PDA

View Full Version : [Sucks |. . .| Rebuke My Team]

Azura Stardust
18th December 2002, 02:46 AM
Sucks, the in game team. No rebreeding suggestions please, I don't want to go and retrain them all over again. :\

In no specific order.
_______________ . . . . . . . .
Raguraaji

Earthquake
Surf
Ice Beam
Dunno

My beloved starter. :) I wish they didn't give it such a crappy tacky look, though. :( Anyway, this is pretty boring. It's just a plain whatever-comes-my-way kinda bashy thing. I'm thinking of putting a recovering move there, but I thought perhaps to make this an attacker, and put in Return or something. He's got a nice 110 base attack. Don't know his characteristic, sadly. :\ Ice Beam is for grasses.
Kinogassa

Sky Upper
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Strength

Isn't this the crappiest moveset you've ever seen? I don't know who to replace this with... and I'm really stuck for movesets... I couldn't wait unevolving it till level 54 for spore, so :\ any suggestions?
Raiboruto

Thunder Wave
Thunder Bolt
Strength
Bite

Strength is for lack of a better move. :( Help is welcomed on this guy.
Saanaito

Psychic
Sealed
Enlighten
Hypnosis

Not really here for anything. I'm going to replace this with Metagurosu after defeating the elite four... is this a good idea?
REPLACEMENT: Metagurosu

Comet Punch
Quake
Psychic
Dunno

Really boring, really boring... What goes in place of dunno? Sandstorm, mebbe? Should I replace Saanaito with this guy in the first place?
Groudon

Earthquake
Overheat/Fire Blast?
?
?

Cheap I am. This guy needs lots of help. Fire Blast is nice, but not so powerful and accurate as Overheat, which, unfortunately, doesn't have that nice a side effect. And the other two - there are so many options, I really don't know. SOlarbeam? Ancient Power? ??????...

And for the 6th spot, I think I'll put in Rekkuzza. Yes, I'm desparately terribly cheap. :( What I want to do is get a good moveset for this guy! It's so difficult - he has so many choices. I really need help on him, what should I put?

Sucks!

GotMiltank
18th December 2002, 04:02 AM
Sounds like a nifty team :)

Raguraaji: Looks alright. However, I think Muddy Stream is another water move with the same damage, however there's a 30% chance to lower opponent's accuracy, with the 85% accuracy of this move. May be a neat risk you're willing to take, and it learns this move naturally (I'm not sure what level though, sorry). Earthquake is great, and Ice Beam is a good idea to get the almost inevitible grass switch-in (should the opponent have a grass pokemon) that would deal with this pokemon with ease otherwise. Since this pokemon has such great defensive stats, perhaps you could throw in rest to keep him fighting longer. Or, you could try the neat move Reckless (it also learns this naturally) which bring your opponent's HP to the same level as yours. Finally, mud shot may be an option here, which is a 55 base damage ground move (naturally learned) that will always lower opponent's speed (100% accurate itself as well). Good choice for a starter. :) BTW, his trait is Raging Stream, which powers up his water attacks (by 1.5X) when his HP is low.

Kinogassa: Oooh, you took the time to raise that grumpymushroom dude (I luv him!). I commend you on that feat, as it is hard to raise (at least, as I've found). Yes, it does learn spore, and I'm not sure, but I think you're saying that it only learns it as the grumpymushroom stage. Oh... that's kinda ew. You have to miss out on a lot of his good later level attacks as kinogassa if you want to learn a late level spore then. Well, if it's too late for spore, and strength is kind of permanent, let me suggest throwing on either the Sludge Bomb, or Frustration/Return TM to take advantage of his amazing attack stat. Perhaps in replace of Leech Seed? Either move works well. Sky Uppercut is a great move on him, though I doubt it will ever get the bonus involved when hitting a pokemon using "fly", heh.

Raiboruto: Ya, this guy doesn't get a huge variety of moves to choose from. I'd maybe throw "Volter" in over tbolt, mebbe. Volter has recoil, but does more damage. Up to you. Electrification would be a good choice though (doubles electric attack damage) and it learns this attack naturally. Again, strength seems kind of permanent, so I won't suggest anything there. Since he can't learn much else, and with his trait paralyzing everything, bite may fit in here well. With the par, and the flinching ability of bite, he may be able to avoid a few attacks, which is always nice.

Saanaito: Oooh, she rulez. So much potential, and so many possible movesets. Though Metagurosu is indeed a competitive pokemon, this too has its merits. If you have sealed on this team, perhaps you could further take advantage of this by throwing thunderbolt on it, and further messing up any electrics that think they would stand a chance. Hypnosis works too though, and you may even want to throw the Provoke TM in, or rest or seizure or reflect. Lots of different possibilities here. She's a great pokemon. The only potential problem with your set is the inability to deal with anything immune/resistant to psychic. However, this could just imply that she'll be used as a sweeper late-game or something along those lines. I proposed a similar saanaito (mean look, meditation/enlighten, hypnosis, dream eater) which would have the same issues. Should still work though.

Since your party will only be 5-strong without metagurosu, I'll include him in the rate.

Metagurosu: I'm guessing you mean Meteor Punch there ( the steel move, not the Kanga move), which is a good idea to have. Psychic and quake work well here too. There's a few different options with this last move... you can have agility to bring up his only real lacking stats (speed) and become a potential sweeper, or you could throw iron wall in there for novelty (it really doesn't need the high defense boost) , rest or protect for the durability. He's a pretty offensive pokemon, and there's not much strategy you can really throw on him here. I'd personally go with agility.

Groudon: Ok, first of all, his attack is through the roof, so let's set that as job1. Earthquake is an absolute must on this pokemon, and I see you have that there, so that's great. I'd go with fire blast, as overheat will greatly lower your special attack each time you use it, and fire blast (like over heat) plays of his drought (sunny day) trait. Eruption (like whale spout) is another option you may wanna consider over fire blast, which does 150 base damage and lowers as your HP lowers. I don't think I'd throw solar beam on this guy, as although it will play off of the sunny day and super effective against his weakness in water, it really won't play off of his high attack and I'm pretty sure quake will do just as much to a water pokemon, if not more. On that note, I'd also throw in Build Up (he learns this naturally, and it's also a TM). This will raise your attack and defense, to even more phenomenal levels. The final move leaves so many options... you could throw in ancient power to stop flyers that may be resistant to fire, you could throw in rest (he learns it naturally) to add durability to this guy (or protect), perhaps slash and hope for some CHs, or frustration as another physical attack (and it will help with dealing with flyers, those resistant to fire anyways like dragons, water, rock, fire types), or to just be a big ol' pain in your opponent's side, throw in fissure (he learns this naturally too). However, I'd suggest either Frustration or Ancient Power (The boosts would help him as well) to help deal with those flyers/floaters mentioned.

Nice team! Hope my suggestions helped. :)

P.S. Don't get rid of Saanaito! :no:

Scizor Master
18th December 2002, 09:37 AM
Freaky!!! My Raiborito has the exact same moveset, except I have Thunder and not Thunderbolt. For Groudon,keep Earthquake (duh), I would use Fire Blast,I like Solarbeam too, and I use Rest. I'd rather he had Recover, but Rest is the next best thing.

RyuukoAremi
18th December 2002, 03:43 PM
"You have to miss out on a lot of his good later level attacks as kinogassa if you want to learn a late level spore then. "

Not if you use the Move Teacher to teach Sky Upper and stuff to Kinogassa after waiting till lv54 to teach it Spore. *I'm contemplating whether or not to wait. If I wait, then Spore+Sky Upper might be a cool combo, as you first put the enemy to sleep so that you're certain that they won't attack you. But then they might switch... hhmmmmmmm* Maybe:

Sky Upper
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Leech Seed

*shrugs* Sorta good. ^_^;

Madelyn151
18th December 2002, 09:29 PM
raguraaji : um like quake/surf/something/something. combo, ice beam, mirror coat (although you're probably dead to grass).

kinogassa : NO HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE SPORE??? AAAAGH!!!! spore/hyper punch (spore 'em first... it's risky but should work...combo is less risky)/stun spore/return or sludge bomb. then again you're ingame.

raibolt : err like tbolt/twave/crunch or bite/something. flash could be annoying... sort of. i forget the set i had recommended for this guy.

saan : sure, maybe t-bolt over hypnosis

meta : dunno = agility.

groudon : quake/flamethrower/solarbeam/ancientpower. whee. maybe overheat over flamethrower. moltres + overheat = ... *drools*

Azura Stardust
19th December 2002, 04:48 AM
yay thanks for the rates people! :)

Oook, for Raguraaji... I think I'll just leave that last slot with whatever anything nothing sorta... o_O;; I didn't let it learn Reckless so I don't think the Move relearner dude can let him relearn it now, can he?

Kinogassa the lost mushroom kungfu fungus guy thing: Sorry I don't have spore :( oh vell. And I can delete Strength, btw. I found the move deleter dude. :) Goody I think I'll put in Sludge Bomb somewhere. Thanks for that suggestion peeps.

Raiboruto: Oh yeah, I just thought of flinch + par. :D I must be half-asleep or something...got up at 5:00 am for some stuuuupid meditation thingie. -_- aaaah, religion... Ok Tbolt stays, Bite stays, Twave... useful for catching pokes, and I think I'll keep it, and for the last spot... strength or I dunno. Something to run off his nice special attack or maybe a recovering move? Perhaps I try risking Rest on? Rest when low on health, and if the opponent isn't paralyzed, they get 2 more chances to whlie I'm resting. :) I should be fast enough to pull it off.... do they sell Rest in the game?

Saanaito (strangely, I seem to think of sanitary pad when I see her name... wait, mine's a GUY O_O;;;) - You know what, me being the weirdo I am, I forgot what sealed does... oh yeah! It's like a more accurate disable move kinda thing, isn't it? Is it pseudo-passed like Reflect and Safeguard? As in even when I switch Sanity out the effect is still there? Is it for the whole battle or?... So I'll have Psychic there, Sealed (it sounds good...?), Enlighten (though it doesn't really need it, but... meh) and Hypnosis for fun? Or maybe Tbolt over enlighten? So I can actually do something against dark types? (as for things like Nendooru, I guess I'd give a one-shot Hypnosis tryout and if it doesn't work, run. If it does, run as well.)

Metagurosu (I'm going to call mine Weiss! Yep, the anime Weiss! It's also called White Cross... which is what Metagurosu has!) : Psychic, Meteor Punch (sorry.), Quake, Agility then. ^_^

Groudon: Hm, Eruption is nice... maybe Eruption/Rest/Earthquake/AncientPower? Meh.

You know what icks me is that I have 2 Psychics. Now Metagurosu can counter just about all his weaknesses... ground it can eat up with things like Psychic and Quake. Fire is dead with Quake. Fire/Flyings (not many are there? 3?) are pretty out with Psychic. But can Saanaito do the job? I've got an impression that Saanaito can really do stuff. It's got SA and SD I like, and the rest aren't too bad... but... meh, I've only got one fire move on my whole team, and I feel a tad scared. And one ice move. And one electric attack. (Unless I put Tbolt on Saanaito, but should I REALLLY keep her anyway?) Don't tell *me* to choose, I can't and thats' why I'm asking anyone who can help. O_o;

Thanks for the comments again guys. (and girls.)

Scizor Master
19th December 2002, 09:19 AM
I would put Solarbeam on for the water types as far as Groudon goes. And for Raibolt, I just thought of something. It can learn Iron Tail, which would come in handy against those nagging Rock/Ground types. Although your probably better off sticking with Flinch/Para

GotMiltank
19th December 2002, 04:41 PM
For Groudon: Well, I really have to suggest against Solar Beam. Earthquake will do more damage to almost all water pokemon (except maybe Cloyster, which would be taken care of quite effectively with fire blast...)

Whatever you do... keep saanaito. With the other psychic on your team, I would probably suggest tbolt on her. Sealed and Enligthen will still work well, especially for keeping away other enlightening pokemon, or pscyhic type, or electric pokemon. This thing suffers strongly from the Mr. Mime dillemma (it really shouldn't be both genders), but meh.

With Raiburotu: I'm been thinking, due to it's trait, you may not need twave on here... since they will end up par just by hitting you. However, this would require you getting hit, which may not be a good option if they are a heavy hitter that will do significant damage, and you can just twave on the switchin... mebbe twave is best. Rest may work as well, especially if you end up twaving an opponent with synchronize or something like that. Plus, you're right, it is fast, and you will likely get a chance to rest effectively when the opponent is par.

Rest is a TM, I'm not sure if you can buy it tho... actually, I think the purchasable TMs are Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard and Protect.

Raguraji: Um... I think it may be too slow to use wreckless effectively, however it may be great as a pokemon is switched out. For example, you throw raguraji out against an elec pokemon, and it absorbs the tbolt. However, Raguraji is at lower health from previous battling it endured. With this in mind, he knows that the opponent will switch his elec out to avoid a disastrous tbolt, and the elec pokemon knowing that he does not have any move to KO the raguraji. So, when the new pokemon comes out at a high health, the reckless will take it down effectively, and if the opponent is slower, it will give ragu a chance to finish it off via it's ice beam/quake/surf (one of them almost has to be Super Effective). It's a situational strategy, but it may suit your team perhaps. Up to you. :)

About your concern towards the lack of variety in your team, I'll have to disagree there too. You have fighting, ice, water, grass, electric, psychic, steel, ground, fire, fire, rock, poison... you're just missing ghost, dark, flying, normal, bug, dragon attacks, none of which are truly necessary considering the rest of your team. If you should meet up with a grass type, I'd switch to metagurosu or saanaito... or probably even better would be kinogassa, as he can take the grass with his fighting attacks (unless the grass happens to be part poison, in which case the two psychics are obvious choices). I can't see any concern for any other types, so you're team looks quite well balanced. The dual-psychic thing can't hurt you (hehe, deja vu of the RBY days), as they both have their own specialized strategies. Saanaito for powering up and unleashing her devestating special attacks, while being able to absorb the special attacks unleashed on her with ease. Metagurosu for being a heavy hitter offensively, and being able to take those physical hits considerably as well. No need for concern there.

I think your team should work quite well... :yes:

Wanderer
19th December 2002, 06:20 PM
Doesn't sealed only keep opponents from using moves that you have against you? Or is it that they can't use them in the battle period, even if saan switches? If not your set doesn't make much sense. Why would you want to seal yourself from psychic attacks when you're psychic. Put thunderbolt on and then it works fine I guess, but it really doesn't seem to be much of an answer to anything.

Azura Stardust
19th December 2002, 09:05 PM
Ok then... that team shall stay! *hugs saanaito* Too bad Rekkuzza!

So now the biggie problemie is Saanaito's moveset.... nobody answered my question if it's pseudopassed around like Reflect/LScreen... whether if I use Sealed (moveset: sealed, enlighten, shadow ball, psychic) and then I switch, the opponent still cannot use sealed enlighten shadow ball and psychic?

Even if that's true the whole thing breaks up if the guy switches. I should get Sealed on another pokemon, but can't ^_^;

K. So final team iiiiis

Raguraaji

Equake
Surf
Ice Beam
SomethingortheotherwhichIreallydon'tcaremayberest?

Metagurosu

Equake
Meteor Punch
Psychic
Agility

Saanaito
PROBABLYSOMETHINGLIKE
Sealed
Psychic
Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt (SB is if Sealed cannot be passed around. I can keep Sanity there and if they send in a Shadow-Balling Something, they can't do nuts ;) Oh, but I run from Darks. TBolt is if Sealed can be passed round. But you know what, I just realised... none of my pokemon are weak to electric! Two are resistant and two's immune O_o;; maybe some other move over Tbolt?)
Enlighten/Hypnosis (I only have one status causer in this whole team... >_< so Hypnosis might make it two, but it's rilly inaccurate..)

Kinogassa
Sludge Bomb
Sky Upper (why can't this guy get cross chop or something?)
Giga Drain
Leech Seed

This guy shall really fear Poison types. But Metagurosu won't, would he ;)

Groudon
Earthquake
Eruption
Re..st?
Build Up

Groudon likes to play Build Up Blocks. He makes a tower of Strength! And then he uses it to knock others down ^.^;

Raiboruto
Twave
Tbolt
Bite
StrengthForTheHellOfIt

GAAAAAH! I just realised I got a Raiboruto with the wrong characteristic -_- it has lightning rod and not the touch-me-and-you're-paralyzed one...

Yay :D