PDA

View Full Version : Freeloader (GC)?

absolutotodile
18th December 2002, 06:00 AM
I have heard rumors of a device called Freeloader. This device apparently goes into the gamecube to allow NTSC games to play on PAL systems and vica versa. I am unsure if this is official or unofficial and whether it is real. If anyone has heard of such a device please tell me. If possible give me a link to where I can find more information.
If this isn't real does anyone know if there are any other ways to play NTSC games on a PAL system (a chip maybe) even if it voids the warranty that one may have on their GC.

dienamight
18th December 2002, 06:16 AM
It's 100% real and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't screw up your warranty. You can order it from a ton of places(therage.com, videogamesjapan.com, etc).

I might get one myself... some day.

Master Rudy
23rd December 2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by dienamight
It's 100% real and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't screw up your warranty. You can order it from a ton of places(therage.com, videogamesjapan.com, etc).

I might get one myself... some day.

Well I haven't heard of this but I can tell you right now that if it exists it would void your warranty. I don't care if it's Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft we're talking about here. None of them would make something like that for any of their systems and the moment you use something unofficial on your system your warranty goes right out the window. If it does exist and your intrested in playing imports then by all means I would say go ahead and get it. However if your worried about losing your warranty then perhaps it would be best to hold off for the time being ^_~

Vidgamer
23rd December 2002, 07:36 PM
incorrect Rudy, it is an external device, you place the freeloader disk in the GC then swap it with your copy of the game and it loads it up, there is no way for Nintendo to trace you have used it, Thus not voiding your warranty.

Slowking Man
28th December 2002, 10:23 PM
Yeah, it's real. I remember it being reported about on IGN a while ago... I believe it's for all three major consoles (GameCube, PS2, XBox).

And yes, you can mod your system to play games from different regions. It's done by installing a mod chip.

dienamight
29th December 2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Slowking Man
Yeah, it's real. I remember it being reported about on IGN a while ago... I believe it's for all three major consoles (GameCube, PS2, XBox).

No, the Freeloader is GC only.

kool aid man
29th December 2002, 01:45 AM
i've heard about it, but it keeps on getting bumped back on the release list on ebgames.com, sounds good but i don't see it coming out for a long time