PDA

View Full Version : Another Open Challenge (Yet again, referee needed)

Mindprobe
20th June 2003, 10:49 AM
1on1
DQ 4 days
Referee Gengar's shadow
Arena: Bugsy's Bug Challenge
Indigo stadium sized arena, with a grass floor. 6 to 8 meters high trees growing near each other. Not that thick though, you can see the other side from the other side.

You send first
I send first and attack
Then you attack

Gengar's Shadow
20th June 2003, 10:52 AM
IM GONNA REF!!

Oddish17
20th June 2003, 03:16 PM
I accept your challenge. I select my male Hitmonchan, Vahn.

Mindprobe
20th June 2003, 03:33 PM
I choose my male Gastly Demi!

He's only hope is elemental punches.

It's time for status dancing. Confuse Ray make him hallusinate really badly. Now to add more power to it use Illusion

Sig: Illusion
The air turns cold and a lite fog covers the arena. Suddenly, multiply Gastlys, Haunters and Gengars start to attack. They howl and scream, making enemies shiver. They seem to attack from nowhere and disseapear to nowhere. Enemies will be frightened and scared. Thus, leaving them open to attacks. Illusion is based on mind-controlling, the fog, ghosts and the cold air is just manipulation of Gastly. The air only seems to be foggy, and it feels cold, but it truelly ain't. Only thing real is the fear that the illusion strikes in it's foes.
Type: Dark | Accuary: 90% | Damage: 0% | Effect: Opponent is frightened and left open for attacks. No effect on Hoot-hoot and Noctowl and own pokemon | Usage: Once per battle

When he's too afraid to move and do anything, spit a globe of toxic on him.

Confuse Ray + Illusion ~ Toxic

Mindprobe
20th June 2003, 03:46 PM
Sorry for the double post and sorry to Oddish for being cheap.

I would like to ban rest/substitute, but only if ref and Oddish accepts.

Gengar's Shadow
20th June 2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Mindprobe
Sorry for the double post and sorry to Oddish for being cheap.

I would like to ban rest/substitute, but only if ref and Oddish accepts.

Byebye subsitute and rest:wave:

Oddish17
20th June 2003, 10:28 PM
Well it would have been nice to know of that before, but I suppose I can go without Rest or Substitute.

Vahn, start off with Agility to go directly through Gastly. He can't confuse you if he can't follow your movements. Then use Mind Reader, so as not to be fooled by all the fake illusions. You'll know of Demi's trickery before he even attempts to pull it off. Finish off by heading behind the nearest tree, to shield yourself from the toxic.

Agility ~ Mind Reader ~ Hide behind tree

Mindprobe
21st June 2003, 04:05 AM
Thinking about it yesterday, I was willing to switch Gastly to Scizor to make the battle abit fair, but I see your just doing fine.

Gengar's Shadow
21st June 2003, 11:31 AM
ok, ref time

MINDPROBE VERSUS ODDISH17!

Pre-Battle Status-

Vahn (Male Hitmonchan) [100% Health, 100% Energy, Good]

Demi (Male Gastly) [100% Health, 100% Energy, Good]

Teh Moves-

Vahn ~*~Agility | MindReader | HideBehindTree~*~

Demi ~*~ConfuseRay | Illusion | Toxic~*~

ROUND THE FIRST!

Here we are at a new battle. This one can go high or low, depending on what commands. Here is Mindprobe, coming looking strong. Now, we see him realease a pokemon. Out of the pokeball comes the gaseous form, Demi the Gastly. Here comes the opponent now, Oddish17, and her pokmon will be a Hitmonchan. By the looks, the Hitmonchan, Vahn, will win, but looks dont matter much, do they. However, Vahn still has a chance, and something good will happen if you try.

We start with not much action, it probably will heat up, but for now, the basics. Demi fires a withish ray going to the sturdy fighter. It doesnt jet there, or dart there, it slowly floats there. I would think that Demi wanted a little more speed, but he looks like he is smiling. What is he smiling about? Who knows. Maybe he thinks Vahn will be cocky, which most defintatly he will not.

Vahn, knowing what to do at this point in time, starts running fast. Very fast. He is suddenly running around the whole arena, and not stopping. There is no way the beam will hit. However, there is a chance Vahn will accidently run into the ray, but lets see what happens. Vahn comes close to the ray many times, but this is the closest. Although the ray doesnt hit, it certainlty taught Vahn not to be careless. Vahn is finally done with his running. He looks speedy and pumped up. Although, there is not much that a Hitmonchan can do to a Gastly, but we will see what happens.

Suddenly, multiple Gastlys nd Gengars and Haunters start coming on the field. The air turns foggy, atleast to Vahn. The air starts to be cold, although onyl Vahn fees this. The ghost (Gengars, Haunters, and Gastlys) start howling at the moon, like a coyote would. However, this howl is alot more scary. Even I can feel it. Vahn start to sit down, wishing that this would be over. He starts shivering, but then remember what his trainer had said. He shouldnt be doing this!

He slowly gets up, and the ghosts stop howling. When they see their prey up, they start howling again. But now it seems Vahn has closed his eyes and in concentrating. Suddenly, he looks right at the real gastly, and the illusions are gone. That worked pretty well, didnt it. Even so, there is more yet to come.

The gastly doesnt like that his trick was reaveled. He spits a big goop of toxin at Vahn. However, Vahn looks like he is gonna run, so he keeps it for a while. This might be a bad choice, but its Demi decision, and there is no way that the toxin will hit this way, because Vahn has open running space. I would choose what Demi just did,but whatever.

Vahn, following his trainer's commands, starts running, but not to the specified place yet. Demi sees this, and then Vahn starts running to a tree. behind it is the aim, actually. The glob of toxin coms out, but it hits the tree trunk and slides off. This is still posionous, and will be for the next round. Vahn is safe for now, and Demi is angry, but they both will have their times...

Post-Battle Status-

Demi (Male Gastly) [100% Health, 82% Energy, Angry]

Vahn (Male Hitmonchan) [100% Health, 90% Energy, Scared a bit]

Ok, there ya go!

P.S, tell me if i missed anything ;)

EDIT- missed somethin

Gengar's Shadow
25th June 2003, 10:56 AM
DQ is up...MindProbe, claim your prize...

Oddish17
25th June 2003, 02:51 PM
Congratulations Mindprobe. Enjoy your new pokemon or evolution.