17th December 2002, 10:34 PM
http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs122.png

Healing Nature
- Spatk, +spdf

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Sky Attack
- Ice Beam

I won't explain too much or people might get mad. I just wanted to test this out. Since dragon dance raises speed and attack, it seemed that it may be good to have sky_attack because it can pull it off quickly and hit things on the switch. Quake and ice beam for weakness coverage.

I also have another set that I want to try.

- Rest
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Mainly it revolves around rest. With healing nature it should wake up as soon as you switch...right? Like a heal belling without actually using any attacks. Pretty nifty.

==============================================

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs123.png

Immunity
- Atk, +Speed

- Swords Dance
- Return
- Combo
- Shadow Ball

Yay, I like this one. It is patriotic. Swords dance + STABed return = I drink milk. Combo for steel and rocks. Shadow ball for ghosties. With heightened speed, it can get the fist move on many pokes.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs141.png

Mysterious Scale
-Atk, +defense

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

I know. Boooring. Maybe I will replace with a golduck that knows enlighten, surf, cross chop, ice beam. ?

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs115.png

Hmm. Sharp eye or solid?
- SpAttack, +SpDF

- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck
- Protect/Rest?

:yes: Hrm, it learns kinzokuon too. That could annoy and set up for pokes you would switch to. Skarmy is a mean bird.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs083.png

Solid or Magnetism?
+ SpDF, -Attack

- Kinzokuon
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Protect

Fun! Kinzokuon greatly lowers the opponent's special defense, so you can set up your pokemon if you happen to hit things off the switch. I'm wondering about magnetism, as it would be gratifying to trap a skarmory and abuse it. Tri attack worx getting groud types off the switch. Hopefully, tri will do something bad to them and I can run away laughing.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs132.png

Floating
+ Attack, -SpDef

- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin/Cosmos Power
- Explosion
- Psychic

One of my new faves. ^_^ It was a hard decision to sacrifice special defense, but it had to be done. If I find I need the defense, I always have cosmos to fall back on. For now, I'll use rapid spin to counteract spikers.

How's this one? :wave:

Red Angel
18th December 2002, 12:01 AM
Neat... I especially like the red/white thingy... I'd go with sharp eye on the Skarmory, and Magnetism on the Mangneton... I don't think OHKO's are gonna be a big threat... and I really like your Golduck idea... neato...

<takes a look at the Hoot-hoot lookalike with Explosion>
OMG... this thing is SOOOOOOOOO cool...

BTW, XFL, maybe you should explain what new moves and characteristics do...not everyone knows, y'know?

Azura Stardust
18th December 2002, 01:51 AM
Hm, I don't have much to say, but...

Chirutarisu doesn't have the best of stats >_< Attack and special attack are rather averagish... but if you want to use it fine... I was thinking rather have a + spatk -spdef personality, due to Chirutarisu's high SD.... it's high enough (105 base) so you could sacrifice a bit of that and concentrate, perhaps, on getting your special attack up... specially with those special-based moves like fire blast and ice beam. Now the DragonDance SkyAttack thing's a good idea, should work well... gets nice stab too... Rest is ok I guess, it's got ok defences (90 base def and 105 base sd) 354 HP... yeah, as soon as you switch the sleep goes off. However who are you going to switch to? >_< Depends eh...

Zanguusu's nice. Swords Dance makes it nice to attack things with and Return... heh, classic I guess... cool, it gets Counter... can this guy withstand them fighting types, though? 240 max def... guess with the speed he can edge em out... which move is Combo? Can't find it on the meowthodex... is it kawarareri? (75 pwr 100% acc fighting mvoe)

Mirokarasu is nice ^_^ as in, it looks nice... 0_o; Nice HP, 95 base... nice, it gets safeguard, but that makes its rather not-so-impressive characteristic useless (for people who don't know, if I'm not wrong it raises defence if it gets a status condition).

There's a combo which MIGHT work, perhaps Rain Dance and Mud Play [breeding]? 99.6% thunder accuracy is a little scary, but you can allay the fear with Mud Play and get Thunder down from 120 power to 60...

Water Surge is an idea, you could confuse the opponent, but to heck with that, there's always Confuse Ray ;) It's special attack is nice... so hey, ice beam and surf, boring but what d'ya do.

Golduck on the other hand has some nice characteristics! You can choose between Moisture and the awesome no weather one...
So what I was thinking is if it has Moisture, the other guy can't screech you or what not... so what they'd do to boost up their attacks is to use things like Swords Dance! and then, Psych Up comes into play.... as for the rest, I guess you can dump in whatever. If yuo want Enlighten, though, maybe a - SpAtt + Def or -Spatt + Att personality would be nice. Specially with Cross Chop there. Oh yeah, and it gets refresh by breeding... Isn't refresh that great move which removes all status conditions from you? :confused: Latias and Latios learn it...

Skarmory - I think you might as well not put kinzukuon on this. DOn't ask why, just got a feeling not to. And Sharp Eye would be better, I guess, because you don't have to be too worried about OHKOs... well except Absolute Zeroing [i]thingies. And Horn Drill. And whatever. Naaah, you're even immune to fissure... think Sharp Eye might be better.... But why Skarmory? :( its not a fresh chicken :|

Magneton - your choice about the characteristic... I think Tri Attack doesn't always work against ground types in on the switch, 'specially since so many things can get Earthquake, and even among things that naturally learn it... I mean, you don't want to Tri Attack in on a Bosugodora, now, do you? :X Could it actually survive, I'm not too sure... perhaps running away from grounds might be a better idea? Not sure. Whoa, freaky, shiny Magneton is black and white. :o cool! oh, and for Maggy, Screech is an idea; sure it sucks against things with Moisture (but actually, the only pokes with moisture are all water type and tbolt eats them all, xcept Quagsire) but hey... might help with something? It affects both the opponents in 2vs2! And Bakuong is no problem even if it's immune to sound attacks, because it's not too hard to faint I suppose. But anyway, perhaps a different electric is better. :(

Nendooru - You know why I like this guy? It won contests just like *that* :D Explosion is interesting. Average attack/spatt stats, though. :\ I support that personality. It's spdef can be sacrificed a bit (its high enough) to give Explosion a bigger bang (and earthquake a bigger shake) Cosmos Power raises Def and Spdef, doesn't it? That'd be nice. Its got good defences though, so... maybe Rapid Spin. Bit of a waste of a move though, just for spikers only... maybe it helps against Ne-o-haru... (does it work that way?) I think go with Cosmos Power first... doesn't hurt for extra protection against evil spouting things that come out from the deep dark seas. O_o;

I say you might wanna drop Magnemite for something else. Something is lacking but I don't know what >:\ it feels... lopsided. ? Maybe because there aren't enough green pokemon. :nod: j/k

XF Legendz
18th December 2002, 11:46 AM
I may have to take you up on the nendooru suggestion yet.

Chirutarisu- I care not about stats. Good suggestion on the second set with the personality thing.

Zaguusu- Yep, combo is kawarareri. I wouldn't reccommend letting this guy tangle with fighters unless you have to or unless you know they're gonna die.

Mirakarosu- The mud play idea isn't bad. But what's the point when I have mirror coat? What does the move do BTW? Golduck with refresh could be useful. I'll have to work out how to incorporate it.

Skarmory- If I'm playing in a OHKO-banned situation, I will choose sharp eye. If not, solid. I'm trying to see if kinzokuon could have a point. XF thinks it could be annyoing in some situations, but I'm not going to try to "predict" anything. Maybe I'll give skarmory curse or anti-repeat or something...

Magneton: I'm not leaving poor magnet in against a bosugodora. I tri attack as it comes in and hope that something happens to it. Screech on magneton is like kinzokuon on skarmory. There probablyu are situations that would call for it, but they'd be rare.

Nendooru: Heck no, lol. Unless I already pulled off a few, there's no way cosmo power could save this guy from spout. o.O; I will definitely use it if spikes are used very often, but at first I'll go with rapid spin.

I'll try to get some green pokemon on my next team.

Red Angel

Healing Nature- Heals yuor pokemon once you switch.
Dragon Dance- Raises attack and speed one level.
Immunity- Cannot be poisoned.
Mysteious Scale- Defenses rise when the pokemon has a status effect.
Kinzkuon -Lowers opponent's special defense two levels.

Kari and Mewtwo
18th December 2002, 02:38 PM
quick question: how the hell can skarmory get both whirlwind and drill peck? whirlwind isnt a tm anymore and the only pokemon i can think of that learns whirlwind is pidgeot, which doesnt exist in the current r/s metagame, and doduo/rio cant learn whirlwind thru breeding, ive tried.

Madelyn151
18th December 2002, 03:37 PM
heh. your team, is, like, my planned team (chirutarisu, zanguusu, mirokarosu). anyway, rate4g3.

chiru : yeah, maybe something over sky attack.

zang : wizzord (for some reason, i have begun talking like that. ^_^).

miro : si.

skar : ummm i don't know what to give him anymore. spikes and drill peck, definitely... but i'm not sure he can get whirlwind anymore and he can't get curse. maybe sand-attack. sandstorm? is that still a tm? you DO have a team that's half steel/ground...

ton : magnetism = skarmory abuse. skarmory = extremely popular b/c of spikes now. in other words, magnetism=good. set's all evil and stuff. protect is a nice scouter for earthquakes, because a lot of stuff can learn earthquake, and...yeah...

nen : yup. freaky pokemon, but cool.

Kari and Mewtwo
18th December 2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Madelyn151

skar : but i'm not sure he can get whirlwind anymore and he can't get curse.

according to meowth346's page, curse is one of skarmory's new egg moves. if he can learn buildup, then curse isnt needed. but i dont think skarm can get buildup.

Scythemantis
18th December 2002, 03:50 PM
Explain this +/- stat thing?

Azura Stardust
19th December 2002, 05:05 AM
He's determining hte personality. Personality means that depending on what it is, it can raise one stat high and another stat low. (That's what I know, anyway.) So he's choosing what personality each pokemon gets. So for -Spatk +Spdef, he finds a pokemon with a personality that does just that. Personally I find it pretty difficult in-game to get exactly the right personality you want...

Wanderer
19th December 2002, 12:31 PM
Actually it WOULDN'T be hard at all unless you're afraid of a little work.

Scythemantis
19th December 2002, 12:52 PM
Aah I see. That's a nice feature. -Attack/Special attack on a pokemon with no moves using them would be great...free boost to whatever other stat with no real penalty.

Wanderer
19th December 2002, 06:04 PM
I like your new magneton alot. *Steals*