PDA

View Full Version : what pokemon will evolve from ash, may and brock

pokemon man
14th June 2003, 10:12 PM
may has had torchic and it will evolve in to a combusken. and brock lotad will be a lombre

Hanada Tattsu
14th June 2003, 11:48 PM
I say that Ash's Taillow will evolve into Swellow. Then, he will leave it, kinda like Pidgeot. His Treecko will evovle one stage into Grovyle, so it can show off Leaf Blade. Corphish will evolve into Crawdaunt, and be Ash's main Pokemon.

May's Torchic will evolve into Combusken, since it's kinda cute factorish and tough at the same time. I think Beautifly will eventually leave.

Brock's Forretress will leave very soon, I believe. I think Brock's Lotad will evolve once into Lombre and also into Ludicolo. It will be his main powerhouse. Mudkip will evolve once into Marshtomp, but stay in that form.

Bacl
15th June 2003, 10:12 AM
It's not like we don't know *what* Taillow is going to evolve into. Imagine if it could evolve into anything.

"Ash! Your Taillow is evolving!"

"Cool! It eveolved into a Pidgeotto! Now if Treeko would just evolve into a Bulbasaur I'd have a cool team again."

::ducks::

Hanada Tattsu
15th June 2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Bacl
It's not like we don't know *what* Taillow is going to evolve into. Imagine if it could evolve into anything.

"Ash! Your Taillow is evolving!"

"Cool! It eveolved into a Pidgeotto! Now if Treeko would just evolve into a Bulbasaur I'd have a cool team again."

::ducks::

LOL, well I wish it would happen. Corphish could evolve into Squirtle. :D

*Murkrow
16th June 2003, 12:35 PM
Umm I reckon,
Ash
Treecko>Grovyle
Taillow>Swellow
Corpish-don't know about this guy

Brock
Mudkip>Marshtomp
Lotad>Lombre

May
Torchic>Cumbusken

I can't really see any Pokés leaving just yet, especially May's, becuase that would leave her with what?One Pokémon?Even if I've missed one out, then the idea of a trainer having one/two Pokés just sounds rather dull, the same ones would be used in battle over, and over, and over again.Even if they have faves who they use most of the time, at least there would be a larger choice.At least, thats my view on it.:yes:

Hanada Tattsu
16th June 2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Sneasel(h)Obsessive
Umm I reckon,
Ash
Treecko>Grovyle
Taillow>Swellow
Corpish-don't know about this guy

Brock
Mudkip>Marshtomp
Lotad>Lombre

May
Torchic>Cumbusken

I can't really see any Pokés leaving just yet, especially May's, becuase that would leave her with what?One Pokémon?Even if I've missed one out, then the idea of a trainer having one/two Pokés just sounds rather dull, the same ones would be used in battle over, and over, and over again.Even if they have faves who they use most of the time, at least there would be a larger choice.At least, thats my view on it.:yes:

They can catch more Pokemon, AG has just started. No one knows what the writers have in store for us, XD.

OpOp32
19th June 2003, 03:32 PM
Here are what i think on evolutions for AG-

I really dont see Corphish evolving...its big enough and I think they'll keep it that way...I even think they'll keep Treecko like he is...Bulbasaur never evolved and then Chikorita did so it will be hard to decide. Then you have to factor in the other pokemon he had. He always had all three starters and one would evolve, but now he only has one so it makes it even more impossible to make a hypothesis.

If one of Ash's pokemon does evolve I will have to agree with Hannada Tattsu about Taillow becoming a Swellow. That one would actually make the most sense because of power and becuase Ash has always had a second stage flyer. But we might not see Swellow till much later in the season.

The only Pokemon I think that May will have evolve is Torchic mabye and then a Pokemon she'll catch later in the season. Because of May's personality I don't see Torchic evolving but it's possible.

I then have to refer back to what I said about Ash having three starters. ONE always evolved. And only one, and the same mite happen in AG except that Ash doesn't own all three...for I don't see Mudkip becoming a Marshtomp either. Mabye they'll not have Treecko and Torchic evolve and have it be Mudkip, or Mudkip and Treecko wont evolve and it will be Torchic, or mabye Mudkip and Torchic will stay and Treecko will evolve. Either way I think they'll follow suit of the previous seasons and only have one starter evolve. We'll just have to see.

And if I had to chose one starter to evolve I would say it would be Torchic. Although it seems unlikely, I see Brock getting a powerful Mudkip and Ludicolo and ash having a Swellow and mabye a Crawdaunt (maaaabbbyyyyeee). But mabye Ash will leave Swellow like he did Pidgeot and then have another evolve (that worked with Pidgeot and Charizard, and it could work like with Kingler).

And I'll now refer to my choices for Brock. Like mentioned, I think his Mudkip will stay and his Lotad will become a powerful Ludicolo. It fits perfectly I believe to have one pokemon in the series evolve twice...considering they didn't have one in Johto but to see a third stage come from a caught and trained first stage again would be beautiful.

I have to say people are making to many guesses. The creators of the Anime have NEVER had that many pokemon that people caught evolve. There were like three in the first season. There was Charizard, Kingler, Butterfree, and Pidgeot (so more then three). We've seen the butterfree imitation with wurmple, and if my guesses are correct the Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard thing will be matched by Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo. I think Taillow will become Swellow (Pidgeotto/Pidgeot), but I don't think we'll see a Krabby/Kingler repeat with Corphish/Crawdaunt unless Swellow leaves before the evolution. Then it would be just like the first season (o yay...). But you all say that "Oh, Everyone will evolve!!!" for so far every post has predicted every caught pokemon in the anime so far will evolve...uh uh...the likelyhood of that happening is very low.

So here is a sum up of my guesses.

Ash-
Taillow-Swellow
(If the Swellow leaves first) Corphish-Crawduant
(mabye) Treecko-Grovyle
Pikachu

May-
(mabye) Torchic-Combusken
Beautifly
(possibly a pokemon caught in the future)

Brock-
Lotad-Lombre-Ludicolo
(mabye) Mudkip-Marshtomp
Forretress

Op

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 04:27 PM
Here's what I think of the Lotad-Lombre-Ludicolo evolution line.

Brock's Lotad has a sleepy nature. When Brock calls it out, it's usually very lazy and snoozing. It's attacks are not very well recieved, and it is weak, mainy because it is lazy. If Lotad evolves into Lombre, it will act the same. However, once and if it evolves into Ludicolo, it will become hyper, strong, and Brock's main powerhouse for the season.

Rei_Zero
19th June 2003, 08:55 PM
I doubt lotad will evolve all the way, as the writers have never bestowed Brock with pokemon stronger than Ash's. Also, u need to judge character of the pokemon, as which one will most likely want to evolve. Remember Bulbasaur proud being a bulbasaur? He could have evolved, and Ash might have a Venusaur right now. And pikachu too. And then there is Pigeot/Bayleaf, both who evolved on the basis of a need to do good. Personally, I see Treeko as the one evolving, because it has the will to get stronger, and I know from all its effort, that it can accomplish anything it wants, like learning slam.

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
I doubt lotad will evolve all the way, as the writers have never bestowed Brock with pokemon stronger than Ash's. Also, u need to judge character of the pokemon, as which one will most likely want to evolve. Remember Bulbasaur proud being a bulbasaur? He could have evolved, and Ash might have a Venusaur right now. And pikachu too. And then there is Pigeot/Bayleaf, both who evolved on the basis of a need to do good. Personally, I see Treeko as the one evolving, because it has the will to get stronger, and I know from all its effort, that it can accomplish anything it wants, like learning slam.

Yeah, but Lotad will not stay a Lotad. If it does not evolve all the way, it will at least evolve into a Lombre. 'Cause Lotad just does not suit Brock. Lombre kinda does, but Ludicolo does even more.

Nevermore
23rd June 2003, 03:34 PM
Why would Swellow, if it evolves, leave? Why would they want to repeat what happened with Pidgeot? From everything I've heard, the Advanced season is supposed to be very different from the previous seasons, I don't know why they'd want to do the same thing over again. And Swellow isn't an enormous, strong Pokemon like Pidgeot or Charizard - it's fairly small, about the same size as Pidgeotto. I think Taillow will evolve, but he'll keep it.

I hope Treecko evolves, but just one stage: Grovyle is beautiful, but Sceptile is not. It'd be nice if Ash had a Pokemon I actually like.

May's Torchic better not evolve (too cute!) and her Beautifly better not leave. I'm still kind of traumatised after finding out what really happened to Butterfree (even though I was never really that attached to it) - let's see a little Bug Pokemon live a long and happy life with its trainer over many episodes! The same goes for Jesse's Dustox.

I think Brock's Lotad will probably evolve all the way. Ludicolo is too big a ridiculous-looking opportunity for the writers to pass up; I'm sure it'll have some quirk that is funny for the first few episodes but gets annoying fast. I don't think Mudkip will evolve, but given the new territory the series is covering, who knows? Maybe all of the starters will evolve all of the way. Since each character only has one starter each, this wouldn't overpower their teams (unlike previous seasons).

Bottom line: Beautifly and Swellow (and Dustox) - leave 'em alone!

Kojiro
23rd June 2003, 03:44 PM
I hope we see Lucidolo!

He is in the second ending of Pokemon Advance generations and all the other pokemon in the ending are AMBJJ.

Lucidolo will probably do the hat dance everytime he comes out!

I really hope Torchic evolvesd into Blaziken because she is so cool!

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Kojiro
I hope we see Lucidolo!

He is in the second ending of Pokemon Advance generations and all the other pokemon in the ending are AMBJJ.

Lucidolo will probably do the hat dance everytime he comes out!

I really hope Torchic evolvesd into Blaziken because she is so cool!

Well, Lotad is in that ending too, so the Ludicolo is just there for design, at least, AFAIK.

Gravy
23rd June 2003, 04:47 PM
I expect Lotad will fully evolve pretty soon. Lodicolo seems to be a popular pokemon over in Japan, and I can understand why. lol, such a cool lilly pad / kappa hybrid ^_^

I hope that Torchic doesn't evolve. As much as Combusken is my 3rd most favourite pokemon, I still don't think it would be right for it to evolve. I have a feeling people will become attatched to Torchic.

Beautifly won't leave I'm pretty sure. Haruka0-chan needs it if she's going to have a sort of rivalry with Jessie and Dustox.

treecko, I can honestly say, I can't see evolving. It reminds me of Bulbasaur in a way, and will be too proud to want to evolve, so it can become the strongest Treecko that ever lived or summinc like that. Then again, it could want to evolve to become stronger....

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 05:37 PM
Well, I have this crazy idea that May's Beautifly and Jessie's Dustox will mate, kinda like how Ash's Butterfree mated with the Pink Butterfree.

JazzJazz
23rd June 2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Well, I have this crazy idea that May's Beautifly and Jessie's Dustox will mate, kinda like how Ash's Butterfree mated with the Pink Butterfree.

That is crazy and I'm sorry, Hanada, but I doubt it'll happen.

Rei_Zero
23rd June 2003, 11:25 PM
I don't think Treeko is particularly proud to be a treeko, just proud to be itself, and I'm pretty sure if Brock gets a Ludicolo, Ash will get something stronger...

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
That is crazy and I'm sorry, Hanada, but I doubt it'll happen.

Hey it could happen? Why not? I mean they kinda do make a good couple, don't they?

Also, I'm sure Ash will get a Grovyle if not a Sceptile. Treecko will evolve for sure.

Gravy
25th June 2003, 04:02 PM
Hey it could happen? Why not? I mean they kinda do make a good couple, don't they?

Also, I'm sure Ash will get a Grovyle if not a Sceptile. Treecko will evolve for sure.

lol, I was thinking exactly the same thing about the bug pokemon. I could be a kind of Romeo and Juliet senario, Dustox and Beautifly fall deeply in love, but Haruka-chan and Jessie hate the idea. and try their best to keep them apart.

I'm still not sure about Treecko evolving though. I can't see it happening, but at the same time I can...lol, pretty confusing eh?

Hanada Tattsu
25th June 2003, 11:43 PM
Yeah, and eventually Jessie and May come to terms and let their Beautifly and Dustox love and mate, which, after 6 years, finally brings Team Rocket and Team Twerp together.

Gravy
26th June 2003, 04:57 AM
lol, I think you're letting your imagination run a little too wild there. I can't see the two groups coming together. If they do decide to, it'll probably turn into a 'capture Pikachu' trap or summinc.
Then again, the bugs might not stay to long. Maybe they just run off with each other.

Entropy
26th June 2003, 06:16 AM

I have the same chance of making an appearance on the anime.

Hanada Tattsu
26th June 2003, 09:35 AM
Fine, then. When it does happen on the show, you'll all send apologies to 'the great one', and I'll just laugh in your faces. j/k :P

Entropy
26th June 2003, 12:19 PM
Received. When I meet up with Ash, Brock, May and her brother, I mention you, ok Hanada? I'll even put a plug in for TPM.

Hanada Tattsu
26th June 2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
Received. When I meet up with Ash, Brock, May and her brother, I mention you, ok Hanada? I'll even put a plug in for TPM.

LOL, when I turn out to be right, I'm gonna make you right that sentence 50 times, plus 20 times extra credit. :P

j/k, We're joking right? right? right...? :D

Entropy
26th June 2003, 12:33 PM
No, not at all. I'll play messenger and declare to Ashy-boy that Misty is his true destined love. I mean, we all believe that, right? Then we can all accept that May will be Brock and her little brother will be left in the dust. End of story.

Kojiro
26th June 2003, 12:39 PM
Hey I am already I am like James!:P

Hanada Tattsu
26th June 2003, 12:41 PM
Yes, we all believe that Ash and Misty shall be together forever. Of course, May and Brock do make a quite good couple, but how about Masato and Pikachu hook up? :D

Gravy
26th June 2003, 12:53 PM
Yes, we all believe that Ash and Misty shall be together forever. Of course, May and Brock do make a quite good couple, but how about Masato and Pikachu hook up? :D

Masato...Pikachu?! *grabs a nearby waste basket and throws up in it*

Hanada Tattsu
26th June 2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
Masato...Pikachu?! *grabs a nearby waste basket and throws up in it*

Yeah, and we can't forget about Jessie and James of course, those two are bound to hook up.

Okay, I'll stop now, I don't want to make this shippy.

Gravy
26th June 2003, 01:13 PM
Yeah, and we can't forget about Jessie and James of course, those two are bound to hook up.

Okay, I'll stop now, I don't want to make this shippy.

Jessie and James? Maybe, although I don't think its too likely. Can't blame me if I'm not a Rocketshipper.
And yes, once again you're starting to change a thread into a shippy one.:rolleyes:

So...what were we talking about again?.....oh yes, evolutions.
Erm....Corphish won't evolve....hey, I had to say something:rolleyes:

Rei_Zero
26th June 2003, 01:15 PM
Hardknock back into reality guys. What if Ash says I used to like Misty but I don't anymore?? What would Misty do to you guys?

BTW Corpish SHALL....EVOLVE!!! I think it will because I feel that Ash's pokemon will evolve more often now that May can hold the cute spotlight. GO MAY ^^

Gravy
26th June 2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
BTW Corpish SHALL....EVOLVE!!! I think it will because I feel that Ash's pokemon will evolve more often now that May can hold the cute spotlight. GO MAY ^^

I'll leave the whole Misty thing to Hanada:rolleyes:
Anyways, I really can't see Corphish evolving. I dunno, I just don't see the writers giving Ash a dark type pokemon. Then again, they could evolve it, and just push the fact that its a dark type into the background, which I would suspect to be more than likely.
*Waves a giant Haruka-chan flag* GO HARUKA-CHAN!:P

Hanada Tattsu
26th June 2003, 02:47 PM
Heh, at least Misty knew how to battle. It kinda aggiravated me how May would always mess up on battling.

GO KASUMI-CHAN! *waves flag with Misty and Horsea on it*

Well, Crawdaunt will use dark attacks, so what? Ash needs a strong Pokemon anyway.

ArCaN1NeX
26th June 2003, 10:58 PM
I really hope May's Torchic evolves into Combusken and later into Blaziken. Then I'll get to see my favorite Pokemon in action. :D But I doubt it will. I just can't see May using a Pokemon like Blaziken in a battle.

Hanada Tattsu
27th June 2003, 11:29 AM
Misty forever! *Still Waving Misty Flag*

Heh, I wish May's Torchic will evolve all the way, so it can use Blaze Kick on her all the time, LOL.

Gravy
27th June 2003, 11:41 AM
Haruka-chan forever! *Fractically waves the giant flag*

Why does everyone like Blaziken so much?! Geez, I hate that thing. Combusken's much better in my book (and no, its not because its my fave fire type:rolleyes: )

DannyBoy
27th June 2003, 11:48 AM
I hope Mays Torchic stays Torchic, I personally don't like any of its evolvutions. I hope Brocks mudkip evovles into a Swampert though because it would be awsome. Then ash would have his Treecko evolve all the way to. The i think Corphish will evolve along with Taillow. for Brock he will end up with Lombre and if he catchs anymore I don't think they will evolve.

Hanada Tattsu
28th June 2003, 12:50 AM
Kasumi-Chan! YAY! *buys six more large flags and waves them in Gravy's face*

I think that Sealeo was just suited for Brock. He really deserves to have them, they're really good Pokemon for him, I think.

Gravy
28th June 2003, 12:36 PM
More flags? Is that all you got? * Sends in a parade celebrating Haruka-chan....with big flags of course:rolleyes:* Yay for Haruka-chan!

Brock with Swampert? Possibly, although I can't really picture him with one, even though he did have Onix before. I can see him with Ludicolo though, mainly because its a popular pokemon ^_^0
I would be surprised if Torchic [b]did[/d] evolve, but if it did I wouldn't like to see Blaziken around...I hate that thing ¬_¬0

Hanada Tattsu
28th June 2003, 09:42 PM
A parade? Heh, I can't stop laughing. *Sends in five thousand soldiers marching, each of them holding huge flags with Misty on them, there is also a pedastal with Misty sitting on top, waving to her fans, they've even made a holiday called Misty Day* YAY! Kasumi-sama!

Well, I wonder if May gets a Seedot, and then it evolves into Nuzleaf and Shiftry? It'll scare her, LOL.

Entropy
29th June 2003, 06:08 AM
Is there a PokeDex to verify any of these pokemon? I'm getting confused when I hear names like Corphish...

Hanada Tattsu
29th June 2003, 10:25 AM
Um, Dude, Corphish is the official American name for the red ruffian Pokemon. Its Japanese name is Heigani, by the way. And yes, TPM has the official names.

AKA Pokemon Fan
30th June 2003, 10:56 AM
On the subject of Treeko evolving:

Originally posted by Entropy
I have the same chance of making an appearance on the anime.
What makes you so certain? Chicorita evolved. Plus, they'll want Leaf Blade advertised and Ash has most always had a Pokemon with sharp leaf attacks on his team.

Heh, I wish May's Torchic will evolve all the way, so it can use Blaze Kick on her all the time, LOL.
It wouldn't have to evolve all the way (giving May a quite vicious-looking Pokemon) since Combusken can also learn Blaze Kick.

My predictions below are based on my attempts to predict what the writers and producers want, in combination with what makes sense for the characters in the series. It unfortunately can't just contain what I'd personally hope them to get by the end of the season. It also means following some basic rules (I'm not saying though that these rules can't be broken).

1. No character can catch a near-legendary Pokemon or its previous evolutions. So no Salamence, Flygon, Altaria Metagross etc.
2. Characters can almost never get extremely powerful Pokemon and if they do they must be put in storage or otherwise not be kept on the team for long. For instance, Slakoth evolves into one of the most powerful of all Pokemon, and since Ash already has Snorlax for a super powerhouse it is highly unlikely he could get it. Besides, I'll bet Norman will have a monopoly on the sloth Pokemon in AG.
3. The character's Pokemon usually must be connected to events or items in the games, and help illustrate them. Examples would include all the starters being on teams at one point or another, Brock's Crobat and Misty's Politoed.
4. No character can catch a Pokemon that isn't new to the games. So only RS Pokemon are open as possibilities.
5. Characters can almost never get very rare Pokemon. And certainly no Prehistoric Pokemon.

For now at least I'll concentrate on Ash:

Ash:
Pikachu
Grovyle/Sceptile
Swellow
Crawdaunt
Torkoal
Grumpig/Ninjask/Volbeat

In storage:
???

Treeko will almost certainly evolve into Grovyle so that Leaf Blade can be advertised, and so it can compete equally with Bulbasaur and Bayleef, both of whom currently outrank him in power and number of attacks they know. Plus judging by Treeko's personality, and the several important battles it has lost due to lack of power, it's likely he would not be averse to evolving. Unless he has a Bulbasaur complex... However, whether or not it will reach its final stage is up in the air. There is only circumstancial evidence, like Ash getting tougher, less cute Pokemon in AG, and Bayleef evolving into its second stage, making way for Ash's third Grass type to reach the third stage.

Taillow will more than likely evolve simply because Swellow is so similar and it will only become about as big as Ash's Noctowl. So it will be an easy excuse to give Ash more power without drastically changing his team, much as in the case of Bayleef in Johto.

Corphish will likely evolve or leave because it will otherwise appear too useless in contrast to Kingler's size and power. Evolving would lend it the same status as Ash's other similar but useful Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Bayleef. Of course this is far from certain, as Charizard, though not technically available for battle, still far overshadows Cyndaquil's skills.

Torkoal is only a possibility if they decide to follow the rule of giving Ash a Fire type, and the fact that Flannery has a Torkoal doesn't help since characters haven't had the same Pokemon as the gym leader at the same time. I really don't think they'd give him Numel as both it and Camerupt seem too dopey compared to Ash's other Pokemon, all of whom have a certain coolness about them. In addition, Torkoal would contrast well with Ash's other Fire types. Charizard the confident, almighty powerhouse, Cyndaquil the timid, agile and quick one, Torkoal the slow moving tank.

Ash's sixth member is a problem. Ash's sixth member, when it hasn't been a second Grass type, has always consisted of a Bug or alternate type. Interesting note, in Kanto Ash's sixth members for the season were Butterfree the Bug type and later Primeape the Fighting type. Then in Johto he ends up catching the Bug/Fighting type Heracross! Coincidence? Volbeat fits the bill of a common, rather ordinary Bug type, but Heracross certainly didn't fit that so its only a possibility. Ninjask on the other hand seems too unusual for Ash. Still, I can see the writers/producers wanting to do a story about the lifecycle of Nincada and how Ash and the others deal with the mysterious Shedinja (which would likely not stay on the team but go off into some netherworld).

The other possibility is simply a random type that isn't on the rest of Ash's team. The main example of this was Phanpy. I find that a Psychic type is possible for Ash, and of the new ones Grumpig would fit him best. However, there are a myriad of other types they could surprise us with.

It also seems to be a rule that Ash will always catch one Pokemon per series that is large, very powerful, and is kept in storage at Oak's. Kanto's was Kingler, the Orange Islands was Snorlax, and Johto was Heracross. However, I'm quite at a loss as to what this could be. Nothing seems to fit well. Its unlikely they would give Ash a fourth Grass type or otherwise I'd think Tropius was a possibility. I've long thought that Absol may become a part of Ash's team due to its role in the opening theme. However, its role in the movie renders this unlikely.

Hanada Tattsu
30th June 2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
On the subject of Treeko evolving:

What makes you so certain? Chicorita evolved. Plus, they'll want Leaf Blade advertised and Ash has most always had a Pokemon with sharp leaf attacks on his team.

It wouldn't have to evolve all the way (giving May a quite vicious-looking Pokemon) since Combusken can also learn Blaze Kick.

My predictions below are based on my attempts to predict what the writers and producers want, in combination with what makes sense for the characters in the series. It unfortunately can't just contain what I'd personally hope them to get by the end of the season. It also means following some basic rules (I'm not saying though that these rules can't be broken).

1. No character can catch a near-legendary Pokemon or its previous evolutions. So no Salamence, Flygon, Altaria Metagross etc.
2. Characters can almost never get extremely powerful Pokemon and if they do they must be put in storage or otherwise not be kept on the team for long. For instance, Slakoth evolves into one of the most powerful of all Pokemon, and since Ash already has Snorlax for a super powerhouse it is highly unlikely he could get it. Besides, I'll bet Norman will have a monopoly on the sloth Pokemon in AG.
3. The character's Pokemon usually must be connected to events or items in the games, and help illustrate them. Examples would include all the starters being on teams at one point or another, Brock's Crobat and Misty's Politoed.
4. No character can catch a Pokemon that isn't new to the games. So only RS Pokemon are open as possibilities.
5. Characters can almost never get very rare Pokemon. And certainly no Prehistoric Pokemon.

For now at least I'll concentrate on Ash:

Ash:
Pikachu
Grovyle/Sceptile
Swellow
Crawdaunt
Torkoal
Grumpig/Ninjask/Volbeat

In storage:
???

Treeko will almost certainly evolve into Grovyle so that Leaf Blade can be advertised, and so it can compete equally with Bulbasaur and Bayleef, both of whom currently outrank him in power and number of attacks they know. Plus judging by Treeko's personality, and the several important battles it has lost due to lack of power, it's likely he would not be averse to evolving. Unless he has a Bulbasaur complex... However, whether or not it will reach its final stage is up in the air. There is only circumstancial evidence, like Ash getting tougher, less cute Pokemon in AG, and Bayleef evolving into its second stage, making way for Ash's third Grass type to reach the third stage.

Taillow will more than likely evolve simply because Swellow is so similar and it will only become about as big as Ash's Noctowl. So it will be an easy excuse to give Ash more power without drastically changing his team, much as in the case of Bayleef in Johto.

Corphish will likely evolve or leave because it will otherwise appear too useless in contrast to Kingler's size and power. Evolving would lend it the same status as Ash's other similar but useful Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Bayleef. Of course this is far from certain, as Charizard, though not technically available for battle, still far overshadows Cyndaquil's skills.

Torkoal is only a possibility if they decide to follow the rule of giving Ash a Fire type, and the fact that Flannery has a Torkoal doesn't help since characters haven't had the same Pokemon as the gym leader at the same time. I really don't think they'd give him Numel as both it and Camerupt seem too dopey compared to Ash's other Pokemon, all of whom have a certain coolness about them. In addition, Torkoal would contrast well with Ash's other Fire types. Charizard the confident, almighty powerhouse, Cyndaquil the timid, agile and quick one, Torkoal the slow moving tank.

Ash's sixth member is a problem. Ash's sixth member, when it hasn't been a second Grass type, has always consisted of a Bug or alternate type. Interesting note, in Kanto Ash's sixth members for the season were Butterfree the Bug type and later Primeape the Fighting type. Then in Johto he ends up catching the Bug/Fighting type Heracross! Coincidence? Volbeat fits the bill of a common, rather ordinary Bug type, but Heracross certainly didn't fit that so its only a possibility. Ninjask on the other hand seems too unusual for Ash. Still, I can see the writers/producers wanting to do a story about the lifecycle of Nincada and how Ash and the others deal with the mysterious Shedinja (which would likely not stay on the team but go off into some netherworld).

The other possibility is simply a random type that isn't on the rest of Ash's team. The main example of this was Phanpy. I find that a Psychic type is possible for Ash, and of the new ones Grumpig would fit him best. However, there are a myriad of other types they could surprise us with.

It also seems to be a rule that Ash will always catch one Pokemon per series that is large, very powerful, and is kept in storage at Oak's. Kanto's was Kingler, the Orange Islands was Snorlax, and Johto was Heracross. However, I'm quite at a loss as to what this could be. Nothing seems to fit well. Its unlikely they would give Ash a fourth Grass type or otherwise I'd think Tropius was a possibility. I've long thought that Absol may become a part of Ash's team due to its role in the opening theme. However, its role in the movie renders this unlikely.

Wow, well said, John.

I really couldn't have said it better. The points you argued were really great, they're perfect.

Did you post this somewhere else?

Rei_Zero
30th June 2003, 01:53 PM
You said everything I said in the past, put it all in one, and made it sound better. I praise you John *kneals and bows*

Hanada Tattsu
30th June 2003, 04:18 PM
I just got a great idea, what if Ash gets a regular, usual Pokemon, something like Seedot or something, except it will know some kind of extraordinary attack?

For example, in the game, on Route 109, there's a Zigzagoon that actually uses Surf! He can have something like that, what do you think?

AKA Pokemon Fan
1st July 2003, 09:53 AM
Did you post this somewhere else?
*Scratches head nervously* :) Well... parts of it were posted on bulbagarden as well a few weeks ago. If I see a topic where I feel I can argue some points effectively I'll sometimes copy-paste an argument from another post that does the same thing, since people don't read all topics and many topics end up being discussed again and again. Its easier than writing it all over again or telling the person to go look at the message through a link.

Rei_Zero wrote
You said everything I said in the past, put it all in one, and made it sound better. I praise you John *kneals and bows*
*Bows back* Thanks! :D I try my best be as coherant and convincing as I can be. Writing persuasively happens to be one of the few things I really excel at so may as well work with your strengths.

I just got a great idea, what if Ash gets a regular, usual Pokemon, something like Seedot or something, except it will know some kind of extraordinary attack?

For example, in the game, on Route 109, there's a Zigzagoon that actually uses Surf! He can have something like that, what do you think?
It certainly would fit with Ash trying to improve and diversify in his training (i.e Pikachu learning Iron Tail and I think Corphish knows Dig). I don't think he should stay a "type C trainer, one who uses standard attacks" as Shingo put it back in "Wired for Battle."

Of course his Pokemon have diversified their attacks over time. Snorlax learning Ice Punch and Pikachu learning Iron Tail being two good examples. Still, it would be neat to see Treeko use Dragonbreath or Taillow learn Mirror Move (or better yet, Sky Attack).

I think someone argued against Ash having a Dark type earlier, but we have to remember that despite their Japanese name Dark types aren't portrayed as being any more evil than other Pokemon, being shown as heroic as often as being with the bad guys.

Team Rocket's Lugia
1st July 2003, 10:54 AM
What about Charizards sesmic toss?

Hanada Tattsu
1st July 2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Lugia of LI
What about Charizards sesmic toss?

Well, that is considered an attack that a Type B trainer would use? Why? Well, it isn't an attack unique to that type of Pokemon. However, Charizard learning something like Steel Wing would be something that a Type A trainer would.

AKA Pokemon Fan
1st July 2003, 11:30 AM
In the anime Seismic Toss appears to be a fairly common move for Charizards to know. It's easy to see why too, after all the higher you can throw the opponent the more damage you'll do and Charizard is about the only flying Pokemon that learns the move.

And I'm sure the type letter designations for trainers are rather generalized and variable. We were never even really told if being a type C trainer necessarily made him of lower rank than other trainers. I thought it more reflected his techniques.

Hanada Tattsu
1st July 2003, 01:27 PM
Both Salamence and Flygon are flyers that can use the attack, so even though they are kinda legendaries, Ash or someone else can get them.

Rei_Zero
1st July 2003, 06:39 PM
I think Ash will get his Larvitar back after some time. It would be very interesting. Also, seismic toss isn't to common a move for Charizards. We've only seen Ash's Charizard use it but he uses it very often.

Pewter City Geodude
1st July 2003, 06:55 PM
Even Brock's Geodude knows Seismic Toss (it used it against Arbok in the episode where Brock got Vulpix). Too bad it's back in Pewter now. Anyway that's not the only TM/breeding move for the trio...

Charizard:
Submission, Seismic Toss

Staryu:
Double-Edge

Chikorita/Bayleef:
Vine Whip (breeding move)

Psyduck:
Psychic (breeding move), Water Gun (a common move, but Psyduck can only get it through TM)

Kingler:
Hyper Beam

Snorlax:
Ice Punch

Crobat:
Sonicboom (it can't even learn the move, it was a mistake by the writers)

Bulbasaur:
Take Down

Onix:
Dig

Pikachu:
Iron Tail

Lotad: (as far as I can understand from the guides I've read)
Water Gun, Razor Leaf (both breeding moves)

Totodile:
Headbutt

JazzJazz
1st July 2003, 07:31 PM
Bulbasaur used dig at one time too...

DannyBoy
1st July 2003, 07:37 PM
You sure JazzJazz? I never seen Bulbasaur use dig. It cant even learn the attack.

Pewter City Geodude
1st July 2003, 07:43 PM
Yes, it learned Dig in Bulbasaur...the Ambassador (http://members.shaw.ca/sandslash50/masterquest/bulbasaurtheambassador.html), and the fact that it can't normally learn it was discussed in the episode.

2ra
2nd July 2003, 09:51 AM
Actually, Ash's Treecko knows Razor Leaf, he used it against Pelipper in that Pelipper episode o_o He's used it other times, that time just stands out, so yes Treecko had a sharp blade attack, although it still probably will evolve.

Ash has been using his Corphish and Treecko a lot lately, even more than Pikachu, which is a good thing ^^, which means that they will most probably evolve. Taillow might not evolve after all, Ash got Pidgeot and Noctowl, so if it was the same pattern as grass types, Taillow might now evolve, BUT, both his birds have reached their final form, so it most probably will.

I think that their teams will be something like this:

Ash:
Pikachu
Taillow/Swellow
Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
Corphish/Crawdaunt
Torkoal/Numel/Camerupt
Volbeat/Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon

Trapinch just seems like Ash's type of Pokemon, and since AG brings a lot of changes, maybe he will finally get a dragon ^^

Hanada Tattsu
2nd July 2003, 11:04 AM
Bulbasaur has also used a Whirlwind attack by blowing at a Stun Spore coming from a Venonat.

Pewter City Geodude
2nd July 2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 2ra
Actually, Ash's Treecko knows Razor Leaf, he used it against Pelipper in that Pelipper episode o_o He's used it other times, that time just stands out, so yes Treecko had a sharp blade attack, although it still probably will evolve.

Treecko cannot learn Razor Leaf or Leaf Blade. Saying Treecko can learn Razor Leaf would be like saying the Slowking in my sig can learn Razor Leaf. It is simply not physically capable of doing so. The guide said Ash simply *told* it to use Razor Leaf, it never said Treecko actually did so. Ash at that point still hadn't had Treecko for all that long so he probably didn't know that Treecko's only Grass-type attacks are Absorb and (later) the Drains, none of which we've even seen in the anime yet AFAIK.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd July 2003, 11:14 AM
I thought in Early Johto Chikorita has used Absorb, or it may have been a Sunflora, I'm not sure.

AKA Pokemon Fan
3rd July 2003, 12:15 PM
I think Ash will get his Larvitar back after some time. It would be very interesting. Also, seismic toss isn't to common a move for Charizards. We've only seen Ash's Charizard use it but he uses it very often.
I think I've heard in the original version Mewtwo told the Charizard clone to use Seismic Toss (the dub has him say "finish it") when it grabbed Ash's Charizard and slammed him into the ground. Also, Charla tosses Charizard down into the water in "Charizard's Burning Ambition. Not a true Seismic Toss but it seems to indicate that tossing or smashing opponents into the ground appears to be a common move for Charizards to use.

Bulbasaur did dig into the muddy ground to save itself but I don't think that means it knows Dig now. Oak said that it did it in desperation.

Chicorita never used an absorbing attack. She only knows Sweet Scent, Tackle, Vine Whip, Razor leaf, and (as Bayleef) Body Slam.

I wonder if they had Ash say "Whirlwind" in the episode where Bulbasaur blew the Stun Spore away or if he simply said "blow it away."

Hanada Tattsu
3rd July 2003, 12:18 PM
No, they made him use Whirlwind. When Venonat/Venomoth, I forget which, used the attack, Ash said "Use Whirlwind" and Bulbasaur just blew it away.

Pewter City Geodude
3rd July 2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Bulbasaur did dig into the muddy ground to save itself but I don't think that means it knows Dig now. Oak said that it did it in desperation.

Yeah but here was the quote:

Tracey: "I didn't know Bulbasaur were capable of learning Dig."
Oak: "Remember this, there are times in a crisis when we are able to call upon skills we never knew we possessed."

So in desperation, it learned Dig. :P

I wonder if they had Ash say "Whirlwind" in the episode where Bulbasaur blew the Stun Spore away or if he simply said "blow it away."

No he didn't. People think Bulba used Whirlwind in that episode, but only because of the animation. I don't remember what Ash said but he certainly didn't order a Whirlwind. Besides, Bulbasaur was blowing leaves, so it was just a different version (or a different animation) of the Razor Leaf attack.

Hanada Tattsu
3rd July 2003, 12:21 PM
No, I remember Ash commanding him to use Whirlwind, I can check now if you'd like, but I have to find the video first, which is an adventure in itself. :P

Rei_Zero
3rd July 2003, 07:19 PM
He definetly ordered Bulbasaur to use a whirlwind when he was facing against Koga's Venomoth.

Hanada Tattsu
3rd July 2003, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I just checked. It did really use a Whirlwind attack in the dub, but I don't know what Ash said in the Japanese version.

DannyBoy
3rd July 2003, 11:05 PM
I don't think Ash will get Larvitar back because its with its mom and I don't think it would leave. But it might see it again in Hoenn, Like he seen Lapras in Johto again.

Rei_Zero
3rd July 2003, 11:46 PM
So. Who's to say Ash won't get back all his cameo making pokemon near the end of the series? However, I doubt any pokemon except Lapras and maybe Squirtle (because he has that fire crew competition) to show up. Maybe Pigeot will show up like Lapras, through migration. But it hasn't been heard of in an awful long time.

Hanada Tattsu
4th July 2003, 10:50 AM
Yeah, face it, the writers have forgotten about Pidgeot. Even though he might use it in the Hoenn League.

AKA Pokemon Fan
4th July 2003, 06:45 PM
No, they made him use Whirlwind. When Venonat/Venomoth, I forget which, used the attack, Ash said "Use Whirlwind" and Bulbasaur just blew it away.
I miswrote, I meant I wondered if he said it in the Japanese version, but you probably already guessed that.

Hanada Tattsu
5th July 2003, 11:54 PM
Okay, I got it anyway, but thanks for letting me know there. :)

Kool Dudy
6th July 2003, 12:12 AM
/me wanna see pidgeot return :)

also, taillow evolving will be cool.

DannyBoy
6th July 2003, 12:15 AM
Taillow woll prob evolve because he has always had a fully evolved form of the bird he gets. Pidgeot, Noctowl....Swellow? But the writers haven't followed a pattern really yet so we will have to wait and find out.

Hanada Tattsu
6th July 2003, 11:10 AM
Pidgeot is gone, Ash hasn't mentioned it ever since early Johto, and now that the writers are staging an anti-old Pokemon strike, I doubt we'll see it.

Kool Dudy
6th July 2003, 12:04 PM
That's just too bad they can't bring back Pidgeot.

It's probably one of the best pokemons on Ash's team. :(

Hanada Tattsu
6th July 2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Kool Dudy
That's just too bad they can't bring back Pidgeot.

It's probably one of the best pokemons on Ash's team. :(

Yeah, and the fact that he had it as a Pidgeot for less than 15 minutes is nausiating, I wish he would have kept it.

Kool Dudy
6th July 2003, 05:27 PM
That is pretty sad for having a pokemon that's fully evolved and to be keeping it for only 15 minutes.

I feel sorry for him since he has only three fully evolved pokemons (Charizard, Pidgeot, and Butterfree) and all of them left him...:)

DannyBoy
6th July 2003, 06:15 PM
He has more fully evolved pokemon. Kingler is one of them. Then I don't know if they count but Muk and Noctowl.

Hanada Tattsu
7th July 2003, 05:14 PM
I think he meant Pokemon that evolved three times, which are Charizard, Butterfree, and for 15 minutes Pidgeot.

DannyBoy
7th July 2003, 05:16 PM
I think you might mean 2 times. Unless CHarmander evolved from something. Pidgeotto evolved only once on the show and thats wat make sme think he meant just final forms like Kingler and Muk and Noctowl.

Kool Dudy
7th July 2003, 08:00 PM
I kinda meant 3 times since evolving three times is the hardest out of all evolutions so he has three pokemons that evolved three times but they all left. :)

DannyBoy
7th July 2003, 08:04 PM
Ok, I just didn't know but don't you both mean two times because no pokemon can evolve 3 times.

Hanada Tattsu
8th July 2003, 11:55 AM
Yeah, he meant three stages.

However, Pidgeotto does count because it has had to have evolved from a Pidgey somewhere down the line. I tend to think the Pidgey Ash tried to catch in the first episode is the Pidgeotto he caught two episodes later. I think that after that Sand Attack it used on Ash it evolved.