PDA

View Full Version : Some of my quick scanned sketches... and requests? ^^

Bulbasaur4
20th June 2003, 12:57 PM
I was bored today...

Yesturday I happened to gain access to a scanner at my school. Sadly, all I had was a pencil and paper so I quickly sketched for about 10 minutes some ideas I wanted to jot down. I'm bored, so I thought, "hey, why not post crappy sketches for everyone to point at and wonder what I was on?"

lol! ^^ Just a bunch of misc stuff... feel free to comment or anything. I'll take a request or two too.

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/shweet/Nefieraa.jpg
Okay... that's not one of my sketches that I did. I drew that on an Oekaki. ^^;;; Had to put it in tho, it's the only one I actually saved due to it is a character of mine.

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/shweet/gyvien.jpg
I was trying a sort of MegaTokyo (www.megatokyo.com) styled drawing with the head, but she reminds me of an alien. Oh yeah, and the detailed hair I worked on didn't even pick up on the scanner. *kicks scanner* Dang thing.

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/shweet/myra.jpg
Did this a long time ago for my friend, Asilynne. It's her character, Myra, a vampire. Screwed up on the head, but I have a hard time drawing in pen because you can't erase-yah know? lol, but yeah... ^^;;

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/shweet/seiu.jpg
Alright, this is the first of my 10-minute-craze sketches. It's Seiu, a character I had in my mind but didn't really know how I wanted him to look. Again, a lot of the lines are faded or even didn't show because of the scanner which sux, but oh well... his face turned out okay, even though the lines are fuzzy again becuse of the scanner. I'm thinking of making Seiu have cut-off sleeves however, to show of fhis tattoo upon his arm. But yeah. That's Seiu.

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/shweet/simplebg.jpg
Alright, my second in my 10-minute-craze sketching furry. It's just crappy, simple chicken scratches of how I'm thinking of having the setting for my new RPG I am going to start soon. i like the lights along the road... of course, if I spent time on it it would turn out better but I just wanted to develope a basic understanding of what it would look like. Oh, and that strange,f uzzy creature below ? That's Weiku... sleeping. lol.

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/shweet/weiku.jpg
Okay, the third sketch in my 10-minute-craze sketching furry. IT's Weiku, who strangely resembles Inuyasha although in my first sketches of him here he doesn't look totally like Inu. Of course, now I've spent some time drawing him and he looks exactly like Inu now except for slight minor differences and developement in the hair. lol. ^^;; Agian, I am really bad at facial shapes and I screwed up on both views for Weiku here, but that's okay. I was in a hurry. ^^

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/shweet/weikualone.jpg
Okay, the LAST sketch in my furry of sketches! lol. It's Weiku again, but this time he's a little mad. I don't know who he is yelling at, but I find the pose faintly humorous. Crappy scanner didn't pick up all the lines, and the glove looks... weird. Oh well. ^^;; Hopefully I'll get better quality sketches/scans up later.

Comments are welcomed. ^^ I'd also like to know which is your favorite and why for future reference or any other comments. Thanx.

Bulbasaur4
20th June 2003, 04:10 PM
Crap! Forgot to go into the request thing. I'll do requests, but as you can see from my art above- I'm not the best drawer in the world, so if I screw up or it looks like crap- I'm sorry, but It ry.
Plus, all my requests WILL BE colored unless you do not wish them to be colored.
I can color with marker (Prismacolor) or colored pencil, but I'm at the beginning stages with the Marker. ^^

Some rules for requesting tho-

1.) NO POKEMON: I'm sorry, but I hate drawing most pokemon. The only pokemon I WILL draw are the Cat/Dog related pokemon. (Such as the Eevee and the evolutions.. as an example.) I'll draw Charmander and his evolutions, Mew, Legendary Birds and certain dragon pokemon. ^^ I'm not too familiar with the new pokemon, and I suck at drawing Machoke, Slowbro or stuff like that. ^^;;

2.) I WILL take human requests! ^^ I'm warning you tho, drawing guys will be a challenge for me.

3.) I WILL draw fan art for Manga/Anime! I'll do it for any of them, just make sure to supply a link or an attachment of a picture of who/what you'd like me to draw.

4.) I will draw animals, but they most likely will be cartoon-styled, unless I get very creative and try realism which I doubt it.

5.) Anything else that I may have missed, is up for grabs. Request or ask, but dont get mad if I don't wanna draw it. ^^;;;

Thanks! ^^ Oh, and if you request... please tell me if you'd like your picture outlined in pen or pencil please. ^^

Meowth_Kitten
20th June 2003, 05:32 PM
Great pictures! I really enjoyed looking at the Oekaki picture. It was just mind boggling. Even though there isn't a whole ton of color, you still really made this picture look colorful and cheerful, yet creepy at the same time. The detail and shading is all amazing. How do you do it??? ;) All of your pictures are great!

You're taking requests? Wow! You say you will draw animals. I have the perfect request for you. Could you possibly draw me a pair of Siberian husky dogs? These dogs are young in looks. They are only about a year of age. The male dog is solid white with a tail that doesn't really curl up over his back like many husky tails seen. He kind of just hold it up in the air with a slight curl towards the top. He has blue eyes. He's pretty simple. The female dog is a red and white colored husky. The markings follow that of the general apperence of the Siberian husky. Her face is white with a red colored fur mask while her upper body and upper tail is red. Her legs, paws, underbelly, and under tail are white. The red color of her fur is actually a bright copper color, more brown than anything. She has blue eyes. Unlike her partner, her fluffy tail is held in a graceful sickle up over her back.

These are real dogs that I know, Jake and Kieron. ^.^ Feel free to try whatever you really want with them, style and pose wise, just as long as they look cute together because they are a couple.

If you can draw this for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. If not, I completely understand. Thanks anyways!

Edit: Just saw something: Outlined in pen, please! :)

UmbreonCurse
20th June 2003, 06:09 PM
Can you please just gimmie a pic of Yami Yugi with a lil' golden cat on his shoulder?

Umbry Ashley
20th June 2003, 07:01 PM
okay...can u give me a picture of Misato (Neo Genesis Evangelion)with umbreon?thats a link with misato´s pictures,if u want...
http://purlace.net/eva/misato/misato-other.jpg

Icy
20th June 2003, 08:03 PM
Not a request, just here to comment on those beautiful pictures. :o That oekaki one owns. :\, I could never do coloring and detail like that on anything. It's just... O.O. Yah, um, I hope that the face explains it all. The sketches are, in general, sketches, but they're still pretty good. :\ I'm not too good at "rating" art because my art sucks and everything anyone else does I go *jawdrop* at. :\, so yah

Gengar's Shadow
21st June 2003, 10:38 AM
I love ur pictures! They are soo good. Anyway, my requeast is of Kenshin (Ruroni Kenshin, if u havent seen the show tell me), showing his X scar, and with his sword. No color please. Thnx!

Silver Ledian
21st June 2003, 02:23 PM
Hi,

Looks like this is a hobby of yours and you're very good at what you do, if I may say so before I start:

Nefieraa- I love this pic...I'm guessing it's made up? Anyways, the colours and shading are brilliant, the pose along with expression shown by face and claws is vivid and I just think the general shape of the character is class, 10/10 Originality :)

Gyvien- Hmmm....lol, does look like a bit of an alien but thats simple just due to the chin/jaw, that can easily be amended. However, the eyes/nose/mouth have all been done well and IMO they are even harder than the actual outer shape of the face. Only improvement is, as you say, the little triangular face ^_^' 8.5/10

Seiu- I'm not totally into the idea of anime characters with swords etc...it's just not my type of drawing but that's just preference-wise. For a 2 1/2 minute thing...I can't really saw this is bad, it's amazing for like the amount of time you spent on it! Very great! Could rearrange the hairstyle ^^; 8/10

Myra- I must say I love the hair in this one. It looks so realistic, like if you touched it it would just slide through your fingers. Again, there's no need to diss the way you do faces, it's excellent...my only improvement would be on the section of the face we can't see - it looks like she's wearing a patch rather than just us being unable to see the other side of her face, 9/10 however!

Chicken Scratches- Well, it's what you called it! IMO, the best chicken scratches I've seen in a long time! This is silly but my favourite feature is the gate - it's just like the centrepiece of the whole piece and the detail in it (I know, it's only a gate) is very good! I was amazed at this one ;-)

Weiku- I like the second one best since it shows more emotion but I love the cat in the first one, it's on the left hand side of the pic - loving that! Plus I love the way you have them kind of blurring into one another! 10/10

---

Overall- Me droning on is probably not what you want but it's really all good! For doing those 4 in 10minutes you have to be complimented and I think you've got a lot of talent. I enjoyed studying your work ^_^ And my favourite? Probably the one with the gate and your first one, they're pure artisticness. BTW, keep experimenting with shapes of faces, you've almost gotten it ;)