PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell

PIO
24th June 2003, 11:10 PM
Anyone here played Splinter Cell? This game is very unique and I liked it immediately :yes: . I just beat the demo and plan on buying it soon.

tron
25th June 2003, 12:19 AM
I bought the game last November. It's a fun game, very fun I'd say. But my only problem with the game is that it was super hard, I never did complete it because I got stuck on the 6th level.

I'd suggest it, but only if you don't mind doing the some scenarios like 10 times before you actually complete it

Duo_Washu_III
25th June 2003, 01:17 AM
yeah, my friend timmy rented it. he was going mad over it. it was CRAZY! he'd sneak up on people. i think that the CIA was the hardest. SHEESH! NOT...KILL....SOMEONE? IMPOSSIBLE! timmy NEVER wants to do that again.

PIO
25th June 2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by tron
I bought the game last November. It's a fun game, very fun I'd say. But my only problem with the game is that it was super hard, I never did complete it because I got stuck on the 6th level.

I'd suggest it, but only if you don't mind doing the some scenarios like 10 times before you actually complete it

I save and load XD.

tron
25th June 2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by PIO
I save and load XD.

Just wait, when you get to the CIA level you'll know what I'm talking about!

Duo_Washu_III
26th June 2003, 11:56 AM
last night (& today they'll review it) X-play reviewed splinter cell for the GBA. they thought that it wasn't going to be so good, but they accutally LIKED IT.:o

Mewfour
26th June 2003, 10:57 PM
Eh, Splinter Cell wasn't that great. It was a good game, but way short of what it was hyped to be. I think I'll stick with Metal Gear.

shazza
27th June 2003, 07:52 AM
Yeah I got Splinter Cell awhile back, and I don't regret it. Completed it on both Normal and Hard, and I was very proud of myself when I did.

Ultarius
27th June 2003, 05:12 PM
I've played it for the XBox at a cousin's house. It was only the training mission thing, but it looked pretty cool. I liked the part where you could sneak up behind them, and have your gun at point-blank range.

woz
28th June 2003, 08:57 AM
yeah, i got it for xbox...really fun game, but at points, as everyone has said, it can make me want to tear my hair out..

Jay
29th June 2003, 03:28 AM
On which console?

I've played it on the gamecube recently, and, well, I dunno really. It's a pretty frustrating game, which doesn't make it bad, it's the graphics. They absolutely suck to death.

I've heard it is way better on the Xbox. I may give it a try whenever i'm going to rent something next time

Duo_Washu_III
29th June 2003, 03:58 AM
thermal goggles are good. but it never works like they should. you should be able to see peeps behind walls. yeargh! darn thing won't work!

crazybone
7th July 2003, 08:48 PM
Eh, I heard it was good, and I plan to get either it or Enter The Matrix this weekend. Anyone have any opinions? :confused:

PNT510
8th July 2003, 04:29 AM
Splinter Cell is a much better game than Enter the Matrix IMO. Although if you really liked Max Payne, maybe you should pick up matrix.

Crazy
8th July 2003, 09:49 AM
Just wait, when you get to the CIA level you'll know what I'm talking about!

I have it and I can't beat the 6th lvl!! I am playing on hard so it's no wonder.Just wait till you get to the 6th lvl.Oh yeah and I have it on my computer it si the best version.Beats all consols.

tron
8th July 2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Crazy
I have it and I can't beat the 6th lvl!! I am playing on hard so it's no wonder.Just wait till you get to the 6th lvl.Oh yeah and I have it on my computer it si the best version.Beats all consols.

Yeah, the 6th level is hard too. I got about half way through the level and quit, it's just too hard for me :\

Originally posted by crazybone
Eh, I heard it was good, and I plan to get either it or Enter The Matrix this weekend. Anyone have any opinions? :confused:

If you want run and gun, go with Enter The Matrix. If you want stealth, go with Splinter Cell.

Duo_Washu_III
8th July 2003, 03:52 PM
you want run and gun, go with Enter The Matrix. If you want stealth, go with Splinter Cell.

even though some of enter the maririx does require stealth at times. now, if you put splinter cell and enter the matrix together, it would be chaotic. GAK!

Thy
8th July 2003, 10:57 PM
My brother rented Matrix and SC for Gamecube. I never played SC. He said it was hard. Never played it much so he didn't get far. Then he got the Matrix. I played it. Not worth the 6 bucks I payed to rent the thing. The levels were bland at times. The Matrix moves got old as well as kicking peopel up 20 feet with out your little magic meter or whatever going on. The marble brakes when you shoot it. Who cares!?! The new game of the century my ***. Bland and borring. Splinter Cell is better. :yes:

Bronzie
15th July 2003, 11:37 PM
Splinter Cell is a much better game than Enter the Matrix

True, but ETM's fighting owns Splinter Cells. All you need for 'Enter The Matrix' is to sit in a room with a bunch of guards and fight - that is awesome looking. But with the other inclusions in the game, it got bad.

But still, Splinter Cell sucked hard. All the hype made me think it would be a good game and when I played it only the visuals were good - gameplay was bad IMO. Still, I don't regret buying it, adds a different pace to my normal games so I pop it in my PS2 occasionally.