PDA

View Full Version : Jessies Likitung?

Red Gyrados Trainer
14th June 2003, 11:54 AM
This may sound like a stupid question, i probly missed something but what happened to jesses likitung?

*Murkrow
14th June 2003, 11:58 AM
She accidentally traded it for Wobbuffet, in, um, I can't remember the episode name^_^
Um, might have been 'Tricks of the Trade' or something like that:confused:

Gravy
14th June 2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah, you're right sneaselh, it was that episode. lol, ash really made a mistake not trading his Tauros for it. He does have about 30:rolleyes:
Likitung for Wobbufett? Best trade ever!

Rei_Zero
14th June 2003, 12:33 PM
Well, it probably was only his strongest tauros, the most experienced one, and the one that he probably used for the Orange Islands. Now, does anyone think that Ash will become one of em cowboys once his pokemon training carreer is over?

Gravy
14th June 2003, 12:41 PM
He could have at least got some of his other Tauros to trade. Think of all the new pokemon he could have obtained:rolleyes:
lol, I can see it now: The Ketchum Ranch just outside of Route 113. 'Git along, little pokemon!'

Red Gyrados Trainer
14th June 2003, 02:36 PM
Oh so thats what happened! thanks, and thats how she got wobbufet!

Misty
14th June 2003, 02:45 PM
I think the people who wanted to train wanted THAT Tauros, not some random Tauros... I mean, as far as they know, his other Tauros might have been level 5 babies. And even if they weren't, how would they know that the other ones compared to the one that won the contest?

Gravy
14th June 2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Misty
I think the people who wanted to train wanted THAT Tauros, not some random Tauros... I mean, as far as they know, his other Tauros might have been level 5 babies. And even if they weren't, how would they know that the other ones compared to the one that won the contest?

True. But I'd suspect that all his Tauros are roughly the same strenth, seeing as they have never been trained and are always together as a herd.

Bacl
14th June 2003, 03:41 PM
Well, IMHO "Tricks of the Trade" was one of the best Pokemon episodes.

And I agree, it was a BIG mistake for Ash not to trade one of his other Tauros to Benny for Wobbuffet. While all the other traders got excited after watching Ash win the Tauros contest, and wanted that specific Tauros, Benny wanted to trade Wobbuffet for ANYTHING. I think at one point he was excited over possibly tading it for a Stantler and then a Hoothoot. If that doesn't stink of desperation, i don't know what does (understandable. Imagine ONLY having a Wobbuffet on your team. Oy!)

Yeah, Jessie did get a good trade, but that poor Wobbuffet! ;)

I do miss Likitung, and wouldn't it be nice if we bumped into Benny again and got to see how well Likitung was doing? It would be real funny if Benny challenged Ash, and Likitung clobbered Pikachu. Jessie would be kicking herself. And I'd love to Wobbuffet's reaction to seeing it's Original Trainer again.

Chris 2.1
14th June 2003, 04:11 PM
I reckon Benny SECRETLY hated Wobb coming out his ball so he decided to try and trade it! Heh, i can dream...

I missed this episode, I'd love to see it though! Oh well.

AKA Pokemon Fan
14th June 2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
True. But I'd suspect that all his Tauros are roughly the same strenth, seeing as they have never been trained and are always together as a herd.
Well given that in the episode where his Pokemon said hello to him over the phone there was only one Tauros, I suspect the one that Ash uses is the same one every time. Its probably the leader of the herd by now.

In any event, we mustn't blame Ash. Its the producers that wanted Wobbuffet traded to Jessie.:D

Hanada Tattsu
14th June 2003, 11:50 PM
Yeah, Benny traded his Wobuffet for Lickitung.

I miss Jessie's Lickitung. Jessie never realized its true power. She would usually abuse it.

Gravy
15th June 2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Bacl
Yeah, Jessie did get a good trade, but that poor Wobbuffet! ;)
I do miss Likitung, and wouldn't it be nice if we bumped into Benny again and got to see how well Likitung was doing? It would be real funny if Benny challenged Ash, and Likitung clobbered Pikachu. Jessie would be kicking herself. And I'd love to Wobbuffet's reaction to seeing it's Original Trainer again.

Yeah, I'd love to see that. Although I don't think Benny treated it very well, seeing as it was pretty quiet when in his company. But, thats just my opinion.
Although, by now he may have traded Likitung at another trade event, seeing as he always likes to try battling with a different pokemon each year.
I would have prefered if Jessie could have had both pokemon though, seeing as Likitung wasn't used too often, and we rarely saw any of its moves apart from lick, supersonic and stomp.
lol, remember Princess day?;) A great day for Likitung, even though it was captured out of anger.

Well given that in the episode where his Pokemon said hello to him over the phone there was only one Tauros, I suspect the one that Ash uses is the same one every time. Its probably the leader of the herd by now.

Ah, good point. The leader usually is the strongest ^_^0
But, as Bacl said, he wanted anything:rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
15th June 2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I think Benny might have abused Wobuffet and put strict rules on it. When it got under Jessie's belt, it found out that all Jessie does when it misbehaves is say "Get back in your ball you blob" or something like that.

Bacl
15th June 2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Yeah, I think Benny might have abused Wobuffet and put strict rules on it. When it got under Jessie's belt, it found out that all Jessie does when it misbehaves is say "Get back in your ball you blob" or something like that.

I don't know. I think that given the choice of Benny as a trainer and Jessie as a trainer, Wobbuffet would proobly choose benny. I'm sure he was "strict" but that's what being a trainer is all about. At least Benny FED Wobbuffet. Jessie is mean to it, and gives no second thought to using it as a Wobbuffet-shield to block, oh say a Dragonite's hyperbeam. That's like if someone starts shooting at you and you shield yourself with your child. In Wobbuffet's case lets say mildly retarded child, but child none the less.

Hanada Tattsu
15th June 2003, 10:25 AM
I don't know. I think that given the choice of Benny as a trainer and Jessie as a trainer, Wobbuffet would proobly choose benny. I'm sure he was "strict" but that's what being a trainer is all about. At least Benny FED Wobbuffet. Jessie is mean to it, and gives no second thought to using it as a Wobbuffet-shield to block, oh say a Dragonite's hyperbeam. That's like if someone starts shooting at you and you shield yourself with your child. In Wobbuffet's case lets say mildly retarded child, but child none the less.

Yeah, but Wobuffet loves Jessie. I don't think he felt the same way for Benny as he feels for Jessie.

Osiris
15th June 2003, 12:50 PM
Likitung is One Of My Favorite Pokemon!!!

I hate Wobbuffet....

The only episode in wich a Likitung appear after "Tricks Of The Trade" was in "Ring Masters".....

I wish it appeared more in the Anime, although is rare pokemon....

Gravy
15th June 2003, 03:14 PM
lol, I'm all for likitung coming back, but don't diss Wobba;)
You have to admit, Wobbufett has added alot more character to TR than Likitung ever did, which is kinda surprising, as likitung had alot of running gag potential.

Yeah, but Wobuffet loves Jessie. I don't think he felt the same way for Benny as he feels for Jessie.

Yes, thats a good point. I think Wobbufett feels 'free' now that its with Jessie, and believes that he's a part of something (even if that something is an evil organisation, plotting to take over the world ). Benny probably was a little too strict towards Wobba, so now he's got it a little easier, he feels he can do whatever he wants.

At least Benny FED Wobbuffet. Jessie is mean to it, and gives no second thought to using it as a Wobbuffet-shield to block, oh say a Dragonite's hyperbeam. That's like if someone starts shooting at you and you shield yourself with your child. In Wobbuffet's case lets say mildly retarded child, but child none the less.

Really? I never saw him feed it? And Jessie has given Wobbufett its fair share of onigiri, milk and fruit throughout its time with Team Rocket.
You do make an interesting point about the way Jessie uses him as a sheild. But, then again, Wobbufett IS a pokemon, and is naturally supposed to fight in that fashion. My theory is that Jessie seeks refuage using Wobba as a shield, because she knows what its capable of.

Bacl
15th June 2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
Really? I never saw him feed it? And Jessie has given Wobbufett its fair share of onigiri, milk and fruit throughout its time with Team Rocket.
You do make an interesting point about the way Jessie uses him as a sheild. But, then again, Wobbufett IS a pokemon, and is naturally supposed to fight in that fashion. My theory is that Jessie seeks refuage using Wobba as a shield, because she knows what its capable of.

Well, we didn't actually see him FEED it, but unless you want to assume that the whole "good trainer" thing about Benny was a lie, I think it is safe to assume he did not mistreat Wobbuffet, and that he certainly gave it food to eat.

I don't know that I've ever seen Jessie give Wobbuffet Onigiri (nor milk or fruit). When was that? I remember Wobbuffet found apples for Team Rocket one time, but not the other way around.

In the episode with the Psychic Ninetails we saw Wobbuffet starving to death at the begining (yeah TR was starving to death too, but Jessie just yelled at Wobbuffet and didn't seem to care that it probobly hadn't eaten in weeks).

I like TR as much as the next guy (or gal) but they ain't good trainers. If Jessie knew how to train Wobbuffet she'd use Counter and Mirror Coat every episode. When she threw Wobbuffet in front of her she didn't even order a Counter attack, she just said "You get in front for a change." In other words, you take the hit instead of me. Lovely woman. :rolleyes:

I also remember an episode where Jessie called out Arbok and rather nastily ordered it to go make itself useful by finding them something to eat. I get the feeling behavior like that is commonplace for Team Rocket. Do you think Arbok gets first choice of the food it finds, or leftover scraps?

Benny did appear to be strict, but also kind and caring, and I'm positive Wobbuffet ate better with Benny for a trainer.

Gravy
16th June 2003, 10:11 AM
I don't know that I've ever seen Jessie give Wobbuffet Onigiri (nor milk or fruit). When was that? I remember Wobbuffet found apples for Team Rocket one time, but not the other way around.

Well, Wobbufett has been seen with food and onigiri quite a few times...I'll have to re-watch a few episodes though to verify it for you. Milk: She gave him some in the episode where Phanpy hatched. And fruit....erm, I think I got it mixed around ^_^0 heh heh, sorry.

Hmmm...I can see your point about Jessie being a below-average trainer, but theres no denying that she has shown passion(rarely) for her pokemon, for example, giving Arbok support in 'Lights, Camera, Quacktion!', and being relived at Ekan's safe return in 'Island of the giant pokemon'. Hell, she's even worried about Wobbufett a couple of times eg The Wayward Wobbuffet (although even then, she was concerned mainly about the key around its neck).So she is indeeed deep down....make that VERY deep down, a good trainer.

But, there's no denying that Wobbufett loves Jessie more than Benny. Its always happy when its around her, although I couldn't imagine why. Its also become more lively since it joined her team of pokemon. So, for some reason, it must enjoy being with her more than its previous trainer.

Benny...well, I'm still not convinced that he was too kind to Wobbufett, seeing as Wobba was way too quiet around him. But, then again, it could have been a little depressed that Benny wanted to trade him away.

*Murkrow
16th June 2003, 10:37 AM
Shesh gravy, essay:rolleyes: Lol.
Just cos a Pokés quiet doesn't mean that it dooesn't have a good trainer.Personally, I think that it'd prefer being with Benny than Jessie, somehow I don't think that it'd get blasted off quite as much as it does now.
But hey, if it'd stayed with Benny, then it wouldn't have joined TR, and they'd never have gotten one of their best Pokés.Although they could treat it a little better.:rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
16th June 2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah, but Wobuffet is prolly Jessie's favorite Pokemon right now. She doesn't show love for Seviper, and well, Dustox might change this, but I know she loves Wobba deep down, kinda like Misty and Psyduck (but even though Horsea's her favorite) ;)

AKA Pokemon Fan
17th June 2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Yeah, but Wobuffet is prolly Jessie's favorite Pokemon right now. She doesn't show love for Seviper, and well, Dustox might change this, but I know she loves Wobba deep down, kinda like Misty and Psyduck (but even though Horsea's her favorite) ;)
I agree she loves Wobbuffet deep down but I wouldn't say she never shows love toward Seviper.

http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/pokejello01/images/ag13.57.jpg
Here she is hugging it after it lost at the Pokemon Contest.

Bacl
17th June 2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
I agree she loves Wobbuffet deep down but I wouldn't say she never shows love toward Seviper.

http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/pokejello01/images/ag13.57.jpg
Here she is hugging it after it lost at the Pokemon Contest.

Holy heck! That thing is big. I've seen a shot (wish I knew where it was) with Seviper, Wobbuffet, Cacnea, and Meowth all dancing around together, and Seviper is nowhere near that big. Weird.

Gravy
17th June 2003, 12:34 PM
lol, yeah, it does look quite big there, but don't forget, its body is usually pressed together like a concetina(sp?) so it makes sence it would be bigger when its outstretched a little.

Hanada Tattsu
17th June 2003, 06:41 PM
I think that's the ending number fourteen, all of the Pokemon are dancing together, and Seviper is much smaller compared to that pic. And thanks for the pic. :D

Bacl
17th June 2003, 08:38 PM
Besides Princess vs. Princess (which I just saw for the very first time today! Hooray!) was Likitung ever even seen prior to the Johto season? Sadly I have a few gaps in seasons one and two (small gaps, but gaps none the less).

Hanada Tattsu
17th June 2003, 10:16 PM
Besides Princess vs. Princess (which I just saw for the very first time today! Hooray!) was Likitung ever even seen prior to the Johto season? Sadly I have a few gaps in seasons one and two (small gaps, but gaps none the less).

Yeah, we see Lickitung quite a lot in the Orange League. I don't think we see both Lickitung for the remainder of Kanto though.

Nikku-San
23rd June 2003, 10:26 PM
Wow, that is one BIG Poké! Honestly, I think Jessie is an okay trainer, just a bit self-centered. Besides, she KNEW the attack wouldn't hurt Wobbuffet.

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 11:24 PM
I don't think Benny was very nice to Wobuffet. He didn't give it freedom, as I said. I don't think he was acting like Herr Hitler and throwing it in a concentration camp (ignore that) but he wasn't very warm to it. Jessie isn't either, but at least she kind of lets Wobuffet do as it pleases.