PDA

View Full Version : GBASP and GC linkup (HELP!)

Thy
12th June 2003, 01:03 PM
I have a GBASp and an InterAct GC link. I got the link for Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Advance around Christmas. At that time, I could only find Nintendo ones online. I had a old GBA and it worked fine. I now have a GBASP and the Wind Waker and the cable blocks the L and R buttons. I could use the old GBA, but the Control pad left is busted. This is my second SP as the R on #1SP mysteriously broke. I thonk it was due to the pressure of the link, but I am not sure. I would have been okay, but I needed the R button in my Spongbob Squarepants game. :P For the people with Nintendo brand linkup cables and Sp's, does it block your L and R. Considering that the links are $5 or less, buying a Nintendo one isn't a hassle, but I want to know if there is a difference. Thank you! :D :wave:

Razola
14th June 2003, 01:32 AM
I have a Nintendo and Nyko GBA/GC link.

The Nyko covers L and R but Nintendo's fits like a glove. I have had no problems with the 1st party link.

This is one of the dangers of 3rd party accessories. Nintendo designed the SP with THEIR equipment in mind, not those from companies who compete with them. You take the risk with having stuff that may be incompatible with later editions of hardware.

Worse off, your warranty is voided now since you plugged a non-liscensed product into your SP. You can get it repaired, but your warranty won't cover any of the costs.

Thy
14th June 2003, 01:40 PM
I traded my old SP in at Toys R Us for a new one, so nothing happened. My new one is fine thought, but I hate using the Tingle Tunner without some options. :(

dracox
15th June 2003, 01:47 AM
Cut off parts covering L and R buttons = problem solved

ILikePokemonP
15th June 2003, 06:52 AM
If you plugged in a worm light or something could your fingers access the L and R buttons?

[/Silly idea]