PDA

View Full Version : These stuff is rare, man

Roarkiller
18th December 2002, 02:42 AM
:D :yes: 8) :wave:

Heh, heh, i juz bought myself 3 items that i thought would never be seen in my country. One of them was the original japanese Kiki's Delivery Service Image Album (not soundtrack). There were also the hi-tech as well as the vocal album, but im not splurging yet. Mind u, these were out in 1989, so imagine how hard it is to get them, even the reprints (reprinted about 6 yrs ago i think). The other 2 is a 2-part manga series, Mimi wo Sumaseba, which was printed 92 and 95. From what i heard, the stuff i bought r hard to find even in japan itself.

Juz to start a discussion, r there anything u guys have/want that is like almost extinct or almost impossible to find?

Last Exile
18th December 2002, 05:51 AM
Getting the 3rd Pokemon movie on video in Australia wasn't easy, but I found it eventually. I also was able to get The Castle Of Count Cagliostro, an anime movie made back in 1980, a real classic. And a few days ago I found a copy of Final Fantasy for $5.95 AUS, which was a steal.

RedStarWarrior
18th December 2002, 02:10 PM
Where did you find them, Roarkiller? I have been looking for Kiki's Delivery Service and have yet to find anything in the stores near me.

Roarkiller
19th December 2002, 04:13 AM
I thought that Lupin movie was made in 1979? Btw, that's ghibli-made, so it should be worth smthng.

MC: Sorry, i live in singapore. Actually, i got it from HMV, my main store has a small section for anime soundtrack. They still got one more copy of sen to chihiro soundtrack, but its Mimi wo Sumaseba im looking for.

Btw, juz so u know, eBay has a few auctions u could try. And the current bid is much cheaper than the price i paid. By about $7 no less.

And juz to make u guyz jealous, im listening to the CD now. Hee hee... but i really want Mimi wo Sumaseba. The music is sooooooooo niiiiiiiiiice.........

Ninetales3001
19th December 2002, 05:14 AM
My friend bought a really rare boxset of Escaflowne tapes over ebay for $25US O_O!! that's a wicked deal.

i had a hard time finding the Escaflowne DVD boxset... like out of the 10 stores in the lower mainland (and prolly BC, Canada) that would have the chance to have these in stock, and the one closest to me has it.. ^^;

And even though this isn't anime related, Para Para Paradise VCDs are really hard to find... but i was able to find PPP2, 3 and 7 at my local asian import music store.. :D They're getting PPP4 in too.. *drool*

Ashi-chan
19th December 2002, 09:48 PM
Simple.

Kikuchi Masami solo album "Natural."

But it's ancient (I mean '91 ancient!), and it didn't really sell that well in Japan (sniff sniff), so I bet it'd be MONDO hard ta get a hold of. Muuy... Why...?!

Roarkiller
22nd December 2002, 06:10 AM
This is a bit off topic, but here's my dilemma:

The hi-tech album has the same songs as those in the image album. In fact, the only real difference is that the songs r slightly longer and of higher quality.

My problem is whther to buy it or not. Cuz for collection's sake, its obviously worth it but for practicality, its useless. Opinions? Im going to get the vocal album maybe next week, if no one bought the last one yet.

youdontknowme
22nd December 2002, 11:28 AM
The hardest thing that i wanted was Legend of Mana for ps2 and none of the stores i went to had it. So i had to order it online :rolleyes:. It came with free first class mail thing.

BloodStain
31st December 2002, 04:10 PM
if you think you guys had it bad then try living in ireland. i mean cities are fine but rural ireand is the worst. there is nothing anywhere and trying to but games is even worse

Real One Barunson
1st January 2003, 11:52 PM
I got a MasterGrade Neue Ziel model and they had it in K-Mart. Man there was only 1 in the store and the model people say its ultra hard to find I am a little lucky boy:yes:

Eyedolize
2nd January 2003, 04:13 AM
Once I tried looking for FFVII for PSX in almost every store, and man, it was hard for me to find it. So then, basically I went to my dad and told him if I could get the game from the Internet, and he said it was okay. Then, 4 days later I got my game and was very happy :)
For some reason, I don't know why it was difficult for me to find that game.

Roarkiller
2nd January 2003, 07:26 AM
I juz got another manga by Hiiragi Aoi that was made into the movie The Cat Returns, or Neko no Ongaeshi.

Oh, and i bought Kiki's vocal album at the same time too :D Now im looking for the book Kiki was based and its sequels. U know, the english version will be out in Feb 1st, but the cover is seriously putting me off, so japanese for me.