PDA

View Full Version : Melody

22sa
20th June 2003, 02:18 AM
Here it is, It is scanned after coloring with the pencil crayon. I have not edited it yet.
1. hands should be bigger
2. eyes too far apart, too skinny

Anything else? Post comments

[attachment deleted by admin]

Geofree
20th June 2003, 03:30 AM
Really good drawing :D Infact, the only thing I'm worried bout is the Japanese you've used. You've used a combination of hiragana and katakana instead of using just Katakana (used in names.) See my attachment and use the lower (being katakana) instead of the higher (geing hiragana). Hope that helps :wave:

Azura Stardust
20th June 2003, 05:01 AM
Cute, though yeah, the eyes are a little far ap[art and the arms are freakishly thin. XD

Geofree is right, except your "chan" is also wrong. I thought Hiragana/Katakan was easy... :confused:

Attached is a way to write it... Now I'm not trying to make Geofree look stupid or anything, ... I'm just trying to help ^_^;;;

(Yeah yeah, I hammed it up with Photoshop... at least PS7 is lovely enough to let you type in Japa chars now.)

What you put there was

me [Hiragana] ro [katakana] te [hiragana - well I acnt see the two dots that make it De, anyway] small i [katakana]

chi [hiragana] small ya [katakana] a [hiragana] n [katakana]

Was it intentional? It looks a little odd, thats why ^^ Even in the most crazy manga they don't do that, the closest thing I've come across is Chobits (cho-bi-tsu - everything is hiragana except the tsu.) And even if it was intentional, you spelt it as "chaan"...

Silver Ledian
21st June 2003, 04:44 PM
Hey there,

I would actually have pointed out the eyes if you hadn't have said so...but now that I've concentrated on looking at them for 3 minutes I guess they look a bit far apart, and the arms look thin too, I must agree - the good thing is you've pointed out your own faults though which shows you're paying attention to detail ^_^

The blue and red work well together and I'm amazed you've got that result with just crayon, I was expecting a smuged 4 year-old's drawing...but it's really good. I like the hair and little dress too. However, just one other thing. One shoulder is longer than the other, that was actually more apparent to me than the eyes....just thought I'd point that out. 8.5/10 though, with your own improvements it'll definately be flawless :D