PDA

View Full Version : Redux "what N64 game should I buy" thread..

Solution
18th June 2003, 08:18 PM
Okay, I know this has been asked alot, but seriously, reccomend some good N64 games. Sometimes looking at reviews on gamespot(which is impossible btw for us incomplete members) isn't the best option.

Here is the scoop. I have like, around a hundred bucks. At our local gamestop, they are selling used N64's with a free controller for twenty dollars. Most of the games are anywhere from 5$-20$(with the exception of mario party 3 and majora's mask, obviously). I'm looking to possibly pick up a few controllers(8 bucks each) because I will likely get goldeneye. If you could, name some good games..

Ocarina of Time
Conker
Donkey kond(good?)
Super mario 64
Mario kart(possible the N64's best game in existance, right?)
Goldeneye(ONLY 7.99$!!!)
Mario golf/tennis(any good?)
Majora's mask(worth 30-40$?)
Perfect dark
Rogue squadron
Banjo games

What else? If you can name anything worth buying that won't likely cost me 40-50 bucks, that would be appreciated. I guess the question is is "is the N64 worth buying". I'm on a good computer so I could use an emulator, but I'm also on 56K and I hate sitting in computer chairs for long hours playing games(could potentially suck).

Thanks for ANY replies.

CodeR3D
18th June 2003, 09:27 PM
You pretty much got all the must have games on there.
Maybe you should get Paper Mario or Harvest Moon....there both pretty good games.:yes:

And deffenitly get Conker bad fur day...Best mutiplayer game for the N64 IMO.:yes:

o btw..........

HAVE FUN!!

PNT510
18th June 2003, 10:16 PM
Don't get perfect dark if you get Goldeneye they are basicly the same. I also think you should get Episode 1 racer and Paper Mario.

woz
18th June 2003, 11:16 PM
get goldeneye; it's excellent.

Solution
19th June 2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I played goldeneye a bit at my cousins and am looking forward to the single player, as well as the multiplayer to an extent. Hopefully I will have my N64 in a week. THanks for the input.

MToolen
19th June 2003, 03:35 PM
Super Smash Brothers is eaily one of the best (or only) fighting games for the N64.

Also, Star Wars Episode 1: Racer is good quality.

For the games you have mentioned, I have enjoyed Oot, SMK64, Goldeneye, & MM. I haven't played PD or Conker, being a minor, but don't let that stop you from getting two great games (from what I've heard).

With these games (and some buddies) you could have tons 'o fun!

DrakeRunner
20th June 2003, 08:18 PM
*gasp* :( How can you not mention Ogre Battle 64? Thats so sad, thats a strategy/RPG that makes Final Fantasy look like a storybook! It is a tremendous game that anybody with a N64 should own! Put it on that list!

The_Hunter
22nd June 2003, 06:11 AM
Hydro Thunder
Racing on Water,with some awesome boats.
If it's on the N64-
18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker.
The name describes itself perfectly.

tron
22nd June 2003, 06:55 AM
I haven't played Mario Golf, but I know that Mario Tennis is a pretty fun, I would suggest buying it if you can find it somewhere cheap. And make sure to get Harvest Moon 64, it is quite possibly the best game on the system. Farming rules.

Andrew
22nd June 2003, 06:56 AM
Here are my suggestions.

1) Conker's Bad Fur Day
Rational: Funny, Rare Game, Great Multiplayer and a plot of sorts... And isn't fugly and has good controls.

2) Tetrisphere
Rational: Music, First departure from "Regular" Tetris and its great.

3) Mario Party
Rational: The Original and the best. If you're going to buy one of these crap games, get the original.

4) DK 64
Rational: Fun, good graphics classic fun.
Downsides: No dixie or Kiddy, animal riding is gone, ****ty collectarama and some lame enemies and uninspired locations.

5) Paper Mario.
Rational: One of the few RPGS on the 64 and probably the best.

6) Mario Kart.
Rational: Its Mario Kart.

7) SSB
Rational: Its ok if not ugly. A great new concept. SSBM is way better IMO.

8) Banjo Tooie
Rational: Kinda Fun.

9) Starshot - Space Circus
-Little known game which is a ton of fun.

10) Space Station Sillicon Valley
-Excellent game.. a bit ugly.

11) Rayman 2
-GREAT! :D I love it.

12) Wave Race..
-Kinda fun...

13) Animal Crossing
-From what I've heard its great.

And don't touch with a stick: :No:
Mario Golf
Aiden
Iggy's Wreckign Balls
Mario Party Games
Pokemon Stadium
Chef's Love Shack.
SuperMan 64

tron
22nd June 2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by OzAndrew
And don't touch with a stick: :No:
Pokemon Stadium

Hey, I liked Pokemon Stadium! OzAndrew you're a big fat jerk!

woz
22nd June 2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by tron
Hey, I liked Pokemon Stadium! OzAndrew you're a big fat jerk!

especially the mini games. (<3 lickitung)

Duo_Washu_III
22nd June 2003, 12:43 PM
GET MEGAMAN 64! IT IS A VERY COOL GAME! (passes out.)

freshmex
23rd June 2003, 05:35 PM
Conkers Bad Fur Day only costs like $5 if you look around and its single player is simply the best thing ever created.