroy its substitute, or at least give it the burn. then use a Dynamic Punch to break Porygon into tiny bits of data.

Toxic ~ Seismic Toss ~ DPunch.

Syberia
19th June 2003, 08:14 PM
ROUND 4 – BBallfan1 vs. Deck Knight

The combatants:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 60%, paralyzed, confused, currently a Dark-type, fatigue (28%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 71%, quite happy, fatigue (27%)

Commands:
BBallfan1: Thunderbolt, Substitute, Thunderbolt
Deck Knight: Toxic, Seismic Toss, Dynamicpunch

FIGHT!

Hephaestus in his current state barely manages to arc a stream of sizzling current through the air towards his opponent before his own condition is worsened still by the blob of... something resembling a certain ASB mod... now sinking into his skin. Slumber twitches under the polarized currents flowing through him, but knows that his own attack shall be much more deadly...

Slumber lunges suddenly, just as Hephaestus managed to create a single holographic image. To slumber this copy has mass and shape resembling his real foe... what 'Substitute?' He will follow out his trainer's commands nonetheless, and soon realizes just what he is talking about as this false copy becomes nothing but smoke and ash upon a fiery lake of molten rock; the real Hephaestus hovering contentedly several yards away.

Another swift electric current engulfs him just as the realization dawns on him; his muscles momentarily lapse into relaxation just long enough for his fist to swipe at nothing... Hephaestus is saved, for now.

Post-round stats:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 45%, paralyzed, intoxicated (2% next round), currently a Dark-type, fatigue (39%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 52%, fatigue (36%)

Deck Knight
20th June 2003, 06:54 AM
Alright Slumber, you're doing a great job, keep it up! With Porygon now littered with bad effects, its time to go in for the kill while he's weakened. Use a Substitute(15%) And then Meditate, finally using Submission. If Porygon happens to convert to a Ghost type, Shadow Ball instead, Flying, use a Thunder Punch.

Substitute(15%), Meditate, Submission/Shadow Ball/Thunder Punch.

Gengar's Shadow
24th June 2003, 10:45 PM
Ok, this is up to the ref really, but this is what u do:

First, when he uses Subsitute, use a Convert Ghost. When he uses Meditate, use Icy Wind too mess him up. When he uses Shadow Ball, Convert Dark. Easy.

SUBS- Syb, if ya make it go if i convert steel then toxic goes away, instead of Icy Wind, put Convert Steel.

Syberia
26th June 2003, 11:47 PM
ROUND 5 – BBallfan1 vs. Deck Knight

The combatants:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 45%, paralyzed, intoxicated (2% next round), currently a Dark-type, fatigue (39%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 52%, fatigue (36%)

Commands:
BBallfan1: Conversion (Ghost), Icy Wind, Conversion (Dark)
Deck Knight: Substitute, Meditate, Submission/Shadow Ball/Thunder Punch

FIGHT!

Hephaestus continues his little type-switching game, once more adding a layer of shadows to his already shady form... Slumber simply stares, as nothing about him seems changed. Little does his computerized foe know, what he now sees in front of him is not real. Sure it has mass and form, but the real Slumber is once again beyond him.

Not beyond the range of his chilling frost by far, though. In the intense heat, however, all that ever strikes him is a blast of warm air, laced with drops of water... he hardly feels this, as his eyes are glazed over and his mind seems to be off somewhere else at the moment.

He readys another ball of shadows, as Hephaestus quickly alters his etherial form once more. His own wreath of shadows fades away as his body again becomes solid, unflinching as an explosion of darkness surrounds him. As the swirling ghosts fade within his body, he almost chuckles... glad to be rid of the biting pain and to have the upper hand type-wise.

Post-round stats:
Hephaestus (Porygon): 37%, paralyzed, intoxicated (3% next round), currently a Dark-type, fatigue (46%)
Slumber (Drowzee M): 35%, substitute (12%), pumped up, fatigue (44%)

Gengar's Shadow
1st July 2003, 07:44 PM
I have DQ'ed myself, I need an open slot. Ref can give DK his prize.

Deck Knight
1st July 2003, 09:00 PM
Alright, I choose to evolve my dear friend Slumber.

Drow.... *glows white*...

No....

Hypno.

:D

Boo Ya.