PDA

View Full Version : Altering The One CC Rule And Return Of The Pokemon Avengers (Poll)

Quicksilver62160
25th June 2003, 05:28 PM
Hey, I know I said I left TPM, but things have changed, including my mind, and I've decided to attempt a return to the forums. Along with my return I'm thinking of bringing back the original Capture Center, Pokemon Avengers.

Many of you might remember the Avengers, if you don't here's a slight history.

I started Pokemon Avengers in 2001 with Ampharos17 as a co-owner. At the time there was the Safari Zone, Mount Moon, and other such places but PA stood out. As the others failed PA continued to thrive. Slowly it became larger and better developed until it was inducted as an Adoption Center. The fourth center. I knew it didn't fit though, and when I became Mod here I created the first ever Capture Center category. Soon after I allowed other CC's to be built, but they failed miserably leaving Pokemon Avengers alone.

Finally some things happened and I left the forums and CCC was opened to "replace" the original. So now that I return I am not seeking to destroy CCC, or have it shut down, but call it a brother of Pokemon Avengers in a way.

For those of you who want to know more I'll tell you. Pokemon Avengers was the first official place where you could "Capture" a pokemon and keep it as an adoptie. It was outragous at first, people were against it but it slowly grew thanks to my hard efforts put into it. Finally I hired TML to help and she's still a faithful employee to this day.

Pokemon Avengers takes you on a tour of a world filled with Pokemon, with over thirty different places to explore on all seven continents. Each place has a certain percentage on how likely you are to find a pokemon there, and we even have special zones.

The Moon and Atlantis each have 13 or so and each of these have 100% of the each pokemon type (some of the less common are merged, like Ice and Dragon, Ghost and Dark). The walkthrough for it is amazing too, it's a vibrant world filled with amazing things, and spectacular forms of transportation.

Also, there is a huge storyline to the Avengers. We were originally created to combate the poachers who were wiping out the Pokemon of the world. Our original name was Pokemon Avegers: Race Against Extinction. But so much evil has risen in the Avenger world that it has become hard to deal with. Mortiegama is the newest most powerful evil to ever face the World, so as an Avenger it is your sole responsibility to combat him and his evil minions, save the remaining pokemon of the World, and follow the Avenger code.

So, here is the actual poll:

1) Do you think there should be two Capture Centers allowed in PCG?

2) Would you like to see Pokemon Avengers as the second center?

Note: I have support from Missing Link and Nala98, I need to talk to Lady Vulpix further about this. And I'm hoping that Pokemaster Frank, our most faithful Avenger, will also support our return.

Thanks for voting, and make it an Avenger vote!

Knight of Time
25th June 2003, 05:35 PM
Nice poll QS62160.

I understand how much you want PA to return, too.

As for the polls:

1. Yeah, I wish that the PACC could return. Not that I want to offend Matt, Frank, Pokemaster Jay or Jay, but doesn't anyone think two would be better than one?

2. Yeah, although I won't be able to capture anymore Pokemon there. I've already reached my limit of 30 adopted and captured Pokemon.

Sheik
25th June 2003, 06:01 PM
Sure, lets get it back. BTW, DPDK, I don't work at the CCCC.

QS, you might want to put a Poll: tag, or this might be closed.

1. I guess there could be another Capture Center, since there are two Adoption Centers.

2. I would like to see the Avengers put back up. Putting pokemon in real places across the world sounds neat, and I think it would make a good game. Sure, bring it back.

The_Missing_Link
25th June 2003, 06:09 PM
Jay, Quick has a poll tag at the end of his title. That's his style when he makes polls

1) Sure. We have to modify a few of the rules but we can definitely work it out

2) Yup. I hate going over to BMG to ref. This is more convenient, since I am a PCG mod and all *tries to look cool but fails* ;-;

pokemasterfrank
25th June 2003, 09:05 PM
1. Yeah. We have two adoption centers, why not two capture centers? Besides, supposedly, there is supposed to be three adoption centers, but there isn't one, so there is a slot to fill :o.

2. Of course. Avenger's was here when I came to TPM. :o I followed it to BMG, but its kinda hard to remember to post regularly when its at BMG :/. Plus its kinda slow over there. Not many people post :/.

Sir Chris
26th June 2003, 02:48 AM
Well, since I was practically dragged into this topic *glares at QS*

I might we well vote my honest opinion =\

1. variety is never a bad thing, unless the variet y inself is horrible, that neing said, if someone were to come along with a mod approved variet, then it would most certainly be good. let us remember boys and girls, choices benefit only the people who make them.

2. I know Quickie, and if he wants to do this, he can make it great and enjoyable. So ya, I will like to see this up when I am actually into to this adoption and caputring stuff. Quickie should be the one to do it, he is a former mod and hell, its been aroun before, so its already established

~ Chris

Jay
26th June 2003, 04:49 AM
One word QS

No.

Gligar_Man
26th June 2003, 11:38 AM
my 2 most promissing tutoree students started a gamey thing together, awwww... so in a sence i own this! j/k... anywhos, i might be able to convince a17 to browse the boards again also...

and i say if it goes by the rules and whatnot why not give it another try?

Dark Dragonite
26th June 2003, 08:39 PM
I don't think I would mind a second CC as long as they were getting along, and as for a 3rd AC, Pocket Monster's Breeding Center was the 3rd AC in my opinion, even though you can breed CC guys there as well.

Aipom Of Doom
26th June 2003, 08:53 PM
Welcome back to TPM, Quick =). Yet another example of how no one can leave for long <_<.

Anyway, I suppose that having the Avengers back would work, as long as everyone got along about the stuff and such, and there's no trying to drive other places out of buisness so to speak. PA did pretty much define the history of CCs, so it would be appropriate for it to return...

The only problem would be lack of popularity of these topics =/. If only we could find some way to attract more people to Adopted/Captured pokemon everything would be great.

Quicksilver62160
26th June 2003, 11:41 PM
I'm sure that Pokemon Avengers and Crystal Caves would work fine together, PA has always been user friendly. Echo Seekers, Galatic Pokerebels, they were previously built CC's, approved by myself, yet failed miserably. I do not see why PA would not be able to get along with CC though. Just things would have to be discussed.

As for attracting more people the only way I could see to possibly bring in more people would be to raise the Adoption/Capture limit to 20 or so. Five more pokes would mean that people could actually hold more in their team and I don't see why it would be so horrible.

Otherwise a possible branch to IRC, I'm working on Avenger Bots that will literally take you throug the Avenger World on command via IRC... kinda like the GSBot.

Avian Freeze
26th June 2003, 11:55 PM
I think that PA and CC would get along fine, but the only problem is that they'll have competition, and one might die out :\ as did the previous Capture Centers. But I don't see why PA couldn't come back. However, I think we should still keep CCPs as the currency or keep one main currency, cause we don't want Stamps, CCPs, AND APs.

About the raising to 20 Pokemon each. :no:, 40 Pokemon would be way too hard to take care of. 30's a good limit already. I don't know how you would attract more players to Adopted and Captured Centers though :\.

Jay
27th June 2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver62160

As for attracting more people the only way I could see to possibly bring in more people would be to raise the Adoption/Capture limit to 20 or so.

And that's why I said no. That is out of the question; As Tyler said, it is way too hard to take care of 35 pokémon if you have reached the quota of AP and CP

Your topic will bring Crystal Caves to closure in decreased inactivity, as well as yours. Then how many capture centers will there be?

ZERO

You decided to move to BMGf, so stay there

Katie
27th June 2003, 12:48 AM
1. sure, why not? .-. tpm's a big place =o there's room for all ^_^
2. yeah, it's a familiar 'face' in pcg to me, it deserves to live again =D

~Katie

Quicksilver62160
29th June 2003, 01:57 PM
Anyone else interested in voting before the final decision is made?

Pichu
29th June 2003, 07:53 PM
1) Err... I don't care.

2) Probably not, cuz I get confused when things get complicated. Its already complicated already!

Therefore, I second Jay's opinion... :)

Interpol HQ
29th June 2003, 08:19 PM
If we did make another CC it would have to be diffrent from CCCC, and not just in name. The players would need to do somthing other than run into them and catch them (no offense to CCCC, i like it a lot) but maybe take a quiz and be partnerd up with a pokemon and then go to the CCCC or one of the battle ranges. If there were two CC that were basically the same i doubt people would want to go to the new one on the grounds that CC has no real problems with it.

On the subject of bringing back PA just as it was, im gonna vote no.

Lady Vulpix
30th June 2003, 07:01 AM
This subject is complicated and I don't have time right now, but I'll think about it and discuss it with the other mods when I can. It will be nice to see what everyone thinks. It can help me make up my mind, since for now I see as many reasons to say yes as reasons to say no.

Jay
30th June 2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Lady Vulpix
This subject is complicated and I don't have time right now, but I'll think about it and discuss it with the other mods when I can. It will be nice to see what everyone thinks. It can help me make up my mind, since for now I see as many reasons to say yes as reasons to say no.

Damn. That means I have to get on AIM :(

To add on to Himo, PCG has become a more differentive and semi-versitile environment since you left, QS. There'll need to be a new systematic way to set it up because it's going to become too much like the Crystal Caves.

If for some reason the vote passes, then I'm going to absolutely disapprove the idea of you posting it right away. What about others who wanted to post Capture Center's or similarities to it? Last time the thread to post exterior ideas about a new capture center was a big flunk as Matt was the only one to give a suggestion, but it's been a big success and it was a long time ago. People who did not get a chance may be able to post in the application tower.

All together, it'll get too complicated, as what Cyndaquil said.

Sir Chris
30th June 2003, 07:47 AM
Well, I could help ya QS, is this gets passed, I aint good at handling stuff, but I am good at setting stuff up and making it different from CCCC completely, no offense to cccc, but I have no life thus I could think about this subject for days at a time, and come up with the most ingenius plans ever, KEKEKKEKE, er anyway, lets see if this is actually going to pass a vote of somesort =x!

~ Chris

Quicksilver62160
30th June 2003, 02:41 PM
PA was the original Capture Center so you don't have to worry about it being the same as CCCC. No other CC will ever match what PA was. But there are differences in storyline too, and how everything is actually done. PA has a much more advanced system (we are over 2 years old), and an amazing storyline behind it.

I've written an entire myth on the main character Steve, or Isilbane as he was called over a millenium ago and how he went from a baby to leader of the Avengers. Then it spances the great war where Dragon Tamers and Pokemon Avengers teamed together to take on the wrath of Resomegnis and Archimonde (or Sauron depending on the version). And the final battle between them.

Right now there is an ever stronger story line, where the Avengers have allied with their long time adversaries the Poachers, who originally were the bad guys and were killing off pokemon. That's how we started, Countdown to Extinction, the Avengers were there to prevent the extinction of pokemon by the hands of the Poachers. Now the Avengers are in their darkest chapter, against an enemy stronger then any they've faced before. Here's the prolouge for it:

"In an age where magic has been replaced by technology, when a world at war has become a united nation of peace, prosperity reigns above all. Just as quickly as Resomegnis was destroyed by Isilfor however, was a new evil realized in the world, a greater evil in the world... one more powerful then Resomegnis could ever fathom. Can you feel it? The quickening of your pulse? The rapid beating of you heart? The sweat pouring off your face... he's coming, and this time evil is holding nothing back! In the epic final story of the great Avenger saga, the last chapter before the finale arises an evil so powerful has come that it could wipe out the entire planet. This evil has a name, Mortiegama... the death brining king, but there is more to him that a name... his true identity will be the biggest twist the Avenger's have ever seen. Bigger then the day Steve revealed himself to be the over a millenium old hero named Isilbane, bigger then the discovery of Grifor the Griffin Beast, and bigger then the cataclismic fusion of Isilbane and Grifor to form Isilfor. This is a secret that will tear the Avengers apart, everythign that they once stood for, everything that they fought for, all of it will be a lie. The time is coming when an oppressed world must rise from the tides of defeat, and a legendary hero must take the next step to greatnes.......... welcome to the Avenger Games.... The Wrath of Mortiegama..... he's coming."

But Mortiegama isn't alone. Along with him he has several minions:

Group: Shadow Stalkers:

Shadow Wraith- Most powerful, cloaked in black

Phaetarius or Phaeton Messuarius (Electric Death-Reaper)- Second most powerful, cloaked in orangish-yellow

Volcanus (Magma Wraith)- Third most powerful, cloaked in red

Vipereus Furia (Dragon's Spirit)- Fourth most powerful, cloaked in bluish-white

Terra Phasma (Earth Phantom)- Fifth most powerful, cloaked in greenish-brown

Aqua Spiritus (Water Spirit)- Sixth most powerful, cloaked in blue

Herbaticus Ungo (Grass Poisoner)- Seventh most powerful, cloaked in dark green

The creatures listed above are the interactive part of the Avenger storyline. While you try to capture pokes, you will run into these guys, and it gets pretty intense. You will have help, and situations where you'll get past them, but they're scary. Well, I think I've proven my point on how PA is much different from CCCC.

As for the confusing part, 2 AC's isn't confusing, why would 2 CC's be?

Aipom Of Doom
30th June 2003, 03:00 PM
Why is everyone saying how different PA and the CC have to be? The DT and Pokezoo adoption centers are similar in just about every way, and are much closer than PA and CC will ever be... why does everyone make such a big deal out of how different the capture centers have to be? And aside from the capture center topics, the subtopics from CC and PA are very different (though we would need to merge them; two battle ranges and two stores for CC pokemon would be too much.)

Anyway, wherever the idea of 20 captured Pokemon came from, I'll have to say absolutely not for that. AC has done well with a 15-Pokemon limit for a long time, even when there were up to four adoption centers at once. Increasing the 15-pokemon limit in general for either Adoption Centers or Capture Centers is a bad idea.

pokemasterfrank
30th June 2003, 03:25 PM
I can see a few things that make PA and CCCC quite different. Sure, they both capture Pokemon (but Pokezoo and DT both allow you adopt Pokemon in the same system).

1. CCCC allows you to use Pokemon to capture other Pokemon. PA has that no damaging moves, but trapping/status effect moves are allowed.

2. Well...I guess only one reason ^_^;;

*walks off*

Dark Dragonite
30th June 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Aipom Of Doom
Why is everyone saying how different PA and the CC have to be? The DT and Pokezoo adoption centers are similar in just about every way, and are much closer than PA and CC will ever be... why does everyone make such a big deal out of how different the capture centers have to be? And aside from the capture center topics, the subtopics from CC and PA are very different (though we would need to merge them; two battle ranges and two stores for CC pokemon would be too much.)

Anyway, wherever the idea of 20 captured Pokemon came from, I'll have to say absolutely not for that. AC has done well with a 15-Pokemon limit for a long time, even when there were up to four adoption centers at once. Increasing the 15-pokemon limit in general for either Adoption Centers or Capture Centers is a bad idea.

To the first part, this is a similar problem we face as humans, this is also how wars start, we can't seem to get along...

To the Second, I agree to that 20 may be pushig it, but also, 15 means a lot of abandoning, and at some point, very little activity to CC and AC places. Maybe find middle ground at 16-18??

Aipom Of Doom
30th June 2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
To the Second, I agree to that 20 may be pushig it, but also, 15 means a lot of abandoning, and at some point, very little activity to CC and AC places. Maybe find middle ground at 16-18??

Nah, I think 15 is good, and actually it would probably be better with fewer (10 or so... but that won't happen since too many people already have 15 and aren't going to give up any). There just isn't enough opportunity to do stuff with your Pokemon. Scenarios at the battle range are staying active way too long; it's getting to be that new scenerios come around once a month, and therefore it would take 8 months (!) to have each of your 15 Pokemon battle once. The stuff is just too slow-paced for having any more (and for the current amount of Pokemon we have now at that).

As for 15 being a lot of abandoning, that's brought on only by people who can't be a bit patient and wait for what they really want and instead get and release Pokemon like its nothing... And yes, when people reach 15 the AC and CC places will lose thier buisness. But that will happen whatever the limit is; people will always end up filling up thier teams, releasing pokemon left and right, etc.

[/end off-topic rant] <_<. Anyway, I guess the only real idea I got across with that is that new Battle Range scenarios should be posted more often. Even if it means that not everyone can post for every scenario. I'd think that posting a new one every 3 weeks would be a start...

Jay
30th June 2003, 07:11 PM

The intelligible enigma many don't seem to realize is that a lot of people have filled up their limit of 15 maximum captees, or very close to. In order to be able to capture at the Pokémon Avengers C. C. would mean excessive abandoning of creatures you once majestically caught; and most likely without a rationale. Raising the quota would be perplexed enough, as it will be for both centers.

Another big problem is the currency. Do you all know what CCP means? It is solely directed to the Crystal Caves. Of course I can see QS debating over reviving the Avenger Points (APs), but three currencies is too laborious to regulate.

In order for this to be a flourishing enterprise, Avengers needs an exhaustively new game plan than what they momentarily have to propose or cooperate very keenly with the Crystal Caves, which I cannot see being systematic.

As for the confusing part, 2 AC's isn't confusing, why would 2 CC's be?

You appear to be inadequate to ascertain my notion clear enough; there isn’t anything radically faithless or complicated with maintaining an additional capture center at PCG, it’s the complexes that will later arise with both of them. It will produce friction with every known possible reason to be to go wrong that you are clearly yet to see.

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 07:24 PM
Actually, I don't see why not PA and CC wouldn't cooperate. As in the past, other capture centers were in competition against Avengers and friction had never arised although the other CC's never lasted long enough to produce actual friction ^^;

I admit, this could be complicated to work out but I'm game for it, as is QS and the majority of the people who replied to this poll. The currency shouldn't be a big deal. There can be an agreement on one type of currency. As for the 15 CP rule, I don't think we should change the amount you can have but we can figure something out

Aipom Of Doom
30th June 2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Another big problem is the currency. Do you all know what CCP means? It is solely directed to the Crystal Caves. Of course I can see QS debating over reviving the Avenger Points (APs), but three currencies is too laborious to.

I thought they were Capture Center Points?

From Gabi in the Capture Center contest
The winner will also be able to choose co-workers and give out CC Points (Avenger Points will be changed into more general CC points -after discussing the amounts and ways of giving them out with a PCG mod-, since they are now given out and used outside of Pokemon Avengers; of course, everyone can keep and use the ones they already have).

Jay
30th June 2003, 07:56 PM
I thought they were Capture Center Points?

Knowing QS he will want to get APs implemented back as much as possible.

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Knowing QS he will want to get APs implemented back as much as possible.

I believe I know QS better and know that he wouldn't screw around with an accomodating rule like that --;

Jay
30th June 2003, 08:11 PM
Oh? Did you expect him to barge in here at a random time thinking he could do whatever? I don't think so

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 08:19 PM
Barge in whenever? He asked Gabi if he could post PA but he misunderstood her about something (I forgot what) and posted things prematurely. Of course you have to understand that he hasn't been at PCG in a couple of months and didn't know things had changed. I informed him of things though so he's being reasonable about it

And I don't see why you're making things difficult. When other capture centers were out, we were apprehensive about competition but didn't make a big deal about it. We kept doing what we were doing and we persevered through it to remain dominant. Now, I see why you can be a bit miffed about this but definitely not hostile. I mean, you're not even working with us on trying to make it work out

Jay
30th June 2003, 08:41 PM
Check throughout the posts he has made. I can see much confidence and 100% certainty that this will be approved here at PCG; almost like he is ready to post it. T_M_L, that is not how things work around here. We happen to do something called 'thinking ahead'. I must admit, it sounded a nice idea to me at first, but I saw the problems coming and I think it will be a bad idea.

Unfortunately (?) I am yet to see a reason why it should be posted. Everyone who approved the idea is just saying it would be a nice idea because two capture centers sounds 'cool'. Well, new games sound 'cool' too, but not all of them can be approved either.

In a nut shell, i'm basically pointing out the problems that will arise; I'm certainly not making things overly hostile, as much as you may think.

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 08:54 PM
Actually, he's not overconfident. I was the overconfident one and told him at BMG that we should tell the customers that we would be moving back to TPM but he said he's not sure if this would be approved or not. Mistake on my part but I didn't know until I saw why it could be disapproved

As for the reasons why, there weren't any real reasons as to why other CC's were made when PA was the main CC but they were allowed to be made. The reason PA should be back, it's an old CC that had many customers that would like to see it back. It was and will always be a mainstay in which QS and I want people to enjoy and I know they will

And yes, you spelled unfortunately right. And call me Rebecca or TML in the future. I hate T_M_L. Too tedious to type out :\

Interpol HQ
30th June 2003, 09:02 PM
So who has the final say whether or not it gets re-opened?

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 09:04 PM
The mods and I think the owners of Crystal Caves, which is Link 10 and pokemasterfrank. Of course QS and possibly the workers of CC will have input as well

Sir Chris
30th June 2003, 09:11 PM
Ya know ^_^;, I don't want to sound a bit silly and all, but maybe the other CC and people with them don't want PA back :X! I mean, it was so dominating in the past, that would mess up their whole little world and such, could just be me though...afraid of the big dog coming back and taking its yard back, prolly not it, but I thought I would add that.

also, making a forum coplicated it ok, we arent all idiots who cant figure things out :O

~ Chris

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 09:17 PM
Of course competition plays a part in this sort of thing. I don't know if the Crystal Caves people feel that way but I certainly felt competitive when other CC's were made. Competition can play a big part. Can we beat the veteran CC by doing as well as them? The decision could be affected by that

I'm not acting as head here but if this does get approved, we'd appreciate the customer's input on how this could be run smoother

Dark Dragonite
30th June 2003, 09:22 PM
I've always thought that PA's biggest rival always was, and always will be Dragon tamers. I have my reasons, and I don't recall PA ever doing anything to push out a fellow CC, they died on their own.

Aipom Of Doom
30th June 2003, 09:34 PM
For whoever's wondering how the Crystal Caves owners/workers feel about it, by my quick count we have one for (Frank) two against (Jay and Matt) and one neutral (me). So the opinion from us is pretty much split =/.

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 09:38 PM
I've always thought that PA's biggest rival always was, and always will be Dragon tamers. I have my reasons, and I don't recall PA ever doing anything to push out a fellow CC, they died on their own.

Man, I'm replying like crazy O_o

I don't think DT was ever a rival of PA. It's more of a counterpart as Dragon Tamers deal with adopted Pokemon and we deal with Captured Pokemon. And you're right, we never did anything to push the other CC's out, they died on their own due to lack of customers although I do admit I was nervous that they would be more popular than us

Interpol HQ
30th June 2003, 09:45 PM
Personaly I think we should give Pa a test run and see how everything works out. I mean what could it hurt, there probably will be conflict but not all of it might be bad. Going with what TML said, competition is usually good for the customer.

Quicksilver62160
1st July 2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by The_Missing_Link
I believe I know QS better and know that he wouldn't screw around with an accomodating rule like that --;

She does know me pretty well. :yes: There are much bigger things that need to be worried about the CCPs vs APs. Though I would like to reinstate the previous APs, which again was a creation of my own to further CCdom, I see no reason why CCPs should disappear... just a name altering. Ironically enough, CC doubles nicely as Capture Center Points. I think we can both agree on the idea that if PA were to return Capture Center points would solve a plethera of problems opposed to Avenger Pts and Crystal Cave Pts. Heck, we could even cut out a lot of problems and call them Points, Stamps and Points... sounds good if you don't like Capture Center before it.

As DarkDragonite pointed out, Pokemon Avengers has never acted hostiliy towards any other official Capture Center. Granted in the beginning I had to crush some other place similar to us (ie: Safari Zone), that was a different time, when PCG was unruly, and it was crush or be crushed. I actually enforced ideas on bringing in a second Capture Center a year ago, I wanted to see another one, I actually helped to create the first, Galaxion PokeRebels... how was I to know it would be such a huge flop? Then there was Echo Seekers... well, I had no choice but to close them down, I gave them an ultamatum, get a certain amount of posts in a week or be closed. I always stick by my convictions and what I say so when it came to count time I was disappointed when they didn't pass the bar. As for Dragon Tamers and Pokemon Avenger relations, well, there was a time when I sought to beat them out too, LV can tell you about that, but again that was at the start of the PCG era of AC, pre-PA's official nature. Since then we've been extremely cooperative, did an entire scenario series together, and tried to work out a Tournament. It's been over a year and a half since PA has tried to crush another Center in PCG.

As for you Jay, you seem to talk big about how I'm planning on doing this, and trying to enforce that, changing this little thing, and trying in essence to destroy the Crystal Caves. Oddly enough though, it seems to be you who is being the antagonist. All of the friction that is visible to me that would prevent CC cooperation is coming directly from you. I mean, if PA does return I do have ideas on what should be changed, what needs to be discussed... but I've been doing CC's for two years, I created the genre, I think I know a little more on how to operate them. And I can't be 100% sure on something, more like 99.9% :rolleyes: , I'm confident that it will be a fair decision, based upon not only views of Crystal Caves, but of others. And besides, it's not fair to have a 4 vs 2 decision.

You need to learn to cool off, I could just as easily say I don't see a reason why Crystal Caves should be in operation. Why they should have been posted. Does that make me right? No, that makes me look like an ignorant fool. You say that the people who support PA's return just think it'd be cool to have another CC... who supports it not returning? You, Matt, people loyal to you? Seems to be a war of opinion, not over what's cool. If I once allowed there to be a second Capture Center then who are you to say that it should not still stand.

You appear to be inadequate to ascertain my notion clear enough; there isn’t anything radically faithless or complicated with maintaining an additional capture center at PCG, it’s the complexes that will later arise with both of them. It will produce friction with every known possible reason to be to go wrong that you are clearly yet to see.

What is it with you and typing in big words? I fear that you are the one failing to ascertain the true facts behind it all. You're the one causing friction, the only other "problems" there would be is the fact that people might favor one Center over the other. You act like PA is going to declare war on CC, march across Poland and slap you around like France. The only thing that differs between AC's and CC's is the fact that you go through a storyline with CC's to get the pokemon, a much more complex system of adoption. Dragon Tamers and Poke Zoo don't appear to be at each others throats. They share currency like I would percieve we would (ie Capture Center Pts), they each have their own battle area (though I did convince DD to allow CC Pokes in the Battle Tower). The only difference is that DT has the only Rewards Shop. While PA would bring back the Temple of Knowledge, which doubles as a trivia center for pts.

So tell me Mr. Jay, what views do you have that I'm so incapable of ascertaining? Teach me something new about CC's, the genre I created. Tell me why PA and CC would not be able to work together... other then your stubborness. I have never attacked CC, nor made an accusations against the owners/employees. I defend my point with facts, details etc, yet you defend yours by attacking me and PA. I would appreciate it if you refrained from doing so further, use facts, not opinions.

Well, the floor is open for anyone else who wants to comment.

pokemasterfrank
1st July 2003, 01:13 AM
I have found a very big flaw x_x. For those of you that didn't know, when PA was at BMG, the limit on Pokemon was 30. That's already twice the amount then here for Captured. 15+30 doesn't equal 15 x_x

Quicksilver62160
1st July 2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
I have found a very big flaw x_x. For those of you that didn't know, when PA was at BMG, the limit on Pokemon was 30. That's already twice the amount then here for Captured. 15+30 doesn't equal 15 x_x

That limit was also set because there were no AC's there. 15 ACs + 15 CCs = 30 BMG.

Jay
1st July 2003, 02:32 AM
She does know me pretty well. :yes: There are much bigger things that need to be worried about the CCPs vs APs. Though I would like to reinstate the previous APs, which again was a creation of my own to further CCdom, I see no reason why CCPs should disappear... just a name altering. Ironically enough, CC doubles nicely as Capture Center Points. I think we can both agree on the idea that if PA were to return Capture Center points would solve a plethera of problems opposed to Avenger Pts and Crystal Cave Pts. Heck, we could even cut out a lot of problems and call them Points, Stamps and Points... sounds good if you don't like Capture Center before it.

I didn't constitute the name for the new currency that was implemented for the Capture Center; Gabi did. If you want to talk about a name change for the currency then you should try talking to Gabi. Seemingly, I think you will/would have anyway. I don’t care about the name, I’m just saying that three currencies is going to be a problem, per se your comment on “The Temple Of Knowledge” below.

As DarkDragonite pointed out, Pokemon Avengers has never acted hostiliy towards any other official Capture Center. Granted in the beginning I had to crush some other place similar to us (ie: Safari Zone), that was a different time, when PCG was unruly, and it was crush or be crushed. I actually enforced ideas on bringing in a second Capture Center a year ago, I wanted to see another one, I actually helped to create the first, Galaxion PokeRebels... how was I to know it would be such a huge flop? Then there was Echo Seekers... well, I had no choice but to close them down, I gave them an ultamatum, get a certain amount of posts in a week or be closed. I always stick by my convictions and what I say so when it came to count time I was disappointed when they didn't pass the bar. As for Dragon Tamers and Pokemon Avenger relations, well, there was a time when I sought to beat them out too, LV can tell you about that, but again that was at the start of the PCG era of AC, pre-PA's official nature. Since then we've been extremely cooperative, did an entire scenario series together, and tried to work out a Tournament. It's been over a year and a half since PA has tried to crush another Center in PCG.

Evidently, you had a hearing on intensifying both capture centers on creation. It was and is plainly clear you wouldn’t try to destroy them; but you did in the end for inactivity reasons. Galaxion PokéRebels was horrid. One visit there and the staff just didn’t bother to update for a month, and then they got shut down before I could verily seize a pokémon there. Well deserved at that… and I never was absorbed to post at Echo Seekers due to inactivity. Here’s the absurd element of your post: both times you say they were shut down due to some type of hiatus. What do you think is going to occur this time? One Capture Center is going to idle out and be shut down, exactly like in antiquity. PCG hasn’t been like it was, so if you have outlooks of both Capture Centers being mortal in the end, well good luck to you mindfully.

As for you Jay, you seem to talk big about how I'm planning on doing this, and trying to enforce that, changing this little thing, and trying in essence to destroy the Crystal Caves. Oddly enough though, it seems to be you who is being the antagonist. All of the friction that is visible to me that would prevent CC cooperation is coming directly from you. I mean, if PA does return I do have ideas on what should be changed, what needs to be discussed... but I've been doing CC's for two years, I created the genre, I think I know a little more on how to operate them. And I can't be 100% sure on something, more like 99.9% :rolleyes: , I'm confident that it will be a fair decision, based upon not only views of Crystal Caves, but of others. And besides, it's not fair to have a 4 vs 2 decision.

To make it conspicuous, the only thing I’m antagonizing is this notion, and I have my individual perspectives on why there shouldn’t be an additional Capture Center, and you have yours that another Capture Center is very necessary here, which, in my theorem, isn’t. I don’t think I’m bound to make it obvious than that.

I’m also equitably flustered at your last assertion, “And besides, it's not fair to have a 4 vs 2 decision.” Are you verbalizing about the moderators or the workers at Crystal Caves? I would appreciate some clear doctrines and not vague ones.

You need to learn to cool off, I could just as easily say I don't see a reason why Crystal Caves should be in operation. Why they should have been posted. Does that make me right? No, that makes me look like an ignorant fool. You say that the people who support PA's return just think it'd be cool to have another CC... who supports it not returning? You, Matt, people loyal to you? Seems to be a war of opinion, not over what's cool. If I once allowed there to be a second Capture Center then who are you to say that it should not still stand.

I wouldn’t say anyone would be a dunce to state why the Crystal Caves Capture Center should be in operation. Unless you tried to assault my views and me by saying I’m an ignorant fool for arguing with you, then I could refute about your lame alibi for a personal attack.

Are you trying to convince me that your center is apathetic? Right now, I am yet to see a faultless and indisputable point you’ve made, and I see no game plan. The only outstanding thing you've got so far is the plot, which is nice, but that doesn't make a game without its tune-ups. If you can’t seem to handle the faults I’m pointing out right now, then what’s going to happen if this is approved and a participant of Avengers remonstrates? We need blue prints, all I see is talk.

There appears to be a big activity feud since you were last here, and clearly one capture center is currently performable.

What is it with you and typing in big words? I fear that you are the one failing to ascertain the true facts behind it all. You're the one causing friction, the only other "problems" there would be is the fact that people might favor one Center over the other. You act like PA is going to declare war on CC, march across Poland and slap you around like France. The only thing that differs between AC's and CC's is the fact that you go through a storyline with CC's to get the pokemon, a much more complex system of adoption. Dragon Tamers and Poke Zoo don't appear to be at each others throats. They share currency like I would percieve we would (ie Capture Center Pts), they each have their own battle area (though I did convince DD to allow CC Pokes in the Battle Tower). The only difference is that DT has the only Rewards Shop. While PA would bring back the Temple of Knowledge, which doubles as a trivia center for pts.

I'm supposed to produce a fact when I am yet to see what this new and supposedly improved Avengers has to offer. Good one. I very much doubt any of us is able to produce a solid fact... No, make that “one you approve because you can’t handle negative points.”

Just so you know, the Temple of Knowledge would not be sanctioned for a number of logic’s. The two obvious ones are: 1) There’s enough ways to make CCP’s already, and the PCG economy will run dry with so much money to give out. 2) There’s a little something called the Crystal Caves Kiosk/Buena’s Radio Show, which is basically the same thing except it’s pokémon related. It clearly is not up to the standard. As I know, the Temple of Knowledge was a place to win CCP’s and buy items for your captees, and these two places offer just that. Sorry, but no, your chances at getting that approved are thinner than a piece of paper.

Don’t expect seeing that present here any time soon.

By the way, this has turned into a much-needed debate than a poll. Your idea is basically "another game needing an approval tag with many faults that needs fixing." I had the feeling you came here expecting good remarks from everyone, and I'm surprised no one had thought of a single flaw until I started to debate, not even you. If people wish to reject the idea for a new capture center, then don't use a comeback stating that "they're loyal to me, so they'll think the same as I do", since that's just selfish, and not to mention quite rude.

Aipom Of Doom
1st July 2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank

Were we even planning to bring back Pokemon from BMG? I don't see when that came up, and I'm not sure if it would work unless PA at BMG had the exact same rules as here... Anyway, even if we brought back BMG Pokemon, people obviously couldn't have more than a total of 15 Captees.

Lady Vulpix
1st July 2003, 09:58 AM
I haven't read absolutely everything, but I've skimmed the last 15 posts and I have some things to say.

1. CCPs stand for Capture Canter points. They were created before Crystal Caves came up.
2. No bringing pokemon from other boards. That's out of the question and I thought it was clear.
3. The pokemon limit isn't changing. 15 is fine, and it's already hard enough to train them. 30 would result in people getting more pokemon than they can handle and then neglecting them or abandoning them.
4. I never wanted DT and PA to be rivals; I've always believed in cooperation and co-existing in harmony. QS, however, thought differently for a year or so, and tried hard to bring DT down, but he couldn't. Then he finally decided to start cooperating. This is just a bit of information for those who were asking.
5. This isn't a matter of loyalties. Each of us has their own views and poinions. Most people here don't base their lives on finding leaders to look up to and follow blindly. Sadly for people who would like to fill that role (Eg. QS), better for everyone else. I really don't know if QS is actually capable of sharing and cooperating. He's too ambitious and egocentric, and would probably consider CC competition and try to bring it down. I wouldn't like that to happen. Other than that, if the two Capture Centers could work together and complement each other without frictions, and if they're not two versions on the same thing, I think it could work.

Interpol HQ
1st July 2003, 11:27 AM
Originaly posted by Lady Vulpix
I really don't know if QS is actually capable of sharing and cooperating. He's too ambitious and egocentric, and would probably consider CC competition and try to bring it down.

What if there were two (or more) heads of PA? So if QS causes things to get out of hand the other
person(s) could step in and help straighten everything out.

Quicksilver62160
1st July 2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by The_Legendary_Himo
What if there were two (or more) heads of PA? So if QS causes things to get out of hand the other
person(s) could step in and help straighten everything out.

No, that won't be happening. I'll cooperate and everything, but no one else is taking a controlling part of the Avengers.

Interpol HQ
1st July 2003, 12:58 PM
No, that won't be happening. I'll cooperate and everything, but no one else is taking a controlling part of the Avengers.

If there is no one else with a controlling part, there is no real guarantee that you will cooperate. If you can prove that you can get along and cooperate then by all means do so.

Dark Dragonite
1st July 2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by The_Legendary_Himo
If there is no one else with a controlling part, there is no real guarantee that you will cooperate. If you can prove that you can get along and cooperate then by all means do so.

Umm, don't you think if QS tries anything, the Mods would shut him down??

Aipom Of Doom
1st July 2003, 03:25 PM
QS: I hope that you know this already, but if the Avengers comes back, you'll have to share the shop and battling place with CC... The actual capture center would be under your control, but we'd have to work out a compromise and shared ownership of the other topics. So you'd only get complete ownership of the PA capture center itself.

I don't see why someone else co-owning the Avengers would help Quick share and cooperate... The best thing to do that would be carefully watching the PA and making it clear that if it doesn't cooperate it will get shut down or penalized some other way. It would be great for PA to come back and exist peacefully with CC, but if that doesn't work out, the Avengers would need to be closed again =/.

Jay
1st July 2003, 08:51 PM
QS: I hope that you know this already, but if the Avengers comes back, you'll have to share the shop and battling place with CC... The actual capture center would be under your control, but we'd have to work out a compromise and shared ownership of the other topics. So you'd only get complete ownership of the PA capture center itself.

Danny, I wouldn't even start articulating about that right now eminently since this has not been sent in for endorsement as far as I know of, and its hopes aren't looking great either.

Snickers!! Not to criticize your activity down at Bulbagardens, QS, but you were quite torpid, and even though I shouldn’t be suggesting it but another working-hand could be in question. Patently from what I’ve seen both when you were at TPM and at BMGf you idle out very much, and you often relied on the other workers to settle for you. I really don’t think you’re up for taking up such a massive role here, and, as much as you don’t want to hear it, others can certainly handle it better than you can.

Quicksilver62160
2nd July 2003, 12:21 AM
I already hired someone to help me out around PA, Frank is going to be the newest employee. I figure Becca and I could use a helping hand and he's been the most loyal Avengers, he even followed us to BMG and posted avidly.

The only reasons I'm not around much is because I have full time college and a full time job, not to mention a social life. It's summer though so no more classes so I've got plenty of time to post here so don't worry about me keeping up. Make sure everything stays active at CC, that's the reason for loss of activity, if the refs don't post people just don't bother going back.

Jay
2nd July 2003, 12:43 AM
Before this gets closed, start treating it as a poll and not a debate. All you had to do is send your game idea to the mods, how simple is that?

Lady Vulpix
2nd July 2003, 08:09 AM
The other mods have been discussing this all day long yesterday, Jay. It would be great if you could get on AIM some time, so that you could join the discussion.