PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Telekinesis

MadFearow
11th June 2003, 12:17 AM
The question is simple:

Do you believe in Telekinesis?

I believe that telekinesis is possible. I don't know why, perhaps I want to believe that everything is possible.

Pichu
11th June 2003, 12:24 AM
No, I don't believe in telekinensis, and I don't believe we can fly either.

Sakura12
11th June 2003, 12:49 AM
I don't believe in Telekinesis either. Don't ask why, I just don't think it can happen. Magic too, much as I like Harry potter...

DarkTemplarZ
11th June 2003, 07:51 PM
sure, if humans only use about 10% of our brains, maybe some people could use 20 or 30% or more, who knows what powers that could give them?

woz
11th June 2003, 09:19 PM
no, and i think the idea of it is pretty ridiculous.

MadFearow
11th June 2003, 10:25 PM
But what if humans continue to evolve, thus giving them these special powers? What if we invent some sort of device that can respond to our brain waves? As I said before anything could be possible.

Pichu
11th June 2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by MadFearow
But what if humans continue to evolve, thus giving them these special powers? What if we invent some sort of device that can respond to our brain waves? As I said before anything could be possible.

Right...
and invent some sort of device that can put on to our hands and we can fly?

Also...inventing such a device isn't "economic" if I used to right word. People, nowadays, are depending on machine. One day, we won't even have to walk, machines just carry us away and sports will no longer exist.

Evolution... yes, its possible. Fastest way is to bring two humans on a faraway planet with no direct contact with the larger population, ie. Earth. Then, the genetic variation/drift will be very large.

MadFearow
11th June 2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Cyndaquil

Right...
and invent some sort of device that can put on to our hands and we can fly?

Also...inventing such a device isn't "economic" if I used to right word. People, nowadays, are depending on machine. One day, we won't even have to walk, machines just carry us away and sports will no longer exist.

Evolution... yes, its possible. Fastest way is to bring two humans on a faraway planet with no direct contact with the larger population, ie. Earth. Then, the genetic variation/drift will be very large.

If machines will eventually do all of human work, as you have said, they why would a telekinetic machine be "uneconomic?" The telekinetic machine will be another way of making the lives of humans easier.

We don't necessarily have to isolate a few humans on a distant planet to cause generic drift, we can breed selected humans so that the genes for telekinesis will be eventually seen in later generations.

Pichu
11th June 2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by MadFearow
If machines will eventually do all of human work, as you have said, they why would a telekinetic machine be "uneconomic?" The telekinetic machine will be another way of making the lives of humans easier.

erm... Examples:
buy this machine:
-and it'll lift up ur groceries without spending a joule of energy.
-and you don't have to write anymore... you can write with your mind.
-and you don't have to paint anymore... you can paint PERFECT pictures with your mind.
-you can just sleep in bed all day, and you can dream that you wash the dishes, write an exam, do homework.
-you don't even need a fork to eat dinner, it just flies in your mouth.
-you don't even have to walk anymore... you can just use your mind and free float yourself to school.

get my point? everyone can be a famous painter, drawer.

ISN'T THAT UNECONOMICAL?!?!

edit: add more, if you still don't get my point

Fett One
12th June 2003, 08:47 AM
I think telekenisis could be possible in the future. At the moment humans only use about 10% of our brains. If we ever evolve to the point where we could use more of it, there is no telling what could happen.

Lady Vulpix
12th June 2003, 09:28 AM
I've heard that there are people who possess that ability, and I do believe so. It would be cool if I had it too. :rolleyes:

Silver_Umbreon
12th June 2003, 10:11 AM
I've always believed in Telepathy, Telekinesis, etc. I believe that it is possible for someone to possess that sort of power. I believe that all humans could acheive that ability, if we used more of our minds. I have always kinda of been researching the ability to be able to use more than just 10% of the human mind. All results have ended in failure, but, I still attempt to do so, nonetheless. I have always wanted to have Psychic Powers. Many of the people at my schools beleive that it is hereditary, and you can only have it if you are born with it. I, on the otherhand, think otherwise.

homeofmew
12th June 2003, 10:15 AM
it is possible~ :o take some evil satanic oerson and believe me thay can do it ;o

Silver Ledian
12th June 2003, 11:20 AM
Well, I'm not actually sure.

I also seem to believe that everything is possible but at this moment in time I don't think that humans have evolved enough to be able to do anything like that (Telekinesis I mean). IMO if in the future humans would be able to use it, I think it would be like millions of years in the future and the population is most likely to be wiped out by then.

I guess I just don't believe in it at this moment in time as I haven't witnessed people using it...and if I did, it would be magic to me, like some magician's trick, hehe. :)