PDA

View Full Version : Tourneys anyone?

dratinihaunter13
24th June 2003, 11:47 PM
What are some of the gaming tournaments any of you have been a part of, and were they fun?! it could be anything from something official to a decent sized get together at a friend's house. plus, any upcoming games that just scream "tourney me!"?

i've been a part of a fifa soccer tournament of 32 people, but that never really took off. I've been part of a few Smash Bros. tournaments on the 64 and gc. needless to say, they were extremely fun and i had a blast. having one this thursday 16-man which should be great. lots of talent, lol. and i've also been in a knockout kings tournament which was fun even though i sucked. and of course pokemon simulator tourneys back in my pbs rby days, lol.

as for upcoming tourney games, double dash ownz.

tron
25th June 2003, 05:58 AM
I mostly remember my old RBY PBS days. Taking part in board tournaments with teams from TPM, Azure, Gamefaqs, and PokeDaily. Those were pretty fun, although I was usually out within 2 rounds :\

Jay
29th June 2003, 03:38 AM
The last tournament that I participated in was at my house at my birthday bash. It was a Super Smash Bros. Melee tourney, and well, I won. It wasn't my idea, as it never is

Why? Usually the little kids cry if they lose and the older kids just crack a massive fit; it's no fun, as much as we try to ;\

Thy
29th June 2003, 09:13 AM
I had a SSB tournament at Thanksgiving. All the relatives were there. The onlder kids acted like they knew everything and the younger kids acted like they were winning the whole time after they had jumped off the side 100 times and still think they are in.;o Then there was an 8-year old who almost stole my Gamecube after we told him that he had lost. He didn't get far after he tripped on the treadmill. Luckily the GC landed on the sofa next to it. Unfortunatly, we had to hear the baby whine for 2 hours straight. Then the older kids all selected Ness and did every move that had PK in it, while someone was turning the volume to full blast. Hearing "PK this PK that" on full blast is not fun at all.