PDA

View Full Version : Skyridge: A Let Down

Nikku-San
15th June 2003, 04:07 AM
I got 3 packs today and... Blah. The only good cards I got were Beedrill and Wobbuffet, game-wise. The Crystal Ho-Oh looks pretty but... game-wise it sucks. And almost all commons and un-commons were sickeningly useless... I can kind of see why everyone is switching to yougayhoe... I mean Yugioh.... At least useless monsters can be sacrificed. =\ I wish they'd make a stadium or something that transforms useless Pokemon into energy or something. Oh, and art-wise, I found very few nice-looking cards. I do like Vaporeon though. Anyway, nothing worth making a deck around... Sure hope the EX sets are better.

Roarkiller
15th June 2003, 07:19 AM
From what i heard, EX is a whole lot better than skyridge (only got one booster, juz so u know). And looking at the spoilers so far, much better doesnt seem to make a difference to the common/uncommon cards, juz the rares, as usual.

Nikku-San
15th June 2003, 10:12 PM
O.o I just realized the Skyridge Pikachu is frigen awesome. Combine it with Fisherman and you have a VERY good combo. Plus, isn't there some card with a Poke-Power for attaching multiple lightning energy?

Roarkiller
16th June 2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
O.o I just realized the Skyridge Pikachu is frigen awesome. Combine it with Fisherman and you have a VERY good combo. Plus, isn't there some card with a Poke-Power for attaching multiple lightning energy?

Quite a number actually. But no, im not gonna tell u. Find them out urself. Here's a hint: as it grows, it becomes balder :)

DragonWave
16th June 2003, 04:25 PM
Is Skyridge out? Because I go everywhere that sell cards and they say that they haven't come out yet. >_<

Nikku-San
16th June 2003, 05:07 PM
Expedition Ampharos! Weeee!

And yeah, it's out, but no one really cares about stocking new pokemon stuff now days...

Silvercharizard
17th June 2003, 01:03 AM
I like SK because of the amount of commons which are actually decent. (Before it was just 1 or 2 per set like Dark Octillery) Now they have Ursaring, Sandslash, Sunflora etc......