PDA

View Full Version : [POLL!] Moving places.

Pichu
14th June 2003, 01:40 AM
If your family (or if your living by yourself) decides to move away from where you are living now, because of some disaster or business problems. Which country/place would you want to live in, and why?
(Note: Staying home isn't an option!)

Me: I would either move to New York or maybe Japan :o
New York >> Obviously, the pokemon center is located there :D
Japan >> I can learn Japanese, I pretty much like Japanese food, and I can watch pokémon non-dubbed.

If I were to pick one, I choose Japan... since IMO... major of the pokéfans are there, and I can make new friends faster... :rolleyes:
New York? nah~ Looks like Vancouver without a pokemon center. 8)

Gligar_Man
14th June 2003, 01:47 AM
id go back to scotland... and i probably will someday

nightcrow
14th June 2003, 01:49 AM
The US o' A :D.. and to think, I'll probably be the only one to say that :\

But who cares, that wish is coming true in as early as January :D whoot whoot!

Fishchicken
14th June 2003, 04:56 AM
i'd go back to Atlantic City,New Jersey.

midnightangel
14th June 2003, 05:15 AM
If I chose to remain in the US, I would move to Colorado or Washington state, mostly because both places are really beautiful and I could use a break from the hot, humid weather, lol

If I moved out of the country--I would either move to one of three places:

Italy--I have lived in this country for a couple of years and I feel very partial to it because of the rich history and the interesting sites.

Japan--I've always wanted to see this country up close for its culture and its food.

And to quote Cyndaquil
--I can watch pokémon non-dubbed--
For me it would mean watching all my favorite anime in the format it should be~~undubbed and unedited, as well as watching anime that they will never show in the US

Austria--I have heard that this a beautiful country to visit (from a reliable source) and would like to see it once, and if I like it there, maybe live permanently ;)

Felis
15th June 2003, 03:06 AM
Italy would be nice.
i've been there three times but i want to move there permanently. there are interesting places and its so differend from Finland where i've always lived (except small visits to other countries).
..but i'd only going to miss my boyfriend. :(
but maybe some day we could move there together.:D

Silver Ledian
15th June 2003, 08:59 AM
If something happened that would result in my family having to move, my first place to go would simple be somewhere else in Ireland. I wouldn't move from Ireland because it's my home country and I think it's a great place to live...there's nothing I don't like about it really. But if I had to go somewhere else I'd probably move to Spain:

1) because I've been there before and it's brilliant
2) because I'd know Spanish... :D
3) because Spain appeals to me more than France/Germany etc.

I wouldn't move to the U.S. or Australia or anything, simply because I'd be too afraid of all the disasters likely to happen there and because of the scary animals :O

Real One Barunson
15th June 2003, 04:08 PM
I lived in Japan, >seriously<, my dad was in the USAF so we got to move there. And I wish I could go there again. Fruck, I want to join the military and live in Japan again :mad:!

Sheik
16th June 2003, 10:29 AM
If your family (or if your living by yourself) decides to move away from where you are living now, because of some disaster or business problems. Which country/place would you want to live in, and why?

I would go to Montana, Wyoming, or some other place in the Rockies, because that is beautiful country. It doesn't get extremely hot, and I like it there.

Kireihana52
16th June 2003, 08:21 PM
I would love to live in Japan. That would be great. You could get all the anime and video games that would never in a million years be released in the conservative U.S. I mean, they edit out all kinds of crap. In Umjammer Lammy, one of the levels was supposed to be when she died and went to hell, and they changed it to an "island" XD. Mmm..and I can't even count the amount of blood that was edited in DBZ episodes. And banning an episode of pokemon because it included guns? How stupid can they get?

Enough of that, though. Japan has very pretty cities and buildings. And most people in Japan don't think of cartoons and video games as something that kids just grow out of. *shrug* Since this whole pokemon phase in '98 I've been fascinated with Japanese culture. I hate that I'll probably never go there. Maybe I can start saving up money now and by the time I'm 50 I can vacation there. ;P

~Bethany

ArCaN1NeX
16th June 2003, 10:24 PM
I'd move to Japan without a doubt. I've always wanted to live there because I'm really interested in their culture, customs, and way of life. I also own a big collection of un-dubbed anime, so I'd make friends real quick. And I've always wanted to see what those cherry blossoms really look like up close...