PDA

View Full Version : Poll-What's the most expensive thing you own?

Master Rudy
9th June 2003, 02:23 PM
I figured it was time for an original poll around here ^_~
As the topic says what's the most expensive thing that you own? Also how did you get it?

A few months back it was a tie between my PS2 and my GCN. Both were Christmas gifts in 2002 and 2001. Now my most expensive thing is a $350 dollar watch. It was given to me as a gift for graduation.

Angel Blossom
9th June 2003, 05:17 PM
Well, a dress that I bought this year cost around $500. That is pretty expensive for a dress, you know. I got that dress because my mom said she would buy me a nice one, and the nice one's were that expensive, lol. But my TV and DVD system are more expensive.. well, I forgot how much it's worth exactly, but I know it's more expensive than the dress. How did I get that? Well, my dad just bought it for me one day, lol.

*tackles her uncle* The most expensive thing that he owns is his Lamborghini Diablo. --"

.. *hopes she didn't break his back* :x

Yukitsukai
9th June 2003, 07:48 PM
Mine is my $450 computer. Wee. I'm pitiful. *cries* Oh well, it's my b-day, can't cry x.x

Katie
9th June 2003, 08:01 PM
hmmm, as in 'you own for yourself, not technically owned by your parents'? hmm... well, I guess I'd have to say my PS2 o0
which is funny... since I bought it with my own money from my own pocket from my own babysitting jobs... why can they take the privelage of using it away from me? =o

~Katie

Dark Dragonite
9th June 2003, 08:05 PM
Well, I have a nice $500 computer, atleast I estimate it around there now, maybe it's a little more, it is nice, then I have a car, that was valued at $1,340, mabe a little less now, but hey, it's something, and I bought it myself, no parental help, or charity.

EDIT: I forgot, I also have $280 in 3 tattoos, 2 were $80, 1 was $120

Kireihana52
9th June 2003, 08:09 PM
The most expensive thing I've ever gotten was my $500 clarinet. My dad just bought it for me right then and there. Which is a pretty weird thing, because he's extremely obsessed with saving money. O_o Anyway, other expensive stuff I've gotten with my own money or with holiday money includes my flute that was $350, my electric guitar that was $97 (which is actually a lot less than most, the ones at local music shops are around $300.. and it was NEW! :) Hooray for ebay! =P), and my amp that was $70..

I think my tv was around $60 or so... it's a small one with a combination VCR, as I'm too screwed up in the head to figure out how to work a seperate plug-in VCR. My very lovely stereo system was $250, and I personally think it sounds a lot better than my dad's $500 Bose thingy. =x I don't own any game systems completely other than my $75 Gameboy Advance, me and my brother usually split the money.

Basically everything I've ever gotten that was halfway expensive was electronic or musical in some way or another. I buy really cheap jewelry and really cheap clothing because I've found that expensive stuff seems really boring in comparison. I am an ebay fiend, and I shop at discount clothing stores, so I save a lot of money that way and end up getting a lot more stuff at the same time. Go, me. =P

~Kireihana52

pimuni
9th June 2003, 08:31 PM
I would have to say that my most expensive thing is my $300,000 Jaguar. :D

Yeah right, lol. As if that was true. Probably my personal, most expensive thing is my computer. I dont remember how much it cost though. I only knew it was expensive. Then I have my Gamecube of course, which I bought when it cost $200. Now it costs $120! Wow, that's a big change. :P

Sir Chris
9th June 2003, 11:08 PM
Well, my computer cost 1200 dollars, paid for it myself...

My one sword set cost me 1100...is there anything else I own..

*thinks*

nope, computer wins I guess...though I feel I am missign something :X

~ Chris

nightcrow
10th June 2003, 08:54 AM
I'd probably say my stereo system, it was like $350 when we bought it :yes: Oh, and my computer probably would have been expensive if it had been bought, but my dad built it :)

I can't wait to get my guitar, that should be about $200.. which will probably be the most expensive thing I've ever bought, besides my clarinet (which I sold) that cost me $250.

Lady Vulpix
10th June 2003, 09:48 AM
My life. No one could ever buy it. :D As for how I got it, that's one of the deepest philosophical questions ever.

As for things that money can buy, I really don't know which one cost me more. Probably my computer. Computers are VERY expensive here in Argentina.

midnightangel
10th June 2003, 11:16 AM
The most expensive thing I own right now is my computer. I bought it myself about three years ago on special at Circut City (Cost $1000 before rebates)

My next most expensive item would be the AM/FM radio that has a 3-CD player and a dual cassette player (that I never use ;) )--that cost me about $300

Now I'm looking to get a TV/VCR or TV/DVD and hook it up in my bedroom :P