PDA

View Full Version : TPMBot vs UmmmmBot

M1ND G4ME
12th June 2003, 02:38 PM
If you frequant ummmm (or have gone there in the last few months) chances are youve seen the bots. Well we have a little problem, Whos bot is better?

Ummmmbot or TPMBot? (please do not post unless you have gone to ummmm)

Ummmmbot is the newer bot with more commands but takes longer to respond.

TPMBot is the older bot with less commands but replys in a snap.

I thank you in advance for your vote

kainashi
12th June 2003, 02:47 PM
tpmbot because chris r0x0rs. :wave:

Angel Blossom
12th June 2003, 02:50 PM
LOL, right now both of the bots are having a little argument. XD

I think the ummmmbot is better when it comes to the commands. Sure, it may be annoying, but it says funny things sometimes. TPMBot is cool too, but it doesn't have as much commands as the ummmmbot. But the TPMBot is better since you don't have to type out it's name for EVERYTHING.. lol.

Right now the ummmmbot said, "Clark is a ****ing hoe, I should know." XD

Oh, and the only disadvantages of the ummmmbot, besides that it has too many m's in it's name and that it's sort of a rip off, is that it refuses to kill Michelle. :(

nightcrow
12th June 2003, 03:35 PM
TPMBot forever!! He makes my world go roooound :)

Aipom Of Doom
12th June 2003, 04:05 PM
TPMbot pwns except now he doesn't have his commands up =/. But Hunter banned me from ummmmbot so TPMbot still pwns =D

TPMBot (4:50:19 PM): *takes a cyberdump*
xSt Anger 1825x (4:50:24 PM): XD
Aipom of Doom (4:50:26 PM): XD
darkpyromagician (4:50:28 PM): XD TPMBOT
DarkChaos1000 (4:50:33 PM): XD
Aipom of Doom (4:51:28 PM): He's crapping out 0's and 1's :O
darkpyromagician (4:51:32 PM): :O
darkpyromagician (4:51:32 PM): XD
darkpyromagician (4:51:42 PM): they're brown tho
DarkChaos1000 (4:51:42 PM): XD
Aipom of Doom (4:51:45 PM): XD
TPMBot (4:51:55 PM): 01101010000101011
darkpyromagician (4:51:59 PM): O_O
DarkChaos1000 (4:52:02 PM): XD
darkpyromagician (4:52:09 PM): TPMBot, we don't want to see your piss
darkpyromagician (4:52:12 PM): :O
TPMBot (4:52:13 PM): oops, this isn't the toilet :-(

Little_Pikachu
12th June 2003, 04:17 PM
TPMBot wins. It's the original and best and has very useful commands such as the Brillo detector and the 8ball which has made many a life changing decision for us all.

Ummmmbot was always just a cheap rip off, apparently it's damaged goods now that Clark got his hands on it anyway. :)

DWummmmbot UPTPMBot

tidalwave200
12th June 2003, 04:22 PM
I agree with Suzie. TPMBot came way before UmmmmBot, and UmmmmBot is pretty much a rip-off. It has a few original commands, but if TPMBot didn't exist, UmmmmBot wouldn't either.

Gligar_Man
12th June 2003, 04:40 PM
bots...

tpmbot = the first, original, better commands, truly 1337er than some stupid knock off...

ummmmbot = stupid knockoff, and 2 many m's...

jay should have chose wich one to assassinate better...

owners...

chris = 1337, genuinly cool person...

hunter = 9 year old who craves attention

... :\ hunter irks me... but anyways comparing tpmbot to ummmmbot isnt even like comparing 2 things, its like... what do you want for breakfast today? some eggs w/toast and pancakes... or ductape

GreenShirT
12th June 2003, 04:47 PM
TPMBot because it is the original, it actually works properly, Chris added the feature i suggested, and i am an admin on it, its just better!

Misty
12th June 2003, 05:01 PM
aim chat bots are all gay. >:(

hail irc bots.

VirtualPlay
12th June 2003, 05:26 PM
Gee, let me think about which one is better...[/remark that is so heavily dripping with sarcasm that the sarcasm is drowning a fish]

TPMBot pwnz ummmmbot, plain and simple. As Suzie said, TPMBot is the original, ummmmbot is a rip-off, and I have to agree. I mean, ummmmbot is funny, sure, but TPMBot is a heck of a lot more useful.

(!8ball > hangman) any day.

Plus, you have to type ummmmbot whenever you want to tell a command to it...therefore TPMBot pwnz ummmmbot.

Little_Pikachu
12th June 2003, 05:30 PM
Also TPMBot is better because Chris didn't have to vote for it under multiple accounts. Yes, I CAN see who voted Hunter. Isn't is bad enough that you have to clone girls to chat with you on AIM, now you have to clone people to vote for your bot too?

Gligar_Man
12th June 2003, 10:09 PM
every post here is for tpmbot

... so hunter goes on his seperate accounts to vote for his own bot, how sad... *shakes finger at hunter*

Katie
12th June 2003, 10:28 PM
let's think about this for a minu-TPMBOT.
ummmmbot sucks, it's just a rip-off, I refuse to ever give that sunnuvabiyotch a command. TPMbot was so simple to use, with just the right commands for any situation, !8ball and !name mostly. although some people really got out of hand with flooding, it was still fun, "!8ball can I have a cookie? ^_^" being my favorite thing to say to it :> tpmbot we miss youuuuuuuuu ;-; :(

ummmmbot go die :yes:

~Katie

Lady Vulpix
13th June 2003, 09:58 AM
It's already too bad to have a flame war over ummmm. Why bring it over to the board? That whole "my bot is better than your bot" sounds really stupid to me. What does it matter? Both bots are different, and we can play with both. Besides, you didn't make ummmbot, you just added some patterns to it. Someone else wrote the code.

homeofmew
13th June 2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by LuGiA007
tpmbot because chris r0x0rs. :wave:

well ya! Chris owns~ we can make this into a Chris Fan Topic ;)
Ummmmbot~ never heard of it :P

Originally posted by Little Pikachu
Also TPMBot is better because Chris didn't have to vote for it under multiple accounts. Yes, I CAN see who voted Hunter. Isn't is bad enough that you have to clone girls to chat with you on AIM, now you have to clone people to vote for your bot too?
So Hunter made Ummm bot ? no wonder.
Don't fun of Hunter he is just lonley :(

Silver Ledian
13th June 2003, 08:15 PM
Like every other person has replied, I think that TPMBot owns UmmmmBot.

1) It was the first.

2) It has the more original - although fewer - commands and IMO
they are more fun and useful i.e. !8ball and !name and !rps, hehe.

3) It doesn't attempt to contruct full sentences and then end up coming up with a pile of crap, which the owner hopes will make a sentence.

Sorry Hunter, but everytime I see UmmmmBot I just say to myself 'OMG, not again'...I just find it irritating and boring in the chat. ^_^;;;;;;;;

EVme15
13th June 2003, 08:57 PM
TPMbot is the best by a long shot. Like, lets say: the odds on average of winning the lottery: ummmmbot's 1 to TPMbot's 10,000,000
Sure, someone's gotta win the lottery. Just not you. ;) or the ummmmbot.
Plus, ummmmbot is loaded with so many comments I find... erm... not funny, put nicely. The TPMbot is only inapproapriate when people make it. "ub" (I'm not typing out all the m's anymore) is, well, it reminds me of the jerk who's in most of my classes and asked me to dance at the school dance today. Crap, I hate that kid. And "ub" is harder to use. All TPMbot is is a nice little ! in front of a word or two. For "ub" you have to type out the whole stupid thing. I don't use the "ub", plain and simple.

Azura Stardust
14th June 2003, 05:30 AM
TPMbot was more stable and pretty solid, more sophisticated in a way... I prefer TPMbot, though sometimes you kind of ran out of things to do with it. Ummmmbot can be soooo weird sometimes.

Of course I don't really compare with who came first, it's more like Ummmmbot was specifically CREATED because TPMbot was down and people wanted a bot. So in a way its supposed to be a little bit of a ripoff. However if I'm wrong do tell me....

I r teh vot fuor TPMbot ^_^;;

BTW I think the hunter who owns Ummmmbot is 13... the 9 year old hunter is powermudkip. He can't own a bot, no way xP

M1ND G4ME
15th June 2003, 07:11 AM
Erm, How is ummmmbot a rip off? I just went and got one cuz TPMBot was down.

And Suzie, What are you talking about getting on different names? All i did was get some friends from msn to vote for ummmmbot :P You just want to find a way to make me look bad since I took you off my buddylist because you admited you were gay. *rolls eyes*

Lady Vulpix
15th June 2003, 07:14 AM
Hunter, I'm sorry but... since you've just admitted what you did, you need neither Suzie's nor anybody else's help to make you look bad. You've done it all by yourself. :P

Chris
15th June 2003, 11:27 AM
Hunter, there is absolutely no denying the fact that you cheated when all of your "MSN friends" originate from the same IP address. ;)

Thanks for the support, everyone, TPMBot will be back shortly... I'd give it a day or two :)

powermudkip
22nd June 2003, 02:55 AM
I would have to say that ummmmbot is better than tpmbot.The only downside to ummmmbot to me is that you have to type out the full name.

Jay
22nd June 2003, 03:58 AM
It's easy to c+p "ummmmbot" you know. Problem solved if that is the main reason why people hate it. It's less annoying than pressing SHIFT + 1 where sometimes it's more easily typoed

UmmmmBot all the way

Cheesey
22nd June 2003, 12:11 PM
Forgive me for being such an annoying, slow, idiot (I can' t help it) but what is TPMBot exactly? Please, don't thwack me very very very hard in the head, I can take very very hard ( :P ) I think I can understand what it is, but I want to make sure... I hate myslef for my stupidity -_-