PDA

View Full Version : Me vs DarkPrincess (referee: Syberia (please?))

Knight of Time
19th June 2003, 11:52 AM
Rules:

6 on 6
You choose first
I attack first
DQ: None, but please try to be as active as you can
For this battle, we have agreed that we can use Group 2 Pokemon, and no Group 3 Pokemon
Arena: Indigo Stadium

That should do it for now.

DarkPrincess
19th June 2003, 12:01 PM
Mesa accept of course! *laughs evily* *slowly calms down*

Erm, anyway, I think I'll begin this match with my little Lirima [female Meowth]

Lirima: o.o another battle?

Well, you want to evolve don't ya?

Lirima: *nod, nod*

Cuivadur, Legolas, Basilisk and Sidius: *wave little flags on the sideline* Go Lirima! If you can't do it...then oh well ^__^;

Knight of Time
19th June 2003, 12:10 PM
Lirima...

Okay, I think I have an opponent who might help out.

Go, Chilly!

'a Pokeball opens up to reveal my Jynx'

Okay Chilly, this is going to be your first battle.

First up, I want you to create a Substitute for yourself for some protection, 15-20% should be enough to put in.

Next up, I want you to send a double dose of the cold at Lirima. Get her with two Icy Wind attacks.

Sub:

Just incase you find yourself asleep, use as many Sleep Talks as you can.

DarkPrincess
19th June 2003, 12:19 PM
Jynx, eh? I didn't really expect that. No matter. It's going to start off with Substitute. If you can manage it, try and slam a Shadow Ball at the Jynx before it creates the Substitute if you can't, then just let it hit the substitute. Chances are, the attack will manage to break it. She'll be trying to hit an Icy Wind at you next. In order so you don't get hurt, Faint Attack into darkness before the Icy Wind can engulf the arena. Reappear right beside Chilly. Before she can notice you right there, launch another Shadow Ball at Chilly. Good luck, my pretty *pets Lirima*

Lirima: =^_^= *purrs*

Shadow Ball ~ Faint Attack {to dodge the first Icy Wind and reappear besides Chilly} ~ Shadow Ball

Mindprobe
21st June 2003, 09:25 AM
Hmmm, if Syberia isn't reffing, I could be the referee. If both competitors agree that is.

Knight of Time
21st June 2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Mindprobe
Hmmm, if Syberia isn't reffing, I could be the referee. If both competitors agree that is.

Mindprobe: I dunno, this is a tough situation.

Even though I asked Syberia if he could ref this battle over AIM, if I ask him again (I forget the answer he gave me when I asked him about reffing this battle >_<) and he says he can't (or if he posts here saying he can't), then DarkPrincess and I will definitely need someone to ref in his place (it could be you, but I'd kinda prefer to ask someone else if he/she can ref just incase Syberia won't be reffing this (I'm not trying to offend you in any way, Mindprobe)).

When a new ref (or one of the newer refs) asks if he/she can ref one of my battles, my decision can be often difficult or very difficult to finalize.

Syberia
22nd June 2003, 04:54 PM
I just don't want to get stuck reffing five battles at once, as I'm reffing three already and will have a fourth once Karin gets back. I suppose I could always be a sub-ref, though.

Styx: *coughlazycough*

Deck Knight
23rd June 2003, 09:54 AM
I'll ref in Syberia's place, if none of you mind. *waves at Darkprince and Darkprincess... Hmmm... sounds like a couple :D.

Syberia
23rd June 2003, 02:46 PM
Actually, if they're prince and princess, that would make them brother and sister. If that's a coupe to you... please call 1-800-HILBLLY immediately. They can help.

Gengar's Shadow
24th June 2003, 12:44 PM
Another offer....if u want, I can ref.

Knight of Time
24th June 2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Gengar's Shadow
Another offer....if u want, I can ref.

Thanks for your offer, but I asked Deck Knight over AIM to ref for DarkPrincess and I, sorry.

Deck Knight
24th June 2003, 03:57 PM
Pre-Battle

Tempest: So, you ref once again, and you beat out Syberia, how much you want to bet Karin tries to eat your soul for replacing him.

"You are such a wonderful help, you remind me of Charler, a big stupid oaf with wings"

Tempest: Ha ha.

"Well its true, XP."

Dark Prince the Dark Knight VS DarkPrincess:
The battle of the throne!!!!

Round 1 BEGINS!!!

Dark Prince The Dark Knight
Chilly The Jynx
100% health, 100% fatigue

Substitute(15-20%), Icy Wind, Icy Wind

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
100% health, 100% fatigue

Shadow Ball, Faint Attack, Shadow Ball

Jynx and Meowth stare each other down... Jynx prepares a Substitute, and Meowth sends a Shadow Ball... The erethral attack seems not to Phase Jynx though... weird.

Meowth next uses Faint Attack, and manages to pull up behind Jynx's Icy Wind... its evaded it... Meanwhile the crowd is chilled... sucks to be in the crowd.

Meowths last Shadow Ball breaks the unreal Jynx substitute.... and then it gets happered by a chilling Icy Wind. Meowth got taken by surprise, and its slowed down...

End of Round 1 Status

Chilly The Jynx
80% health, 84% fatigue

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
92% health, 82% fatigue

DarkPrincess
24th June 2003, 04:08 PM
Never fear my pretty. You have the wits to defeat the Jynx. Keep your guard up. Begin the next round with a small Substitute (about 10%). Next, use your Hypnosis to.. er... put the Jynx to sleep! Geez, how original xD Finish off by using a Shadow Ball on the sleeping Jynx before she can wake up.

Knight of Time
25th June 2003, 06:59 AM
Okay Chilly.

First up, I don't know if this will work, but if Lirima is near you, I want you to try and grab her in a fast Gravijaa Slam. Since she will probably be taking some time to concentrate on making herself a body double, a fast Gravijaa Slam might be able to stop her in the process. Now, when you have Teleported up as high as possible, I want you to make sure Lirima is dropped headfirst.

Chilly: I can imagine what would happen if the real Lirima was to be dropped headfirst from such a high altitude.

However, if Lirima actually is not within range for you to execute a Gravijaa Slam, the I want you to quickly get her with a Ice Beam while she is trying to make a body double, followed by your sig, Frostyheart.

For your third action Chilly, if you have gotten yourself up into the air (thanks to a Gravijaa Slam), then I want you to use a Psychic to slow your fall. Incase you didn't use Gravijaa Slam, then I want you to use your Psychic to send Lirima's Shadow Ball towards the ground in front of her (Shadow Balls are semisolid, so if you are about to be attacked by one while on the ground, your Psychic powers should be able to move it back at Lirima).

Gravijaa Slam or Ice Beam, Frostyheart (if you didn't use Gravjaa Slam), Psychic

Here is Chilly's sig, just incase:

Jynx (F)
Nickname: Chilly
Sig Move: Frostyheart
Description: Chilly's mouth begins to glow a very light blue. Next, she opens her mouth to breathe out a small, cold wind that takes the shape of a light blue heart before heading for her opponent. If the opponent is struck by this 'heart' it will take 10% damage, and will suddenly begin to shiver for some time (determined by the referee), making it more difficult for the opponent to concentrate on battling (the ref also determines how difficult this would be). Of course, this sig is not without drawbacks. For one, this sig move will never be able to freeze an opponent. Also, if Chilly has already used another attack involving a type of Kiss (Sweet Kiss, Lovely Kiss) in the round, she will not be able to use Frostyheart. Similarily, if she has already used this sig move in a round, she will not be able to use Lovely Kiss or Sweet Kiss. This sig will never last for as long as the opponent is able to battle, and it can only be used once per round, and three times per battle with a three round gap that begins immediately after the shivering wears off (if this move is a success).

Type: Ice|Acc: 85%|Damage: 10%|Effect: See above

Edit: Just a couple of typos, no attacks were changed.

Deck Knight
28th June 2003, 02:00 PM
I had work on Thursday and Friday, I had to go, and thats 9 hours of time. X_x

Pre-Battle

Tempest: Ha ha you got told off for less than perfect detail.

"Chicken sounds good right about now, remind me why you're my favorite again"

Tempest: Because I'm smart, talented, and 00bergodly

"Conceited, oafish, and overgrown too" :D

Tempest: *falls anime style X_x*

Round 2 BEGINS!!!

Chilly The Jynx
80% health, 84% fatigue

Gravijaa Slam/Ice Beam, (if applicable)FrostyHeart, Psychic

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
92% health, 82% fatigue

Substitute(10%), Hypnosis, Shadow Ball

Lirima starts to make a Body Double, unseen to Chilly. Chilly does not waste any time however, being that she is about 20 feet away, she decides to use an Ice Beam, the cold beam of frosty energy slams into Meowth... which looks unphased... untill it breaks the body Double Meowth has set up just moments ago.

Next, Chilly's lips glow Blue(lipstick, anyone?), and a chilling heart is sent toward Lirima. The Heart hits... and Meowth starts shivering. Lirima does however have warm fur, although chilled from the last round, and manages to concentrate enough to use Hypnosis. Sending Chilly into a deep sleep with its Hypnotic waves.

Chilly is now snoozing peacefully, as Lirima forms a cold, erethreal darkness in its hand, it becomes even colder now, and shaking even more, the Shadow Ball is thrown on a winding path by Lirima... but it hits its mark, and stirs Chilly back to reality.

End of Round 2 Status

Chilly The Jynx
62% health, 74% fatigue

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
72% health, 62% fatigue

Knight of Time
28th June 2003, 04:48 PM
Okay Chilly, we might still be losing, but it doesn't mean you will be easy to defeat.

Now, I want you to use another Icy Wind on Lirima. Slow her down even more!

Next up, I want you to use a Flash on Lirima. BTW, Deck Knight, incase you are wondering, Jynx can use Flash in R/S.

Finally Chily, I want you to use an Ice Punch on Lirima's forehead if she is close enough (whatever fist is appropiate), or an Icy Wind if Lirima is too far for an Ice Punch.

Subs:

If Lirima tries a Shadow Ball, be ready to send it back at her. Psychic. After all, in Impereon's battle with DRWS, Imp mentioned that Shadow Ball is semi-solid, so you might be able to send them back towards Lirima if she fires them at you.

Incase of a Hypnosis, simply Teleport far away from Lirima, and immediately use an Icy Wind from behind (if Lirima doesn't use Hypnosis on her third action).

DarkPrincess
28th June 2003, 05:13 PM
Don't worry my pretty. You're doing fine. It'll take more than a few Icy Winds to slow you down more. Begin this round by using your Faint Attack to fade into shadow and avoid the Icy Wind. Disappear somewhere far away from Chilly if you can. Simply close your eyes to avoid the blinding light before it can get to you. Finish off by zapping her with your mighty Thunder

Deck Knight
30th June 2003, 08:35 AM
Pre-Battle

Tempest: Another round gone by, and no Mods have closed this yet and accused you of bias, you must be on a roll.

"Quiet you, its not my fault people consider my every word flaming"

Tempest: SLOP FLAMING ME!!!!

"--;;;;;"

Round 3 BEGINS!!!

Chilly The Jynx
62% health, 74% fatigue

Icy Wind, Flash, Ice Punch/Icy Wind

[center]DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
72% health, 62% fatigue

Faint Attack, close eyes, Thunder

Lirima, shaking uncontrollably, tries to hide in the shadows, but it is shivering so much, it doesn't make it very far before being revealed again, she moves about 12 feet. To make things worse, another freezing blast of Icy Wind is issued, making Lirima EVEN colder, and shaking even more.

Lirima isn't happy, so it tries to lose its eyes and relax, its still shaking, but it never see's Chilly's blinding Flash, and so its vision does not become impaired. Lirima has been blown away from Chilly, and following the Flash, has a time to strike before the Glare fades.

It uses a Thunder... However, Lirima's fur is so cold it is a very weak Thunder, due to the amount of heat and friction required to generate such electricity. However, The Thunder DOES serve to warm Lirima enough to snap out of Frostyheart, seeing as the electricity she generated was extremely hot. Chilly uses another Chilling Icy Wind Lirima is cold again, but is not shaking, in fact, it looks quite seething mad... maybe because its sick of being left out in the cold.

[B]End of Round 3 Status

Chilly The Jynx
53% health, 60% fatigue

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
56% health, 55% fatigue

DarkPrincess
2nd July 2003, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry I'm late. My home computer is still broken and I'm afraid I cannot be on the computer while I'm home. I'm at my mother's office again. Until my home computer is fixed I won't be online. Please don't DQ me. My computer should be okay in about a week but I'm not sure. I would appreciate it if you just put the battle on pause until I can make it back. Okeday?

Anyway, we can all see you are angry. You want revenge. You want to crush that Jynx into nothing with the blink of an eye. Turn that anger into your best Frustration. Destroy the Jynx and reclaim your honor. Next, aim your Bubblebeam at the Jynx to make it nice and wet. She'll be wet. Zap her with Thunderbolt. Water + Electricity = Fried Jynx. Ouch x.o

Subs:
If she tries to Reflect or Counter the Frustration, Faint Attack away.

Knight of Time
2nd July 2003, 10:30 AM
You don't have to worry about being DQed in this battle Rachel (no DQ ;)).

Anyway, sorry to hear about your computer.

'turns to Chilly'

Okay Chilly.

First off, Lirima is going to be coming your way for a Frustration. When she is within range, I want you to send her back with a well-aimed Dynamicpunch to her head.

Next, when she is using Bubblebeam, give her another taste of ice, and blast her with an Ice Beam.

Finally, send another Ice Beam towards the Thunderbolt Lirima will fire at you. You might be hurt a lot if an explosion results, but we should be able to get Lirima good this round.

Deck Knight
2nd July 2003, 04:23 PM
Pre-Battle

Tempest: So, no problems then

"I thought you wern't talking to me"

Tempest: STOP FLAMING ME!!!

"You know thats old now, you did it last post"

Tempest: Yes, and yet still... STOP FLAMING ME!!!

"Oh I'll flame you, its roast chicken time!"

Tempest: AHHHHHHHHH!

*chases after Tempest*

Round 4 BEGINS!!!

Chilly The Jynx
53% health, 60% fatigue

Dynamic Punch, Ice Beam, Ice Beam

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
56% health, 55% fatigue

Frustration, Bubblebeam, Thunderbolt

This round starts off with a Frustrated Lirima dashing madly at Chilly trying to cover the ground it lost, However when Lirima gets there, just as its about to unleash its fury... WHAM!! A sickening crunch is heard as Chilly's Dynamic Punch smashes Lirima right inbetween the eyes... good thing Lirima doesn't have a nose, or it would be broken right now.

The force of the punch sends Lirima sailing Straight into the Stadium Wall of Indigo Stadium... Lirima gets up though... and despite an earsplitting headache, and slight double vision, it appears fine. Lirima then starts Bubblebeam.. the Bubbles move quickly toward Chilly, who responds with an Ice Beam. The Beam goes through the Bubbles, Freezing them all, they fall to the ground harmlessly. Or as close to harmless as possible, they never hit Chilly, but there are several Ice shards lining the floor between Lirima and Chilly. The beam itself has lost its power, and nothing but a flash of light hits Lirima.

The final acts are Lirima's Thunderbolt and Chilly's Ice Beam, both of the high speed attacks go at different angles, and hit their targets, but Lirima is looking far worse for the wear...

End of Round 4 Status

Chilly The Jynx
36% health, 38% fatigue

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
19% health, 33% fatigue

Arena:

There are now Ice Shards between Lirima and Chilly, and they are about 30 feet apart.

Knight of Time
2nd July 2003, 04:34 PM
Okay, excellent job Chilly.

Now, Lirima probably will be angrier than ever, so if she dares to come towards you, make her suffer even more by hitting her in the head with another Dynamicpunch. However, just incase she doesn't move towards you, blast her with a fast Ice Beam, or an Icy Wind just incase of a Faint Attack..

Finally, if Lirima is still up, finish her with two fast Ice Beams.

DarkPrincess
3rd July 2003, 10:36 AM
Fudge.. sorry Lirima.. I knew you were so happy because you were finally going to win a battle but I guess that isn't happening... *sighs*

I don't normally really do this but this calls for desperate measures. Protect yourself against the Dynamic Punch. Next, try your best to dodge the Ice Beams that are being thrown at you and aim a Shadow Ball and her. Do the same thing and use another Shadow Ball. *crosses fingers* I really hope Lirima can win her first battle..

Sidius: Twenty bucks says the freak lady of the Pokémon world creams the mangy feline. *waves a twenty around*

Basilisk: I don't know. She has a lot of rage *notices Lirima hissing at everyone* I'll take that bet *takes out another twenty*

Serenity: I think she can do it.

Zephyr: This is fun =3 *is thwapped*

Willow and Elijah: *wave flags* Go Lirima!

Rogue: *sits there, grinning* I could crush them all..

... I have such a nice ASB Team o_O *ponders where Sidius and Basilisk got their twenty dollar bills*

Deck Knight
4th July 2003, 12:23 PM
Pre-Battle

Tempest: AHHHHHH!

"Get over hear bird boy"

Dark Prince: SHUTUP AND REF!!!

Dark Princess: YEAH!!!

"Fine, YOU try handling this stupid bird"

Tempest: STOP FLAMING ME!

Everyone but Tempest: --;;;

Round 5 BEGINS!!!

Chilly The Jynx
36% health, 38% fatigue

Dpunch/Ice Beam/Icy Wind, Ice Beam, Ice Beam

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
19% health, 33% fatigue

Protect, Shadow Ball, Shadow Ball

Lirima stands her ground and Protects herself from Chilly's Ice Beam. The attack is cancelled out, and the Ice shards remain, looks like this will be a distance battle...

Lirima and Chilly both charge up their distance attacks... Lirima is using an erethreal ball known as Shadow Ball, while Jynx quickly releases an Ice Beam. The Ice beam is faster... Lirima is definetely feeling in the cold. The Shadow Ball also hits its mark... ouch. Meowth, Feeling Desperate, Sends one Final Shadow Ball... While Chilly herself sends another chill of Ice Beam... the two moves zoom oast each other... and hit their mark exactly the same time! Both Lirima and Chilly look exhausted... and then...

and then...

they both faint.

[B]End of Round 5 Status

Chilly The Jynx
0% health, 0% fatigue

DarkPrincess
Lirima the Meowth
0% health, 0% fatigue

Arena:

There are Ice Shards all around the arena.

Send next Pokemon.

Knight of Time
4th July 2003, 12:31 PM
Wow, that was close. Chilly, return.

'recalls the fallen Jynx'

Okay Gooey, you're up!

'a Pokeball opens up to reveal a male Muk'

DarkPrincess
4th July 2003, 12:39 PM
Are you okay Lirima?

Lirima: Pain... *cough* pain.. ouch...

You did a great job. You did 100% in this battle. Plus, you took the Jynx with you. Good suicide bomber stuff o.O *sets Lirima on the sideline* *stares at the rest of her ASB Team* Hmm.. who to use.. *stares at them* Basilisk! (female Ekans)

Basilisk: *stares up* Yesh?

Your turn.

Basilisk: *slithers on the arena and hisses*

Lets begin this round with something that will give off a very interesting beginning. You're one of the most experienced fighters I have. You never disapointed me before and I trust you won't begin to disapoint me either. Preform a simple Glare that would be able to freeze the Muk in place so he cannot attack you. Next, Dig yourself under ground and stay there. Shake the arena with your Earthquake but stay underground. Don't let it come and get you.

Knight of Time
4th July 2003, 12:48 PM
Oooh, toughie.

Okay Gooey, it looks like Basilisk is going to be a really tough opponent, but not if we are ready.

Start things off by closing your eyes to keep the Glare from working.

Next up, I want you to use a Pursuit attack to get Basilisk. She can dig underground, but it won't stop her from escaping you.

Finally, quickly zap her with a Zap Cannon if you are near her, or a Body Slam to hopefully avoid the Earthquake if you aren't underground.

Deck Knight
6th July 2003, 10:23 PM
Pre-Battle

Basilisk and Sidius: We both one! *both somehow pull another 20 bucks out of nowhere*

Tempest: What is your secret?

Basilisk: *whisper whisper DarkPrincess whisper whisper Wallet*

Tempest: Oh. *pulls 20 bucks out of thin air*

"O_o *checks wallet*... I'm missing 20... WHY YOU LITTLE!!! *chases Tempest*"

Tempest: AHHHH!

Round 6 BEGINS!!!

Gooey the Muk
100% Health, 100% Fatigue

Close eyes, Pursuit, Zap Cannon

DarkPrincess
Basilisk the Ekans
100% Health, 100% Fatigue

Glare, Dig, Earthquake

The two trainers send out their next pokemon. DarkPrince sends his symbol of sludge, Gooey the Muk. The Muk eerily oozes onto the battlefeild. DarkPrincess sends out her superb snake, Basilisk the Ekans, who slithers onto the feild.

Tempest: Snakes, why did it have to be snakes

"*sigh* Another bland movie quote"

Basilisk starts Glaring and Muk closes its eyes. By not looking at its opponent, Gooey evades the steely Glare.

Basilisk isn;'t done yet, and it uses Dig to slither into the ground. And if Tempest thought slithering was bad, it is nothing compared to Muk's pursuit, as it oozes through the ground leaving a purple rotting trail behind it. It catches up to Ekans, who is thouroughly shocked.

Tempest: Sickening...

Basilisk uses an Earthquake... which hurts the Muk a lot since its sort of oozing through the ground, and it causes its weakened, rotting trail to cave in, and both pokemon are buried... Ekans is UNDER the goo called Muk, but it can still breath. Gooey hjowever, uses a Zap Cannon, and being so close at hand, both pokemon are easily in the blast radius... not a smart idea. Another explosion, and the ground is all split up into bits of rubble. Muk oozes out...

Tempest: *barfs* WILL YOU STOP SAYING OOZE!

And Ekans slithers its way out too. Both pokemon are now exhausted, and paralyzed. A rather interesting turn of events.

End of Round 6 Status

Dark Prince the Dark Knight
Gooey the Muk
77% damage, 85% fatigue
Status effects: paralyzed

DarkPrincess
Basilisk the (Rich) Ekans
77% damage, 80% fatigue

Arena: Scratched up and rocky now, Ice shards nowhere to be found.

Knight of Time
7th July 2003, 04:22 PM
Sorry about that Gooey, I didn't think you would get both yourself and Basilisk paralyzed.

Gooey: I know, but at least you got her.

Yeha.

Okay, it is time for some trouble. Give the Ekans a triple dose of Thunderbolt, switching to a Rain Dance incase of any clones.

Sub (besides the one above):

Incase of an Earthquake, Mimic it, and use it against Basilisk as many times as you can.

DarkPrincess
7th July 2003, 04:29 PM
This calls for our secret weapon Glory.. you know what I mean.. he he he..

Glory: *snickers* Mmmhmm...

Sanity Meter.. it takes up the whole round so you'll be quite busy, but it will be so much fun, now wouldn't it?

Glory: Yes, it will be fun, ever so much fun *snickers*

Ekans (F)
Nickname: Glory
Sig Move: Sanity Meter
Description: Glory speaks in her low, mysterious voice. She speaks of darkness and things you'd see in nightmares. These ideas eventually freak out the enemy. Glory then uses her powers to create illusians of the things she spoke of earlier. When the enemy sees them, it'll drive them to the brick of sanity. That's only the beginning. After that first time, seeing the illusians, the enemy will start to hallucinate. They'll think they see Glory on the other side of the arena or perhaps right besides them. Even worse. They'll see the creatures they saw from the illusians. After the whole attack is done, the enemy may still hallucinate. Sanity isn't a thing that can come back in a second. Expecially after what happened to them. This attack takes up three turns in one round. (i.e. the first attack is Glory telling the enemy about darkness and horrible things. the second attack is Glory creating the illusians and the third attack is when the whole thing has driven the enemy insane). Glory can only use this move once per battle.
Type: Dark | Damage: n/a | Accuracy: 70% | Effect: Drives opponent insane
Received By: Starter Team

I hope you enjoy her signature move Kyle :-P

Deck Knight
11th July 2003, 06:59 AM
Pre-Battle

"Its a good thing Glory had that sig. Move, this is going to be a FUN round"

Tempest: Oh dear god no! DarkPrincess! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!!! HE'S GOING TO USE CREATIVITY!!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!

"WILL YOU SHUT UP!!! Stupid Bird."

Round 7 BEGINS!!!

Gooey the Muk
77% damage, 85% fatigue

Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt

DarkPrincess
Basilisk the Ekans
77% damage, 80% fatigue

Sanity Meter

Muk starts off this round by Thunderbolting a murmering Ekans. We have Lord Voldemort here who can understand parseltongue. Whats it saying.

Voldemort: Its saying it wants to kill Harry Potter...

"No seriously"

Voldemort: You're no fun. She's actually saying something about Mr. Clean, Spongebob Squarepants, and ummm... Industrial Strength detergent.

Muk: NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Muk screams as he hears all these thoughts. And then it starts to see a tall bald muscular man with a shiny head and a mop.

Muk: NOOO! Not Mr. Clean!

Then Muk see's a large sponge in square pants, holding his mop(must have come from work) and it says in a menacing voice to Muk. I'm REEEAAADY!!!! TO CLEAN!!!

Muk: NOOOOOO!!! Make the insanity Stop! Its Spongebob Squarepants... WITH A MOP!!!!

Voldemort: Even I have to agree the talking sponge is creepy.

Finally, Muk sees a gigantic bottle with a label that says "Econo-O-Clean". It floats there pointing the spray head at Muk.

Muk: NOOOO! Its the master of death! Industrial Strength Detergent!!! AHHHHH!!!!

Muk, who has now lost all sanity, is going insane, he forgets to use Thunderbolt. Even though he can also see glory a few feet away from him.

Muk is WAY too scared, he's gone insane. This is an interesting round.

Muk: SUDS! SUDS! DEAR GOD NOT THE SUDS!!! YOU GET AWAY FROM ME!!!

Glory: You know... that Sponge really IS creepy, and I made Muk think about him... I AM Good.

End of Round 7 Status

Gooey the Muk
77% damage, 85% fatigue
Status effects: paralyzed, completely insane, nuts, fruity, surrounded by a bald man, a sponge with a mop, and an eeirie floating bottle of industrial strength detergent.

DarkPrincess
Basilisk the Ekans
67% damage, 70% fatigue
Status effects: paralyzed, slightly afraid of the sponge.

Muk: THE CLEANLINESS!!! WHY!!! THIS IS INHUMANE!!!!

DarkPrincess
11th July 2003, 09:58 AM
*cackles* Damn, I LOVE that signature move >D

Glory: *cackles evily* Prepare to meet thy known doom...

I warned you both that you shouldn't underestimate Glory.. that's why... *cackles again* ....
....*calms down*

Okeday, now lets prepare to mess up the Muk even more. It should be all insane for awhile because sanity isn't something that suddenly bounces back right away. Takes some time. Start off by using Double Team to really mess with his mind. Try and make as many as you possibly could. While you have all those clones, make them all Dig underground. From there, all of the snakes should pitch in and shake the arena with Earthquake.

If he however tries to use Mimic to copy your signature move, use Screech right he has a chance to mumble things you'd find in your nightmares. Sanity Meter won't work if the foe can't hear the mumbling. So Screech should block out his voice.

Knight of Time
11th July 2003, 10:15 AM
All right Gooey, if it is trouble Basilisk wants, then she'll get it soon enough.

Gooey: I hope so. I don't need to mimic her sig though.

Okay, first off, try and get rid of those clones with a Rain Dance.

Next up, if there is only one of Basilisk, and she tries to dig underground, the rain ought to bother her, so send a Thunder down the hole, right at her (aim it directly at her if she doesn't dig)

Finally, Mimic that Earthquake if you can.

DarkPrincess
17th July 2003, 11:06 AM
Erm.. do you think we should try and find a faster ref DarkPrince? o.o *pokes Deck Knight*

Knight of Time
17th July 2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by DarkPrincess
Erm.. do you think we should try and find a faster ref DarkPrince? o.o *pokes Deck Knight*

That's exactly what I was thinking.

She may not be necessarily a faster referee, but I want to IM Karin later if she gets on.

Charizard04621
17th July 2003, 02:50 PM
Er, I've been asked to sub. I don't think Deck Knight's away or anything, so I'll only drop by if the battle's gone unreffed for about a week or so.

Sorry for reformatting, but it's just one of those things... ^_^;

Gooey: 77%, completely insane, hallucinating, paralyzed, energy(85%)
Glory: 67%, paralyzed, energy(70%)

Round 8

Thunder rumbles overhead. The sky darkens with swirling stormclouds, and Gooey chuckles... As soon as Glory splits out into several images, the false ones are washed away by the rain that bursts through the clouds. Not according to plan. As soon as he does this, though, the Muk instantly regrets his folly. More rain means more water, and more water means more cleanliness! Oh, no! He mutters wildly, flailing his arms into the air and ducking for cover, though that doesn't quite work. It's still raining, and he's getting cleaner. The horror...

The Muk is having trouble with hyperventilating, and really isn't interested in attacking his opponent. He just wants the rain to stop so he can get dirty again. It's washing his wonderfully revolting odor away! And - NO! It's the evil cleaning detergent flying after him again! Argh! Meanwhile, Glory scrapes against the soft earth and burrows into the ground unnoticed...

Poor Gooey collapses into a shuddering, terrified heap. Why are all these evil things trying to get him... trying to get him... CLEAN?! He cowers in a corner, away from Glory, away from the insane sponge with a mop, away from the flying detergent... The tremors beneath him shake some sense into him, as pain begins to overcome fear... He realizes that there is no sponge with a mop and no flying detergent; these illogical things are figments of his imagination. He still does not like being cleaned by the rain, though. It's a conspiracy, he's sure of it! They want him to die of cleanliness! Glory isn't doing too well, either; she realizes that making tremors while underground is not a good idea, especially when the earth collapses upon her.

Gooey: 65%, drenched, paranoid, paralyzed, energy(82%)
Glory: 52%, drenched, underground, paralyzed, energy(62%)

~ Rain Dance active (6 actions) ~

Ach, poor Muk got really unlucky number rolls.

Knight of Time
19th July 2003, 07:22 PM
Err, Karin, just wondering, but before I post my attacks, could you try and fix up a few things from the first round between Gooey and Basilisk?

Somehow Basilisk was able to dig two rounds ago, and unable to dig last round, shouldn't the last two rounds get changed around a little (e.g. would Gooey end up not paralyzed, and/or even be unable to paralyze Basilisk)?

'is very confused'

:confused:

Charizard04621
23rd July 2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
Erk... I was under the impression that we were using the arena with the cement floor. Anyway, I can't go and change Deck Knight's reffings; that's wrong, and I'd be abusing power. Can you please go and get Deck Knight and ask him which arena he had in mind when he did these reffings, and what the floor was like? I might be able to shift my reffing accordingly. I'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking of the arena with the hard cement floor when Ekans dug into the ground, so I'll need to know what exactly he was thinking about, for future reference, and so that I can fix this round up if necessary.

[EDIT]: Deck Knight has clarified that he was thinking of an arena with an earth floor when he reffed, so we'll stick with that description.

I've edited the reffing. DarkPrince? It's your turn to post.

Knight of Time
25th July 2003, 11:30 AM
Okay Gooey.

I'm real sorry that you had to become a victim of Basilisk's signature move. Even if you fall before Basilisk falls, I'm going to make sure your successors in this battle avenge you as best as they can.

Gooey: Thanks.

Okay, for this round, I want you to start things off by trying to break through the dirt that Basilisk is under. Get her with a Body Slam, pushing your way through the cracks just incase. Keep using Body Slam just incase it manages to damage the cracks without making a large gap the first time.

If you can clearly see Basilisk, then blast her with as many Thunderbolts as you can, aiming them straight down at Basilisk incase she digs.

Sub:

If Basilisk uses Sunny Day followed by Double Team, then get her with another Rain Dance.

DarkPrincess
25th July 2003, 01:34 PM
Don't worry about it Glory. You're underground so I doubt Gooey can Body Slam the ground and it'll hurt you. Earthquake while you're under there. Don't stop. Earthquake away. Even if you end up above the surface. Keep Earthquaking!

Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

Charizard04621
25th July 2003, 04:41 PM
O...kay then. The previous round there wasn't a problem with paralysis, while this round, that's about all we get to see. I think my calculator enjoys playing games with me. :\

Gooey: 65%, drenched, paranoid, paralyzed, energy(82%)
Glory: 52%, drenched, underground, paralyzed, energy(62%)

~ Rain Dance active (6 actions) ~

Round 9

Nothing happens. Gooey twitches while Glory, still underground, remains silent. The soft sound of the rain splashing into puddles is the only thing audible.

While the Muk's seizure continues, he is shaken horribly by tremors... Glory, meanwhile, shrieks as more dirt crumbles onto her and the violent vibrations become less and less tolerable.

The cry is loud enough to be heard by Gooey, but still not easily pinpointed in the rain... He moves vaguely to the direction from which he heard Glory's voice, but he still can't find her. The ground is lightly broken in too many places for him to trace her entry or hiding place. And, to make it more difficult, Glory does nothing...

Gooey: 53%, drenched, paralyzed, energy(81%)
Glory: 41%, wet, beginning to crave oxygen, underground, paralyzed, energy(56%)

~ Rain Dance active (3 actions) ~

DarkPrincess
25th July 2003, 04:47 PM
What the hell? :confused:

How did Glory get damage on her when Gooey didn't attack her? :/

Charizard04621
25th July 2003, 04:50 PM
Same way she got damaged in the previous reffing, from using Earthquake underground.

Charizard04621
28th July 2003, 03:31 PM
Um, DarkPrincess?

DarkPrincess
29th July 2003, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry. Relatives came over for a bit so I stayed with them the whole time and tomorrow I will be leaving for Ohio and won't return until Monday so don't DQ me, even though I don't think Kyle has a DQ time set.

Alright Glory. It seems that being underground is killing you instead of helping so burst from the ground then Glare at the Muk before he can react. Next, shake the arena with your Earthquake and finish off with another.. I'm not feeling creativ so sorry..

Knight of Time
30th July 2003, 06:31 AM
Rachel: There's no DQ, so neither of us can be DQed in this battle.

Okay Gooey.

First off, Glory will be trying to pop out of the ground, thus freeing herself if she is lucky. I want you to try and ensure that you can make it more difficult for her to get out. Ice Punch her head (or body if not the head) as soon as she pops up, and try to knock her back into the hole if you can.

Next up, if Glory managed to make it up to the surface, I want you to close your eyes if she is about to Glare at you. Incase she is getting ready to use Earthquake (regardless of if she is on the surface or not), Mimic Earthquake.

Finally, if you mimiced Earthquake, then simply use Earthquake. If you didn't Mimic it, then I want you to zap her with a Thunderbolt.

Charizard04621
30th July 2003, 03:46 PM
Oh, GEEZ! Will my randomizer just give Glory a break already...

Gooey: 53%, drenched, paralyzed, energy(81%)
Glory: 41%, wet, beginning to crave oxygen, underground, paralyzed, energy(56%)

~ Rain Dance active (3 actions) ~

Round 10

Light droplets of rain splash quietly into the puddles on the muddy stadium floor... Gooey waits with a sparkling fist for Glory to emerge, but no snake comes. In fact, nothing happens, save for the fact that some of the water droplets turn into snowflakes when they get close to the Muk's frosty hand. He shrugs, dispelling the ice energy. No point in it now.

At that moment, Glory bursts out of the ground triumphantly, having conquered her paralysis (for the moment). Gooey blinks. What the?! He instinctively closes his eyes as Glory casts a menacing look at him, but it's too late. She huffs, but she's not out of this yet.

The unfortunate Ekans falls into a fitful spasm again... Gooey directs an electrical surge through her already suffering body, and that's the end of that. Meanwhile, the drizzle finally comes to a stop... The sun shines hesitantly from behind clouds, sending friendly rays down at the moment.

Gooey: 53%, wet, paralyzed, energy(73%)
Glory: 30%, damp, irritated, paralyzed, energy(53%)

Knight of Time
1st August 2003, 09:51 AM
Okay, good job Gooey.

If we are lucky, we might be able to finish off Glory in this round, so blast her with another 3 Thunderbolts.

Subs:

If she tries to go underground, immediately use Pursuit, followed by a close range Thunderbolt when you are near her.

If she tries to make clones of herself, call on more rain with another Rain Dance.

DarkPrincess
5th August 2003, 03:44 PM
We'll go about this simply.. Earthquake away Glory. Keep at it. One after another. Don't let your reign of terror end. Torture him. No mercy *cackles*

Charizard04621
5th August 2003, 06:24 PM
Erm, short round, because I can't be bothered to repeat the same description three times in separate paragraphs.

Gooey: 53%, wet, paralyzed, energy(73%)
Glory: 30%, damp, irritated, paralyzed, energy(53%)

Round 11

Glory unleashes her final fury, shaking the ground with all the strength she can muster to bring forth shattering tremors that make her opponent more than just uncomfortable... The shaking does not cease, and Gooey must aim bolts of lightning while he is thrown around... But Glory cannot keep it up forever, and Gooey's triple assault takes her final ounces of strength out of her. The constant, nonstop use of electricity is tiring Gooey out, though... It doesn't appear as if he can keep up decent electrical offensives for very much longer.

Gooey: 13%, paralyzed, energy(52%)
Glory: KOed

Glory has fallen! DarkPrincess must send out her next battler!

Attack Order:

-DarkPrincess sends out her next pokémon and posts attacks
-DarkPrince posts attacks

DarkPrincess
5th August 2003, 07:45 PM
I'll now use my newest Pocket Monster, Sheik *calls out a female Elekid*

Make this simple. Begin by using your Psychic to rise Muk into the air. Afterwards, toss him into the tiny pool. Before he has a chance to come up, aim a Thunderbolt into the water onto the wet Muk. Finish off by using another Psychic to toss Muk around more.

Knight of Time
6th August 2003, 06:52 AM
I don't remember any pool of water in the arena, Rachel (unless you are talking about the flooded hole(s)).

Okay Gooey, it looks like your plan to explode has unfortunately failed, but there still is a chance we can get some good damage if you do manage to explode.

While Sheik is trying to use her Psychic powers on you, I want you to Struggle as viciously as you can. Make her lose her concentration if you can. After this, we need to be very quick with your next move, so immediately blow yourself up with an Explosion before you get shocked.

Even if you don't get the chance to explode, I want you to know that I am very proud of you, Gooey.

Charizard04621
6th August 2003, 11:53 AM
Er, this is why things that can explode must be finished off immediately instead of being used as playing dolls.

Gooey: 13%, paralyzed, energy(52%)
Sheik: 100%, energy(100%)

Round 12

A newly released Elekid observes Gooey, surging with power. She focuses mentally on him, attempting to lift the pile of sludge above the ground and place it into a nearby hole of some sort that's supposed to contain water... But what's this? The Muk fiercely resists, thrashing about for dear life, and Sheik finally gives up, pouting.

Then Gooey's body begins to glow... But there is no way he can beat a fresh Elekid in speed, and he finds himself shrieking out in pain as jolts of electricity pass through his body... But it's not over yet; mustering up all of his strength, the battered Muk prepares to unleash his remaining energy in one final blow... His gleaming white body flashes, and then, in an instant, he goes out in a boom louder than the crash of nearby thunder! Multiple waves of energy surge outwards from his body, and the Elekid, bare and vulnerable, shields her face with her arms... When it is over, the arena has been laid to waste... Sharp bits of shattered debris lie strewn across the floor, and Gooey has been recalled, while Sheik has taken serious third degree burns. Boils erupt all over her body where the searing energy reached her skin...

Gooey: KOed
Sheik: 60%(Damage Caps), seriously burnt, energy(89%)

Gooey has fallen! DarkPrince must send out his next combatant!

Attack order:

-DarkPrince sends out his pokémon and attacks
-DarkPrincess attacks

Knight of Time
6th August 2003, 03:57 PM
My next choice will be Bombos, my male Arcanine.

Okay Hot Stuff, this battle may be tough, so be ready.

First, I want you to create a Safeguard for yourself.

Next up, I want you to use a Crunch on Sheik's arm (either one).

Finally, I want you to poison her with a Toxic.

Subs:

If Sheik Mimics Safeguard successfully (or uses it just incase she can legally use it too), then I want you to use a Dragonbreath on her.

Incase of a Double Team, I want you to use a Swift.

DarkPrincess
6th August 2003, 04:02 PM
While he is putting up that Safeguard, aim a nice and merciless Thunder at the Arcanine. Next, when it's getting ready to sink it's mighty jaws down onto your arm, use your Psychic to stop the Arcanin dead in its tracks then blast it against the wall. Finish off by using Protect against the Toxic. Good luck Sheik

Sheik Let us rain some doom upon the head of my filthy doomed enemies..

Charizard04621
6th August 2003, 05:52 PM
Huan: "Rain" and "doom" simply don't go together. I should know; I am a Houndoom, after all. Unless, of course, you're implying that rain causes my doom, in which case you would be correct. I hate rain. I hate it. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate...

...Erm, ignore him. He hasn't been able to battle much, and consequently, has had a lot of time to think up random thoughts in his head... and stuff... since, you know, doing nothing else is pretty boring. He's probably glad that he can get some exercise by talking.

Hmm, I'm going to borrow this technique so I don't forget how many pokémon each of you has...

DarkPrince the Dark Knight
X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 100%, energy(100%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|O|O|O|O
Sheik: 60%(Damage Caps), seriously burnt, energy(89%)

Round 13

A green shroud surrounds Bombos as he creates protection from external side effects... Sheik, seeking redemption, puts her strength into a vicious electrical blast, striking the stagnant Arcanine dead on as he sits there. He howls, pawing the ground as if that'll make the momentary pain go away faster.

Sheik concentrates on the Arcanine as he gets closer, establishing a mental grip on him, and waits... He lunges to sink his teeth, crackling violently with dark energy, into her arm, and at that exact moment the Elekid puts all her effort into throwing him in the opposite direction. It's hard to stop a charging Arcanine that's more than twice your size, but she manages it, and Bombos snorts in annoyance as he lands on the ground.

The dog shakes himself, tossing his flaming mane. Frowning, he turns his attention to Sheik again, spitting out a glob of extremely deadly poison. Sheik, however, is prepared. She erects a shining barrier that the substance cannot penetrate, and the poison splatters upon it, oozing to the ground below.

X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 80%, Safeguard active(1 action), energy(90%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|O|O|O|O
Sheik: 60%, seriously burnt, energy(67%)

DarkPrincess
6th August 2003, 07:21 PM
Sheik: I hate bloody cats.. the way they meow *twitches* Bloody cats..

Serenity: *snaps a cruel gare towards the Elekid* You're lucky you're in a battle kid otherwise I'd use you as my personal catkip toy *roars and digs her claws into the ground*

... *blinks* Aren't my Pocket Monsters nice? They're all act either drunken or are evil.. or slightly insane *blinks* Wow, just like me..except not drunken. Alcohol is bad and icky x.o

Karin and Kyle: Post your bloody attacks!!

*ahem* Anyway...

This is basicly just a bunch of subs on the count of, I have no idea what to do ^^;

If that Arcanine attempts to use any attack that involves physical contact (Crunch, Body Slam etc) or raged attack (Flamethrower, Dragonbreath etc) then use Psychic to drive him away before he makes contact or stop the attack from hitting you and make it go away... make it hit me instead. You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Sheik: Seeing you injured wouldn't bring me much joy *grin* But a little joy is always helpful

If he uses any stats changing moves, Protect

If he doesn't do any of the things I said.. uh... Thunderbolt? *ran out of ideas*

I'm sorry for just using subs.. I can't think of a strategy at the moment so... tada ^.^;;

Knight of Time
7th August 2003, 09:25 AM
Okay Bombos, it looks like we just got ourselves a break.

Force Sheik into Protecting herself repeatedly as you send some poison her way. Toxic her until successful.

If you manage to successfully poison her on any action other than your third, then I want you to Dig underground, catching her from below. Finally, if you have room, either be ready to Struggle if Sheik catches you in her Psychic grasp again, or Teleport a good distance away from her.

Charizard04621
7th August 2003, 10:47 AM
Huan: A cat? Really? Can I eat her?

...Um, no. Play dead, okay?

X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 80%, Safeguard active(1 action), energy(90%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|O|O|O|O
Sheik: 60%, seriously burnt, energy(67%)

Round 14

Sheik watches Bombos carefully, and when he flings the venomous glob at her, she is ready... This time her shield looks a little weaker, but it still holds, and she sighs in relief as the poison slips to the floor... Bombos's green glow fades.

Again the Arcanine spits at his target, but this time the Elekid is not so lucky. Her feeble shield doesn't even hold out the flying liquid, and she finds herself splattered all over by the nasty stuff.

Suddenly the dog disappears underground, and Sheik looks about frantically, afraid of what may be coming next. Where is he? What is he going to do? Bombos answers this by bursting from the ground beneath her, charging her down. Not knowing what else to do, the Elekid directs a surge of lightning into her opponent, taking advantage of the close contact. The Arcanine yelps and springs away from her, frowning. Meanwhile, Sheik's blood begins to burn...

X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 69%, energy(78%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|O|O|O|O
Sheik: 42%, seriously burnt, energy(42%)

Yeowch, the double Protect was nasty to Sheik's energy level.

Knight of Time
7th August 2003, 02:19 PM
Okay Bombos.

Start this round off by quickly Teleporting into a distant corner, away from Sheik Make sure you can still see her, though.

Next, if she comes after you, be ready to aim a Dragon Rage in her direction. Otherwise, blast her with a Swift.

Finally, get her with another Dragon Rage.

Subs:

If Sheik tries to use a Flash or Swagger on you, I want you to close your eyes. Just incase you get angrier, then show Sheik your best Frustration.

If Sheik tries to use a Toxic, Thunder Wave or Zap Cannon on you, Teleport to the opposite end of the arena (if you were able to Teleport earlier) if Sheik is within good distance, or a Safeguard if she is far away.

Be ready to Struggle viciously incase Sheik tries Psychic on you again.

DarkPrincess
7th August 2003, 02:24 PM
Serenity: *arches a brow at Huan*

Demon: Aww.. so we're not eating Serenity? pouts*

Hmm.. a teleporting Arcanine? o.O *didn't know Arcanine could Teleport* *shrug* Anyway Sheik, use your Quick Attack to run after Bombos.

Sheik: How the bloody hell would that help? *thwaps me*

x.o ow..I'm so loved, aren't I? Let me finish. He'll be aiming a Dragon Rage towards you. Use your Psychic to stop that Dragon Rage from hitting you then drive it towards Arcanine. He'll aim another Dragon Rage so once again, Psychic the Dragon Rage to him. Whee

Charizard04621
7th August 2003, 06:05 PM
X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 69%, energy(78%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|O|O|O|O
Sheik: 42%, seriously burnt, energy(42%)

Round 15

Bombos's image fizzles, and then he disappears altogether... Sheik scans the arena. Now, where could that Arcanine have gone? Ah, there. He rematerializes at the far end of the stadium, but Sheik isn't going to let him get away with it... The Elekid dashes to catch up to him, grinning as she makes up the lost space in no time at all, thwapping him lightly several times in the process.

The Arcanine, however, has other plans. A blazing fireball erupts from his mouth, and Sheik, desperate, tries to mentally send it back... But fire is difficult to control, and fire that travels this fast even more so. The Elekid shrieks in agony as her burns are worsened by the fire...

Again, Bombos unleashes another fireball, but this time, Sheik, knowing that she will not be able to return it, merely takes the shot, wincing... Then she focuses her mental strength on Bombos, squeezing him as hard as she possibly can, angry that he has caused her so much pain. Her burns continue to sting her, and her mind begins to tire from so much constant exercise...

X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 54%, energy(63%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|O|O|O|O
Sheik: 17%, seriously burnt, energy(28%)

DarkPrincess
7th August 2003, 06:08 PM
Psychic to raise him in the air. Thunderbolt at him...I don't really care.... she's going to faint no matter what I try so I shouldn't even try

Doesn't matter.. Sheik will faint next round... what's the difference? DarkPrince only made me not forfeit because he knows he's going to win.... *sighs*

Knight of Time
8th August 2003, 07:10 AM
Okay Bombos.

That Psychic might be trouble, but it won't grasp you for very long. Struggle viciously against it.

Next up, give Sheik a taste of your Flamethrower.

Finally, if she is still up, down her with another jet of flames. Flamethrower.

Rachel: What do you mean I know I'm going to win? Deciding on my next Pokemon will not be easy, so I'm not sure if I can actually win...

Charizard04621
8th August 2003, 01:24 PM
X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 54%, energy(63%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|O|O|O|O
Sheik: 17%, seriously burnt, energy(28%)

Round 16

The Arcanine feels an invisible force lifting him off the stadium floor. He reacts immediately, thrashing about in a wild frenzy in an attempt to break free of the mental grasp. Sheik, annoyed at her uncontrollable opponent, drops him. He lands with a soft thud.

A terrible jet of flame aggravated the boils on her skin further, and the poor Elekid struggles to remain coonscious, suffering... The pain is so much... Knowing that it will soon be over, she puts all her strength into her final bolt of lightning before another stream of fire makes her fall.

X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 41%, energy(52%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Sheik: KOed

Sheik has fallen! DarkPrincess must choose her next combatant!

Attack order:

-DarkPrincess sends out her pokémon
-DarkPrince attacks
-DarkPrincess attacks

DarkPrincess
8th August 2003, 01:30 PM
Grr.. curses.. I'm sorry but you left me with no choice.

Go Aurora ("female" Stayru)

Bwaha

EDIT: Oh and congratulations on becoming a dragon tamer at PCG, Charizard04621 ^__^ *gives cookie xD*

Charizard04621
8th August 2003, 01:35 PM
Lol, thanks Rachel! ^_^ Cookies are good. :)

Knight of Time
8th August 2003, 03:50 PM
A Staryu?

Man, this could be a load of trouble, Bombos, but if we are lucky, your sig might work here.

Start this round off by sending another wave of fire, this time at Aurora. Get her with a Dragon Rage!

Next, if your opponent is very close to you, give her a taste of your Dragonbreath, or if not, blast her with a second Dragon Rage.

Finally, get Aurora with another Dragonbreath if she is close to you, or another Dragon Rage if she is not.

Subs:

Incase of Double Team, Swift the clones away.

Incase of any Water attack (except Rain Dance), it's up to you to use an Extremespeed to dodge it and hopefully hit Aurora.

If you are caught in a Psychic grasp, Struggle away, viciously!

DarkPrincess
8th August 2003, 03:53 PM
Bwahaha.. Psychic to stop that Dragon Rage then send it hurling at Bombos. Thoughout this round simply use Psychic to stop the dragon attacks then send them back at Bombos

Charizard04621
9th August 2003, 10:02 PM
Er??? Rachel, did you miss the part in my reffing that Sheik was completely unable to turn Dragon Rage away with Psychic?

Dragon Rage is not a solid attack; it's almost totally composed of fire. As such, it's much harder to turn back with simply telekinesis. A Psychic type can pull of that feat, as Sabrina's Kadabra demonstrated, but not without some amount of strain, and definitely not with any form of accuracy. Sabrina's Kadabra managed to turn Pikachu's Thunder against it. However, Pikachu managed to dodge the redirected blast because it was not completely accurate and precise.

Now, with real Psychic types having trouble, I have to say that pokémon who do not even possess the Psychic type (like Sheik and Aurora, who's only a pure Water type at the moment - if you want to argue, I'll point out that Misty's Staryu does not display strong psychic abilities in the Animé) will not be able to perform such difficult feats as even redirecting nonsolid attacks, let alone redirect them with any kind of accuracy.

It was mentioned in the reffing when Sheik tried to redirect Dragon Rage with Psychic (that Psychic failed, and she couldn't pull it off), but I guess you must have missed it...

Don't worry, though, Aurora's not stupid, so she won't keep trying to do something that doesn't work.

X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 41%, energy(52%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Aurora: 100%, energy(100%)

Round 17

Bombos growls when he sees the starfish emerge at his next opponent. A Water type... already? The Arcanine lets out a loud snort. Whatever... He spits out a large fireball that heads straight for Aurora, who attempts to slow it down but is not very successful... The draconic energy sears the topmost tips of her points, and she draws them down, uncomfortable.

This time Aurora changes strategies. She knows now from experience that it'll be impossible to perfect a method of returning her opponent's attack (Believe it, she tried hard), so instead, she mentally squeezes the Arcanine with all her might... Soon, she finds out that Bombos will not take this kind of punishment without a fight, and he struggles madly to escape her grip... Although she finds it hard to concentrate, the Staryu clutches onto him tighter, knowing that he is feeling pain... Bombos continues to thrash about, whining softly as he feels himself crushed further... He is finally let go, and he inhales deeply, relieved. He is obviously tiring...

X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 29%, energy(33%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Aurora: 92%, energy(83%)

DarkPrincess
9th August 2003, 10:12 PM
... Opps ^.^;;

Okeday Nenya (rawr, fear the name change) I'm not feeling creative today so.. just use Surf x3.

If he uses Sunny Day to destroy your water-type attacks, use Psychic to just kinda toss Bombos around because I'm sure that'd be fun.

Knight of Time
10th August 2003, 09:16 AM
Okay Bombos.

Start this round off by creating a Substitute, but put about 5-10% of your health into it. Since this is practically the only way for you to take damage this round, this should enable you to use your sig.

Next up, I want you to send a Toxic towards Aurora.

Finally, end this round with your sig, Bombos Force!

Arcanine (M)
Nickname: Bombos
Sig Move: Bombos Force
Description: Bombos's body begins to glow a deep orange. Indicating danger is to come towards him and any allies/opponents in the arena with him, a column of fire quickly spins around Bombos' body. Next, the ground Bombos and all of his opponents/allies are standing on/near begins to explode with force everywheres. Since this affects the whole arena Bombos and everyone else (except the trainers of course) is standing on/near, it will be impossible for Bombos to outlast it in any way, and he has to be at 25% health or below in order to use this signature move. This can only be used once per battle.

Type: Fire|Acc: 99%|Damage: 25%|Effects: see above

Charizard04621
10th August 2003, 09:38 AM
X|X|O|O|O|O
Bombos: 29%, energy(33%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Aurora: 92%, energy(83%)

Round 18

There is no large body of water in the dirt arena, much to Aurora's dismay. She cannot mentally control an abundance of water if there is not an abundant water source! She's much better off using her other Water-type attacks. Nevertheless, the Staryu frantically attempts to draw moisture out of the air... She manages to collect a small glob of water, which she throws at Bombos, who immediately shatters. Huh?

From the side, the real Arcanine splatters Aurora with nasty venom! Enraged at this trick, the Staryu proceeds to squeeze Bombos with mental force... She continues the assault, sending the already weakening Arcanine into swirling oblivion.

X|X|X|O|O|O
Bombos: KOed

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Aurora: 90%, badly poisoned, energy(67%)

Bombos has fallen! DarkPrince must send out his next combatant!

Attack order:

-DarkPrince sends out his pokémon and attacks
-DarkPrincess posts attacks

Knight of Time
10th August 2003, 10:23 AM
Well Bombos, I'm sorry that you weren't able to use your sig despite your first attempt. You were great however. Return.

'returns the fallen Arcanine into his Pokeball'

Okay, it has been a while since I have had one of my "genderless" Pokemon battle a fellow "genderless" Pokemon. Magno, you're up!

'takes out a Pokeball, enlarges it and opens it up to reveal a Magneton'

Okay Magno.

Start this round off by giving Aurora a taste of electricity. Thunderbolt. Make sure you aim it at the core.

Next up, if she managed to Teleport away, then I want you to send a Swift her way. Otherwise, shock her with more electricity. Thunderbolt her core.

Finally, use a(nother) Swift if Aurora is out of range. Otherwise, try a Thunder Wave on her.

Subs:

If Aurora makes clones of herself, Swift them away.

Incase of Zap Cannon or Thunder Wave, Teleport to the opposite side.

Incase of Psychic, Struggle as viciously as you can.

DarkPrincess
12th August 2003, 09:44 AM
Magic Lock Lets see how he likes it when non of his Electric-Type attacks fail him for three rounds.. All he can ue his Swift for this round. Next, try and hit a critical hit with your Hydro Pump repeatly.

Staryu (-)
Nickname: Nenya
Signature Move: Magic Lock
Description: Nenya's ruby glows a shimmering bright ivory color. White sparks suddenly her opponents bodies. However, that doesn't injure them. It does however, slink through their bodies to the exact point where they store their electrical energy. The white sparks attached themselves to that and eat at it. The foe will be unable to preform any type of electric-type attack. (Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave etc) They cannot attack with the electrical attacks but they can feel free to use any other type of attack. She can only use this move once in a battle though.
Type: Psychic | Damage: n/a | Accuracy: 80% | Effects: Disables Electric Attacks for 3 rounds.

Also, my Staryu's name is now Nenya... please call her that

Charizard04621
12th August 2003, 11:43 AM
Nenya, the Ring of Adamant, Galadriel's. The three Elven rings are cool. Hey, Rachel, have you read The Silmarillion?

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 100%, energy(100%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Nenya: 90%, badly poisoned, energy(67%)

Round 19

The new Magneton comes out, formidable against his water type opponent. He intends to make use of his prey's weakness, so he blasts her central core with a frighteningly large surge of electricity! Nenya squirms, but then her red core begins to glow a blinding white... Sparks of light run over Magno's body, and suddenly he shivers... His power... His source of power... It's fading...

Magno tries to emit more electrical sparks, but none come out. He lets out a shrill, puzzled cry of annoyance. That strange performance Nenya had earlier must have had something to do with it... The Staryu leaps into the air and begins to spin like a ninja star, spouting streams of forceful water out of her tips. The Magneton gets thrown back by the force...

Still Nenya spins, and water continues to gush outwards, splashing her opponent all over the place. He makes a strange whining noise, then showers the Staryu with a barrage of sharp yellow shurikens. Nenya drops to the ground, annoyed. The poison continues to burn at her insides...

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 72%, electrical attacks disabled for two rounds, energy(93%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Nenya: 63%, badly poisoned, energy(45%)

DarkPrincess
12th August 2003, 12:04 PM
Yep. That's where Nenya gets her name. Maybe you'll know this since you're a LotR fan (I assume you are :)) You know Aragorn's sword? Doesn't it have a "name"? I can't remember. I want to know becase I want to name my new Scyther after the sword.. I'm just curious ^-^ and no, I haven't. Is it good?

As for you Nenya, prepare to use a Minimize to get all tiny so you can evade more attacks that way. Next, while you are tiny, Harden to make it so you are more invincible. Finish off with a Recover

Fear the defensive round for me ^.^;

Charizard04621
12th August 2003, 12:51 PM
Narsil, the sword that was broken. It belonged to Elendil. When it was reforged, Aragorn renamed it Andúril, Flame of the West.

Oh, and The Silmarillion is tough reading, not quite so entertaining as LotR, although it's a great piece of work. It's more of a history of the elves, mostly, though it tells about men later, too.

Knight of Time
12th August 2003, 01:14 PM
Okay Magno.

Simple round for both you and Nenya.

While she is Minimizing, blast her with a triple barrage of Sonic Booms.

Charizard04621
15th August 2003, 06:11 PM
X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 72%, electrical attacks disabled for two rounds, energy(93%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Nenya: 63%, badly poisoned, energy(45%)

Round 20

While Nenya shrinks to minute proportions, Magno nails her with a piercing sonic blast, toppling her over. The irritated Staryu struggles up, a little wobbly from the assault.

The skin on Nenya becomes tougher as she concentrates on adding armor... Her orange skin glows golden, a sign of her hardening exterior. Magno still knocks her down with his sound wave, shearing through her defenses. Nenya continues to curse.

And then, the final straw. After Magno's sonic attack rushes over her one more time, Nenya focuses a great chunk of her energy into interior healing, tapping into her remaining resources to undo cuts, scratches, and bruises... It takes a great deal of her strength, and by the time it is over, the poor Staryu is utterly exhausted. To make things worse, poison still eats at her insides, steadily getting worse...

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 72%, electrical attacks disabled for one round, energy(90%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Nenya: 85%, miniature, hardened skin, badly poisoned, energy(18%)

Knight of Time
16th August 2003, 01:06 PM
Okay Magno.

For this round, I want you to use another three Sonic Booms on Nenya, but if she ever Teleports or makes DT clones of herself, then it's time for some starry action, aka Swift whenever necessary.

DarkPrincess
16th August 2003, 08:44 PM
Well, Nenya is about to go down from fatigue so I better just make this round to help the future Pokemon :/

Begin by using a Toxic to eat away at his flesh.. er... curcuits.. (o.o) Next, use a bunch of Hydro Pump for some hopefully some great damag.

Charizard04621
17th August 2003, 09:42 AM
Hmm, short round...

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 72%, electrical attacks disabled for one round, energy(90%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|O|O|O
Nenya: 85%, miniature, hardened skin, badly poisoned, energy(18%)

Round 21

While Magno's ear-splitting sonic waves continually tear at Nenya's flesh, she watches in embarrassment as her venom splashes harmlessly off his metallic armor, then proceeds to spin in the air and drench him with small but concentrated gushes of water... The exhausted Staryu falls, while the white constricting glow around the Magneton ceases to exist.

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 49%, energy(77%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|X|O|O
Nenya: KOed

Nenya has fallen! DarkPrincess must send out her next combatant!

Attack order:

-DarkPrincess sends out and attacks
-DarkPrince attacks

DarkPrincess
17th August 2003, 09:49 AM
You have asked for it Kyle.. I'm going to send one of my strongest Pokémon. You know very well of his power because you reffed his battle. Bow down before the awesome might of.. Vampyre! (male Houndoom)

Before that flying pile of curcuits can do anything, Spite him down to make sure that his fatigue meter suffers like he will suffer. Make sure he fears your shadow. Faint Attack to fade into the shadows that bind you. Appear near Magno then send out a massive Fire Blast

Knight of Time
17th August 2003, 09:58 AM
Okay Magno, this could be tough.

Magno: Yeah, I hate fire so much, I bet it might even melt me.

Not if I can help it.

Magno, there is practically no way to avoid that Spite, but you have a special sig, and I need you to use it now. Thunder Beam.

Next, I want you to Teleport up really high.

Finally, give Vampyre an even bigger shock (maybe not bigger). Zap him with a Thunder.

No matter what happens Magno, you are doing well.

Magneton (n/a)
Nickname: Magno
Sig Move: Thunder Beam
Description: Magno fires three medium sized, beam shaped lightning bolts at its opponent. However, the concept of this move is a bit tricky because one of those beams will always go forward, wth the other two going up and down (one goes straight up, and the other goes straight down). Unfortunately for Magno it is only possible for one beam to damage the opponent (if two beams were to hit the opponent only one of them would damage). Each beam can do 20% damage, and there is a 20% chance of paralysis. The move can only be used once per round, and up to three times per battle.

Type: Electric|Acc: 80%|Damage: 20%|Paralysis: 20%

Edit: Just a slight typo, no attack changes.

Charizard04621
17th August 2003, 01:44 PM
Gak, who approved that sig? 60% potential damage from a sig move alone in three rounds? Oh, and beams that travel in three possible directions, making it possible to hit even more targets at a time in a tag team? Ridiculous. It needs a better usage limit.

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 49%, energy(77%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|X|O|O
Vampyre: 100%, energy(100%)

Round 22

The devil dog growls as he emerges, pawing the ground. He glares at his opponent and snorts. A Magneton? Easy. Magno makes a strange, weary noise as he feels his energy being drained from him... But then he strikes back, with a triple pillar of electrical fury! Vampyre howls as a gigantic crackling beam hurls him backwards, flinching as he watches the magnitude of the attack... The beam that blasted him forward is only one of three, the other two of which stretch above and below the Magneton's body... Meanwhile, Vampyre's muscles twitch ever so slightly...

While Vampyre falls to the ground in a full-blown spasm, Magno disappears and rematerializes some way above... About thirty feet.

The Houndoom forces himself back to his feet, snarling. This isn't fun. He roars, exhaling a great blazing kanji at the Magneton in the air... But looks at heights can be deceiving, and the flame misses its mark. Magno's electrical blast only slightly grazes the demonic canine below...

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 49%, thirty feet in the air, energy(48%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|X|O|O
Vampyre: 77%, paralyzed, energy(91%)

Man, Vampyre got some freakishly unlucky number rolls... Maybe he'll do better next round.

Knight of Time
18th August 2003, 03:36 PM
Okay...

Karin, just wondering, but before I post Magno's next moves, I need to ask you a question.

I'm going to eventually go to the Team Approval Tower, posting new changes to the sig, but should I wait until these new changes are approved before I attack?

Edit: Incase you both are curious, Magno's sig was approved by ASHarris on July 7, 2002 at the Ezboard (I can give a link if necessary).

Charizard04621
18th August 2003, 07:05 PM
The sig stays the same way for the entire battle, unless ASHarris or Impereon say otherwise.

Knight of Time
19th August 2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
The sig stays the same way for the entire battle, unless ASHarris or Impereon say otherwise.

Oh...

I probably won't use the sig again this battle.

'knows he should have made it one time use, whether or not the sig should have had lowered damage'

Okay Magno, we got pretty lucky with your sig last round, but Vampyre definitely won't go down without trying to make molten metal out of you.

First off, since most of your attacks are bound to miss from your current position, I want you to send a triple barrage of Swift towards Vampyre.

Subs:

If a Fire attack comes your way and is on the right track to hitting you, then I want you to Teleport out of the way. You don't need to Teleport higher, but if you want to, it's fine with me, but don't Teleport to a lower spot.

If Vampyre is about to use Pursuit on you, then I want you to blast him with a Hyper Beam. Try and have it in orb form when he is getting close, and you might be able to make him run into it.

Charizard04621
21st August 2003, 05:10 PM
Rachel...?

DarkPrincess
23rd August 2003, 11:54 AM
Well, I know this won't help, but I REALLY want to use this. The Werewolf's Bite. This is one of my favorite signature moves I have created and I'm dying to see it in action. ^_____^; *hugs The Werewolf's Bite, Sanity Meter, Awakening Chaos and Everlasting Phobia which are the signature moves I am most fond of*

Houndoom (M)
Nickname: Vampyre
Signature Move: The Werewolf's Bite
Description: Vampyre howls into the sky. Darkness shall fall onto the arena and all will fade into the shadows. A large bright full moon hangs itself into the air. This part takes a full attack to do. The next part is the real part of the signature move. The moon's glare will split through Vampyre's spirit. He snarls and whimpers as the moon transforms Vampyre into a werewolf-like Houndoom. He looks the same except his snarl and glare at more intimidating. Every human will flee when Vampyre has been transformed. He'll snap a sudden glance towards all of his enemies. If he is in a tag team battle, he'll attack his partners too. That is the second attack. The third attack has him biting at everyone he sees. These are the biting-like attacks he could do.

Bite: 15%
Crunch: 20%

The ref determines which he does. He can do Bite to one and Crunch on another. After he has attacked every Pokémon in sight, the darkness will loom away and the moon will disappear. Vampyre will be back to normal. He will not be able to turn into a werewolf again because he will be ashamed by the way he acted. This whole thing takes a full round to fully use. First attack is him summoning the darkness, then him turning into a werewolf then the attacking of every Pokémon around.
Type: Dark | Damage: 15% or 20% | Accuracy: 85% | Effect: See above

Charizard04621
24th August 2003, 07:06 PM
You know that Magno is 30 feet in the air, right? Ergh, bad wording leads to problems with syntax... He only changes back after attacking every pokémon in sight. If he cannot reach the pokémon in sight, he cannot attack it... which leads to big problems. It would be all fine and dandy if he could attack with ranged moves like Fire Blast, but, of course, he only has Crunch and Bite. But... I'll let it slide this time. Not everyone can spot syntax properly, after all.

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 49%, thirty feet in the air, energy(48%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|X|O|O
Vampyre: 77%, paralyzed, energy(91%)

Round 23

Vampyre raises his head in the air and howls: a high, sinister howl that chills Magno to the heart. The floating Magneton shudders as all light is shut out... Darkness ensues. He feels the blackness closing in on him to suffocate him... And then, to his relief, a glowing moon rises, casting warm light upon the ground below. Magno drops yellow stars upon his opponent, who doesn't seem to care...

Suddenly, the hell hound's ear-splitting shriek cuts through the night air! Magno watches in horror as his opponent thrashes about wildly in pain, whimpering as the lingering moonlight upon him does something... horrible... Finally the seizure stops, and Vampyre whips into position, eyes blood-red. He snarls softly, menacingly... Magno's star shower bothers him not.

And then he strikes! Seeing no possible way to reach his opponent levitating ahead, Vampyre turns to the audience, and hell breaks loose! The demonic canine gives chase to his prey, and people run frantically, flailing their arms in the air, screaming in utter terror until their lungs threaten to burst. His eyes settle upon the opposing trainer, who turns and flees... Magno, seeing his trainer's predicament, tries to save him, but his abundant shurikens fall short of their path... The hunt continues until the referee lets out her Tyranitar, who immediately draws Vampyre's attention. The Houndoom's bites don't seem to bother Ancalagon, though, which is a relief... As the illusory night fades away, revealing daylight once more, the raging Vampyre takes a deep breath, finally coming to his senses. He shrinks back in embarrassment...

X|X|X|O|O|O
Magno: 49%, thirty feet in the air, energy(40%)

DarkPrincess
X|X|X|X|O|O
Vampyre: 69%, paralyzed, energy(75%)

DarkPrincess
24th August 2003, 08:54 PM
That's it. I quit this battle. Good day...

Knight of Time
25th August 2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by DarkPrincess
That's it. I quit this battle. Good day...

I thought we were both going to drop this battle, making it a draw?

Anyway...

'recalls Magno and walks out of the building'