PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] rate my team mate

flagitious
16th June 2003, 08:14 PM
hey, this is gonna be my first team so i know its not perfect. also some might be too standard but youll have to forgive me please because i can not develope uniqueness until i fully understand the basics.

tauros - body slam, earth quake, thunderbolt, horn drill
note i might replace thunderbolt with blizzard, my team only has blizzard one place else

starmie - recover, surf, light screen, reflect
note i might replace one of the defense moves with that blizzard here it seems bad only having 1 attacking move, what do you think?

snorlax - earthquake, body slam, self-destruct, thunderwave
it seemed like a good idea to put thunderwave here because hes slow? i dunno

zapdos - drill peck, thunderwave, thunderbolt, lightscreen
im guessing ice is more of a threat than rock slide or normal attacks, but not sure hence the lightscreen. i really like zapdos though. hmm also is thunderwave really that nessecary, its pretty fast already

chansey - soft boiled, sciesmic toss, counter, blizzard
i think most people put thunderwave here? i should probably do the same but all these moves seemed valuable?

hypno - psychic, thunderwave, hypnosis, reflect
i like hypno alot also, only 1 damage inflicter though, what do you think?

ok thats all 6, i dunno if it really is all standard sorry again if it is. please feel free to say whatever you like.

Solution
16th June 2003, 09:22 PM
Tauros - Well, if your opponent is cool with OHKO's, this is fine. I'd day hyperbeam over blizzard or earthquake, though.

Starmie - Well, I say drop either reflect/lightscreen for thunderbolt. You don't really need blizzard here.

Snorlax - he doesn't learn thunderwave, so hyperbeam over that.

Zapdos - Perfect

Chansey - Good. Icebeam over blizzard.

Hypno - Rest over reflect.

Good team.

flagitious
16th June 2003, 10:02 PM
Tauros - Well, if your opponent is cool with OHKO's, this is fine. I'd day hyperbeam over blizzard or earthquake, though.
ok im thinking about changing thunderbolt to hyper beam or siesmic toss, i would definitly go hyper beam but i fear fighting a rock/ground type pokemon and or a good def pokemon

Starmie - Well, I say drop either reflect/lightscreen for thunderbolt. You don't really need blizzard here.
ok good idea, im not sure which is a bigger threat special or regular attack, but im gonna drop the reflect

Snorlax - he doesn't learn thunderwave, so hyperbeam over that.
ohhh true, question about hyper beam: the sole purpose it to use when you think it will kill them next hit but a regular body slam wouldnt right? thanks for catching me on this one, that would have been bad if i went around using illegal move on PBS

Chansey - Good. Icebeam over blizzard.
ok i dont get this one
Blizzard 5pp, 120 power, 90 acc, 108 avg
Ice Beam 10pp, 95 power, 100 acc, 95 avg

blizzard does more average damage, some websites misreport how much accuracy blizzard has but it really is 90%.

Hypno - Rest over reflect.
i think ive seen that somewhere, but i never understood it. i always thought that a hypno wasnt that good of a tank, if it used rest wouldnt they be able to kill it in 3 moves? i can see maybe having rest over hypnosis and getting rid of tauros or snorlax for a different sleeper though because it might be able to live better with reflect up as well. if im missing something here about this please explain.

thanks for the quick feedback, ill be making this changes and thinking about it more. you gave me quite the solution

Solution
17th June 2003, 08:59 AM
Well, tauros definately doesn't need seismic toss because it can do more damage with its other attacks. I suggested hyperbeam over blizzard because normal attacks do enough to eggy, and earthquake/fissure will eventually wear down those grounds.

I suggested icebeam on chansey because chansey is meant to be more of a staller, and you can give it more chances to freeze. Alot of times at the end of games the extra PP and accuracy in icebeam helps in tight situations.

Hypno - Rest can work. It isn't meant to switch-in against a tauros or anytihng. If you rest against an alakazam or eggy, you should be fine and should be able to rest off that damage easily(unless they score 3 special lowerings). I normally use reflect and rest on hypno, but it can usually survive a rest if you play it right.