PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Poll: which GSC pokemon would you like to see in RBY?

Kari and Mewtwo
18th June 2003, 10:21 PM
and if they need a mandatory type change (like dark to ghost) , specify.

Personally, I'd like to see:

[list=1]
Ursaring (all stats higher than Tauros's except speed)
Tyranitar (a rock/ghost with 298 special and a 90% acc blizzard would be interesting)
Espeon (this thing would own with Focus Energy)
Houndoom (a fire/ghost would be nice)
[/list=1]

Feelingsad
18th June 2003, 10:39 PM
Ursaring OHKO's Alakazam with Slash..
Now that would be sweet..
But it would also suck against ground/rock types.. relying on earthquake, which would slightly even things out a bit..

But mostly I would like to see Xatu, just cause a psychic resistant pokemon with a stabed physical attack would be awesome.. Especially a Stabed physical attack that is super effective against Exeggutor..

Have a nice day

Solution
18th June 2003, 10:49 PM
Umbreon. Pure ghost type. Confuse ray. Tankish godlike stats. Recover/moonlight. Good support.

Granted, without meanlook, curse, return, and batonpass in RBY, umbreon can't exactly attack, but I'm assuming if it were to be in RBY thunderwave/bodyslam would be an option for it.

I can't think of anything else, because I'm not sure what steel would be transformed into(rock?).

Kari and Mewtwo
18th June 2003, 11:29 PM
steel would most likely be rock or nothing at all (look at magneton. hes pure electric in rby, but steel/electric in gsc)

in that case, skarmory would be pretty decent as a rock/flying, assuming that you can teach it drill peck if it were in rby. loses that ugly fire weakness in exchange for ice, water, and rock. That could be the only disadvantage. RBY doesnt have many physical attack absorbers besides rhydon & cloyster.

Togetic would be pretty decent, though. Its SD in gsc is 308, so im guessing that would be its special in rby. Slap a few special moves on it and you have a chansey with less hp, much higher defense, and not weak to fighting.

Dragon_Claw
19th June 2003, 10:36 AM
uh, you guys mean dark instead of ghost right?

Prodigy
19th June 2003, 12:53 PM
No, not really. Since Dark doesn't appear in RBY, they're changing all instances of that type to the next closest thing, which is Ghost.

Anyway, as long as nobody brings in Blissey, I'll be okay.

Prodigy
20th June 2003, 09:35 AM
Anyway, expanding on that..

Furret, because I like it. It'd probably be decent with Slash/Surf/Amnesia/Rest or something like that..

Xatu, as mentioned earlier.

Jumpluff.. a fast Double Powderer (with apologies to TMM :wave: ) with Amnesia.

Quagsire, with some combo of Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Amnesia, and Rest. I don't know to what extent it would prompt an increase in the use of Grass attacks.

Girafarig? It's a nice mix of the two best types in RBY (possibly excepting Ghost) with only one of those types' two weaknesses (Bug :D) and fairly solid attacking stats. And, hey.. it learns Amnesia.

Heracross, but only if he can keep Megahorn. He could probably shake the metagame up a bit.

Ursaring, as noted earlier.

What about Smeargle, operating under the assumption that Sketch would transfers intact?

I also want Suicune, more on, as with Furret, the virtues of coolness than actual usefulness - a transfer to RBY would limit its usefulness, since Roar is useless and Mirror Coat probably wouldn't transfer.

It'd be neat to see what you could do with Lugia, but he'd be relegated to Mewtwo status anyway.

Porygon doesn't really have the stats to be competitive in RBY (he's handy in fun teams, though), but maybe Porygon2 would.

I left out guys like Umbreon, Houndoom, Tyranitar, or Skarmory, because you have to either alter them drastically by changing their types to Ghost or Rock or whatever, or add Dark and Steel to RBY.. which might not necessarily be a good thing.

If Blissey came to RBY, I would take up another game.

Kari and Mewtwo
21st June 2003, 12:59 AM
hmm.. What about shuckle? imagine him with 558 special *runs*

nah, i doubt it. Although Piloswine would own with RBY blizzard, and i think it gets amnesia too. Something like earthquake/amnesia/blizzard/rest would be evil