XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 08:13 PM
Movesets! :D

characteristic: shedding

Sludge Bomb
Earthquake
Rest
Flamethrower

Not particuarly clever or anything, but shedding sheds away status effects, so perhaps habunake can rest freely and wake up right away? Can someone test this? It wouls be great, but sadly not many guys get this characteristic.

Or to cover weaknesses. Good thing thing thing has a nice special attack score.

Crunch- for psy
Sludge Bomb
Rest
Flamethrower- for steel

:wave:

Spagghettor
17th December 2002, 08:22 PM
And also, unlike most poisons, Habunake actually has decent Special Attack so it can actually USE Crunch and other special moves.

What about Toxic Fang, though? Yeah, it's a lot weaker than Sludge Bomb.. but it's got about the same chance of poisoning and instead of normal poison, it's Toxic-type poison.

I don't know about Rest and Shedding. I hope it does work that way, though. Too bad Habunake is the only one worth using who learns it (I think the only others are Dratini, Dragonair, Metapod, Kakuna, Sanakirasu, Karasarisu, and Mayorudo.. maybe Ekans/Arbok, I can't remember...)

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 08:43 PM
Toxic fang would work better on a poke wirth better defenses and maybe a way to trap. Thanks spaghetti guy, I'll read up on it more. And arbok gets shedding, but sadly it can't learn fire moves.

Brain
17th December 2002, 08:43 PM
Rest + Shedding = utter failure (you can rest, but you still stay asleep for 2 turns - it's better than insomnia, that plainly forbids you to use the move, but with Habunake's lame staying power... just forget it)

Habunake should be poison/dark, for christ's sake. They did a lot of new combinations with dark, but they left out the most logical one, poison/dark. Damn them, damn them all to hell.

Nodoka
17th December 2002, 08:52 PM
::slaps forhead:: Its name is Habuneeku. There is no debate. I'm sorry that most webmasters like posting up fake names. Such as Knuckler and Pochena... such names to not exist. I have problems with Meowth posting such fake names, it frustrates me. Serebii also made up his own language as well. ::sigh::

Now that we have that out of the way, I thought this Pokemon would be pure Dark. Or at least Dark/Poison. That would be cool. ::sigh:: At least it has shedding to make up for it.

I recommend dropping rest for possibly Attract or Body Slam.

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Nodoka
::slaps forhead:: Its name is Habuneeku. There is no debate. I'm sorry that most webmasters like posting up fake names. Such as Knuckler and Pochena... such names to not exist. I have problems with Meowth posting such fake names, it frustrates me. Serebii also made up his own language as well. ::sigh::

Now that we have that out of the way, I thought this Pokemon would be pure Dark. Or at least Dark/Poison. That would be cool. ::sigh:: At least it has shedding to make up for it.

I recommend dropping rest for possibly Attract or Body Slam.

Hey, chill out. X_X I like habunake because it is not as long and sounds better so I will use it. Sorry if it annoys you. Thanks for the sugestions. :wave:

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 09:32 PM
Oh, Brain, so shedding wil not take away the sleep? Dangit. Just how does shedding work then? :/

Nodoka
17th December 2002, 09:40 PM
>I like habunake because it is not as long and sounds better so I will use it. Sorry if it annoys you. Thanks for the sugestions.

But that is not its name. Im sorry Meowth cannot apparently translate names, but people may as well go around all Pokemon gibberish names. It will be hard to talk to people if everyone uses different names for people. He even lists the correct Japanese characters under it, yet he still has it translated incorrectly. An important site like PokeFor having incorrect information is hightly laughable. If he has something so simple incorrect, who knows what else may be incorrect.

>Dangit. Just how does shedding work then? :/

Shedding is not at fault. It is just that Rest always lasts 2 turns.

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 09:49 PM
Thanks dude, but it really isn't that important. Have a root beer and hang out. And how does shedding work? Does it work immediately after status is inflicted?

Scythemantis
17th December 2002, 11:21 PM
I agree that there needed to be a poison/dark...they're two of my favorite types (poison is my #1). Not pure dark for the snake though, when he has giant venomous fangs :P

I like the toxic fang move...finally something else that causes "bad" poisoning. Too bad he can't trap...can he? No mean look?

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 11:24 PM
Nope. :( But toxic fang seems like something cool can be done with it. *Goes back to his maniacal lab of pokemon things!*

GotMiltank
18th December 2002, 03:18 AM
During my tests with Habunake/Habuneeku/Whatever it's called... I found that sometimes it did wake up early. For example, just now my Habunake was at 79HP left, and I used rest. Rozeria used Petal Dance, and I was awaken that turn. I tried this again. I used rest (I was at higher HP this time), and Rozeria used Petal Dance. Still Asleep. I used Crunch but was asleep so I essentially used nothing. Rozeria again uses petal dance. This time, my Habunake wakes up. One more time. This time, it takes the full 2 turns, and wakes up on the 3rd. Strange... I'll get my rest PP back and try again. This time, I fight the samurai guy, and I crunch him, he uses some attack. I rest, and he attacks. I am awakened. Hmmm... I rest again, he wwinds to make it difficult. I find Zubat. He wakes me up after my second turn of resting, before my 3rd turn, indicating a shed. Finally, I rest again, he attacks, the SLP is gone that very same turn. In conclusion: shed works with rest, and habunake is one nifty pokemon. :yes:

BTW XF, shedding is a trait that eliminates the status effect on the bearer of that trait after a few turns, sometimes that very turn, sometimes 3 turns. So basically, there is a chance that shedding will get rid of rest, and sometimes the trait will last 3 turns and have no effect on the rest. It may last up to four turns with rest however, as sometimes the habunake would not wake up until it should have with rest (as if it didn't have the shedding trait, after the full two turns of resting, and waking up on the 3rd). However, it has never taken more that 2 turns in my use of habunake to get rid of a status effect, even FRZ.

Habunake4life. ;)

SageofDarkness
18th December 2002, 03:24 AM
What about that Trait that 'Synchronize' that lets the opponent get the same status as you, could THAT be used with rest to put the opponent asleep while you heal yourself, now THAT would be a great strategy although I am almost 100% sure that the programmers would be that DUMB! soz for putting this at the end of your post XF it's just that I have started too many new topics receintly and don't want to SPAM up that forum :)

XF Legendz
18th December 2002, 11:21 AM
Huzzah! Good news! Habunake rools! Thx GM!

Chris 2.1
18th December 2002, 02:11 PM
i like Habuneeku...he's cool. Hopefulyl i will get Sapphire so i can catch him....

I like the idea of his characteristic; i know it'll be handy for battles...and it is also great he can learn flamethrower by TM!

Brain
18th December 2002, 02:57 PM
I take back what I said. I tested more thoroughly with my shedding Hariteyama (why lose time catching pokemon when you can play with battle variables?), and shedding can indeed wake you up the turn you use rest. Or one turn later. Or two.

I also tested the characteristic against a thunder waving guraena, and shedding was healing me after a quite random number of turns. I didn't compile enough data to be sure, but I'd say shedding has one chance out of two to heal status effects at a given turn, or one chance out of three.

Azura Stardust
19th December 2002, 04:25 AM
Sorry if I'm going offtopic, but what about pokemon with Early Rising? Does that mean they might wake up early from Rest?

Uhm, and Habuneeku... Habuneeku... uh, well, I guess its characteristic is pretty random yeah. Almost all characteristics are. :\ Even that chlorophyll or whatever-its-name one where you hit the guy and he gives you back a random status effect. Works only like 30% of the time or maybe even less. :(

Brain
19th December 2002, 09:35 AM
Chlorophyl raises the pokemon's speed under sunny day (a factor of about 2.3, according to my experiences o_O). You're probably talking about emission... but there's also static electricity/body of fire/poison spikes that do about the same thing, but for specific status effects.

Early rising makes you sleep one turn when you rest, so you wake up one turn earlier.

The characteristics insomnia and hyperactive (yaruki) prevent sleep, but they make rest fail. Meh.

On an unrelated note, my experiences show that angel blessing doubles the likeliness of side effects (headbutt would then have a 60% flinch rate, and ancientpower a 20% boost chance... say hello to glaring Dunsparce!)

Wanderer
19th December 2002, 12:33 PM
Yeah...still not sure how effective glaring would be, with all the healing and sychronize stuff around.