PDA

View Full Version : Oh syyyyybbbbbbb! Come heeerrreee...(REF NEEDED)

Gengar's Dance
11th June 2003, 10:53 PM
Ok, we decided this match via AIM. Lets go!

2v2
DQ: 1 week
Ref: umm...
I send out first, you attack first
Arena: On the plates of the earth. This is basically the mantle. There is magma spewing around, but rocks floating on the magma. Pokemon can pick up rocks to throw, but it uses an action. An Earthquake could wreck havoc, depending on the ref. Water attacks arent good because of low density, Ice attacks arent good because of heat, and Steel the same as ice.

For my first pokemon, I choose Shaider, the Gastly!!

Gastly (M)
Nickname: Spectre
Signature Move: Internal Torment
Spectre is a VERY sly ghost. He knows how to really hurt people. I think he has been training. Either ways, this move can and is lethal

First, Spectre makes three clones of himself, sort of like Double Team, but not as many clones. Then, they surround the opponent, giving no way out. Then, they fly INTO the enemy. Yes, into the enemy. From here they start tormenting the opponent from the inside, making the opponent go stir crazy. These clones stay in the opponent’s body for 6 actions. For every damaging move the opponent uses he/she takes 2%. The other moves he makes take 1%. This move has a 15% chance of makes the opponent not able to make there attack. This attack can only be used once and takes 2 actions to be used.
Type Ghost | Acc 95% | Atk 0% | Effect see above

Meh, ur gonna w00p me, but lets do this...

Syberia
11th June 2003, 11:19 PM
I already beat your bro; let's see how I do against you, shall we? Elendil, go! (Male Eevee)

I think we'll start out nice and easy here. Begin things with a Substitute; that Gastly is certainly nothing to be taken lightly. Follow that up by using its cover to Focus your Energy, I want you to be ready for anything. Finally, just use a nice, juicy Shadow Ball.

Substitute~Focus Energy~Shadow Ball

Gengar's Dance
12th June 2003, 08:28 PM
Ok Shaider! lets do this!

Shaider[Such enthusiasum...]
Me[O.o]

Lets do this! First, make a Subsitute of ur own! Put about 10-15% in to it! Now, when he uses Focus Energy, use the time to Haze. Make it really misty. Now, use a Double Team to make sure he REALLY cant hit you with the Shadow Ball!

Syb, can we ban Rest and moves like that(i.e Recover)? Moves like Giga Drain can happen.

Ohhhhh reffy! Come heeeerrreeee!

SneaselReborned
12th June 2003, 08:42 PM
If Syberia agrees, I will ref this. Even though I am bballfan1's brother, I think Syberia knows that I will not be biased. Plus, I have a lotta time on my hands to ref this due to SUMMER VACATION! OH YA!!!

Gengar's Dance
13th June 2003, 01:35 PM
I dun have to post this here since I can talk right behind me, but yea go ahead

Syberia
13th June 2003, 05:08 PM
Hmm, Sneasel reffing a round in which we've both just used Substitute... this shall be iteresting indeed. I don't mind you reffing, btw.

SneaselReborned
13th June 2003, 08:54 PM
Yes, this shall be interesting. Unless the randomizer gives my bro some insane luck, he is going to be 0wned. Wait, nevermind...I shouldn't say that yet. Yet.

Round One
Bballfan1 vs Syberia

Shader (Gastly M): 100%, minty fresh (100%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 100%, minty fresh (100%)

Arena Status both combatants one large piece of floating rock, magma spewing around

BATTLE

Shader and Elendil face off in the ultimate death ring - the giant pit of floating lava. Elendil, the Eevee seems to be fine with the environment, and actually seems to like it. Nevermind, no. Elendil is just okay with it. Shader is also quite fine with the heat, and he floats above the giant rock on which the pokemon battle.

Shader grins, and opens his mouth, taking in a great breath of air. Elendil creeps backwards slowly, and opens his mouth as well. Suddenly, out of both combatants mouths, a huge flash of light erupts. Both Shader and Elendil are blinded, and they stagger backwards, only to find the enemy right in front of them.

Elendil looks from beside his deadly clone, and fixes his mind on Gastly. To him, there is no greater objective. Everything peripheral disappears, and all he can see is Gastly. The ground on which he stands glows red, and he continues to stare at Gastly. Shader grins again, and starts to cough. And then, he fades completely out of view, only to reappear in an instant. However, from the edges of the lava, a small mist begins to roll in. No, this is more that just a small mist. The entire arena fogs up, and the humidity rises to insanity levels. Elendil begins to sweat, but his mind is still focused on Shader. His chi is rising steadily, and he senses Shader's chi. Completely focuses now, Elendil smiles, and he begins to form a small ball of wispy ghosts in his mouth.

Shader laughs at Elendil, whose little ball of ghosts seems to be nothing. However, Elendil is not laughing at all. All his energy is completely ready, and he fires the small ball of ghoulish energy at Shader. The attack connects, and sends the laughing ghost reeling. Now frowning, Shader just looks at Elendil, smiling. The haze around him becomes even thicker, and now Elendil is just barely seen. However, behind Shader the clone, the real Gastly has just multiplied into 4 Gastlies. The real Shader snickers, and Elendil just waits. Beads of sweat run down his face, and more mistiness comes in. The humidity increases, now to insane levels. Shader, behind his clone, also sweats, but not as much. Elendil luckily is not exposed due to the haze (how lucky for you, Syb;D). The clone continues to confuse Shader. But, how does that matter? Right now, the haze pretty much stops all sight.

Shader (Gastly M): 86%, sweating, slightly tired, clone active [14%], not revealed, 3 false images hiding behind substitute (89%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 80%, sweating, slightly fatigued, clone active [100%], not revealed (91%)

Arena Status both combatants one large piece of floating rock, magma spewing around, haze covering arena, humidity greatly increased, intense heat

Gengar's Dance
13th June 2003, 09:15 PM
OK Shaider, lets do this! first, use a Haze to REALLY make it un see-able. now, use Rain Prayer! make it rain big time! Now, since we cant see, use a Thunder from above, striking everywhere!

Syberia
13th June 2003, 09:51 PM
Hah. His Rain Dance will undoubtedly destroy his Double Team images, so we shall bide our time, at least for now. Try to use a Sunny Day to burn off as much of the Haze as possible; that combined with the lava should do it. If you can see him, use another Shadow Ball, or if you can't, try and Detect his position. Either way, end by Reflecting his Thunder.

Sunny Day~Shadow Ball/Detect~Reflect

SneaselReborned
13th June 2003, 11:59 PM
You people seem to have forgotten that we are under the earth on magma. Therefore, Rain Prayer, Sunny Day, and Thunder all will fail miserably. Reflect will also be useless.

Round Two
Syberia vs Bballfan1

Shader (Gastly M): 86%, sweating, slightly tired, clone active [14%], not revealed, 3 false images hiding behind substitute (89%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 80%, sweating, slightly fatigued, clone active [100%], not revealed (91%)

Arena Status both combatants one large piece of floating rock, magma spewing around, haze covering arena, humidity greatly increased, intense heat

The lava continually burns out the haze, and it is getting more see-able every second.

BATTLE

Shader and Elendil face off once more in the arena, which is a large rock floating in a huge cavern of lava. Of course, it seems that the inventor of the arena has forgotten this, so we shall see what happens.

Elendil closes his eyes, and his body glows with a radiant light. The haze around him dissipates from the heavenly glow that he produces, but other than that, the move is useless. Shader, on the other hand, opens his mouth again, and he fades out of view. Coming back only a second later, Shader coats the arena with more haze to obscure vision.

The heat continues to burn out some of the haze, yet the humidity is still quite high.

Elendil is now sweating freely, and the same is said for Shader. Elendil cannot really make out the shape of Shader, but the lava still burns at the haze. Elendil decides to wait for a few more seconds before going with the energy-wasting technique of finding the enemy. Shader, now wanting to make the arena a pool, focuses, and his body glows with a radiant blue energy. Elendil sighs, and realizes that his wait was good. He has found the general area of Shader, but that means that maybe Shader has found him too. Shader frowns, finding that his tactic did not work at all. Elendil gathers another ball of ghosts in his mouth, and snickers. Launching the ball through the haze, the ghosts cut through the thick fog like a knife. The ball of ghosts nail Shader, who disappears into nothingness, revealing the real Shader and his two fake images.

The lava continues to dissipate the haze, and the humidity is still high. Elendil and Shader can semi-see each other. Elendil is not revealed, Shader is.

Shader concentrates, and closes his eyes. All his clones glow with a yellow energy. Suddenly Shader opens his eyes and tries to summon a bolt of thunder. However, it is in vain, as he is underground. Quite useless. Elendil finds no danger, and does not do anything to deflect the inexistant bolt of electricity.

Shader (Gastly M): 86%, sweating, slightly tired, clone inactive, revealed, 3 Shaders (83%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 80%, sweating, slightly fatigued, clone active [100%], not revealed (85%)

Arena Status both combatants one large piece of floating rock, magma spewing around, haze slightly over arena, humidity increased, intense heat

Syberia
14th June 2003, 04:51 PM
Let's even the odds a bit, shall we? First, though... toying with him's always fun. Charm him; how could he possibly hurt you when you look like that? Next, use a Double Team of your own, and finally use (guess what?) a Shadow Ball.

Charm~Double Team~Shadow Ball

Gengar's Shadow
14th June 2003, 08:37 PM
Everyone, this is bballfan1/gengar's dance. it didnt let me sign on that account. i will still battle this, if it is ok with mods.

Gengar's Shadow
14th June 2003, 11:12 PM
We can do this Shaider! First, Mean Look him. How in the world can he charm you when he is in fear? Now, i want you to QUICKLY use a Hypnosis. While he is asleep, use Nightmare! If he is not asleep, use a Shadow Ball of you own, and make them hit; we will see what happens with this.

Mean Look ~ Hypnosis ~ Nightmare/Shadowball

SneaselReborned
14th June 2003, 11:33 PM
Round Three
Syberia vs Gengar's Shadow

Shader (Gastly M): 86%, sweating, slightly tired, clone inactive, revealed, 3 Shaders (83%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 80%, sweating, slightly fatigued, clone active [100%], not revealed (85%)

Arena Status both combatants one large piece of floating rock, magma spewing around, haze slightly over arena, humidity increased, intense heat

BATTLE

Shader and Elendil face of once more in the blazing hot arena called the Rock of the Mantle. Well, yeah. Anyway, the point is that they are battling. The haze continues to be burnt off by the heat, but the humidity is still unbearable high. However, it is slowly going down due to the haze being dispersed and burned up.

Shader stares straight at Elendil, who begins to dance around happily. Elendil is revealed! Elendil smiles cutely at Shader, and Shader smiles a little, but then becomes stern. But who can be angry at such a cute little face? Still, Shader sees nothing in this, and suddenly his eyes glow red, and Elendil is frozen by Shader's deadly stare. Elendil frowns, and looks up at his captor.

Elendil struggles to be free of his magical binding, and finally is free. However, just as he finds himself lucky enough to escape, he comes face to face with three purple rings. Elendil starts to multiply as fast as he can, but it is pointless. Shader has already hit him. Elendil starts to become drowsy, and lays down for a bit. His clones, however, continue to stand, creating a easy way for Shader to tell which Elendil is true. Elendil starts to sleep lightly, and Shader chuckles.

The devilish Gastly creeps up to Elendil, who is dozing off happily, and comes right next to his head. Out of his gaseos ball of form, a small ray slowly finds its way towards Elendil. Shader laughs a little, and blows on Elendil's head. Shader then leaves as quietly as he came, and he sees Elendil tossing and turning - his mind being wrecked by the nightmare. Elendil's clone and his fake images just stay there, not doing anything.

Shader (Gastly M): 86%, tired, 3 Shaders (79%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 78%, sleeping, slightly fatigued, clone active [100%], revealed, 3 Elendils, Nightmare [5 actions unless interrupted] (84%)

Arena Status both combatants one large piece of floating rock, magma spewing around, haze disappeared, humidity going down

Hmmm...doesn't look like I did too many mistakes...meh

Gengar's Shadow
15th June 2003, 11:46 PM
I have just the moves for this...use the combo i made up: Chahn'dhegon! This move uses a combo of Dream Eater + Giga Drain, sucking massive health. After using Chahn'dhegon, make a subsitute, and put about 10-15% into it!

Chahn'degohn | Subsitute

Syberia
17th June 2003, 04:54 PM
Not much we can do, really... Sleep Talks until you wake up, then just try and Detect the real Shader (all these clones running around are annoying), and another Shadow Ball if you still have time.

Sleep Talk/Detect/Shadow Ball x3

SneaselReborned
17th June 2003, 05:15 PM
Flail

Round Four
Syberia vs. Gengar Shadow

Shader (Gastly M): 86%, tired, 3 Shaders (79%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 78%, sleeping, slightly fatigued, clone active [100%], revealed, 3 Elendils, Nightmare [5 actions unless interrupted] (84%)

Arena Status both combatants one large piece of floating rock, magma spewing around, haze disappeared, humidity going down

BATTLE

Shader laughs at Elendil, who is whimpering due to the nightmare. Elendil continues to shake around, hating the evil nightmare Shader has put upon him.

Shader smiles, and comes closer towards Elendil, who continues to wimper. Revealing his large teeth, Shader grins as he closes in on Elendil. Suddenly, Elendil jumps into the air and begins to thrash around wildly. To no avail. It goes right through Shader!

Shader waits until Elendil has stopped flailing around, and grips his teeth around Elendil. Suddenly, a huge blast of white light erupts from Shader, and then a flash of green light. Wait a minute. Didn't Shader's mother tell him never to eat bad dreams? Apparently not. Elendil wakes up, and Shader begins to thrash around, being attacked by the dream he ate. Elendil looks at the Shaders, and closes his eyes. Suddenly, he stares right at one. A large aura surrounds it, and Elendil now has "high vision". Grinning, Elendil watches as Shader thrashed around more.

Shader slowly stops, but is too late. By then, Elendil has launched another deadly ball of shadows. Shader is struck backwards, and regains his vision. A large light flashes from his body, and then another clone is formed. Unfortunately, Elendil's "high vision" is in effect the entire round, so Shader is detected.

Shader (Gastly M): 76%, tired, 3 Shaders, detected, clone active [100%], revealed (79%)
Elendil (Eevee M): 75%, slightly fatigued, clone active [100%], revealed, 3 Elendils (77%)

Syberia
18th June 2003, 07:44 PM
Keep up the assault with Shadow Balls, renewing Detect if necessary. In the event of him trying to Hypnotize you again, simply close your eyes.

Shadow Ball/Detect/Close Eyes x3

Gengar's Shadow
18th June 2003, 11:12 PM
First, use Hypnosis! He will close his eyes, giving you the perfect chance to use Swift to wipe out all the clones. He will use Shadowball now, but before he does, use Haze!

Gengar's Shadow
25th June 2003, 10:51 PM
Me and Syberia decided, this is officially a DEAD MATCH. Mods, close this