PDA

View Full Version : Pollness: Suicide

Dark Dragonite
13th June 2003, 09:17 AM
Ok, this isn't a happy topic, and if the higher ups think it's inappropriate, you may close it as you think fit. This can be a bad, and depressing world at times, so I figured, why not make it somewhat of an open discussion.

1)Have you ever thought about ending your life??

2)If so, why??

3)Did you seek any professional help, or want it?? Why or why not??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1)I deffinately have, and I'm sorry to say, but last night was not a good night to be me.

2)Well, I can't be with my gf, or even be a good bf right now, I failed every college class I took, money is tight, and my car is falling apart. I've been applying for a job everywhere, but noone even calls me back, or tells me they don't want to hire me, just leave me hanging, and if I don't have a job by July11th, I am homeless to boot, so I'm feeling unwanted.

3)I thought about this a lot last night, I need someone, or something, cause I can't do it on my own anymore, and I was an idiot to think I could for even a second, I'm just not strong enough right now, and the stress is hurting me a lot.

Yukitsukai
13th June 2003, 10:26 AM
1) Yes, quite a few times, actually
2) I was feeling overwhelmed by life >_<
3) No, because I said I didn't need it >>;;

homeofmew
13th June 2003, 01:18 PM
Steve you know I care for you :(

I have thought about it yes, but never actually tried anything :(
Why- Cause everyone hates me :( I told my parents 2 years ago i was thinking of suicide, they were like "ok, go ahead" o well..
another why- school has been tough, (not 11th and 12th grade) but ever other year was.
Getting help- I have seen psycologists, the first one I saw was ok, he didn't do much, the second one I saw just made things worse.

:no: Steve you can not die

1-800-SUICIDE :yes:

UmbreonCurse
13th June 2003, 01:43 PM
1) sometimes..sorta. but never from depression, or anything like that.
2)I'm just curious.... I'm a very curious person
3) ....no.

Pichu
13th June 2003, 01:46 PM

Yes... many times...

2)If so, why??

Its one of those "The world will be better off without me... no one will get angry ... or sad ..." etc.

I've thought of it... maybe in the future, my answer will be yes..
but currently, no.

Misty
13th June 2003, 01:54 PM
1) yes
2) life blows and sucks
3) yep, i got professional help, i was pretty bad ;/

Silver Ledian
13th June 2003, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear you're not in the best situation atm :-/ I can't really say or do much to help but if you feel like moaning I'm always free on AIM...gets it off your chest etc. :)

1) I think about what it would be like to commit suicide but not because of stress or depression. If you know what I mean, I've never thought of suicide because I am thinking of doing it but just because I wonder about what would happen afterwards and stuff. I guess they say curiosity killed (not pun intended) the cat.

2) Like I said, it's not been because of problems, just curiosity.

3) ^^^

DarkTemplarZ
13th June 2003, 08:23 PM
Ditto @ SL

1) no
2/3) N/A

The Decapitated Mole
14th June 2003, 09:01 AM
1: Yes
2: Because my life is ****. My mom's in a wheelchair for the rest of her life, both my parents and my brother are verbally and mentally abusive, all three of them also smoke, all the time, I'm constantly sick, I'm failing school, have very few friends, my dad loves the family dog more than anyone else in the family, my brother, horrible as he is, is moving away at the end of the summer, so that I, at 13, will have to do everything around my house, including helping my mom, which is a full-time job.
3: No. Those bastards aren't gonna do jack **** for me.

Slowking86
14th June 2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Virtual Reality
I told my parents 2 years ago i was thinking of suicide, they were like "ok, go ahead" o well..

what great parents you have backing you up and everything..

1. no
2. because i'm relatively happy i guess..
3. I probably would if i was in that situation

MarshmallowEgg
14th June 2003, 03:04 PM

Yes, a couple of times. Once in 7th grade, and once earlier this year.

2)If so, why??

The first time, in 7th grade, I was depressed. I had a ****ty year, I felt like no one cared about me, I wasn't doing well in school, I just hated life. That went away after a while, and then earlier this year I really liked this guy, but I found out he had a girlfriend, and then things just kind of went downhill. My depression came back, my parents were hounding me about my schoolwork, I felt like life wasn't worth living. Kind of stupid that it was over a guy, but it was understandable because people who are depressed at one point and don't get help for it are more likely to relaspe. That just kind of pushed me the wrong way.

No, I didn't seek it nor want it. I suppose I should have gotten it, but it's a little late for that now.

Angel Blossom
15th June 2003, 12:20 AM
1) Around the end of last year, I used to think about suicide a lot. *sighs* But I don't think about it anymore. I've been feeling better about everything lately, so it's not an issue now.

2) There were problems at home that used to drive me crazy. My sister was mean to me, my parents were never there, and whenever they were at home together, they would fight. I wasn't doing well in school, either, and I had no friends at my new school. It wasn't easy for me. But I'm trying to be more optimistic about life.. it's been helping me a lot, actually.

3) No.. I was too stubborn, and I never told my parents how I felt. ;_;

Ginger Cat
15th June 2003, 12:23 AM
Depressing topics are lovely...
I'm dead serious when I say this... It may not help, but if any of you need someone to talk to, feel free to e-mail or IM me (maladroit_hybrid@hotmail.com). I mean, if you just need to talk to someone, I'll listen.
And now I shall speak my boredom.

1)Have you ever thought about ending your life?
Yes... Many times. Sometimes vivid images, sometimes mere whimsical thoughts. Sometimes sat and contemplaated. Sometimes gone for the knife. But who the **** cares?

2)If so, why?
I probably shouldn't go into everything... Because the world seems to be nothing aside from shadows of darkness that may appear at any moment. Because everyone's dying and nobody cares. Because it's all the same when you look at it, over and over; the same problems for everyone, and someone's always worse off than you, but that doesn't stop the hurt. Because, honestly, no one's there. Because that which I truly wish for and live for will no doubt never be obtained by my own being. ...I'll stop.

3)Did you seek any professional help, or want it? Why or why not?
I haven't, no. I almost want to... But no. Doesn't ****ing matter, anyway.

I'm serious... Even if I don't know you--hell, who do we really know, anyway--go ahead and talk... It could help.

Dark Scizor
15th June 2003, 07:07 AM

Yeah, several times in my life, and i thought about it on friday but that was overreacting.

2)If so, why?

Because i get depressed over life and sometimes i wonder if the world would be better without me. I think that my friends would be better off without me, but thats when i feel like that. Otherwise i think it is kinda stupid to think such thought, but sometimes they just come knocking at your door.

No i didn't, i sort these things out by myself, and if i need help i get it frmo my friends. But its not very often i think about suicide, which is a better thing then thinking about it all the time.:yes:

PsychicHoundoom
15th June 2003, 05:07 PM
Have you thought about ending your life:Yes I seriously did in 4th grade and had the knife in my hand.
Why:If I told you You would probably have nightmares the rest of your life.
Did you seek professional help:No I just came to the realization that if I killed myself then I would be proven weak and pathetic like everyone told me I was. And that I wouldn't even get into heaven. So I vowed that one day I would prove them all wrong and laugh in each one of there pathetic begging facess, as they sit alone on the streets asking me to help them, while explaining and reminding me what they did all those years ago!

crazybone
15th June 2003, 08:18 PM
Never. I live life in the fast lane, and it's super duper. :yes:

One of my best female friends did consider suicide, and she took a knife and started making left-right motions in the air above her wrist, in front of me. I'm like "You ****ing idiot. You don't slit left and right if you're going to kill yourself, you slit up and down. That way you're actually ripping apart the pathways." She started crying, then laughing, and then she put back the knife. :confused: Must have been her 14th day in her daily month or something. :confused:

Anyways, some advice to all you psychos who wanna die, lolo. :yes:

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

~ Albert Einstein

The_Missing_Link
15th June 2003, 08:32 PM
Man, there are so many depressed people here *does a jig* *stops when she realizes she's makinga fool of herself* ._.

1 & 2) I have thought about what it would be like if I killed myself, but I never thought about actually doing it. My depression isn't rooted deep and I found out the cause of it rather quickly. Before I moved to Maryland when I was 10, I was really happy with my life, especially with my friends. After I moved, I found it rather hard to make friends and I started to get depressed. This pretty much caused me to become withdrawn and start staying indoors. Actually, I think that if it wasn't for my depression, I wouldn't be online as much as I am now. So anyway, I'm depressed cause I have no RL friends (as in close friends) but it isn't bad enough that I wan't to commit suicide

3) After one bout of breaking down late at night when I was in 7th grade, my dad forced me to go see a psychologist. Like I said before though, I figured out why I was depressed and who was to blame (my dad cause he got a new job but I really don't blame him that much. The man needs to work) so seeing the guy wasn't a great deal of help at all *shrugs* I've been like this for about 5 years so I'm ok with it most of the time

woz
15th June 2003, 10:26 PM

2)If so, why??

1) no, i've never been THAT depressed to think about it, but i've hit rock bottom a few times.
2) n/a.
3) n/a.

Razola
16th June 2003, 12:01 AM

Most definitely.

2)If so, why?

I found out they were making a Pac-Man movie. I cannot exist in a world that allows such.

Advance Wars 2 comes out soon and my life would be void if I did not play it.

Sheik
16th June 2003, 11:12 AM
No. I have never thought about killing myself. If you ever face a situation in life that overwhelms you, committing suicide is the worst way to handle the problem.

If you kill yourself, someone else will get hurt, no matter what you think. There is someone out there, that loves each and every one of you, and you are all completely oblivious to it.

DD, it doesn't matter what kind of boyfriend you are to Amy. The only thing that matters is that she loves you, and you love her. Where there's love, there's invincibility. Money is always tight for college students. Both my sisters went through that.

I cannot prepare you for job interview manners. For one, I have never applied for a job before.

Just when you think there's no hope, a ray of light will shine upon you, and light up your world.

(Note to self: Try not to sound like such a dumbass when you post...)

Zak
16th June 2003, 12:22 PM
1. No, but I HAVE been depressed a lot. I've had so many emotional breakdowns in 7th grade it's not even funny. I'm kinda in the same situation as TML mentioned above. I used have a really happy life in Israel, and at my old school, I hung out with all my friends and stuff.... but now.... I'm just not very social =/ and I haven't had an RL friend in A-G-E-S. I've been really depressed about that for a while, and still am, but not as depressed that I wanted to commit suicide. I've been okay for the past few years... on my own, minding my own buisness, and I was alright with that. However, I do miss all my old friends.... and my ex-g/f. Hell, the last time I had a real g/f was about a year and a half ago. But it would be nice to have one now... and I am kinda considering it, not too sure.

2. See above

3. Yeah.... a few times, when I had those emotional breakdowns... meh =/

~Zak

Cheesey
16th June 2003, 12:51 PM
Never have I seriously considered anything that drastic, but I'm usually depressed. I have friends at school, but... they aren't like... proper. I've got an English accent and I'm from an English family. I live in Scotland, and never have I felt I've fitted in right. I don't have any friends who'd stick up for me when I'm in a tough situation or anything. I'm really unsociable and awkward to be around. I think. But online I think I'm fine...

It isn't that bad, but I still feel a bit mean, unsociable, boring and the odd-man-out.

Crystal Mew
17th June 2003, 10:22 PM
1&2. Nooooo....I have never thought about that. I have been depressed before though, but not depressed enough to commit suicide o_O; I think suicide isnt an option..so I never think about it. The last time I was depressed was when I was...13..just about to turn 14. I dont really know WHY I was depressed...I just was. I was worried about dying, or how I would die, or if I had a disease....and being scared about that turned into depression. :/ ok....now I know why not having cable hurts you...I used to watch all these info-mercials about diseases o_O; not good for a 13yr old...

3. Nope..I get over it in a couple of weeks, normally. It takes time, although I can only remember being depressed twice in my life :/ when I was 8, and when I was 13....both times were about death/dying o_o; but never had to see someone about it.

Nowa days I feel pretty good...life's good right now..but it wasnt always... *mysteriously fades into the background*

Krystalline Kabutops
17th June 2003, 10:35 PM
1) Yes. So has a friend of mine, but her brain fluids are imbalanced, and she's overworked, so it's not her fault. I believe in reincarnation, so it might end up better next time. I just can't bring myself to do it because There are so few people I love, but I love them deeply.

2) I feel misplaced, like in the wrong body. Besides, my life really sucks, and I don't see the point. I've also experienced a lot of betrayal and hurt, but I'm still so trusting, which breaks me more every time I'm betrayed, which is regulerly. But still, I trust, and still, I break even more.

3) No, because I don't want anyone meddling with my life. I used to have a psychiatrist, but he never got anything good. ^^ I just don't trust people enough to keep my secrets. This is hard, because I'm a talker and could easily spill one of my many secrets.

Yeah... I'm one screwed kid. Ya have to wonder why I haven't cracked from the stress yet.

josheatworld3315
25th June 2003, 06:37 AM
1. Yes... I've been majorly depressed...

2. I've been seriously depressed since our family hit rock bottom, and were fighting, etc...
Haven't recovered since...
I always feel as if I'm a lie, and I'm not the real me...
I kept this deep, and still do...
On top of that, the stress of keeping all this inside, has been bringing my grades down... enough to further build to the stress I'm carrying...
I always feel as if it would be so much better if I just ended my life here and now...

3. See above...