PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Shiney pokemon

Red Gyrados Trainer
16th June 2003, 11:15 AM
This has probly been done so if so sorry but, someone tel me the odds of running into a shiney pokemon and which pokemonhave u caught (shiney) obviously i have caught the red gyrados and i cheated to get a black and white houndour what about u?

Sir Chris
16th June 2003, 11:27 AM
Cheating to get arare pokemon is both stupid and useless, you should actually take the time and the effort to catch a pokemon you want instead of resulting to cheating to do so.

As well, I believe the odds are around 1/1000 or maybe a bit better, not really sure about that number at the moment

I myself have around 20 shineys, but they arent that good in battle since they stats are horrible so they go into box 13 ;/

~ Chris

Red Gyrados Trainer
16th June 2003, 11:31 AM
All right al right, i wont bother cheating anymore then, jeeesh, anyway what are the shineys u have then

Red Gyrados Trainer
16th June 2003, 11:35 AM
ok, ok, i wont cheat anymore then, jeesh, anyway what are the shineys u have then

Number1ChanseyFan
16th June 2003, 11:39 AM
I think that the odds of finding a shiny in the wild are about 1 in 8192, they are extremely hard to find!! Anyways, the shinys that I have are...

Gold-Gyarados, Spearow, Fearow

I was looking for Heracross for so long, that I actually found two shiny Spearows before I found Heracross, so I evolved one into a Fearow, and kept the other as a Spearow.

Silver-Gyarados

Crystal-Gyarados

I don't have much luck finding shinies!! lol

EDIT: @Red Gyrados Trainer: Why did you post twice and say almost the same thing?

*Murkrow
16th June 2003, 12:45 PM
Those sound about the right odds, yet I've got a bunch.Unfortunatley they're mostly the same Pokémon :P

Silver
Gyarados
4-5 Raticate's(one was a Rattata)
Butterfree
Persian(was a Meowth)

Crystal
Gyarados
Sneasel(bred)
Raticate

Gold
Gyarados

Don't ask why I have that many Raticates, they just kept on appearing.Oddly enough, all in the same spot, in both Silver and Crystal(not the Rattata though).
I'm hoping to breed for a Murkrow now though, to get me closer to having my dream team.Pity I can't get a shiny Suicune.I got bored trying ;o
Oh yeah, and I tried for ages for a shiny Ho-oh, but got bored and gave up(notice a pattern:rolleyes:).Might try for a Lugia if I can be bothered.:rolleyes:

LightNinetales
16th June 2003, 12:51 PM
owwwwwwwww......I've played to my silver version for more than 200 hours and...no shinies yet!
In my crystal version,I have a Shiny Magby. -^_____^-

crazybone
16th June 2003, 05:33 PM
Heh. If you breed though, you have a 1 in 64 chance.

I myself have around 20 shineys, but they arent that good in battle since they stats are horrible so they go into box 13 ;/

For in-game? I would rather be happy with shinies in-game wise. Most of the time, since a good 80% of the time the Pokemon you encounter in the wild will have DVs/a certain DV that are/is less than 9, while shinies have guaranteed 10's with the exception of the crappy HP DV, which blows. Some wild Pogeyz do have 10+ DVs in certain areas, but then have 3-ish DVs in other spots, so the balance really sucks. With constant, you're in for a semi-good deal.

Unless of course, you breed all Pokemon, and catch legendaries repetitively. ;[ Which is a pain in the *** forSuicune/Raikou/Entei since their DVs are set when they are released.

Heh. As of now, I have 0 shinies.

Hydrocannon
16th June 2003, 10:49 PM
For a shiny pokemon,

Attack dv is 2, 3, 6, 7, A, B, E, or F.
Defense dv is A.
Speedd dv is A.
Special dv is A.

So the probability is (8/16)*(1/16)*(1/16)*(1/16), or 1 in 8192. In the wild.

Cheesey
17th June 2003, 09:26 AM
Well, I have a shiney Ursaring.

Red Gyrados Trainer
17th June 2003, 11:37 AM
sorry didnt mean too post twice, stupid computer. :mad:

Red Gyrados Trainer
17th June 2003, 11:45 AM
anyone ever caught a shiney legendary? the odds must be like 1/1000000!

Sir Chris
17th June 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by crazybone

For in-game? I would rather be happy with shinies in-game wise. Most of the time, since a good 80% of the time the Pokemon you encounter in the wild will have DVs/a certain DV that are/is less than 9, while shinies have guaranteed 10's with the exception of the crappy HP DV, which blows. Some wild Pogeyz do have 10+ DVs in certain areas, but then have 3-ish DVs in other spots, so the balance really sucks. With constant, you're in for a semi-good deal.

Unless of course, you breed all Pokemon, and catch legendaries repetitively. ;[ Which is a pain in the *** forSuicune/Raikou/Entei since their DVs are set when they are released.

Heh. As of now, I have 0 shinies.

I won't even tell you the horror stories I have had, but I have a perfect suicune/raikou =\. *shudders remembering what he had to do*

oh and my shinys are;

Heracross
pidgeot
eevee
totodile =o!

thats all I can remember w/o turning my gb on :O

~ Chris

Bacl
17th June 2003, 02:07 PM

Really? So if I take my shiny male Gyrados and breed it with my female Charizard...would you say that if she laid one hundred eggs it would be likely that at least one would be a shiny Charmander?

One hundred eggs isn't so bad. Five in a party cycling in circles...oy...but for a shiny Char....

Chris 2.1
17th June 2003, 02:15 PM
I have a purple Delibird, who rools, a goldy/lght brown Raticate (was a silver Rattata), a Red Gyrados, a green Pidgeot (was golden Pidgey/otto) and two blue dittos.

I wish Deli could come to Sapphire with me....

SupremeChampion
17th June 2003, 09:05 PM
i have only one shiny... a nice red gyarados... oh well, i guess i'll keep looking.

~The Italian Stallion

crazybone
17th June 2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by SirChris
I won't even tell you the horror stories I have had, but I have a perfect suicune/raikou =\. *shudders remembering what he had to do*

oh and my shinys are;

Heracross
pidgeot
eevee
totodile =o!

thats all I can remember w/o turning my gb on :O

~ Chris

Chris sharks =p :-O~

Sir Chris
17th June 2003, 09:30 PM
Chris sharks =p :-O~

actually I just transferred masterballs to my gold cart and kept capturing/restarting at last save point with suicune/raikou till I got them

it took me over 1000 tries

Hi I have no life :wave:

~ Chris

pikachu1512
22nd June 2003, 02:31 PM
I started with a shiny totodile :D

In my team is a shiny Togepi. and a shiny pikachu. (odd egg evoloution) thats it.

PIO
23rd June 2003, 04:10 PM
Gyarados, Rhyhorn, Magikarp, Goldeen.

master jao
24th June 2003, 06:54 AM
never found any (except red gayarados, the magby egg, and an agron on the saphire rom (but it doesn't count))

Dragonfree
24th June 2003, 10:15 AM
*sigh* I've played thousands of hours on Gold, Crystal, Sapphire and Crystal after I restarted it, still I only have one Red Gyarados (beat it on Gold). Both odd eggs hatched into normal Cleffas (or did one hatch into an Igglybuff?) and since neither me nor anyone I know has ever seen a shiny pokémon on any game, everyone could as well be having a big conspiracy against me and shinies don't exist...

PIO
24th June 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Red Gyrados Trainer
anyone ever caught a shiney legendary? the odds must be like 1/1000000!

Yes, shiny Larvitar...raised it to get shiny Tyranitar. Then again, Tyranitar isn't really legendary but some people consider it one because of its amazing stats

Amakeo
25th June 2003, 01:18 AM
I got lucky and one of my two mewtwos turned out to be shiny
its a pink Mewtwo and its stats rock!

Deltaway
16th July 2003, 03:15 PM
I didn't have any balls with me when I battled a shiney krabby.
DARN!!:(

Strider
16th July 2003, 09:21 PM
From what I can remember, the only shinies I had were Gyrados (of course), a Nidoran and, if I remember right, a Rhydon.

The Nidoran I caught by pure chance actually. I was trying to get a Chansey at the time. Rhydon was another pure chance one as well.. ;x

Bitey
16th July 2003, 09:37 PM
Other than Gyarados, I have no shinies. Since I restarted, I have seen no shinies. I tried to breed my Chinchou with the Gyarados, but I got discouraged by the lack of success and gave up.

Deltaway
17th July 2003, 05:40 PM
You will never get a shiney if you try that approach. You cannot breed a shiney uless it is the same species as the shiney pokemon.
While we are on the subject of very rare happenings, has anyone gotten PokeRUS?

Fossil Kabutops
19th July 2003, 04:21 PM
The onley one I have are:

Red Gyrados (Duh)
Golden Ratticate
Silver Tentacool

Deltaway
20th July 2003, 03:57 PM
I've heard there is a cheat to make a Pokemon shiney. Something about the national Park.

Megamaster
21st July 2003, 10:23 AM
I have some shinneys......... 2 rattatas, the gyarados, 1 golbat, 1 rapidash, 1 noctowl (was a hoot hoot), 1 scyzor (was a scyther)... and someone else i can't remember now.......

A question... is it true that breeding pokémon have a 1/64 chance to make a new shinny? Tell me all the details..... I tried with my gyarados and... nothing!

Please, tell me all about this.........:(

THANKS!:)

Deltaway
21st July 2003, 12:01 PM
I know that in R/S there is.
You have a ton of shineys

*Murkrow
21st July 2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Deltaway
You will never get a shiney if you try that approach. You cannot breed a shiney uless it is the same species as the shiney pokemon.

If thats true then how did I get a shiny Sneasel by breeding a shiny Raticate and a Sneasel together or a shiny Farfetch'd by using the shiny Raticate and a Farfetch'd?

And yes, I've gotten the Pokérus. Still have it actually, it's on one of my Sneasel's in a box.

Oh yeah, the chances of breeding a shiny are 1/64 if one of the parents is a shiny.

Crystal Arcanine
23rd July 2003, 02:22 PM
i would kill for a shiney heracross and i tried to get a shiney lugia i tried about 10 times then i thought what are the odds lol and gave up ( trust me too ) :yes: .

Strider
23rd July 2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Megamaster
A question... is it true that breeding pokémon have a 1/64 chance to make a new shinny? Tell me all the details..... I tried with my gyarados and... nothing!

Please, tell me all about this.........:(

THANKS!:)

I don't remember very well, but wasn't it with a Ditto that the chances of a shiny offspring are 1/64, and with any other Poké, it depends on the other DVs? I'm not really sure here... :E

But it sure beats trying to find wild shinies. Chances are about 1:4096, I believe.

bb88
30th July 2003, 12:34 PM
I've never found a shiny pokemon, despite racking in countless hours of in-game time. I have, however, caught the Pokerus :)

Bitey
3rd August 2003, 11:23 PM
Odds of shiny breeding is only 1:64 if the shiny parent is a Ditto. If Ditto is not a parent, the odds are lower depending on the odds of a baby having a given gender.

When neither parent is a Ditto, the baby gets its defense and special dvs from the parent that is the opposite of its gender, ie. if the baby is male, it will get dvs from the mother.

If the baby's species has a 50/50 chance of being either male or female, the odds of being shiny will be 1:128.

Chris 2.1
7th August 2003, 10:43 AM
I hatched a shiny Psyduck today ^^ its like a dark blue colour...it's really cool! The Golduck will be a light blue, a great colour, with red webbed bits :)

watermaster
9th August 2003, 10:43 AM
well I have a shiny nidorino that evolved from a nidoran, and a shiny donphan. ran into a shiny magnimite but it fled.

SupremeChampion
10th August 2003, 04:04 PM
i myself have seen one shiny (not including gyrados) and when i went to battle it it fled before i could even attack one. *sighs* oh well, back to the hunt.

~The Italian Stallion

Plague
13th August 2003, 06:11 PM
Shiny Pokemon have lower stats than you can get on normal Pokemon on GSC, so they are not worth it. They are just Trophies.

crazybone
17th August 2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Plague
Shiny Pokemon have lower stats than you can get on normal Pokemon on GSC, so they are not worth it. They are just Trophies.

I don't think Pokemon with 10+ DVd pop up in GSC constantly... in fact, it is very hard to find something like that. Most Pokemon, "normal Pokemon" as you put it, encountered in the wild have unbalanced stats, they might score great in a certain rating, but have a crappy rating for another rating. True, shinies may not have the best of stats, but it is very hard to find a Pokemon in the game with better all-rounded stats than the stats shinies have. Shinies are actually worth using, if you don't have a 68 Def + 68 Spc Ditto.

@Deltaway ~ The National Park trick works with the Japanese version only. Nintendo fixed it when they transfered PKMN GSC from Japanese to English.

@Sneasel(h)Obsessive ~ I think Deltaway meant that two shinies, not one shiny and one normal, could not generate a shiny offspring.

Also, BTW guys, shinies of a certain species have the same colours, meaning that all shiny Gyarados' will be red, and all shiny Nidoran [F]'s will be pink. If someone says "I have a blue Hypno" and another person says "I have a green Hypno", it is obvious that one of the two is lying. :d Or one of the two has colour differientation (<--Is that a word) problems. :d

Also, for those of you that haven't encountered shinies, you probably have, but simply ran away/killed it. Shinies do not all sprinkle at the start of a battle, and even worse, some shinies are normally coloured when you encouter them, and change colours only after caught them and view thier profile... Nidoran [F] is an example. It is blue when you encounter it in the wild, and changes its colour only once you caught it, turning pink. <---According to Nintendo.

SupremeChampion
17th August 2003, 08:23 PM
most people don't see the sense in balance when it comes to poké stats. either way, they are prolly good in ingame battles, but link battles i think most people assume they wouldn't fare as well.

bb88~ you never gave me the pokérus like you said you would! don't think i forgot!:mad:!

~The Italian Stallion

Dragon_Claw
18th August 2003, 10:44 AM
3 weeks ago I had a blue Tyrogue, it evolved in a Hitmonchan with blue clothes.

And a couple ago, I found a bronze Onix. It was in victory road, wasn't expecting it. It was dark outside so I didn't exactly knew if it was shiny. But it sucked it was Onix, because I caught a Onix the first chance I had, so I didn't have Iron Tail anymore. But a friend gave it to me, so now I'm fine.

bb88
19th August 2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SupremeChampion
most people don't see the sense in balance when it comes to poké stats. either way, they are prolly good in ingame battles, but link battles i think most people assume they wouldn't fare as well.

bb88~ you never gave me the pokérus like you said you would! don't think i forgot!:mad:!

~The Italian Stallion

I thought I did? Well next time we hangout I'll bring my game and I'll infect you.

Now that didn't sound good, did it?

Mikey
19th August 2003, 10:44 PM
I have a few shinies.

My first was a shiny Hoothoot that evolved into Noctowl, so I have

Noctowl
Kingler
Skarmory

For R/S
Zigzagoon

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 11:05 PM
I've once found a shiny Pupitar. It took me ages while searching in Mount Silver.

I've found other shinies as well but they're not as impressive as the Pupitar.

Lynx Wolverina
22nd August 2003, 12:56 PM
I have shinies only gyarados and ditto...I never find any

grandyc1
24th August 2003, 01:56 PM
Gold:
Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Totodile (Now Feraligatr) and Cyndaquil (Now Typhlosion)

Silver:
Raikou

Crystal:
Crobat, Noctowl, Houndoom, Blissey, Togetic, Suicune and Entei

Topaz:
Mareep (Now Ampharos), Bellsprout (Now Weepinbell), Geodude (now Graveler) and Poliwag

andyizcool
26th August 2003, 08:47 AM
I know they're on different versions but how did you get the beasts Shiny?

~Andrew

grandyc1
26th August 2003, 03:25 PM
beasts?

andyizcool
27th August 2003, 06:56 AM
You know Raikou, Suicune and Entei are the beasts. How did you get them all Shiny?

~Andrew

grandyc1
27th August 2003, 08:23 PM
i found them in the wild

andyizcool
29th August 2003, 12:26 PM
I'm not going to believe you found ALL the Beasts in the wild and they were shiny. Shinys are rare to find so shiny beasts would be really rare. Also it would be rare to get ALL of them shiny. Also you have a cheat cartiage and I know no one online or offline that has more than 1 shiny beast.

~Andrew

grandyc1
29th August 2003, 01:00 PM
i know that you are just jealous not all of them are mine i got most of them in trades

andyizcool
29th August 2003, 01:08 PM
I believe you a bit that you could that them off your friends but still they are mega rare Shiny and getting all of them this does sound a bit weird.

~Andrew

SupremeChampion
31st August 2003, 06:56 AM
hey, here's an idea. let's all stop this senseless bickering and drop it. so the kid has all the legendary doggies shiny. yea, it seems weird but if he says they're all legitimate, then you have to believe him. so please, no more fighting or you'll both be warned.

~The Italian Stallion

andyizcool
31st August 2003, 02:08 PM
Sorry about talking like that I would love to have all the Shiny Beasts or even one but looks like you got very lucky and have good friends.

~Andrew

grandyc1
31st August 2003, 08:17 PM
the friend that gave me raikou has a cheat device and maybe he used it for him but im not sure but every other one is 100% legite

Amphie
6th September 2003, 11:18 AM
I have some shinys in "Crystal" too:
-shiny Cyndaquil
-shiny Bellosom
-shiny Ditto
-shiny Spinarak--Ariados
-shiny Pichu--Pikachu--Raichu
-shiny Cleffa--Clefary
-shiny Igglypuff--Jigglypuff
and of course, shiny Gyarados :)

Anime_fan
13th September 2003, 08:00 PM
i have one since i started a new game on crystal and thats cleffa (from the first egg i got from the daycare ppl it was a shiney claffa :D)

JoeMan800
18th September 2003, 06:29 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble guys,but I'm the proud owner of a Shiny Raikou in crystal! :D

When I was walking in the grass,POOF! A shiny Raikou appears! I just threw my Master Ball at Raikou lol and w00t,I just bagged me a shiny Legendary :).

Crystal Mew
19th September 2003, 11:44 PM
Besides my red gyrados, I also have a shiny meowth :D he's purple :} and I almost caught a shiny oddish, but he died :( >_>; I actually didn't see it was shiny untill too late... really, it isn't good to play videogames while watching tv. :no:

ShinyVulpix
20th September 2003, 07:36 AM
i have only red Gyarados
:(
but i have a Lv.100 Raikou
and he learned

THUNDER
EARTHQUAKE
SLEEPTALK
PROTECT

what do you think about his move?:D

Number1ChanseyFan
20th September 2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ShinyVulpix
i have only red Gyarados
:(
but i have a Lv.100 Raikou
and he learned

THUNDER
EARTHQUAKE
SLEEPTALK
PROTECT

what do you think about his move?:D

Well, first of all, Raikou can't learn Earthquake without a Gameshark. Sleep Talk is good, but you will want Rest in the moveset to go with Sleep Talk. Also, go with Thunderbolt over Thunder. A good Raikou moveset will look something like this. :)

Raikou

Thunderbolt
Crunch
Sleep Talk
Rest
@Leftovers.

ShinyVulpix
4th October 2003, 12:16 AM
I used the NATIONAL PARK trick to get EARTHQUAKE
I don't know if it works in English version but I have the mix version(means English version but in someplace its appeared in Japanese)So I can use the trick that can only work in Japanese

Note: I have a pink KROBAT
:P (I've just caught a purple ZUBAT yesterday and raised it to KROBAT):D

Kyl3
4th October 2003, 04:13 PM
It's Crobat.

ShinyVulpix
11th October 2003, 01:09 AM
sorry

ShinyVulpix
11th October 2003, 02:17 AM
I've heard there's a code to get shiny pokemon
but I don't know how to do it. :confused:

Thanks Number1ChanseyFan for the Raikou's moveset.
:rolleyes: 8)

Number1ChanseyFan
11th October 2003, 09:48 AM
Ok, I will give you 2 codes for Gold/Silver, and 2 codes for Crystal. The first code will make it so that every wild Pokémon that you encounter will be shiny. The second code will make it so that only one kind of Pokémon will appear in the wild. So if you use both codes together, you will be able to get whatever shiny Pokémon that you want.

Gold/Silver

Every Pokémon that you encounter will be shiny: 010719D1

Pokémon always appears in the wild: 01**EDD0

*For this code, replace the ** with the letter/numbers listed below to catch that particular Pokémon*

01 - Bulbasaur
02 - Ivysaur
03 - Venusaur
04 - Charmander
05 - Charmeleon
06 - Charizard
07 - Squirtle
08 - Wartortle
09 - Blastoise
0A - Caterpie
0B - Metapod
0C - Butterfree
0D - Weedle
0E - Kakuna
0F - Beedrill
10 - Pidgey
11 - Pidgeotto
12 - Pidgeot
13 - Rattata
14 - Raticate
15 - Spearow
16 - Fearow
17 - Ekans
18 - Arbok
19 - Pikachu
1A - Raichu
1B - Sandshrew
1C - Sandslash
1D - NidoranF
1E - Nidorina
1F - Nidoqueen
20 - NidoranM
21 - Nidorino
22 - Nidoking
23 - Clefairy
24 - Clefable
25 - Vulpix
26 - Ninetails
27 - Jigglypuff
28 - Wigglytuff
29 - Zubat
2A - Golbat
2B - Oddish
2C - Gloom
2D - Vileplume
2E - Paras
2F - Parasect
30 - Venonat
31 - Venomoth
32 - Diglett
33 - Dugtrio
34 - Meowth
35 - Persian
36 - Psyduck
37 - Golduck
38 - Mankey
39 - Primeape
3A - Growlithe
3B - Arcanine
3C - Poliwag
3D - Poliwhirl
3E - Poliwrath
3F - Abra
40 - Kadabra
41 - Alakazam
42 - Machop
43 - Machoke
44 - Machamp
45 - Bellsprout
46 - Weepinbell
47 - Victreebel
48 - Tentacool
49 - Tentacruel
4A - Geodude
4B - Graveler
4C - Golem
4D - Ponyta
4E - Rapidash
4F - Slowpoke
50 - Slowbro
51 - Magnemite
52 - Magneton
53 - Farfetch'd
54 - Doduo
55 - Dodrio
56 - Seel
57 - Dewgong
58 - Grimer
59 - Muk
5A - Shellder
5B - Cloyster
5C - Gastly
5D - Haunter
5E - Gengar
5F - Onix
60 - Drowzee
61 - Hypno
62 - Krabby
63 - Kingler
64 - Voltorb
65 - Electrode
66 - Exeggcute
67 - Exeggutor
68 - Cubone
69 - Marowak
6A - Hitmonlee
6B - Hitmonchan
6C - Lickitung
6D - Koffing
6E - Weezing
6F - Rhyhorn
70 - Rhydon
71 - Chansey
72 - Tangela
73 - Kangaskhan
74 - Horsea
75 - Seadra
76 - Goldeen
77 - Seaking
78 - Staryu
79 - Starmie
7A - Mr. Mime
7B - Scyther
7C - Jynx
7D - Electabuzz
7E - Magmar
7F - Pinsir
80 - Tauros
81 - Magikarp
82 - Gyarados
83 - Lapras
84 - Ditto
85 - Eevee
86 - Vaporeon
87 - Jolteon
88 - Flareon
89 - Porygon
8A - Omanyte
8B - Omastar
8C - Kabuto
8D - Kabutops
8E - Aerodactyl
8F - Snorlax
90 - Articuno
91 - Zapdos
92 - Moltres
93 - Dratini
94 - Dragonair
95 - Dragonite
96 - Mewtwo
97 - Mew
98 - Chikorita
99 - Bayleef
9A - Meganium
9B - Cyndaquil
9C - Quilava
9D - Typhlosion
9E - Totodile
9F - Croconaw
A0 - Feraligatr
A1 - Sentret
A2 - Furret
A3 - Hoothoot
A4 - Noctowl
A5 - Ledyba
A6 - Ledian
A7 - Spinarak
A8 - Ariados
A9 - Crobat
AA - Chinchou
AB - Lanturn
AC - Pichu
AD - Cleffa
AE - Igglybuff
AF - Togepi
B0 - Togetic
B1 - Natu
B2 - Xatu
B3 - Mareep
B4 - Flaaffy
B5 - Ampharos
B6 - Bellossom
B7 - Marill
B8 - Azumarill
B9 - Sudowoodo
BA - Politoed
BB - Hoppip
BC - Skiploom
BD - Jumpluff
BE - Aipom
BF - Sunkern
C0 - Sunflora
C1 - Yanma
C2 - Wooper
C3 - Quagsire
C4 - Espeon
C5 - Umbreon
C6 - Murkrow
C7 - Slowking
C8 - Misdreavus
C9 - Unown
CA - Wobbuffet
CB - Girafarig
CC - Pineco
CD - Forretress
CE - Dunsparce
CF - Gligar
D0 - Steelix
D1 - Snubbull
D2 - Granbull
D3 - Qwilfish
D4 - Scizor
D5 - Shuckle
D6 - Heracross
D7 - Sneasel
D8 - Teddiursa
D9 - Ursaring
DA - Slugma
DB - Magcargo
DC - Swinub
DD - Piloswine
DE - Corsola
DF - Remoraid
E0 - Octillery
E1 - Delibird
E2 - Mantine
E3 - Skarmory
E4 - Houndour
E5 - Houndoom
E6 - Kingdra
E7 - Phanpy
E8 - Donphan
E9 - Porygon2
EA - Stantler
EB - Smeargle
EC - Tyrogue
ED - Hitmontop
EE - Smoochum
EF - Elekid
F0 - Magby
F1 - Miltank
F2 - Blissey
F3 - Raikou
F4 - Entei
F5 - Suicune
F6 - Larvitar
F7 - Pupitar
F8 - Tyranitar
F9 - Lugia
FA - Ho-oh
FB - Celebi

Crystal

Every Pokémon that you encounter will be shiny: 010730D2

Pokémon always appears in the wild: 91**04D2

*For this code, replace the ** with the letter/numbers listed below to catch that particular Pokémon*

01 - Bulbasaur
02 - Ivysaur
03 - Venusaur
04 - Charmander
05 - Charmeleon
06 - Charizard
07 - Squirtle
08 - Wartortle
09 - Blastoise
0A - Caterpie
0B - Metapod
0C - Butterfree
0D - Weedle
0E - Kakuna
0F - Beedrill
10 - Pidgey
11 - Pidgeotto
12 - Pidgeot
13 - Rattata
14 - Raticate
15 - Spearow
16 - Fearow
17 - Ekans
18 - Arbok
19 - Pikachu
1A - Raichu
1B - Sandshrew
1C - Sandslash
1D - NidoranF
1E - Nidorina
1F - Nidoqueen
20 - NidoranM
21 - Nidorino
22 - Nidoking
23 - Clefairy
24 - Clefable
25 - Vulpix
26 - Ninetails
27 - Jigglypuff
28 - Wigglytuff
29 - Zubat
2A - Golbat
2B - Oddish
2C - Gloom
2D - Vileplume
2E - Paras
2F - Parasect
30 - Venonat
31 - Venomoth
32 - Diglett
33 - Dugtrio
34 - Meowth
35 - Persian
36 - Psyduck
37 - Golduck
38 - Mankey
39 - Primeape
3A - Growlithe
3B - Arcanine
3C - Poliwag
3D - Poliwhirl
3E - Poliwrath
3F - Abra
40 - Kadabra
41 - Alakazam
42 - Machop
43 - Machoke
44 - Machamp
45 - Bellsprout
46 - Weepinbell
47 - Victreebel
48 - Tentacool
49 - Tentacruel
4A - Geodude
4B - Graveler
4C - Golem
4D - Ponyta
4E - Rapidash
4F - Slowpoke
50 - Slowbro
51 - Magnemite
52 - Magneton
53 - Farfetch'd
54 - Doduo
55 - Dodrio
56 - Seel
57 - Dewgong
58 - Grimer
59 - Muk
5A - Shellder
5B - Cloyster
5C - Gastly
5D - Haunter
5E - Gengar
5F - Onix
60 - Drowzee
61 - Hypno
62 - Krabby
63 - Kingler
64 - Voltorb
65 - Electrode
66 - Exeggcute
67 - Exeggutor
68 - Cubone
69 - Marowak
6A - Hitmonlee
6B - Hitmonchan
6C - Lickitung
6D - Koffing
6E - Weezing
6F - Rhyhorn
70 - Rhydon
71 - Chansey
72 - Tangela
73 - Kangaskhan
74 - Horsea
75 - Seadra
76 - Goldeen
77 - Seaking
78 - Staryu
79 - Starmie
7A - Mr. Mime
7B - Scyther
7C - Jynx
7D - Electabuzz
7E - Magmar
7F - Pinsir
80 - Tauros
81 - Magikarp
82 - Gyarados
83 - Lapras
84 - Ditto
85 - Eevee
86 - Vaporeon
87 - Jolteon
88 - Flareon
89 - Porygon
8A - Omanyte
8B - Omastar
8C - Kabuto
8D - Kabutops
8E - Aerodactyl
8F - Snorlax
90 - Articuno
91 - Zapdos
92 - Moltres
93 - Dratini
94 - Dragonair
95 - Dragonite
96 - Mewtwo
97 - Mew
98 - Chikorita
99 - Bayleef
9A - Meganium
9B - Cyndaquil
9C - Quilava
9D - Typhlosion
9E - Totodile
9F - Croconaw
A0 - Feraligatr
A1 - Sentret
A2 - Furret
A3 - Hoothoot
A4 - Noctowl
A5 - Ledyba
A6 - Ledian
A7 - Spinarak
A8 - Ariados
A9 - Crobat
AA - Chinchou
AB - Lanturn
AC - Pichu
AD - Cleffa
AE - Igglybuff
AF - Togepi
B0 - Togetic
B1 - Natu
B2 - Xatu
B3 - Mareep
B4 - Flaaffy
B5 - Ampharos
B6 - Bellossom
B7 - Marill
B8 - Azumarill
B9 - Sudowoodo
BA - Politoed
BB - Hoppip
BC - Skiploom
BD - Jumpluff
BE - Aipom
BF - Sunkern
C0 - Sunflora
C1 - Yanma
C2 - Wooper
C3 - Quagsire
C4 - Espeon
C5 - Umbreon
C6 - Murkrow
C7 - Slowking
C8 - Misdreavus
C9 - Unown
CA - Wobbuffet
CB - Girafarig
CC - Pineco
CD - Forretress
CE - Dunsparce
CF - Gligar
D0 - Steelix
D1 - Snubbull
D2 - Granbull
D3 - Qwilfish
D4 - Scizor
D5 - Shuckle
D6 - Heracross
D7 - Sneasel
D8 - Teddiursa
D9 - Ursaring
DA - Slugma
DB - Magcargo
DC - Swinub
DD - Piloswine
DE - Corsola
DF - Remoraid
E0 - Octillery
E1 - Delibird
E2 - Mantine
E3 - Skarmory
E4 - Houndour
E5 - Houndoom
E6 - Kingdra
E7 - Phanpy
E8 - Donphan
E9 - Porygon2
EA - Stantler
EB - Smeargle
EC - Tyrogue
ED - Hitmontop
EE - Smoochum
EF - Elekid
F0 - Magby
F1 - Miltank
F2 - Blissey
F3 - Raikou
F4 - Entei
F5 - Suicune
F6 - Larvitar
F7 - Pupitar
F8 - Tyranitar
F9 - Lugia
FA - Ho-oh
FB - Celebi

Silverchan
11th October 2003, 11:57 AM
I'd rather not cheat to get shiny Pokemon. I'll use me luck.

ShinyVulpix
23rd October 2003, 01:46 AM
Thanks Number1ChanseyFan I'll try it with my Crystal.

Note :
I get the move that my Raikou can't learn by NATIONALPARK trick
I'll tell you how to do it (I'm not sure if it works in English version)

1. Get 3 pkmn in your party
1st have to have Fly
2nd is the pkmn that can learn the move that you want
3rd is the pkmn that you want it to learn the strange move

In my case 1st is Lugia 2nd is Dugtrio(able to learn Earthquake)
3rd is Raikou

2. Go to the NATIONALPARK and join the Bug catching competition.
Right there when you enter walk 1 step back he'll ask you if you want to finish press B button.
Then Fly to the city near NATIONALPARK.

3. When you're in front of pkmn center switch the 2nd pkmn with 3rd.(my Digtrio with my Raikou)

4. Go back to the NATIONALPARK you'll be out in black screen and
he'll ask you if you want to finish press A button you'll receive a Nut as a reward.

5.When th competition is over you can check you pkmn.
You 2nd pkmn was changed(my Raikou turn to Digtrio)
That means my Raikou can learn any move that Digtrio can.

6.Use TM to get the move that you want.

7.If you're finish then you can put your pkmn to DAYCARE to get it back to normal.
(I put my Raikou that display with Digtrio picture to DAYCARE and then get it back it'll be back to normal Raikou but still have
Earthquake that I've tought it)

ShinyVulpix
23rd October 2003, 01:51 AM
If anyone try this and it's works in English version please tell me.

DarkFenix
24th October 2003, 01:02 PM
I have a shiny Ho-oh and Lugia, which I spent most of the 453.5 hours I've been playing on my gold version trying to get. Lugia is currently at lvl 100 and I'm training Ho-oh to 100 as well. their stats really aren't as bad as people say they would be, plus when you play random people and they see you have both shiny they go nuts.

LightNinetales
25th October 2003, 10:56 AM
I caught a shiny Weedle in Crystal.
I was training my shiny Magby and I saw this Weedle.I looked at the weedle and I noticed she was shiny....^_^

titandude21
26th October 2003, 04:01 PM
I caught a shiny lv. 36 Onix in Victory Road... it has a pitiful 71 HP.

I failed to catch a shiny Ursaring a few months ago.

Julip
26th October 2003, 07:43 PM
In my Crystal version, I have Igglybuff (from odd egg), Ditto (from blue ditto trick), and a beautiful silver Tentacool I encountered in that lake/river beside new bark town when I first went to Kanto :D . My red Gyarados is currently stuck in the depths of box 11 of my Blue version because no-one has wanted to lend me an extra Gameboy after I finished doing the blue Ditto trick :mad: .

StellarWind
26th October 2003, 08:49 PM
Aside from the Red Gyarados (Which doesn't count) I only really had one shining Pokemon. 'Twas in an ancient Japanese ROM, And I guess I was REALLY lucky, because it was a Silver Suicune! ^_^

I caught it somehow. The only shiny I ever encountered....

Linux
27th October 2003, 12:38 AM
i have a shiny entei. meh, i wish it were suicune or raikou. entei = :no: i just like the look of them. i don't actually plan on battling on the game professionally, as much as anyone else wouldn't, so really people should stop complaining that they suck when it's for fun

other than entei i have a shiny ditto, gyarados, pikachu/raichu, cleffa/clefairy/clefable, gloom/vileplume, and piloswine.

Chris 2.1
31st October 2003, 03:02 PM
Update: I hatched a shiny Psyduck! its a nice light navy colour. I'm pretty chuffed; I was breeding for a mono team and this guy popped out! I wasn't expecting that!

#LOA#
1st November 2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan
I think that the odds of finding a shiny in the wild are about 1 in 8192, they are extremely hard to find!! Anyways, the shinys that I have are...

Gold-Gyarados, Spearow, Fearow

I was looking for Heracross for so long, that I actually found two shiny Spearows before I found Heracross, so I evolved one into a Fearow, and kept the other as a Spearow.

Silver-Gyarados

Crystal-Gyarados

I don't have much luck finding shinies!! lol

EDIT: @Red Gyrados Trainer: Why did you post twice and say almost the same thing?

I don't understand this thing of gold and silver shinny pokémons, can you explain me?

Chris 2.1
1st November 2003, 11:32 AM
Number 1 Chanseyfan has a shiny Gyrados on her silver version, and a shiny Gyrados on her gold version.

Number1ChanseyFan
1st November 2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by #LOA#
I don't understand this thing of gold and silver shinny pokémons, can you explain me?

Ok, in Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, you may encounter Pokémon that are differently colored then normal. Those Pokémon are called shinies. You will know when you encounter a shiny, because as soon as you encounter a shiny, the screen will flash, and the Pokémon will "sparkle" for about a second. Also, the Pokémon will be differently colored then their non-shiny counterparts. Sometimes the difference in color is very obvious, such as Corsola, who is pink and white when it is non-shiny, and blue and white when it is shiny. In other Pokémon, such as Spearow, the difference in color is not as obvious. Whenever you catch a shiny Pokémon, when you check it's status screen, there will be 3 little "plus signs" at the top of the screen. Once a Pokémon is shiny, it will always be shiny, outside of using a Gameshark, you can't "unshiny" a shiny Pokémon. If you evolve a shiny Pokémon, it will still be ahiny after it evolves. Shiny Pokémon can be found anywhere in the game. There is a 1/8192 chance that a Pokémon you encounter in the wild will be shiny. Any Pokémon can be shiny. The Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage is a shiny Pokémon.

Now, here is what makes a shiny Pokémon shiny...

Every Pokémon has a set of DVs. (Deter Values) DVs can never be changed, unless you use a Gameshark, and they are automatically set when you catch a Pokémon. Because DVs can't be changed, shinies can't become "unshinied." DVs decide what a Pokémon's "personal max stats" are. For example, Butterfree has a maximum Defense stat of 198. However, one Butterfree's Defense stat may go no higher then 178, while another's may be 190, and another's could be 184. If a Butterfree's Defense stat is 198, then it is said to have maximum Defense DVs. Anyways, DVs are used to decide a lot of different things, such as a Pokémon's personal max stats, a Pokémon's Hidden Power type and base power, and whether or not a Pokémon is shiny. DVs can be anywhere from 0-15, and each stat has it's own DV, except for Special Attack and Special Defense, they are combined into one DV. A DV of 15 means that the Pokémon will be able to reach it's species maximum for that stat, so a Butterfree with a Defense DV of 15 can have a Defense stat of 198, which is the maximum for it's species. If a Pokémon has a DV of 0 for a stat, then it's personal maximum for that stat will be 30 points lower then the maximum for it's species. For example, a Butterfree with a Defense DV of 0 will have a maximum of 168 for it's Defense stat. If a DV is lower then 15, then you subtract 2 points from the maximum stat for a Level 100 Pokémon for each 1 point that the DV is off from 15.

Here is a little chart to explain this better. The number on the left is the DV, and the number on the right is how much the Pokémon will be off of the max stat for it's species.

DV (# below max stat)

15 (0)
14 (2)
13 (4)
12 (6)
11 (8)
10 (10)
9 (12)
8 (14)
7 (16)
6 (18)
5 (20)
4 (22)
3 (24)
2 (26)
1 (28)
0 (30)

A Pokémon's DVs are completely random, except for it's DV for Hit Points. (HP) A Pokémon's HP DV is decided by the DVs for it's other stats.

If the attack DV is an odd number, add 8. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the defense DV is an odd number, add 4. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the speed DV is an odd number, add 2. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the special DV is an odd number, add 1. If it is an even number, add 0.

Ok, now, here is a listing of what DVs a Pokémon will have if it is shiny... :)

HP: 0 or 8.
Attack: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, or 15.
Defense: 10.
Speed: 10.
Special: 10.

LightNinetales
1st November 2003, 05:16 PM
Would a shiny be stronger than a normal-colored pokemon?
And why is the "shinyness" hereditary?

titandude21
1st November 2003, 05:22 PM
shinies are in fact weaker than normal pokemon, since shinies can't achieve max stats in any stat (except attack).

as for the shiny part, idk why it's there... i guess it looks good

Poryhedron
1st November 2003, 07:45 PM
Shines are not in fact weaker than normal pokémon. You say they're weaker because they can't achieve max stats, when really, only 1 out of 65,536 pokémon can. That's like calling whoever won the latest Strongest Man in the World competition a weakling because he can't punch through as much steel as Superman can. Among normal, regular, not-Sharked-for-Max-DV pokémon, Shines are actually better than average. They're not the top, but they're far from the bottom.

And shinyness is hereditary because bred pokémon get DVs from their parents. Since shinyness requires certain DVs, getting some of your DVs from a Shiny pokémon gives you a better chance of having all of your DVs shine-inducing.

Dark Power
2nd November 2003, 12:34 PM
wow, i go away for a while and i see my post has gone through the roof, i'm just a different name now so, anyway i still havent found anymore shineys! lol :rolleyes:

SWAMPERT1
2nd November 2003, 05:37 PM
i had a shiny weedil but it grew up:( . INTO A BID *** BEEDRILL!:D

Linux
3rd November 2003, 02:30 AM
Shines are not in fact weaker than normal pokémon. You say they're weaker because they can't achieve max stats, when really, only 1 out of 65,536 pokémon can.
which means the normal pokemon can be stronger, as they can obtain max stats and shinies cant

Poryhedron
3rd November 2003, 03:20 PM
I agree. They can be stronger. What you said earlier was that they will be stronger, and you're still phrasing your replies as if any non-shiny pokémon you ever catch can be made to have max DVs. Not everyone here uses GSbot and can happily pick any DVs they please.