View Full Version : Snots Vs. ---- (Ref: ----) Grass Battle

SNOTS FUBAR
16th June 2003, 07:39 PM
alright

1 on 1 grass
i choose first
you attack first
DQ-3 days
Arena: Grassy Knoll. Grass is about 2 1/2 feet tall. Extends for ever and no surprises.
Only grass, or part grass pokemon are usable

Go Jurassic! (Bulbasaur[M])

Gengar's Shadow
16th June 2003, 07:59 PM
I will ref this.

SNOTS FUBAR
16th June 2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Gengar's Shadow
I will ref this.

merci. <--thats thank you in wuss language.

SNOTS FUBAR
17th June 2003, 06:30 PM
Come on

Drade130
17th June 2003, 08:09 PM
i shall smite u! *smells something sweet and smiles dumbly*

I choose flora, my female gloom...

Flora- That always works!

Flora first start off with a blast of toxic right at that bulba! Then use take down followed by a cut attack to the eyes!

Toxic~Take Down~Cut

SNOTS FUBAR
17th June 2003, 09:01 PM
OK Jurassic, being part poison i feel you'll enjoy that toxic. Give it a Body Slam to make it know you are there. Next you should be close to Gloom so use your Vine Whip to toss it abit farther away. When it trys to come in for the Cut, be prepared with a Sleep Powder.

Body Slam~Vine Whip~Sleep Powder

Gengar's Shadow
17th June 2003, 10:38 PM
SNOTS FUBAR VERSUS TEDDIURSA89!

Pre-Battle Thigies-

Jurrasic (Male Bulbasaur) [100% Health, 100% Energy, Kewl^^]

Flora (Female Gloom) [100% Health, 100% Energy, Kewl^^]

Things-To-Do-

Jurassic ~*~BodySlam | VineWhip | SleepPowder~*~

Flora ~*~Toxic | TakeDown | Cut~*~

ROUND THE FIRST!

A new day, a new battle. This clash of grass has potential. This could be a great match-up. SNOTS FUBAR comes in looking proud and with a Bulbasaur next to him. Now, looking slightly left of him, we see Teddiursa89, looking good with his Female Gloom at his side. What will happen to this match? Who knows, but it will probably be good!

As we start Round I of this match, action heats up quick. Out of Flora’s mouth comes nasty goop; at least nasty to us. The Bulbasaur doesn’t look scared at all of the toxins. Why you ask? Being a poison type himself, Jurassic has adapted to horrible poison like the toxins coming out of Flora’s mouth. As a result, he will be unaffected by it. The toxin hits Jurassic, and comes off. Jurassic wonders why in the world someone would try that against him, but that is beyond him. Snapping back to the battle, Jurrasic runs at Flora and jumps on her hard. Flora is lucky that under her is grass and not rock or concrete but non-the less, this hurts. When Jurassic finally gets up the plant-looking creature is still on the ground. She is slowly getting up now…

Flora has finally gotten fully up. Wahoo for her. There is more to come. Flora jumps at the little beast, and right when that happens, thick vines come out of Jurassic. The vines go a little off-course, only slightly hitting the plant. However, Flora is thrown back, and the whole tackle was not completed. Never-the-less, Jurassic falls to the ground in a heap. Flora and Jurassic get up slowly, Flora faster then Jurassic. What else will happen?

Flora, now mad at falling down quite a lot, starts wildly running at Jurassic. She looks like she has been possessed by the devil, even though its not true. Suddenly, she sees little powder around her. She stops in her tracks. Suddenly, with a thud, she falls on the ground, and starts snoring! Is she really asleep a this time in the battle? Maybe not, lets see what happens. Jurassic, not wanting to wait but not having anymore commands from his trainer, sees that his powder worked. Flora is asleep!

Post-Battle Thingies-

Flora (Female Gloom) [86% Health, 95% Energy, Sleeping]

Jurassic (Male Bulbasaur) [92% Health, 91% Energy, happy with the outcome, a little headache]

There we go!

SNOTS FUBAR
18th June 2003, 07:33 PM
Ok. Start off with a Leech Seed. We'll regain some lost energy. Then use a Body Slam. Then finish up with a Razor Wind

Leech Seed~Body Slam~Razor Wind

Drade130
18th June 2003, 09:11 PM
hmm interesting. How could i have forgotten the poison thing.

Sleep talk the whole round unless you wake up then try other things.

Sleep Talk/Protect~Sleep Talk/Petal dance~Sleep Talk/Kick sand in his eyes

Gengar's Shadow
19th June 2003, 08:29 PM
Ok, reffage time!

Pre-Battle Whatever-

Flora (Female Gloom) [86% Health, 95% Energy, Sleeping]

Jurassic (Male Bulbasaur) [92% Health, 91% Energy, happy with the outcome, a little headache]

What do they do? –

Jurassic ~*~LeechSeed | BodySlam | RazorWind~*~

Flora ~*~SleepTalk/Detect | SleepTalk/PetalDance | SleepTalk/KickDirtInEyes~*~

ROUND THE SECOND!

We are here after the first round of play. The match is a grass versus grass, and so far, a good one. Flora hasn’t been as resilient as Jurassic, but she is still in it. The second round is about to begin! The action is yet to come, and we want it now!

Since the walking plant is sleeping (no diss), Jurassic feels that he has no rush. This might be a good thing, might be a bad. Suddenly, Flora gets up, eyes still closed, and runs wildly at the creature we call ‘Jurassic’. This takes Jurassic aback, because he thought it would be a peaceful sleep. Now he knows differently, I guess. Anyways, back to the wildly running Flora. She jumps on the fleeing Jurassic, taking him down. Ouch.

Jurassic, under the belly of Flora, knows that this is a perfect time. He knows that this will not be a miss situation unless he becomes careless, and he doesn’t intend to be that way. Anyways, he shoots a seed at Flora, knocking her back. Score. Suddenly, vines come all over the sleeping Flora, encasing her and sucking life. This has gone too well for Jurassic. Maybe there will be a catch.

Jurassic, not wanting to risk the chance of another surprise attack, runs at Flora. This turns out to be a bad thing, seeing what happens next. A big blob of sludge comes out of the Gloom, and, Jurassic, again dumbfounded, attempts to stop. This doesn’t do anything however, as the sludge hits him dead-on. Jurassic falls down on his bulb, but manages to get up.

Mad, he backs up a little, and, like a rhino or a bull, scrapes his legs on the ground. Then, he bolts at Flora at un-heard of speeds, well to me, though I am a new ref, and I haven’t reffed much. Back to the arena. Jurassic jumps all over the vine-tangled plant, whacking her hard. The sleeping flora wakes up, but is still a bit drowse. She talks a while to get fully awake, but when she does, she looks mad but happy in a way. Then she sees that Jurassic is right on top of her, and gets REALLY mad. She throws Jurassic off and gets ready for battle awake.

Jurassic wasn’t expecting this, and as a result, isn’t a quick to attack as before. Flora gets up and looks ready; she will stop anything coming her way. Or at least the look says. Anyway, needing to get closer for the attack, she does just that. She walks a bit closer to the green Bulbasaur, who is lying on the dirt as of now. She suddenly kicks some dirt into Jurassic’s eyes and some goes into his mouth. Jurassic starts spitting out what got in his mouth and his eyes start watering. Then, he starts flailing because of the pain. Finally, when he can see a little more, he gets up, and pants a bit. Flailing isn’t the best way to conserve energy.

Now, wanting revenge, and maybe blood, Jurassic whips up a whirlwind, but this tornado has little bits of leafs with sharp edges. The tornado goes right to Flora, who get hit by it hard. A little bit of red comes out, and it doesn’t look good. The in-tangled Flora seems helpless, and maybe she is. Lets see what else will happen in this match…

Post-Battle Whatever-

Jurassic (Male Bulbasaur) [73% Health, 82% Energy, Hurting from the Take Down]

Flora (Female Gloom) [68% Health, 86% Energy, Seeded]

Arena- A big tangle in vines, it will come off when shaken off.

BTW, I ref leech seed like it sucks health but the user doesn’t gain health, and it will come off when the seeded pokemon shakes it off

There we go!

Drade130
20th June 2003, 02:09 PM
ok Flora, this is what we need to do. use danger scents! Then use petal dance (which should get rid of the vines with all the shakin your booty!), then end up with giga drain!

Danger Scents~Petal Dance~Giga Drain

Sig manuever: Danger scents
desc: Flora wafts differents scents from her bulb toward the opponent. They have a 25% of either paralyzing, putting to sleep, attracting, or poisoning. This can be used once per opponent because the opponent will get defensive.
Type: Grass|Acc: 82%|dmg: none|effects: see above

SNOTS FUBAR
20th June 2003, 08:47 PM
Alright Jurassic. Start off with a Light Screen. Then use a Swords Dance to try and reflect the oncoming Petal Dance and boost your attack at the same time. Finish up with a Double Edge

Light Screen~Swords Dance~Double Edge

Gengar's Shadow
22nd June 2003, 12:07 AM
Ok, I will ref, but unless you dont wanna know, Light Screen DOES NOT block Danger Scents. Just saying that.

Pre-Battle Status-

Jurassic (Male Bulbasaur) [73% Health, 82% Energy, Hurting from the Take Down]

Flora (Female Gloom) [68% Health, 86% Energy, Seeded]

Ummm...Forgot what this is called but-

Flora~*~DangerScents | PetalDance | GigaDrain~*~

Jurassic~*~LightScreen | SwordsDance | Double-Edge~*~

ROUND THE THIRD!

The third round will be crucial because right now, anything can happen, and after this, the game might be already decided. Although after this, the game doesnt have a 100% chance that it will be decided, it has some chance, and thats enough to fight for, isnt it?

The start of this round doesnt do much, just a little, lets say, set-up for what will happen, shall we? Flora, starting quick, although most Gloom's dont, this one...did. Anyway, from the bulb of Flora, comes some scents headed right to Jurassic. Jurassic knows this wont hurt him, but he wonders why something like this would happen. When the scents hit, although invisible to us, but we will make due, ok? Anyway, when the scents hit, Jurassic feels a slight tingling in his body. It seems that his body has frozen up a little, like he was paralyzed. Of course, DangerScent's effect paralyzed Jurassic!

Jurassic, now knowing what DangerScents was the hard way, hopes that things will go smoothly, though he cant be certain now. He wants to do what his trainer said, but now that he is paralyzed, anything could happen. He decides to carry out his trainer's wishes, making a screen of light that will deflect beams and will filter out light. Although this did nothing of importantce, Jurassic feels that he atleast did what his trainer said, and didnt just shove his trainer away.

The screen, fading now, looks very dull. This doesnt matter, but just some thoughts. Now we see that the screen is no more. Well, once again it doesnt matter, but meh. Now, coming from the top of Flora, comes razor-sharp petals, that fly right at Jurassic. These arent gun-speed fast, but not to shabby. Jurassic knows what to do, however. He smiles, knowing that he is about to kill two birds with one stone, or how the saying goes.

As the petals come to Jurassic, he notices that Gloom is sort of dancing. He sees that the vines he made are off now. He shakes this out of his mind at starts to dance himslef. Well, twirl around it circles, but same thing, eh?

Anyway, a vortex appears near Jurassic. The petals go in the vortex, and come back out not sharp, and floating to the ground. The dance of petals did nothing, and Jurassic's still has inhanced chi. This was a nice move for Jurassic, but can he keep it up?

Now here comes the action. Flora runs at Jurassic and holds him with her petals. She sucks some life out of Jurassic, and then comes out. The sucking part helped I bet, seeing that right now Flora was at the losing end. Flora looks re-vitalized, but nothing will stop her concentration.

Jurassic starts attacking Flora in an un-heard of frenzy, and keeps at it. He keeps at it and keeps at it until it seems that he has taken some damage too. But he keeps hitting, and it definetly is true that the more damage delt was to Flora, not to Jurassic. The third round ends as Jurassic cools down, but nothing will stop either, but who will win?

Post-Battle Status-

Flora (Female Gloom) [60% Health, 75% Energy, Feeling ok, NOT SEEDED]

Jurassic (Male Bulbasaur) [63% Health, 69% Energy, Paralyzed, not happy very much]

There ya go~

SNOTS FUBAR
22nd June 2003, 12:49 PM
Start off with a Sleep Powder. Try and put it asleep. Then use a Razor Leaf. Then use a Skull bash

Sleep Powder~Razor Leaf~Skull Bash

Drade130
22nd June 2003, 07:57 PM
ok flora this is what we are going to do.

Flora- obviously or u wouldnt be telling me this!

er...right then. Use substitute and be real quicklike about, and make it very small but it will block the sleep powder so there. Then use sunny day and follow u with a solar beam!

substitute(small)~sunny day~solar beam

Gengar's Shadow
24th June 2003, 12:30 AM
*will ref 2morrow* Okeday, now that thats settled, bye!

Gengar's Shadow
24th June 2003, 09:58 AM
Ummm, i forgot to post this question, but how small is 'small'(the sub)?

Gengar's Shadow
24th June 2003, 10:14 PM
God damnit, I will ref this, but next time, post how much sub, k? BTW, by 'small' sub, i take it u mean 5-10%, so here goes!:

Pre-Battle Stats-

Flora (Female Gloom) [60% Health, 75% Energy, Feeling ok, NOT SEEDED]

Jurassic (Male Bulbasaur) [63% Health, 69% Energy, Paralyzed, not happy very much]

Commands-

Flora ~*~Subsitute(5-10%) <M> SunnyDay <M> SolarBeam~*~

Jurassic ~*~SleepPowder <M> RazorLeaf <M> SkullBash~*~

ROUND THE FOURTH!

The fourth round is here! Action is on the way, I know. After all, I AM the ref... But anywho, the commands are 1/2 action, a good amount for our liking =D. Lets see, judging by the commands un-known to people watching this on TV(if there are any), the first 3, maybe 2 are defense/not anything for offense, and the last 3 are action. The action, however, is fast, and non-stop. Even beams will be handy. I am evil, not telling, but meh. Anyway, this is definatly not the last round, but it could decide some stuff. This IS a 1v1, and this round might decide who wins...But, enough of the prebattle, onto the real fight, correct? Of course correct, I decide everything, in other words, I am god!

The round starts in some cheap play. Well, to me. Personaly, i think Subsitute is the stupidist move in the game, its WAY too good. But, seeing that Subsitute wasn't banned, I just have to ref it. Its perfectly ok if you use Subsitute, but not when battling me. I ban it right off, but meh. Lets just get to the part where a big body double gets made, shall we? Anyway, we look at Flora for a second. Then, suddenly, a huge flash of light comes. MY EYES!! MY EYES!! Thats exactly what Jurassic is thinking right now. Well, I may be god, but I dont KNOW that. Its my guess. Anyway, the flash ends and we can see clearly again. We look back at Flora, and see a Gloom that looks a little less enthusiastic about the battle then the old Flora. Jurassic doesnt care, and this might be his downfall. See, to everyone except me, this is Flora. To me, there are two Floras, one behind a fake image. This image is the cheap move Subsitute. Well, as I said before, only I hate it.

Anyway, this damage absorber absorbs damage. >_< obvious, aint it? There is more, however. This image is sort of solid. This stops moves such as SleepPowder, too. Actually, come to think of it, it stops EVERY move that makes something come to the person that used Subsitute. See how cheap it is? I hope you do. Anyway, the fake image is up, and, for a preview, Jurassic is about to use SleepPowder. Guess what is gonna happen? I hate subsitute...

Jurassic, completely fooled by the fake image, thinks that the Gloom had just wasted an action. However, this is totally not true. Jurassic sets up like normal for a barrage of powder that has the special power to make you sleep. Well, barrage isnt the right word, but im not in a thinkin state right now, so live with it.

Out of Jurassic's bulb on his back, comes little powders that waft over to Flora. Or, atleast, the fake one. Seeing how the image isnt exactly real, it cant go to sleep, not even pretend like its asleep. So after the powder Jurassic will have three things to think: 1) That it is a fake image, and find no way to stop it, 2) That his powder failed, or 3) REALLY REALLY puzzled. Only one is a good thing, which isnt very good really. If you know that its a subsitute, then your confidance goes down, but atleast you know the truth, which is sometimes a better thing. If oyu dont know its an image, then you are puzzled. Nothing is good, see?

Anyway, the powder comes to Flora...the fake one. It keeps on falling on the fake image, and nothing can indicate that she is going asleep. So Jurassic waits a little longer. And longer. And longer, until he comes to a conclusion: his powder failed horribly. Looking at the grass, he hopes this never happens again, and thinks he let his trainer down. Of course, it isnt true, seeing that the trainer knows what really happened.

Now, Flora, beckoning the god of sun(not me, I am the god of this battle), Makes it become...lets say...hot? More than hot, more like burning. The sun really cam out this time. Flora, knowing that this isnt a bad thing, smiles under his cover. She knows her cover wont be there much longer, but she doesnt know which attack will take it out. Probably one of those long-ranged ones, she thinks. Now, the sun stops a little. Flora doesnt worry, because she knows that the burning phase was only the start, and it will get lower. But it wont go any lower now, and it will stay for 8 more actions. Well, 7 after the end of the round.

Now its Jurassic's turn. He focuses, not wanting to 'disgrase' or 'let down' his trainer. So out of the sides of his bulbs, come razor-sharp leaves, made for blood. Souns a little gory, yes, but none-the-less, the truth. These leafs, or lets say razors, fly at incredible speeds at Flora. Well, Flora's image. Lets call him Flori, shall we. The 'i' is for image. Well, as the leafs head to Flori, she doesnt look scared at all. This is because she has no emotions, being an image. The leaves hit Flori hard, and suddenly it starts becoming a blur. Then, in a flash of light, it dissapears. Jurassic, now knowing the secret behind this, gets mad at Flora for tricking him. His anger builds power, which will be abused next attack.

Jurassic, still angry, and very speedy because of the desire to kill, or hurt badly, lowers his head. Flora looks scared, seeing the creatures anger. She turns back to run, but doesnt go far. She realizes that running wont help, and stops to try and take on the attack. Good or bad? Who knows, the battle must go on. Jurassic, now ready for the attack, charges speedily at Flora. Now, Flora, seeing the anger in the real hit, turns back to run. Nothing doing, as Jurassic whacks her on the back. She insantly falls down, hurt and in agony.

She slowly gets up, and when she does, she sees Jurassic huffing and puffing, and an occasinal cough. She realizes that he wasted energy there, and now cant attack due to no more commands. So Jurassiic, seeing the same thing, backs off for back-up. Just incase, you know. Flora is finally up, and ready. Her anger also is a factor. The power from the sun comes to Flora, and Flora knows just what to do with it. The energy, powered by the burning sun, and clear skies, is super powered, and flys right at Jurassic. This is a beam, so it flys, not floats or wafts. It whams Jurassic, knocking him down. The round ends, and he isnt up. This will be up by the start of the next, enough to make the next move work. Dont worry SNOTS, k?

Post-Battle Status

Flora (Female Gloom) [48% Health, 62% Energy, Tired from producing beam, HURT BADLY]

Jurassic (Male Bulbasaur) [51% Health, 57% Energy, On the ground, MAD]

You happy? J/K...There we go!

Drade130
26th June 2003, 06:12 PM
well by small yes i do mean 5 to 10. But u see i find it idiotic to tell a percentage since in the anime or even i they were real you couldnt do that. dont hurt me pls...

Don't Run With Scizors
26th June 2003, 06:31 PM
merci. <--thats thank you in wuss language.

Actually, that's Italian, not French. ;)

It's a pitiful excuse, but to justify the above not being spam, I'm informing you guys that I'll edit the topic title accordingly.

Gengar's Shadow
26th June 2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Teddiursa89
well by small yes i do mean 5 to 10. But u see i find it idiotic to tell a percentage since in the anime or even i they were real you couldnt do that. dont hurt me pls...

O.o...I wont kill you, but btw, post attack ;)

Drade130
26th June 2003, 07:25 PM
alright use mega drain, take down, and then hurry and rest up.

Gengar's Shadow
29th June 2003, 12:41 PM
This battle is over by DQ. Unless u, T89, want to give Snots Fubar some more time.

Drade130
29th June 2003, 07:41 PM
hmm, normally i would but i need to evolve glom and i will evolve her to a vileplume