PDA

View Full Version : Prowlers (Mature) Signups.

Ultimate Charizard
25th June 2003, 10:24 PM
Up this close, the liquid was a deep crimson. Deputy Bobby Sharpe reached out to dip a finger into it. He was here, at the latest murder scene on Gaffeys hill at 1am. The sherriff had told him to forget about it for now and go home but Bobby was young and ambitious. Hoping to find more clues and solve the case alone he had come up here alone right after his shift had ended.

He had found a small patch of what appeared to be blood near the edge of the clearing where the body of a man had been found earlier today. Small pellets, the type found in a Shotgun shell were also found and from the state of the body it had been decided a bear had got him. A common enough occurence in a mountain town like this but there had been so many similar deaths lately, it was unlikely a bear would or even could kill so many without one survivor.

He raised his finger to his nose and inhaled, hoping it would prove to be something else, but the copper scent confirmed it. Blood.
"I wonder, if those stories were true....It cant be true", he muttered to himself
"Theyre more true than you think" growled a voice behind him and he froze. Something shifted in the darkness behind him. Twigs Snapped.
"You shouldnt have come up here again Bobby" the deep voice growled. "Should've just left it alone."
The voice sent a shiver up his spine and everything inside him seemed to let go. The fear came up in him full force, and he was not even breathing as he turned around. Bobby did not dare to raise his flashlight as what he could already see in the moonlight terrified him to the bone.
Rows of razor sharp teeth, and eyes that seemed to glow in the starlight. The things muscles rippled under its fur and it seemed to be almost mocking him.
"You could try running you know" the beast said almost kindly.

As if a switch had been thrown, Bobby came alive. He Spun around, dropping his flashlight and sprinted towards his car. His breathing sounded impossibly loud in his ears. He reached for the weapon at his belt, unsnapped the gun, and drew it from its holster. He felt the things hot breath on his neck, heard it loping after him.
Bobby turned, raised his gun and fired once as he fell.
Before he knew it the Monster was on top of him, cracking his ribs with its weight and in that instant he knew the stories were true....The prowlers were real. "Sorry Kid!" the voice growled as he stared up in fear and with that his throat was torn out in a single swift gulp and as his blood fountained onto the grass his chest was effortlessly opened and his heart ripped out.

------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Willowvale , a small mountain town in Vermont. Your average quiet town but this one has a problem. For years savage murders had been reported in the area. Most had been put down to animals, common in this area but lately theyve been coming closer. Some right in the middle of town but the local Sherrif still sticks to his Animal claim. He has to, without real facts he knows just as much as the rest of the town and a Sherrif is supposed to be respected, without respect there is no law.
There have always been stories of course. About creatures that hunted the woods. Prowlers they had been called but they were just stories, told by mothers to scare their kids into behaving...at least thats what Willowvale thinks.

Ok this is gonna be a survival RPG. Most of the chars are gonna be Kids, back home from College for the summer and maybe a few townsfolk. (The Sherrif is reserved) I know details are a little thin right now but more will be revealed as the plot goes on.

Form
-----

Name:
Looks:
Background: (Are you a student, Do you work/live) in town
Personailty:
Other

P.S I dont want anyone signing up with lots of guns just cos they know its a survival rpg. Its a mountain town so maybe people would own a Shotgun or a knife or two but i dont want any ex marines with AK-47's, Uzi's and Rocket Launchers. Oh and noone tries to sign up as a Prowler. All chars are human.

Sir Chris
26th June 2003, 03:55 AM
haha, sorry dude, but I have found a flaw in your sign up, ;x!

*exploits*

Name: Chris Scott
Looks: 6'5", well built.Dark Brown hair, piecing heavy set blueeyes, with a pale complextion
Background: I am a student, who is acing school, I grew up an orphan do to a vicious killer who was never found, my last memory ofmy parents is them lying in their own pools of blood face down...Has a sword with him, meaning, when he returns home, he carries it, sheathed, because it won't fit in his luggage, not like he has it in attack thingy. wehn he gets home it will be put up on it. (side note: wtf, its my character, who the hell are you to say if he is highly skilled or not? I am 15 and quite good with swords, thanx =|). Now put away, he usually has a rifle with him, because he enjoys going to hunt random animals during random hunting seasons. its sawed off, but I wont tell if you don't :P

Personailty: Quick Witted, bit of a temper, believes thatto be noble one must put others before their own self.
Other: Always wears a ring with a dragon crest on it, mostly for show, but it hurts like hell if something gets punched by it..

Edit: I hate the sherriff ;[

Ultimate Charizard
26th June 2003, 06:43 AM
Well 2 things.

A: I said not to be over-armed. What type of guy carries around a sword in a quiet town like that.

B: Since youve pointed out a loophole in my signup form then i am now looking out for it and therefore any attempt to exploit it will be shot down in flames. Just cos i missed it doesnt mean i cant change things as and when i see fit.

This always happens in these types of RPG, someone tries to signup as some kind of Ninja guy that could take down everyone in a single attack. This is a Survival rpg. You will be at a disadvantage for most of the RPG, no matter what tricks you try or how good your charachter thinks he is.

Sorry to be so harsh but ive seen many RPGS like this die because some people feel insecure without the ability to kill everyone with one hand.

RaZoR LeAf
26th June 2003, 07:28 AM
Sounds cool, UC. I'll work on a sign up form today and post it later.

RaZoR LeAf
26th June 2003, 01:44 PM
Name: Dan
Looks: Tall, about 6 foot. Has a medium build and pale skin complexion. Has light brown hair, and hazel coloured eyes. Usually wears faded blue jeans, held up by a brown leather belt. Has strong black boots, and wears simple plain short sleeved shirts. He also has a thick brown jacket that he wears when outside.
Background: Dan isn't a student, but he's had a good education in the local school. He's currently working in a local store, so he can get enough money to move away to university.
Personailty: Eager to try new things, and always game for a laugh. Has a suprisingly open attitude for someone form a small mountain town, and will accept pretty much everything, though he's not gullible. Always friendly and interesting to talk to.
Other: Used to be in Boy Scouts when he was 10, so knows a bit about basic survival. Though he can't remember alot of it.

Outlaw JT
27th June 2003, 05:18 PM
SirChris: Can you name a single person in real life that carries a sword around with them in day to day life? The safe money says that you can't. No one walks around with a katana strapped to their back. I could understand your character owning such a weapon for display and/or to practice a kata with but in the real world he wouldn't carry it around with him. It'd stay at home and only ever travel with him if he were moving or on the way to his dojo. And being such a small mountain town it is unlikely there is a dojo for him to go to. I suggest you modify your profile to reflect that. Also, it takes a long time to master the use of a weapon as precise as a sword so I highly doubt a 19 year old would be skilled enough to reasonably deal with something twice as fast and over five times as strong as himself.

Hopefully the actual rpg won't suffer from the pointless spamming this sign-up topic has so far. Now, on to my sign-up.

Name: Sherriff James Porter
Looks: 6'3", slender athletic build, wavy and speckled light brown hair, clean-shaven slightly pale face, deep and sad blue eyes, Wears the Sherriff's uniform most of the time along with a black aviator style jacket. Off-duty(which he rarely ever is) he wears a red plaid shirt and heavy black pants with heavy black steel-toed boots. He is fairly fast and pretty agile but his strength is only average.
Background: He is the town Sherriff. He lived in Willowvale when he was little but his family moved away when he was only 6. As he was growing up his life goals changed many times. He doesn't talk about it much but he did spend some time in a pre-law college but something made him change his mind and he applied to the FBI. He passed all of their tests and training with flying colors and became an agent. About two years ago he left the FBI for reasons he refuses to talk about and moved back to the sleepy mountain town he remembered from early childhood. Not knowing what else to do there he ran for Sherriff and with his experience was quickly elected. He has been town sherriff in Willowvale for about 19 months now.
Personailty: Quiet and reserved and sometimes slightly moody. He is friendly enough but he doesn't talk about himself to anyone and it is quite clear to anyone that prys that his past is a touchy subject. He keeps to himself mostly. He casually socializes with most of the townfolk but he avoids making any real connections with the people of Willowvale. To this day no one in Willowvale knows why he left the FBI and came back to their little town.
Other: He firmly believes in an old motto he learned in the training program for the FBI. "Disarm first, then disable. If all else fails, then destroy. The three D's of defense!"

Ultimate Charizard
28th June 2003, 01:55 PM
Sir Chris......so youve comprimised on the sword so its not always ready to use but now he always carres a rifle with him?

Why am i getting the idea that this Mountain town is populated by the Love children of Rambo and Xena?

Since your unwilling to leave yourself Unnarmed ill have to change things.
No charachter will be armed in any way at the start of this rpg (With the exception of the sherrif who carries a handgun) Rifles, Shotguns, 'Personal Weapons' will all be found, picked up as the RPG progresses.
If thats not good enough and u dont feel safe without a weapon then to put it simply...Deal with it.

Anyway in all the confusion i forgot my own signup.

Name: Gavin Wynder
Looks: 6ft 3, quite a large build. Usually wears a Black T-shirt and Blue Jeans. Occaisionally wears the odd sprts shirt instead.
Background: Student. Lived in Willowvale all his life but had thoughts of moving away. His Dad owns the local Bar/Restaurant.
Personailty: Quite intelligent and easily got the Grades to go to college also plays a number of sports. Not very popular with others he tends to be a loner but is very loyal.
Other: Kills other

Master Rudy
29th June 2003, 05:11 PM
Things seem to be getting a tiny bit out of hand in this topic. Disagreements like this might start out minor but I've seen cases in the past both on and off TPM where they can turn into flame wars. In addition if people see others going back and forth like this they might think twice about joining an RPG. As a result I'm clearing out everything that is unrelated to the sign up topic. None of you guys need to worry. Your not in trouble but I would suggest keeping things confined to PM's from here on out. If you've got any questions please feel free to PM me.

Bear
29th June 2003, 05:31 PM
Chris, first rule of the RPG board - what the Creator says is absolute (the guy who made the RPG). If he says your form isn't satisfactory, then you have to change it. Gotta be more flexible. BTW, what happened to MediaDriven? It go boom?

On second thought, maybe I will sign up for this.

Name: Jay Weston
Looks: Tall and lanky, 6'3" or close to it, around 190 lbs. He's not really bulky, but he's well toned. Lightly tanned skin, dark brown hair worn short, hazel eyes. Likes to wear baggy blue jeans, black belt, and a dark colored tank top or sleeveless shirt.
Background: Student at University of Virginia, home to Vermont for the summer. Majoring in History.
Personailty: He's pretty friendly and easy to get along with. Intelligent, and has a strange sense of humour. He's not much for crude, juvenile, toilet humor. Enjoys sports and all forms of exercise, and likes to eat and sleep at leisure. Bakes the best cheesecake ever.
Other: =P

Bulbasaur4
29th June 2003, 11:58 PM
Name: Kristen Andrews
Looks: This is her bodily/face appearance! (http://www.animeshrine.com/gallery.php?series=neongenesisevangelion&image=26)

Except she wears this outfit! (http://www.animeshrine.com/gallery.php?series=lovehina&image=36)

Background: She's lived in Willowvale all her life, since she was three years old. Her parents died in a horrible car accident, right outside of Willowvale. She was the only survivor... found several feet from the car, lying on the road. When she woke up, she cried and said many things in her muffled crying, but finally after a few years when she was five, she stopped crying about the rememberance of her parents although she still seems saddened by never truely remembering them anymore. She grew up in the town, under the care of her Grandmother who lived in Willowvale (the car accident had happened on their way to meet her Grandmother). She instantly became the town's classic girl- she was a cheerleader in high school, high academics and such- and when she graduated, she was supposed to go to College but instead her grandmother died of a heart attack and she decided to stay back. Her grandmother owned a flower shop, so she decided to run that instead. She's been running it ever since, and lives in the upper deck above the flower shop as well.
Personailty: Very cheerful and always wearing a smile upon her face. She's bright eyed, and very smart despite not going to college. She is as fragrent as the flowers she sells, and is easily sociable and kind to everyone. The town knows her well, and she is very nice to anyone who comes to Willowvale as well, usually always the first to greet them too since her flowershop also has a small area for dining which she acts as a cook.
Other

Mystic_clown
30th June 2003, 05:24 PM
Name: Ryan Gallhint
Looks: He has shoulder length blue dyed hair which is tied down by a bandana and brown eyes. He wears a white and red striped shirt, a brown vest, torn jeans, sneakers and a pair of shades.
Background: He dropped out of school at the age of sixteen. He lives in a small shack on the outskirts of town. He prefers to lie around all day fishing. He’s a bit of a thief and has been labelled as a pervert.
Personality: He’s a nice guy but has a bit of a temper. He can be a bit forgetful and is a bit of a cluts. He’s lazy and is a bit of a kleptomaniac. He’s a total pervert and always tries to peek on girls in the shower.
Other: N/A

Ultimate Charizard
3rd July 2003, 08:44 PM
If all goes according to plan ill start this tommorrow.

Last chance for LSU's, after that its Invite only.