PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon TCG: Dark, Normal and Steel

Dragon_Claw
18th June 2003, 12:57 PM
I'm not very experienced, and I have a question. I heard Normal type energies can be replaced by anything, and is this the same case for Dark and Steel, because I have one Dark (T-tar) and a few steels. Plz respond

Jedi
18th June 2003, 10:08 PM
If the attack's cost includes a colorless then you cam use any energy card to pay that. Attacks that cost Steel or Dark require a dark or steel energy. Dark and steel energy cards are rare so a little harder to come by.
~Jedi

Roarkiller
18th June 2003, 10:25 PM
Umm, lemme get this straight:

Normal type energy: colorless energy attack requirement i.e. attack cost is a couple of white balls with 6-pointed stars in it.

Okay, practical explanation. U know wigglytuff? Its Do The Wave needs 3 colorless energy. Since the attack cost is 3 white balls, SINCE its white, u can use any energy u want.

Rocket scyther needs a green (grass) and 2 white (colorless). You MUST have at least one grass energy on it. The other two, u can use anything u want.

The End.

Yes, the end. Like Jedi sez, if the attack cost is darkness and METAL, it needs to be paid with darkness and metal respectively. Unless a pkmn power/body allows otherwise of course.

Umm, is that clear enough?

Silvercharizard
22nd June 2003, 08:08 AM
If you want to know of some cards which DO get around that rule then Expedition's Tyranitar and Skyridge's Steelix let any energies (Basic for Steelix only) count as their respective energy type :)