PDA

View Full Version : The Third - Zup

Zup
11th June 2003, 10:54 PM
The Third

by Zup

Prologue

The hot summer wind of August blew silently among the dusty cracks of the rocks underneath the bridge. The bridge itself was new, easily identified as such by the number on it's underside that proudly proclaimed it to have been constructed in 1981. Two young boys, about the age of 14, were swimming in the cold dark river, the river they called the Terene. The wind slipped silently pushing at the water, pushing at the leaves, the sticks, the driftwood, and, as it seemed, reality itself.

For, you see, these two young boys had discovered something while swimming. They both peered underneath the water at the slight opening, what seemed a myriad of colors erupting at them from a small hole beneath moss, dirt and rocks. For the past two weeks, they had been compelled to open this up, to dig, to see what was there. Now that they saw, they knew that it had to be covered. They grabbed frantically at the rocks, and the second one, the one with the deep brown eyes, now contorted in fear, flung a rock, shaped like a disk at the opening. The moment it covered it, the rock crushed upon itself until an eye had appeared on it. The boys flung dirt, gravel, rocks, sticks, anything to cover it up. It had to be done. It had to be done.

Twenty years later.

Twenty years before. My brown eyes. Another face. Another life. The same river. The same bridge. Carefree. Fourteen. Out for summer. Found a rock...Huh?

All of this ran through my mind. He had found it. Kevin was The First, as those from Espairia called him. Brent was called the Second.

"Gah!" I shook my head sharply. Where were these thoughts from? The First? What kind of nonsense was this? Espairia? And what was this other kid? Brent? Gah! And it wasn't 1982! What the heck?

I was at our swimming hole in the middle of our river, the Terene. I was sitting on a rock under the bridge, confused. Why was I here? I was going biking in a half an hour with my friends. It was as if the river called to me. No. Nonsense. It had to be.

No, it had to be done. It had been done. It was going to be done. It was being done. It is done.

What the..?

Gah!

"Gah!"

"Gahhhhhhhh..." I screamed as I hurled myself into the river, my hands searching for the rock. The one with the eye. The eye. That signified Espairia. The planet that never was, was to be, had been, is. The one that is Earth, was never Earth, will be Earth, what Earth will be. The planet with seers. The ones who knew my destiny. The ones who needed me. The Third. The Foretelling had mentioned The First, Second and Third. The First was to bring fear, the Second to bring hatred, the Third to save them from the sins of The Two. To create Espairia, and to destroy it were the essence of The First and The Second but The Third was a divine savior, the Gods' own choice. The Third from planet Earth. There would be no Fourth or Fifth. The Third would come, save and leave. That was his destiny. My destiny. Their destinies.

"Glub, glub..." I said frantically searching for air. Instead I grabbed the rock. Memories that weren't mine flooded through my heart, soul, mind and body. It ravaged me and healed me. I lifted hard, pulling at the Pillar of the Eye. The Rainbows danced tauntingly from the maw of the blinking passageway until I passed out from lack of oxygen. No matter. I was still swimming into the gaping hole, totally out of control. Until, I totally blinked out of existence.

On Earth, that is.
----------------------------

As you can see, it needs work. I am going to have troubles with it. I'm probably going to contradict myself as well. Oh well. I get to make up stuff. Fun. And hard.

Reply if you read it is my only request. Say if you liked it, if you'll read it again, etc. If you didn't post why. I just need readers. I'll start adding chapters soon. Hopefully.

Tyler and Hobbes
12th June 2003, 01:52 AM
Hmm... interesting, a bit of mystery... This looks to be a most pronosing fic, I will enjoy finding out what the dream was.

Tha Legend
12th June 2003, 10:03 PM
I will read again. I like the story and am curious to see how it turns out. Writing as you go sucks. I am in a terrible writers block, and I fear my muse may have abandoned me for more verdant pastures.
~Legend~