PDA

View Full Version : poll: scars

Gligar_Man
13th June 2003, 05:31 AM
1. count how many scars you have... how many do you have?

~i have the amazingly high # of 43...

2. what is your most memorable scar?

~the one on my butt from doing a belly flop into a kiddie pool... :\ i ended up landing on a rock... :\ the plastic bottom split and i got 13 stitches, lol...

3. what is your biggest scar?

~the one on my wrist/hand from being stabbed... :\ 39 stitches on outside... 60+ on inside, 2 surgerries...

Jay
13th June 2003, 05:43 AM
Ouch, Otto :(

1/. 1. count how many scars you have... how many do you have?

It's kind of hard to count them on my back, but I think I have 12

Well, I suppose the one on my back. They're all the same, and I don't have scars anywhere else on my body. I have a bad case of scratching my back at night (EVERY night) and it has just turned into a bunch of really bad scars that just keep getting worse

A really big one goes from the middle of my back to the top of my neck. That would have to be the biggest. They've been there for many years; I don't know if I still do it. I'm not going to get someone to watch me sleep to see if I do itch :no:

Misty
13th June 2003, 05:50 AM
i have 0 scars

<-- victory. :D

Gligar_Man
13th June 2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Misty
i have 0 scars

<-- victory. :D

how is that possible

Dark Dragonite
13th June 2003, 09:02 AM
1) Physical Scars: about 8 or 9 Emotional: too many to count

2)Physical: the baseball bat to my chin, or the car door to my head Emotional: Probably the night I got kicked in the nuts 5 times by my gf at the time

3)Physical: Foul ball off my knee, still have the stitching of the softball imprinted on my knee Emotional: too many

Rambunctious Jamirus
13th June 2003, 09:08 AM

Let's see... 1, 2... 15 but I probably have more.

The one on my lip. Okay, there's a story. I was on a boat and forgot there were stairs going down. I slipped and fell down them, biting a chunk off my lip. It hurt but it shows how much I don't like boats.

The one running up my shin. I have no idea where it came from or what happened but I have it. It's about 3 inches long and looks like it was a gash. But, like I said, I don't know how I got it.
Also the one on my arm is pretty big. I was riding to school on my bike and the stupid ground is uneven between the sidewalk and the dirt. My front tire fell off the sidewalk and got caught right beside the walkway. I fell off and ripped open my arm and rode to school with it bleeding. My shirt got ruined since the blood was all over the bottom half. Ppl looked at me though... hehe..
Edit: Oh, the post below me reminded me of being bitten by a dog on the nose. That hurt.

nightcrow
13th June 2003, 09:23 AM
1. I have close to 20 scars (I counted but I'm pretty sure I didn't count them all)

2. Probably either the one from my surgery, or the one where I got attacked by a dog.

3. My surgery one from when I was 3. I don't know how big it is (I'm guessing 2-3 inches) but it's under my chin so you can't see it.

Discothéque
13th June 2003, 10:53 AM
1: I have no clue about how many scars I have, exactly, but most likely 10+. I have them in different places, though: on my tongue, on my knee, on my eyebrow... ._.

2: The one on my tongue. When I was about three years old, I was playing around a table, and I fell down and sliced my tongue open. Now there's a white scar on it.

3: The one on my eyebrow, sadly, is the biggest. Where the scar is, no hair will grow back on it - and it reminds me of James Marsters, so I like it. ._.;;; I got it from when I was young and had extremely horrible chicken pox, and this massive one was on my eyebrow. When it left, I had a scar, and the hair hasn't grown back for nearly ten years, so it isn't coming back. I also have many big ones from being mauled by my oldest cat. O_o

Matt
13th June 2003, 10:59 AM

Hm.. about 11 or 12. Really hard to count them on my back :>

I don't have any memorable scars; the only way I get scars is from mosiquotes (probably spelled wrong but i dont give a feck) and from scraching my back while I sleep and or sitting so my back bone comes out so it can make scars >_>.

I would have to say the ones on my back. When I sit down my back bone comes out about an inch and a half which makes bad scars on my back. Plus I scratch my back at night while im sleeping and such which makes even more scars v_v.

pimuni
13th June 2003, 11:14 AM
I am a male ->

1. count how many scars you have... how many do you have? Erm, I have about 15 scars on my right arm, and 1 in my knee.

2. What is your most memorable scar? I once dived into a pool. What I didnt know was that it was a low level pull. I crashed against the bottom of the pool and scraped my chin. I had a huge scar around my chin. And the pool floor was ragged. But now, the scar has disappeared completely.

3. what is your biggest scar? Well, probably the one(s) in my right arm. There are so many, that they seem to be one. :P I have them from my cat. I like to bother my cat and when I do this, it ususally bites me and scratches me. But it doesnt hurt me much. I just enjoy to bother my cat, over the pain of the injuries. :D

GreenShirT
13th June 2003, 11:22 AM
- I have a whole 2 that I can see.
- The one on my face, a glass bottle exploded near me and cut me :(
- About an inch, its only clearly visible usually when the weather gets cold.

homeofmew
13th June 2003, 01:14 PM
:( I have a lot of scars. Too many to count Mental scars like Steve :(

I have scars from taekwondo and fighting. Cat scratches, and careless shaving. :yes: and self mutilation :yes:

Misty
13th June 2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
how is that possible

I never do anything that has a high likelihood of resulting in injury. :P

Totodile Lover
13th June 2003, 02:42 PM

Uhhh, to many to count, but there are three main ones I wish not to remember...

a. I have one on my Hip, from hurting myself when I was 10, I hurt my hip bad and somehow it became deattached or something.. I don't know.

b. One on the back up my neck from jumping off my roof (yes Itend to do this..) I hit the ground wrong, usually I come away with a ached foot. ^^''

c. One on my leg(back), from also jumping off my roof ^^''

3. Most likely the one on my hip.

ttyl

~LATINA~

DarkTemplarZ
13th June 2003, 03:16 PM
I only have 2. One on my left forearm from when I scratched myself on a window, the other on my left elbow from when I was really spaced out and dragged my elbow across a nail. Ouch... The one on my elbow's bigger

Silver Ledian
13th June 2003, 05:18 PM
I don't have any scars at all, and have never been made aware by my parents that I've gotten any. I've never broken anything or seriously cut or hurt myself so I guess it's not surprising...I've never had a stitch in my life, hehe. I guess I'm either just safe or a bore who never goes out - same thing.

I do notice that I have this annoying tiny freckle on my thumb and one on my toe as well which is irritating and more ugly than a scare IMO. I'm thankful I've never needed knitting up. :D

Crystal Mew
14th June 2003, 12:27 AM
aw jeeze o_o; *counts* oh like..25 I counted :o sheeze..most of them are on my wrist....no, I dont cut, my ferret likes to claw me :) although, some scars look like I have been cutting....

2. the one on my forehead :yes: I tripped and fell on the door hinge X-o; on my b-day party :( thats what I get for playing tag in the house >_>; I had to get a butterfly thing-y o_0; better than stiches...but I still have a scar :D

3. the scar on me knee :/ stupid game at camp...it was a game with a hoola-hoop, and 4 people have to be inside the hoop, and race to the other side. Ijust happen to be the 4th person..in the hoop with 3 other girls bigger than me o_o; so one of them kicked my knee, I fell, and they dragged me like 5 feet on my knee.....and my knee was pretty sick x_o; all the skin was torn off, and full of dirt, and it hurt so bad :( I had to sit out, and not play anymore games the rest of camp. What sucked was I had to sit out 3 whole days just watching everyone else have fun, limping along :( so now the scar takes up my whole kneecap ^^; how ugly >_>;
last year's camp sucked :yes:

midnightangel
14th June 2003, 05:37 AM
I have three myself...:o
The first one is on my left knee where I fell down and split my knee open 0_o
It probably should have had stitches but I didn't get any

My second scar is about an inch long and is on the top of my right hand--I've forgotten how I got that one, hehe :P

My third (and biggest) scar is on my left thumb from where I had a second thumb removed--I don't remember this one either because I was six months old when it was removed (my mom told me)
The only difference between my both thumbs is where the right one is straight, the left one is permanently angled to the right.
I had considered getting it surgically straightened but I remember my dad having the same problem (same thumb) and he had his extra thumb removed and the other one straightened--he had minimal mobility in the remaining thumb.
I, on the other hand, have complete mobility in that hand and thumb, and still can do tasks that require hands-on work (a must for my job)

Gligar_Man
14th June 2003, 06:19 AM
thats very interesting, does that run in your family?

midnightangel
14th June 2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
thats very interesting, does that run in your family?

The only two people I know of having an extra thumb on the left hand are me and my dad

It's possible there are more people on his side of the family that have the same condition, I don't know too much about his side of the family
And it's just as possible that it only happened with the both of us...I don't really know *shrugs*

Kireihana52
16th June 2003, 09:11 PM
1) Probably somewhere around 15 or so, but they're all over my body, and I do not feel like undressing to count them all. +_+;

2) I got a lot of them from my two cats when they were little itty babies. A few more I got from my brother's ferrets, and one I got from taking a pizza out of the oven. The weirdest one I got was from a mosquito bite that..scabbed over. It really made no sense, but I suppose that's just life's way of saying.."Hey, dude, I'm on drugs". I also have big red stretch mark scars on my thighs from a few years ago, thanks to that evil little puberty leprechaun.

3) Most of them are tiny, excluding the darned stretch marks. :-P

~Bethany