PDA

View Full Version : This Machoke... a mother?

Wild Female Machoke
22nd June 2003, 06:58 PM
AWW!! Isn't this sweet? I don't like to portray Fighting-type Pokémon as brainless, but rather loving and caring. (This may sound crazy, but I actually think that female Machokes have tails. Males don't; theirs disappear after evolution. :D )

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this pic is actually based on a sketch that came out of nowhere. In fact, I fell in love with it instantly. I loved it a little too much. XD

Oh, that Kodak moment.

http://www.CammyFan.com/Lowena/babies/ko-baby.jpg

Man, if I only had a scanner, I would show you more of my touchy-feely Pokémon sketches.

Lightning
22nd June 2003, 07:20 PM
Oh.. that is adorable. +_+;; I didn't quite know what to expect when I entered the topic, to tell you the truth. ^_^;;

Anyway, as stated above, that picture is just... the essence of cuteness. XD I didn't think a Machop could be so small and cute. (Are you getting sick of the word "cute" yet? XD) Anyway, everything looks perfect on the picture. The proportions all look fine, and I love the way you've portrayed the female Machoke. Lol, she looks so happy.... +_+ *huggles picture* Also, I love how you colour. ^_^ Your ability to shade is amazing. You did a really, really great job on this picture. =3 Nice work!!

Bai,
Lightning

The Muffin Man
22nd June 2003, 07:24 PM
Hmm. It looks good...

but as a Machoke?

It's arms are too thin. Just as well, you'd have the baby covering it if it DID have muscle :\ You seem to be afraid to draw muscle...I give it an 8/10. 6/10 for a Machoke.

Swinubman53
22nd June 2003, 07:35 PM
awww. that is a beutiful picture. The art is wonderfully edged and clear, and all proportions are in place.

If I were to rate this picture (you don't have to listen to me though) I would give it a 9/10.

*looks at picture some more* Truly a work of art...

Umbry Ashley
22nd June 2003, 07:36 PM
It's cool the idea of female machokes with tails ^__^ and..I think she´s not afraid to drawing muscle,she draws muscle (look at her art page)..but I think a female machoke shouldn´t have muscles like the males...

Powarun
22nd June 2003, 10:40 PM
That is a nice picture, just what about Machamps? The eyes you draw on your pictures are awsome, something I envy you about, and do you draw Mackokes because they are most like humans? THe tail is okay, it seems liek a reptile tail with skin instead of scales

Kari and Mewtwo
22nd June 2003, 11:17 PM
Nice, especially the way you did the machoke (she kinda looks hot, imo. I guess that machop is my son. j/k)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd June 2003, 01:57 AM
Now is that an adorable picture? Really charming!

I think adding a tail to the Machoke makes it look even better. It's quite lizardish tail but very fitting in my opinion, all Machoke should have one. Muffin Man is right about the arms, the should be a bit bigger and stronger but maybe female Machoke don't have that much muscle mass as the males.

Great picture with nice shading and many details. Great work! 9.7/10 :)

Marl
23rd June 2003, 04:19 AM
That is so cute! Wow! You're a very talented artist! :) I'd give this pic 10/10 if I was rating it or something, lol... it's great. Anyways, later. :)

Wild Female Machoke
23rd June 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Powarun
That is a nice picture, just what about Machamps? The eyes you draw on your pictures are awsome, something I envy you about, and do you draw Mackokes because they are most like humans?

Well, I am not scared of drawing any humanshape Pokémon (even the most hated Mr. Mime and Jynx.) *blush* To tell you the truth, I like to draw Fighting-type Pokémon. (Street Fighter! HOA!!) As for Machamps, yep the females will also have tails as well. :D

Misty
23rd June 2003, 07:50 PM
interesting concept.

btw, 3/4ths of Machop/Machoke in RS are female, heh.

Katie
23rd June 2003, 08:10 PM
absolutely adorable! that's a really cute idea, mom and baby. I can't stop staring at the machop, it has such a cute face! the big eyes, happy mouth, you can just hear its ...baby sounds ^_^;; I like how the things on its head (what are those, anyway?) are just starting to poke out, even more cute stuff! stop making it cute! o.o;; onward, to the mom: she's cool, I kinda agree that she needs a little more muscle to qualify as a machoke, but I don't know how that works with females.. her mouth kinda bothers me too, I don't know why.. maybe it's the placing? *shrug* oh well, keep up the awesome work!

~Katie

Meowth_Kitten
23rd June 2003, 09:00 PM
Oooh, its excellent! The thing that amazes me most is what just about everyone else has commented on; the coloring, shading, and the eyes. Everything is so perfect. There is not one shadow of shading out of place and there is not one wrong color! Excellent! The little baby Machop is just too cute. I love how you made its nose kind of big and... outward? Its just so baby-ish and cute! I also really like how you made the Machoke look so woman-ish and feminine[sp?]. Everything looks so great. Keep up the great work!

Iveechan
24th June 2003, 01:38 AM
Ah ha! I finally get to see the fabled Machoke mother! Yes, the tail really does make a huge difference in Machoke (I think if they retained the tails in the game, people would like them better... ah well, part of the reason I made up Hitmonarch). If it were me though, I woulda made the baby not wrapped in anything, just there. But that's just me ;)