PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Man, I can't believe I no longer have any great-grandparents!

Knight of Time
13th June 2003, 06:42 AM
Hi!

I don't know how many of you still have at least one living great-grandparent, but I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Today, I learned that my last great-grandparent (one of my great-grandfathers) died somewhere around midnight Atlantic time (11:00 Eastern time). He was 94.

As of now, I officially have no great-grandparents living anymore.

I have a couple of polls related to this event:

1. Are any of your great-grandparents still living? If so, how many, and how old are they?

2. (if you answered no to the first question) Who was the last great-grandparent of yours that died? When did they die?

Clark
13th June 2003, 10:45 AM
1. i think i still have one great-grandmother living from my dad's side of the family, but we don't speak to many of them, but the last time i heard she was alive(that was years ago though). not sure how old.

pimuni
13th June 2003, 11:18 AM
I only have a great grandfather. He is 97 years old and still living and looking good. :) He can walk, but with his cane. I have been keeping in contact, a lot with him. I hope nothing terrible happens to him. :(

Fett One
13th June 2003, 12:03 PM
1. Are any of your great-grandparents still living? If so, how many, and how old are they?

None of my great-grandparents are alive.

2. (if you answered no to the first question) Who was the last great-grandparent of yours that died? When did they die?

The last one to die was my great-grandpop on my dad's side of the family. He died 17 years ago, when I was only 2 years old.

Rambunctious Jamirus
13th June 2003, 12:09 PM
Sorry to hear, DarkPrince :(

I have one left, my great-grandmother on my mother's side and she's now 89 since yesterday I believe. We stay in contact a lot since she lives about an hour from our house.

I used to have two great-grandmothers on my mother's side (my grandfather died in a go-cart accident young and my grandmother remarried) but she died about a year ago :(

Little_Pikachu
13th June 2003, 12:26 PM
1. Nope, I have none living. All of them were dead before I was even born so I never had any :\ I guess my family has a short life expectancy, that'll please a lot of you, huh?

2. No idea.

homeofmew
13th June 2003, 01:06 PM
My grandma just died she was 82 or something.
I never knew any of my great grandparents. Or was even born ~ even near when they died :(

I am sorry about your great grandparent :(

Starry Might
13th June 2003, 02:55 PM
First of all - sorry about your loss. :(

Second...

Me: None...

Me: My Great-Grandmother (on my Mom's side). She passed away June 17th, 2002. She was 94.

Sean the Greatest
13th June 2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by DarkPrince the Dark Knight

First I'm sorry for you to hear such thing...
ANyway..

1. No
2. I have no idea.

My great-grandfather was deheaded by the Japanese in 1944
My stephgreat-grandmother died into a medium
My other great-grandmother died of sorrow because my great-grandfather died

The ones of my dad's family I don't know, nor my uncles and aunts

My "regular" grandpa (father's side) died normal because of the age in 1976. If he'd lived now, he'd be 106 years.
My grandma died 2 months ago on April 17th, she was 86 years old and that's, for an analfabetic and sick Indonesian woman, very old.

My grandparents of my mothers side lives though. My grand ma is 70 and loves to make long walks.
My grandpa is devorced from my grandma and lives in Indonesia (the rest lives in the Netherlands). He's an alcoholic and he still lives... he's now 71...

Misty
13th June 2003, 03:12 PM
1) nope

2) my last two great-grandmothers(my dad's mom's mom and my mom's mom's mom) died around 2002, pretty much around the same time... they were both 87... one was really weak, and the other had Alzeimer's(I cannot remember how to spell that)

Silver Ledian
13th June 2003, 05:29 PM
None of my great-grandparents are still alive. My mummy's mum would have been that last one to die, about 8 months before I was born - her name was Theresa but everyone called her 'Teasy'. I didn't really know anything about all the others since my mummy is the only one that really talks about her granny. I'm just glad I still have 3 grandparents left, never mind great-grandparents! ^_^