PDA

View Full Version : The open challenge of randomness!!!

Icy
15th June 2003, 06:00 PM
2 vs. 2 (one out at a time)
DQ = 3 days
Ref = anyone who's active, and can post a reffing once a week.
Arena = Regular Indigo Plateau

I'll choose first... *sends out Oddish*

Let's get ready to rumble!

Matt
15th June 2003, 06:07 PM
I suppose I can post one once a week ;). I mean I do get out of school this week. So may I ref? :)

Icy
15th June 2003, 06:10 PM
Sure. yes. w00t. That's fine. Opponent please?

Syberia
16th June 2003, 04:13 PM
I didn't get to battle you in that tag-team, but I can certainly do it now. If you don't object of course, that is.

Icy
16th June 2003, 05:38 PM
Go. Battle. Me. Now. Hurry. Up. Please. I. Need. A. Battle.

Syberia
16th June 2003, 05:57 PM
I guess I'll use Aragog (male Spinarak) then.

Immediately start with a combo of Agility and Double Team to send several false copies of yourself flitting around everywhere... once he's thoroughly confused as to which is the real you, create a nice little prison for him out of Spider Webs.

Agility + Double Team~Spider Web

Icy
16th June 2003, 06:27 PM
This should be simple. Start off with a Double Team of your own. Fun. Then use a nice, simple, Razor Leaf attack to get rid of all the clones. Easy again. Then, as it hoplessly tries to encase a clone of yours in thread, use Double-Edge.

Matt
20th June 2003, 03:48 PM
Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 100%
~Vitals: Fresh; Fatigue: 0%
~Status Conditions: None

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Health: 100%
~Vitals: Fresh; Fatigue: 0%

-Attacks-

- Syberia - - Agility + Double Team - - Spider Web -

- Icy - - Double Team - - Razor Leaf - - Double Edge -

Round I

The crowd in the Indigo Stadium goes wild as the trainers walk in from the distance, pokeballs in hand. They go to the trainer stands and hold out their first pokeball that they're going to use. Icy sends out his Oddish while Syberia sends out his Spinarak. The two pokemon appear in the arena ready for battle. Next, the trainers give out the attacks that they want their pokemon to use. When they finish that, the round begins!

The Spinarak smirks and starts to run around the arena at a fast rate. While running, it begins to glow a very bright white colour. Soon, little Spinarak clones start popping up beside it. The Spinaraks are having a very fun time trying to confuse the Oddish, but Oddish doesn't seem like it cares about all the clones. Oddish starts to glow too and clones of it appear on the arena also! Spinarak finally stops running and sees the many Oddish. Looks like Spinarak doesn't care that there are five Oddish in front of it.

Spinarak sits on the ground panting a little loudly from all the running it had done. He looks over towards the Oddish who is moving back and forth for some reason. Then, little leaves start to come out of the things on its head. The leaves fly towards the Spinaraks and hit them all, leaving no clones. Spinarak frowns at the Oddish who is smiling very big at the moment. The leaves fall to the ground and disappear.

Aragog smiles and starts to laugh. He must be thinking about the next attack he is about to use. Aragog moves back a little and turns around. A white thread starts to fly out of from behind him and towards the Oddishs. The strings come together to form one big net. The net of spider webbing flies onto one of the Oddish clones and the clone disappears, the webbing left on the ground. The rest of the Oddish run over to where Aragog is and run into him. Aragog gains a few bruises from this attack but not a lot. The crowd cheers for both pokemon as they wait anxiously for the next round.

Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 94%
~Vitals: Happy, Has Four clones left; Fatigue: 14%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Health: 82%
~Vitals: Has bruises, Not too happy; Fatigue: 15%

Arena: Has sticky webbing on the floor

Icy
20th June 2003, 05:52 PM
Does Oddish have any clones left?

Swagger until success to get the thing pissed off and stop it from using strategy, then Double-Edge it to oblivion. In case of Double Team or any web-using attack, Razor Leaf it away.

Syberia
22nd June 2003, 05:39 PM
For some reason I don't think he'll feel like egging you on nearly so much if you intimidate him a bit... put him in his place with a Scary Face. If he wants to use physical attacks, so be it. Blind him with a Flash and smite his mind with Psychic. However, if he succeeds in pissing you off, vent your Frustration upon his mortal soul and then use Psychic anyways.

Scary Face~Flash/Frustration~Psychic

Icy
28th June 2003, 12:35 PM
... Um... ref... please?

:\, Yeah. It'd be nice to get a ref to come here soon.

:\.

Matt
28th June 2003, 07:08 PM
Sorry ._.; I'll try to be more active..

Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 94%
~Vitals: Happy, Has Four clones left; Fatigue: 14%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Health: 82%
~Vitals: Has bruises, Not too happy; Fatigue: 15%

Arena: Has sticky webbing on the floor

-Attacks-

- Icy - - Swagger/Razor Leaf - - Swagger/Double Edge/Razor Leaf - - Swagger/Double Edge/Razor Leaf -

- Syberia - - Scary Face - - Flash/Frustration - - Psychic -

Round II

The battle continues now. The trainers tell their pokemon what attacks they want them to use this round. Spinarak grins when he hears his attacks for the round. Oddish gasps as it hears its attacks; he seems to think that they are a bit complicated. With the moves said and everything, the round finally begins!

Oddish moves its legs back a little and runs towards the Spinarak. It starts to brush its leaves on Spinarak. The spider frowns a little and moves back away from the Oddish; Oddish runs over to where Spinarak went and starts to taunt it more. Spinarak frowns more and glares at the Oddish. Oddish sees Spinarak's frightning face and runs back to where it was. Spinarak is highly pissed thanks to that Oddish. The plant pokemon better watch out.

Oddish doesn't notice this anger in Spinarak, instead it just smiles at its success. Again, Oddish runs over towards the Spinarak but for a different reason, but hesitates a little thanks to the Scary Face attack. Yet, he still gets over there and attacks it. Oddish headbutts the spider quickly, gets back up, and trots back over to the side it was on before. Spinarak growls and slowly slides over towards Oddish. He growls and his eyes turn blood red. His little spider legs swipe at the Oddish quickly. The legs actually hit that means that he hit the right Oddish! Oddish yells as the pain increases. The legs scratch everywhere, but get slower and slower. Finally, Spinarak stops. He smiles and slides back over to where he was. Oddish, scratchs all over its body, stands there a little confused what just happened.

With Oddish still a little confused what Spinarak did, it starts to run again. It gets over to Spinarak soon and headbutts him again. Spinarak feels the pain again for a short while then it slightly goes away for a bit. Spinarak's eyes start to glow. Then his whole body starts to glow too. Psychic energy goes out of its body and slowly floats over towards the Oddish. The energy surrounds the Oddish and picks it up off the ground. The clones disappear, but Spinarak already knew where the real Oddish was. Oddish screams as the energy enters its body. With the pain increasing, Spinarak slowly drops him to the ground. The energy disappears and Spinarak grins at his success of this action. Oddish mumbles as the pain in its body still lingers.

Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 74%
~Vitals: In extreme pain, has scratches all over its body; Fatigue: 26%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Health: 70%
~Vitals: Pretty happy now, has a lot of bruises on his body; Fatigue: 25%

Syberia
1st July 2003, 01:58 PM
I'm going to make this nice and simple... Psychics the whole round unless he tries a Double Team, in which case use Poison Sting to wipe the clones out with your needles. Use Frustration if it comes to that.

Psychic/Frustration/Poison Sting x3

Icy
2nd July 2003, 01:42 PM
This shouldn't be too difficult...

send a Sweet Scent out towards it. I'd like to see it try and concentrate on a psychic now. If he gets the next Psychic off, use Mimic to give it a powerful Psychic right back at it, try and throw it further away from you. However, if for some reason it DOESNT Psychic you,simply charge at it with a Double-Edge! Now, if it Psychic's again, chop it's head with a barrage of leaves to knock of it's concentration. Keep sending those leaves. If it doesn't, simply Double-Edge.

Sweet Scent~Mimic/Double-Edge~Razor Leaf/Double-Edge

Matt
6th July 2003, 07:19 PM
Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 74%
~Vitals: In extreme pain, has scratches all over its body; Fatigue: 26%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Health: 70%
~Vitals: Pretty happy now, has a lot of bruises on his body; Fatigue: 25%

-Attacks-

- Syberia - - Psychic/Frustration/Poison Sting - - Psychic/Frustration/Poison Sting - - Psychic/Frustration/Poison Sting -

- Icy - - Sweet Scent - - Mimic/Double-Edge - - Razor Leaf/Double-Edge –

Round III

Not letting this battle stop, the trainers call out the attacks that they want their pokemon to do in this round. They smile and slowly nod at the attacks that they were given. With all that finished up, the round beings! =O!

Spinarak is suddenly surrounded by a dark purple cloud. Its eyes turn white as it starts to gather energy, but suddenly, the Oddish starts to move its leaves back and forth for some reason. A sweat scent is deployed into the air. It flies over towards Spinarak and goes up its nose. It stops gathering energy as soon as the scent goes up it. Now, Spinarak will have to concentrate a little more to effectively use an attack. Oddish starts to laugh a little, but then stops. It seems the scent got to it too!! Now they both have to concentrate a little more. But wait; the scent disappears! Oddish must have not made a very strong scent if it went away this fast! The pokemon look at each with mean faces; They are ready to do whatever it takes. =>

The purple cloud of color stuff surrounds the Spinarak again. Seems like it is trying the same attack it did before. Its eyes turn white again and it starts to gather energy in its mind. Oddish starts to float off the ground slightly. Then it goes into the air a bit more. But Oddish is doing movements it hasn’t done before. Oddly, a psychic blast shoots from the Oddish and hits the Spinarak head on. Oddish falls to the ground since Spinarak lost concentration.

Once again, Spinarak uses Psychic. The same thing happens as in the previous actions. Oddish finally recognizes this attack and starts to move its head around and around. Little leaves fly out of the grass pokemon and go to the Spinarak. The spider pokemon is hit just as it releases the psychic energy. It is knocked off concentration, but a tiny bit of the energy still flies towards Oddish; Oddish is hit but it gets up quickly, waiting for the next round…

Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 49%
~Vitals: Still in pain, knows Psychic for two more actions; Fatigue: 37%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Health: 53%
~Vitals: Has a few scratches on its body, in pain; Fatigue: 38%

Icy
6th July 2003, 09:29 PM
Swagger until success to get the thing pissed off and stop it from using strategy, then Double-Edge it to oblivion. In case of Double Team or any web-using attack, Razor Leaf it away. In case of Psychic use Mimic...

:\ Sound familiar?

Syberia
6th July 2003, 10:08 PM
I'm gonna make this simple... just use your own anger as a weapon, as I am so fond of doing. Rip him to shreds with a combo of Frustration and Fury Swipes! End by rubbing salt (or poison, rather) into his wounds with a Sludge Bomb,

Frustration + Fury Swipes~Sludge Bomb

Matt
11th July 2003, 01:42 PM
Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 49%
~Vitals: Still in pain, knows Psychic for two more actions; Fatigue: 37%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Vitals: Has a few scratches on its body, in pain; Fatigue: 38%

-Attacks-

- Icy - - Swagger/Razor Leaf/Mimic - - Swagger/Double-Edge/Razor Leaf/Mimic - - Swagger/Double-Edge/Razor Leaf/Mimic -

- Syberia - - Frustration + Fury Swipes - - Sludge Bomb -

Round IV

The battlers call out the attacks that the pokemon are going to use this round. Finally, the round starts.

Oddish runs over to the Spinarak and starts to brush its leaves all over the Spinarak to taunt it. Spinarak doesn't seem to be affected by this. It's just sitting there ignoring Oddish and its leaves around it. Oddish frowns and goes back to where it was, and the Spinarak attacks. It crawls over to the Oddish and tries to let out some of its anger. But, it doesn't have any to let out since Swagger wasn't successfull. It still tries the Fury Swipes. It slashes the grass pokemon three times and then stops. Little scratches are seen on Oddish's body but not enough to actually tell.

Oddish tries again to taunt this spider. Spinarak is still not affected by this move. It seems that Oddish isn't trying hard enough. Oddish just forgot Psychic.

Again, Oddish tries to get this pokemon mad. He brushes the leaves all over Spinarak and calls it names as well. Spinarak's eyes tilt in as he is getting mad. He begins to do a growling sound at the Oddish. Oddish jumps off of the Spinarak and runs away from it quickly. Spinarak's eyes are glowing red and he runs towards the opponent quickly. It doesn't seem like he is listening to his trainer either. When Spinarak gets over there, he hits the Oddish a few times to maybe let out some of his anger, but it's no use. He is still very angry.

Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 38%
~Vitals: In a little pain, has a few scratches on its body; Fatigue: 45%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Vitals: Has a few scratches on its body still, Is very pissed; Fatigue: 47%

Syberia
11th July 2003, 11:52 PM
Hack him to pieces with another combo of Frustration and Fury Swipes, and finish with a nice Sonic Boom.

Frustration + Fury Swipes~Sonic Boom

Icy
12th July 2003, 02:05 PM
I'm tired right now so I may make some horrible mistakes....

First off, use a nice Double Team so it's confused...

Then Sleep Powder until success...

If you have successfully made it go to sleep by now, Double-Edge

Double Team~Sleep Powder~Sleep Powder/Double-Edge

Matt
24th July 2003, 09:50 PM
Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 38%
~Vitals: In a little pain, has a few scratches on its body; Fatigue: 45%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Vitals: Has a few scratches on its body still, Is very pissed; Fatigue: 47%

-Attacks-

- Syberia - - Frustration + Fury Swipes - - Sonic Boom -

- Icy - - Double Team - - Sleep Powder - - Sleep Powder/Double-Edge -

Round V

The trainers order out their attacks and the pokemon get ready :>.

The round begins quickly with the enraged Spinarak getting ready to run towards the Oddish. Spinarak hastily crawls towards the Oddish. Oddish uses one of its own attacks before that Spinarak gets too close to it. It begins to glow bright. Then, it starts to split into five clones. Spinarak gets over to the Oddish, but it doesn't seem to care that there is more than one target in front of it. It quickly picks one of them to hit and starts to slash it uncontrollably. Soon, it finishes and the thing that it was hitting disappears! He hit a clone; Spinarak gets away from the Oddish, sweat all over its body. It seems to be calmed down now.

Oddish starts to giggle at how the Spinarak was unable to hit it. The leaves on its head start to rock back and forth; soon powder comes shooting out of the leaves and it slowly floats over to the Spinarak. Spinarak inhales the powder not knowing of the effect of it. The spider’s eyes begin to droop as it gets tired. Finally, its eyes close and it falls asleep. Oddish is happy about this.

This time, Oddish starts to run very fast. It gets over to where Spinarak is and runs into it. The spider twitches a little in its sleep. It’s sleeping very soft now. About anything can wake it up now.

Icy

~Oddish | ? | ?
~Health: 33%
~Vitals: Has 4 clones out, Happy at the outcome of this round; Fatigue: 57%

Syberia

~Spinarak | M | Aragog
~Health: 45%
~Vitals: Is getting bruised up; Fatigue: 56%
~Status Conditions: Sleeping but very light

Icy
25th July 2003, 10:48 PM
Well, lets see...

Body Slam it as HARD AS POSSIBLE. Take your time though, make this last hit count... hopefully paralyzing it, seeing as it's only a spider.

Next, use a Stun Spore if it isnt paralyzed to majorly hinder it's movement. If it is paralyzed, simply stay away and cut at it's legs with a Razor Leaf. Finish off with another Razor Leaf.

In case of Double Team or any web-using attack, Razor Leaf it away. In case of Psychic use Mimic...

Body Slam~Stun Spore/Razor Leaf~Razor Leaf

Syberia
26th July 2003, 07:28 PM
Icy, Oddish can't Body Slam. That being said...

Sleep Talks until you wake up, at which case I want you to Dig underground to avoid the Stun Spore if it is the second action. If not, and you are already paralyzed, that can't be helped. Just wipe out all the clones with a widespread Sonic Boom.

Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk/Dig~Sleep Talk/Sonic Boom

Icy
12th August 2003, 08:09 PM
o.o i'll be gone next week, i may still have access to the internet tho. :\ Anyway, I don't think DQ will be a problem for me *cough cough*

Gengar's Shadow
18th August 2003, 09:21 PM
I am your new ref. Be afraid. My health and such go faster than matts.

Syberia VS Icy!

~)- Aragog (Spinarak M) -(~
=45 | C | Bruised, Sleeping light

~)- Oddish (Oddish ?) -(~
=33 | C | 4 Clones

Aragog Sleep Talk - Sleep Talk - Sleep Talk

Oddish Body Slam - Stun Spore - Razor Leaf

>>Fight<<

The two young battlers face off...but one is sleeping. Oddish, confused with the unfamiliar move guesses that its jumping ontop of Spinarak, but doesnt want to take the chance. Instead, she takes a breather. However, bad choice. A glob of toxin from the sleeping Aragog flies at Oddish, who is now sitting down. The glob hits her, but doesnt do anything. Maybe because Oddish is part posion, knowing the secrets of Toxic. Anyways, another thing comes from the sleeping Spinarak, Aragog. He suddenly makes a hole in the ground and burrows under. Oddish now gets up, and sees a hole in the ground. However, not seeing Aragog he shoots sharp leaves into the ground. Alot. he didnt want to use Stun Spore because he didnt exactly know where Aragog is, and Razor Leaf is if it hits it will hurt. They miss the burrowed Aragog who is sleeping, but only by a bit. Once again something comes from underground. A huge flash of light blinds Oddish a bit. This ends round 5...

~)- Aragog (Spinarak M) -(~
=45 | C- | Burrowed, Still sleeping

~)- Oddish (Oddish ?) -(~
=33 | B- | 4 Clones, Blinded a little

There.

Syberia
21st August 2003, 06:21 PM
Lazy, so these will be simple. Sleep Talk until you wake up, in which case I want you to Dig yourself out of the ground and wipe out all of his clones with a Sonic Boom. If you still have an action left, use Night Shade.

Sleep Talk/Dig~Sleep Talk/Dig/Sonic Boom~Sleep Talk/Dig/Sonic Boom/Night Shade

Icy
22nd August 2003, 03:03 PM
Not using stun spore because the opponent is in a hole is, at best, stupid. :\ He dug into a friggin hole, not an underground maze...

Anyway...

:\ Since digging gives the opponent some kind of invincibility that I didn't know about, I want you to use Swords Dance until it comes out of that hole, :\ make sure you're far away from the whole though. The exact second he gets out of that hole, I want you to Double-Edge him (:\ Double-Edge/Take Down/Body Slam... ALL THE SAME THING)... Use Take Down after the Sonic Boom.... and if there is another action left, use Sweet Scent before it Night Shade's you...

Swords Dance/Double-Edge~Swords Dance/Double-Edge/Take Down~Swords Dance/Double-Edge/Take Down/Sweet Scent

Syberia
30th August 2003, 03:02 PM
*walks in, all official-like*

Ahem... "Due to the mutual consent by both parties involved, this battle is now being declared DEAD! Thank you."

*leaves*