PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Fun for all!

Sir Chris
25th June 2003, 11:59 PM
Hi, I am quite bored at the moment, and since I am stuck thinking of a good BUTTERFREE set to bring to you(well..a 2nd set..I got one already) I decided to make a bit of a game for you all, yes I know, there is a forum for games, but god damnit this is a gsc game, so **** them ~_~

This game I hope is easy enough to be fun and fast paced, well, for a rumored DEAD board, anyway, though I think thats kinda bull**** myself =|

So, have I kept you waiting long enough? good!

Then I give you, : Moveset Mayhem :o

MWHAHAHAHAHHA!

:o

This is 1 of the 2 games that I present to you, I remember on IRC way back when a quiz master named a set and everyone tried to gues what pokemon the set belonged to, it may not be standard,but a pokemon has to be able to learn al lfour of the moves! pretty simple eh? well, I am hoping you guys won't cheat but if you do then it cant be helped, but lets remember, this is for fun so cheating is kind of silly, no?

the 2nd game is: Lists of pokemon :D

I will give a type and a move, and you will have to give me a certain set number of pokemon that learn it, or...a type and a move that the type doesnt learn, does that make sense? I will start fof with the 2nd game!

Water that does not learn ice beam - 2 pokemon

oh and remember, there can be trick questions, don't know if this one is or isnt but it should be fun to find out, right? ^_^

the person who gets this one makes the next one, they can choose from either game, sooo whee!

~ Chris

Dracoplasm
26th June 2003, 03:53 AM
Magikarp is the only water pokemon that cannot ice beam.

A normal pokemon which only learns 1 move, yet can have access to them all.

Final
26th June 2003, 07:28 AM
..Ditto?

Dracoplasm
26th June 2003, 07:28 AM
yessir

Mr.E
26th June 2003, 12:43 PM
Ooooh, lemme try. =P

The only pokemon with two signature moves.

[Edit:] Not including fag Smeargle.

Number1ChanseyFan
26th June 2003, 12:57 PM
Porygon and Porygon2, which learn Conversion and Conversion2.

EDIT: Ok, I've got my question... Which Pokémon has 3 different signature moves?

Mr.E
26th June 2003, 02:16 PM
Bleh, bastardly Conversions. I was thinking Rattata (and Raticate), but that works too. =P

Cubone/Marowak get Bone Club, Bonemerang, and Bone Rush.

Name 10 pokémon that learns a damaging attack of a type it is weak to, by level-up. (i.e. A Fire-Type that learns Surf at Level 29) If my count is correct, there are 22 total, two are Crystal-only. Also, name those attacks.

Kari and Mewtwo
26th June 2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Mystery

Name 10 pokémon that learns a damaging attack of a type it is weak to, by level-up. (i.e. A Fire-Type that learns Surf at Level 29) If my count is correct, there are 22 total, two are Crystal-only. Also, name those attacks.

Tyranitar (earthquake)
Pupitar (earthquake)
Larvitar (earthquake)
Sneasel (metal claw in crystal)
Espeon (bite)
Scyther (wing attack)
Kingdra (twister)
Ho-oh (ancientpower)
Lugia (ancientpower)
Dragonite (twister)

do pre-evos count? If not, replace Pupitar and Larvitar with Sudowoodo (low kick) and magcargo (rock throw)

----

my turn?

Name a pokemon besides ditto, mew, or smeargle that can get all 3 elemental punches, all 3 move tutor moves, blizzard, fireblast, thunder, AND at least 2 moves that boost both of its defenses respectively

Dracoplasm
26th June 2003, 03:49 PM
Nidoqueen/king?

Kari and Mewtwo
26th June 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Dracoplasm
Nidoqueen/king?

i forgot to mention to list the 2 defense boosting moves (im not sure if either of the nidos can boost both their defenses outside of using AP)

Number1ChanseyFan
26th June 2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
Name a pokemon besides ditto, mew, or smeargle that can get all 3 elemental punches, all 3 move tutor moves, blizzard, fireblast, thunder, AND at least 2 moves that boost both of its defenses respectively

Answer: Clefable can learn Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Blizzard, Fire Blast, and Thunder. Clefable can learn Amnesia through breeding, and it can learn Defense Curl at Level 26 as a Clefairy, or Clefairy/Clefable can learn Defense Curl with TM 40.

Question: Who is the only Pokémon with a max Defense stat of 222?

Kari and Mewtwo
26th June 2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan
Answer: Clefable can learn Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Blizzard, Fire Blast, and Thunder. Clefable can learn Amnesia through breeding, and it can learn Defense Curl at Level 26 as a Clefairy, or Clefairy/Clefable can learn Defense Curl with TM 40.

errr... I was thinking Mewtwo, but i forgot D-curl was a TM.. So yeah, I'll accept clefable as an answer.

Mr.E
26th June 2003, 06:09 PM
I thought I mentioned that an evolution line counts as 1 pokemon, but I must've forget to re-add it when I revised my post up. And Espeon doesn't learn Bite, it gets it from Eevee IIRC. =\

Lesse, 222... Hmm, Farfetch's has 222 Special D... STANTLER! Mwahaha.

Well lemme think of a question...

Name 3 pokémon that lose stats in some category when they evolve. Don't have to give numbers, but at least name which stat(s) goes down.

Kari and Mewtwo
26th June 2003, 06:28 PM
scyther->scizor (speed goes down)
Metapod->Butterfree (defense goes down)
Kakuna->Beedrill (defense goes down)

heheh....

Name a normal-type move that targets the user and has the potential to increase another move's power without affecting stats or CH ratio.

pokemasterfrank
26th June 2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
scyther->scizor (speed goes down)
Metapod->Butterfree (defense goes down)
Kakuna->Beedrill (defense goes down)

heheh....

Name a normal-type move that targets the user and has the potential to increase another move's power without affecting stats or CH ratio.

I think thats Defense Curl, it double's Rollout's base attack.

Anyway, I'll post/edit something when I get this confirmed...

Solution
26th June 2003, 06:52 PM
Defense curl raises your defense though, so it does affect stats. I was thinking something along the lines of convsersion/conversion2.

Kari and Mewtwo
26th June 2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Solution
Defense curl raises your defense though, so it does affect stats. I was thinking something along the lines of convsersion/conversion2.

yup.. its conversion2

Solution
26th June 2003, 07:14 PM
Okay, hip really should have this question, because he told me that rollout wouldn't work, and that conversion2 could be it. Being the grateful son of a ***** that I am though, I have decided to take full credit for it and act as if he never told me

I have NO idea what to ask, so I'll just post a really, really simple one. Maybe in the future I'll find something better.

List the five pokemon that can get spikes. However, I am not counting mimic, mirrormove, or metronome. I think I figured out all of the moves that could also possibly get it, but I might be leaving it out. So if someone finds a whole in it, meh. Oh yeah, transform is also a no-no.

Sir Chris
26th June 2003, 10:00 PM
wow, this topic really grew ^_^;

Shellder, Cloyster, delibird, qwilfish, forry.

so, lets see..uhhhName the top 4 fastest bug types :P

~ Chris

Hydrocannon
26th June 2003, 10:04 PM
No, Shellder doesn't learn spikes. It's Cloyster, Pineco, Forretress, Qwilfish, and Delibird.

Name two pokemon that are not related by evolution, can breed with Smeargle, but still have illegal breeding combinations.

Solution
26th June 2003, 10:06 PM
Shellder or pinneco wasn't supposed to count. It's smeargle you nubs. *gasp* =)

Maybe I'll be able to think of a better question some time. This stuff is hard. ^_^

Sir Chris
26th June 2003, 10:09 PM
Kids, let us remember something, Don't answer questions when you don't have coffee, you seem stupid, aye.

~ Chris

Sir Chris
26th June 2003, 10:17 PM
ok, let me take a gander!

dugrioand sandslash

duggy Bslam + AP is illegal

Slash: SD + Rapid spin is illegal as well

*shrugs*

Well,since HC left the forum, and he didnt contest me, I will assume I got it right until someone proves me wrong/he says I am wrong

Name the four fastest bug types :)

~ Chris

Number1ChanseyFan
26th June 2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SirChris

~ Chris

1. Scyther-308
2. Yanma-288
3. Venomoth-278
4. Heracross/Ledian/Pinsir-All 3 tied at 268.

Question: Name two different Pokémon who's max HP does not increase even after they evolve.

Pooka Rulez
27th June 2003, 01:46 AM
Weedle ----> Kakuna (both 293)
Phanpy ----> Donphan (both 383)

Question: Name two Pokémon (not from the same evolution line) that have the same HP and Special Defense max stats.

Hydrocannon
27th June 2003, 02:10 AM
ok, let me take a gander!

dugrioand sandslash

duggy Bslam + AP is illegal

Slash: SD + Rapid spin is illegal as well

*shrugs*

Well,since HC left the forum, and he didnt contest me, I will assume I got it right until someone proves me wrong/he says I am wrong

Name the four fastest bug types :)

~ Chris
Now that I'm back I'll contest you :P. It involves breeding moves only, body slam isn't on Dugtrio's breeding list and swords dance isn't on Sandslash's breeding list. Like if Stantler couldn't simultaneously get bite, reflect, and spite, then it'd be one of the answers.

Sir Chris
27th June 2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Hydrocannon
Now that I'm back I'll contest you :P. It involves breeding moves only, body slam isn't on Dugtrio's breeding list and swords dance isn't on Sandslash's breeding list. Like if Stantler couldn't simultaneously get bite, reflect, and spite, then it'd be one of the answers.

ah, then ummm I dont care let someone else answer it =x

~ Chris

Kari and Mewtwo
27th June 2003, 07:08 AM
Name two pokemon that are not related by evolution, can breed with Smeargle, but still have illegal breeding combinations.

umm... Do you mean illegal combinations between TMs and egg moves or just 2 eggs moves in general?

~ Chris

Scyther, Yanma, Venomoth, Heracross

hmm.. name the top 5 slowest electric pokes that are fully evolved

Sir Chris
27th June 2003, 07:20 AM
Amphy, Lanturn, Faggy, raichu, zappy

eh? ;x

~ Chris

Mana Lugia
27th June 2003, 07:32 AM

methinks you shoulda phrased the question better, cuz Chris gave you illegal movesets ;x

Number1ChanseyFan
27th June 2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Pooka Rulez
Weedle ----> Kakuna (both 293)
Phanpy ----> Donphan (both 383)

Question: Name two Pokémon (not from the same evolution line) that have the same HP and Special Defense max stats.

Well, you got one right!! ;) Weedle=283, Kakuna=293!! Phanpy/Donphan is right though!!

Answer: There are no Pokémon that have the same max HP and Special Defense stats. Max HP is always an odd number, and max Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense are always even numbers, so a Pokémon's max HP can never be the same as one of it's other stats.

Here are the formulas for figuring out a Pokémon's max stats at Level 100.

Max HP=Base HP multiplied by 2, then add 203.

Max Attack=Base Attack multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Defense=Base Defense multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Speed=Base Speed multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Special Attack=Base Special Attack multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Special Defense=Base Special Defense multiplied by 2, then add 98.

However, there are quite a few Pokémon out there whose base HP and Base Special Defense are the same, but because the formula to determine max HP is different from the formula that is used to figure out the maximum values of the others stats, they do not come out equal. Here is a list of all of the Pokémon whose base HP and base Special Defense are the same...

Magikarp 20/20
Sunkern 30/30
Tyrouge 35/35
Remoraid 35/35
Doduo 35/35
Zubat 40/40
Poliwag 40/40
Slugma 40/40
Spinarak 40/40
Meowth 40/40
Delibird 45/45
Unown 48/48
Ditto 48/48
Psyduck 50/50
Cubone 50/50
Larvitar 50/50
Aipom 55/55
Dodrio 60/60
Persian 65/65
Gligar 65/65
Omastar 70/70
Pupitar 70/70
Octillery 75/75
Golbat 75/75
Seaking 80/80
Golduck 80/80
Zapdos 90/90
Poliwrath 90/90
Ampharos 90/90
Celebi 100/100
Mew 100/100
Tyranitar 100/100

Sir Chris
27th June 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan
Well, you got one right!! ;) Weedle=283, Kakuna=293!! Phanpy/Donphan is right though!!

Answer: There are no Pokémon that have the same max HP and Special Defense stats. Max HP is always an odd number, and max Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense are always even numbers, so a Pokémon's max HP can never be the same as one of it's other stats.

Max HP=Base HP multiplied by 2, then add 203.

Max Attack=Base Attack multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Defense=Base Defense multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Speed=Base Speed multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Special Attack=Base Special Attack multiplied by 2, then add 98.

Max Special Defense=Base Special Defense multiplied by 2, then add 98.

However, there are quite a few Pokémon out there whose base HP and Base Special Defense are the same, but because the formula to determine max HP is different from the formula that is used to figure out the maximum values of the others stats, they do not come out equal. Here is a list of all of the Pokémon whose base HP and base Special Defense are the same...

Magikarp 20/20
Sunkern 30/30
Tyrouge 35/35
Remoraid 35/35
Doduo 35/35
Zubat 40/40
Poliwag 40/40
Slugma 40/40
Spinarak 40/40
Meowth 40/40
Delibird 45/45
Unown 48/48
Ditto 48/48
Psyduck 50/50
Cubone 50/50
Larvitar 50/50
Aipom 55/55
Dodrio 60/60
Persian 65/65
Gligar 65/65
Omastar 70/70
Pupitar 70/70
Octillery 75/75
Golbat 75/75
Seaking 80/80
Golduck 80/80
Zapdos 90/90
Poliwrath 90/90
Ampharos 90/90
Celebi 100/100
Mew 100/100
Tyranitar 100/100

Hydrocannon
27th June 2003, 08:14 PM
I was asking for pokemon that can breed with Smeargle but still have illegal egg move combinations. That should make it clearer.

Mr.E
27th June 2003, 09:39 PM
Snubbull is one of them. I do not believe Smeargle can learn Metronome. I always thought it could learn Mirror Move if they went first and failed, but if not, then Farfetch'd is the other one. I can't check the bot at the moment if it can, but if Smeargle can learn Mirror Move, Snubbull is the ONLY one that can have illegal breeding sets with Smeargle.

Perhaps Pooka meant two pokes compared that had the same Max HP and SD?

Anyway, I'll think of a question... Here, this shouldn't be too tough.

Which pokémon can breed at first, but can no longer breed once it evolves?

Sir Chris
27th June 2003, 09:46 PM
Nidorina then NidoQueen cant breed ;/

Edit: Name all the waters that learn sludge bomb

~ Chris

Number1ChanseyFan
28th June 2003, 12:13 PM
Name all the waters that learn sludge bomb

~ Chris

Tentacool/Tentacruel
Wooper/Quagsire
Qwilfish

Question: Name all of the Water Pokémon that can learn Thunderbolt.

SWAMPERT1
28th June 2003, 05:20 PM
Gyarados,staryu,starmie,lanturn,chinchou, think thats all
:wave:

Hydrocannon
28th June 2003, 05:54 PM
There's also Lapras.

Name a pokemon that has a tail but is not compatible with the iron tail TM & name a pokemon that does not have a tail but is compatible with the iron tail TM.

Mr.E
29th June 2003, 11:58 PM
Skarmory has a tail and is incompatible. Alakazam loses its tail when evolving from 'Kazam, but it is still compatible with the Iron Tail TM.

Another attack question. Name 5 pokémon that have access to damaging attacks that they themselves would be 4x weak to. Also, name at least one of those attacks. (i.e. If Heracross learned Drill Peck through TM 51, you would name it.)

Sir Chris
30th June 2003, 04:11 AM
Charizard(AP/rock Slide)
Gyarados(t-bolt/thunder)
Dragonite(Ice beam, Icy wind, blizzard)
Kabutops(absorb, mega drain, giga drain)
Tyranitar(Dynamic Punch)
Rhydon(surf)
Magcargo(Earthquake, Mud slap)

Name 3 Ice pokemon who are not part water that get a water move that is not an hp.

~ Chris

Gligar_Man
30th June 2003, 04:19 AM
articuno - bubblebeam
delibird - rain dance
sneasel - rain dance

... :D

easy one... name every pokemon incompatible with toxic... :\

... im tired, sue me

Sir Chris
30th June 2003, 04:25 AM
compatable as in a tm? k.

Smeargle, ditto, kakuna, weedle, caterpie, metapod,wobby, magikarp, unown..

I think thats all it uhh

Name a 2 fire types to learn an ice move :P

~ Chris

Vineon
30th June 2003, 09:25 AM
[10:18:53] <SirChris> it wasnt meant to be a trick, Ia ctually thought it did learn it (ice punch on magmar)
[10:18:54] <SirChris> lol..
[10:18:58] <SirChris> so post it was a trick
[10:19:02] <SirChris> and ask another question

k, so chris screwed up.. I guess I have to ask a question now

and it needs to be gsc related.. damn...

k.. got one

we all know Crystal came after Gold and Silver

But which of Gold OR Silver came out first ?

(omg my question rock (y) :) )

Sir Chris
30th June 2003, 09:28 AM
Gold, it was gold.

~ Chris

Vineon
30th June 2003, 09:31 AM
wrong, you lose pal

[10:29:35] <Vineon> the answer is NONE red and blue were released first
[10:29:38] <Vineon> !!!!!
[10:29:47] <Vineon> lol
[10:30:02] <Vineon> omg Im so tired Im laughing my *** off at it atm irl :[

k, I'll go back to my dead pbs forum for now :p

Mr.E
30th June 2003, 01:13 PM
You said which came first, between Gold or Silver. Red and Blue aren't Gold, nor are they Silver, so your question has a WRONG answer. >:0

And is it just me, or can no Fire-Type learn an Ice move? =X

Vineon
30th June 2003, 01:20 PM
yeah, none of them can.. chris just thought magmar and some other fire pokemon could get ice punch...

also, my question was a joke, feel free to ask a better one :p

Solution
30th June 2003, 01:25 PM
Porygon2 can change to a firetype and use ice beam. *wins again* lol, had to do that. :P

Misty
30th June 2003, 02:28 PM
HP Ice. :O

SWAMPERT1
1st July 2003, 08:47 PM
what pokemon can learn thunder and surf and are part ground or rock!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:D :D :yes: :no: :wave:

Number1ChanseyFan
1st July 2003, 09:41 PM
Nidoqueen (Poison/Ground)
Nidoking (Poison/Ground)
Rhydon (Ground/Rock)

Question: Which 3 Pokémon can learn Blizzard, but not Ice Beam?

Sir Chris
4th July 2003, 11:35 AM
It seems we have been owned.

~ Chris

Number1ChanseyFan
4th July 2003, 09:49 PM
Sorry, I guess you could say that this was sort of a trick question... :o

Nidoran(Male), Nidoran(Female), and Rattata can all learn Blizzard, but none of them can learn Ice Beam. Of course, they can learn Ice Beam after they have evolved.

Hydrocannon
5th July 2003, 06:53 PM
That wasn't really a trick question, and it was a good question. Wish I had been around to answer it too :p

If there's no new question, how about 3 (unrelated) pokemon that can get ice beam but not blizzard?

Number1ChanseyFan
5th July 2003, 09:11 PM
Chinchou/Lanturn
Wooper/Quagsire
Corsola
Remoraid/Octillery
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar

Question: Which Pokémon can learn Thunderbolt, but not Thunder?

DannyBoy
5th July 2003, 09:46 PM
I think it might be Starmie. Am I right?

Number1ChanseyFan
5th July 2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by IloveX-TINA
I think it might be Starmie. Am I right?

Nope, I am sorry, but that is not correct!! Starmie can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder!!

titandude21
6th July 2003, 01:27 PM
Tyranitar is one of them... don't know if there are any others

SWAMPERT1
11th July 2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by titandude21
Tyranitar is one of them... don't know if there are any others :yes: what poke/s can learn all the tms and hms?:confused: :D :wave:

MToolen
11th July 2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
:yes: what poke/s can learn all the tms and hms?:confused: :D :wave:
Mew is the only one compatible with all TM's/ HM's.

I don't have a question though... :(

Bitey
11th July 2003, 03:21 PM
The 9 Pokemon that have a gender but can't breed.

Number1ChanseyFan
11th July 2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by mpq
The 9 Pokemon that have a gender but can't breed.

Well, there are 10 different Pokémon that have a gender, but can't breed (unless you are counting Nidorina and Nidoqueen as the same Pokémon) Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrouge, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby

Question: Which Pokémon can learn Flamethrower, but not Fire Blast?

Iveechan
11th July 2003, 05:35 PM
.... it's TyROGUE, not Tyrouge!

Um, hmm, this is a toughie. I'll get back to you on that.

What are all the Pokemon that can learn Rock Slide either by RBY TM, Breeding, or natural level up?

Hydrocannon
11th July 2003, 06:45 PM
I think Remoraid/Octillery are tne only ones for flamethrower but not fire blast.

For rock slide, Charmander, Ekans, Sandshrew, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Diglett, Mankey, Machop, Geodude, Onix, Cubone, Rhyhorn, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Mew, Totodile, Sudowoodo, Dunsparce, Slugma, Swinub, Corsola, Larvitar, and any evolved forms (only the final Nidos can get rock slide though).

How about 7 pokemon that are slower than their unevolved forms?

Iveechan
11th July 2003, 07:56 PM
Scizor, Steelix, Octillery... um... ok, these are guesses, but Metapod, Kakuna, and Piloswine? Missing one... Heh, maybe I shouldn't try these anymore ^_^;

*tries to think of question*

Omitting Hidden Power and Sketch, who are the Pokemon can never learn moves that match their types? This includes non attacking moves like Rest which is Psychic. Breeding and TM moves are included. For example, without Hidden Power, Forretress can never learn a Steel move. But Wobbuffet can learn the Psychic Mirror Coat (it is Psychic, right?), so it doesn't count.

titandude21
11th July 2003, 08:57 PM
Scizor, Steelix, Octillery, Poliwrath, Politoed (I'm sure), Caterpie, Weedle (I think)

titandude21
11th July 2003, 09:09 PM
Magikarp, Unown, Smeargle, Ledyba, Ledian (I think), Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Yanma (I think), Magneton, Magnemite, Shuckle, I think that's all

Iveechan
11th July 2003, 10:02 PM
*slaps forehead* How could I forget the Poli's?!

Bitey
4th August 2003, 10:03 PM
Reviving the thread...

The three Pokémon that can learn Selfdestruct but not Explosion.

Number1ChanseyFan
4th August 2003, 11:02 PM
Snorlax, Mewtwo, and Sudowoodo

Question: How many Water type Pokémon are there? NOTE: Make sure to count each evolution stage as a seperate Pokémon, Wooper and Quagsire would count as 2 Pokémon!! ;)

Mr.E
4th August 2003, 11:13 PM
Mewtwo, Snorlax, and... Oh yeah, that ugly Sudowoodo. 8) Took me a while to think about that duder.

Which pokemon are there no pure-types of?

Sir Chris
4th August 2003, 11:14 PM
Flying

I will let someone else do the next one.

Solution
5th August 2003, 03:04 AM
Unless I'm not thinking, there also isn't a pure steel type.

soggy_cardboard
5th August 2003, 03:43 AM
no pure steel in g/s/c

Number1ChanseyFan
5th August 2003, 04:35 PM
Besides Flying and Steel, there are also no pure Ice Types!!

Sir Chris
5th August 2003, 07:27 PM
oh, he meant name all of them..oops ;/

Hydrocannon
5th August 2003, 10:21 PM
Yay, this topic has returned from the near dead.

______ can learn the move ______ by level, has it on its egg move list, and can learn it as a TM (in either metallics and/or chromatics). Give three (non-related) answers.

Kyl3
6th August 2003, 09:12 AM
What is the only poke with 4 evo stages?

Fai D. Flowright
6th August 2003, 11:33 AM
Eevee! At least I think so... ^_^;

Kind of easy but, I just woke up.

Name the only 3 Pokemon that are Grass type only. (evolutions don't count: Pidgey/otto/ot would count as 1)

Sir Chris
6th August 2003, 11:41 AM
bella, tangela, meganium ;/

Bitey
6th August 2003, 11:57 AM
You forgot Sunflora.

Sir Chris
6th August 2003, 12:50 PM
the guy says to name 3 I am naming 3 >:O

Kyl3
6th August 2003, 05:38 PM
Nope.

Fai D. Flowright
6th August 2003, 07:20 PM
I said 3, He named 3. He got the question right.

Kyl3
6th August 2003, 09:07 PM
My q answer was The Poliwag family.

Final
7th August 2003, 07:06 AM
This died..

Easy one..
Name a pokemon that learns a move that learns a move(TM/HM/Level/Breed) that its actually resistant to, but due to having a sub type, it recieves normal damage from it.

Fai D. Flowright
7th August 2003, 10:43 AM
That's not true, X1337, Poliwag can only evolve 2 time, making the evolution line a 3 just like everyone else. Actually there isn't an answer to your question as no Pokemon has a 4 Pokemon chain. In your example, Poliwag evolves into Poliwhirl, an then Poliwhilr can evolve into Poliwrath OR Politoed. The evolution is three. And if you were thinking that way, the Oddish family would also fit.

EDIT: My answer to the new question is Wooper/Quagsire. The can learn Surf and Ice Punch which one type is resistant to and one is weak against.

Sir Chris
7th August 2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by X1337
My q answer was The Poliwag family.

Wag-Whirl-Wrath/Toed

sir, that is 3 evo stages, good day.

edit: bah the guy with the nice sig got it before me, boo o=

Fai D. Flowright
7th August 2003, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the compliment on my sig, SC. I very much appreciate that. Since I think I got the question right, I'll give my question.

Name all of the Pokemon that CANNOT learn any TM's. (Pidgey/otto/ot count as 3 individual Pokemon this time)

Hydrocannon
7th August 2003, 07:15 PM
Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Magikarp, Ditto, Unown, Wobbuffet and Smeargle.

Name a pokemon that is fully evolved but can't get hyper beam in any legal way.

Fai D. Flowright
7th August 2003, 07:36 PM
Missy, Sneasel, Murkrow, Skarm, Mantine, Delibird, Gligar, Corsola, Shuckle, Quilfish, Farfetch'd, Girafarig, Stantler, Aipom, Heracross, Wobbuffet, Sudowoodo, Yanma, Ditto, Unown, nor Dunsparse can learn HB, but all of them are Pokemon that don't evolve (fully evolved in their cases). If you meant a Pokemon that has previous some sort of previous form that the only one is the Tyrogue Family. None of the Hitmon's can learn Hyper Beam.

My question:

What are all of Kingdra's Weaknesses and Resistences?

Hydrocannon
7th August 2003, 11:57 PM
Weak to dragon.
Resists fire (x0.25), water (x0.25), steel.

I must be losing my touch... I had the Hitmons in mind but I guess I missed a few >_< (also pokemon that have only 1 stage are fully evolved).

Smeargle is required -- as opposed to just a possibility -- to breed the move heal bell onto Snubbull and eventually Chansey. Similarly it must be involved in breeding the move ______ onto ______. And if that question is unlikable someone else can suggest another one, though I'd love it if someone got at least one of the moves that can be involved in answers.

BigBubb
9th August 2003, 10:57 AM
Reversal onto Pichu, Houndour, Miltank, and others.

Question: How many pokemon can get hidden power? I just need a number, not all the names :D

Fai D. Flowright
9th August 2003, 11:10 AM
Well, we already know that there are 9 Pokemon that can't learn any TM's (my question), and that any Pokemon that can learn TM's can learn HP. But since Smeargle can Sketch it from someone else and it's the only move Unown learn, that makes a total of 244 Pokemon that can learn HP.

A simpler question:

How many Pokemon are unavailable in G/S combined? (what I mean by "combined" is Spinarak and Ledyba are both availiable in Gold or Silver.)

Sir Chris
16th August 2003, 02:22 AM
I am going to make an almost total random guess and say 222

~ Chris

Fai D. Flowright
16th August 2003, 10:58 AM
Who's question are you replying to? My question or BB's question? Now I'm completely confusled! @_@;

Bitey
16th August 2003, 01:43 PM
Did you mean Pokemon you can't get in Gold or Silver?

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise
Omanyte/Omastar
Kabuto/Kabutops
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew
Celebi

If that's not what you meant, then the question didn't make sense.

Fai D. Flowright
16th August 2003, 03:47 PM
Yep! *hick* That be what I meant! Hyuck, Hyuck... *stops* Go ahead and throw a question at us!

Bitey
16th August 2003, 04:33 PM
The only Pokemon (I think) that learns three different attacks at the same level.

conspiracy
16th August 2003, 05:23 PM
Butterfree...

*edits* free is wrong it learns at 13, 14, 15 tho :D

crazybone
16th August 2003, 08:04 PM
How nice, I just happen to be raising a Remoraid. :d

Psybeam, Bubblebeam, and Aurora Beam at Level 22, right? Same goes for Octillery. Although Remoraid evolves at 25, a Octillery attained by a cheating device most likely, at level 22 will also learn these moves.

I didn't happen to read the beggining. What do I win? :]

Fai D. Flowright
16th August 2003, 11:03 PM
You post your own question now! It's pretty simple. Just look at some of the questions others have made and you'll pick up on the game fairly quickly!

crazybone
17th August 2003, 12:29 PM
Pfft. That's it? :d I wanted a cake. I love cake. Cake is good.

Name the Pokemon that learns moves in her movepool faster that her pre-evolution.

conspiracy
17th August 2003, 05:34 PM
Blissey learns Double-Edge 10 levels before Chansey

crazybone
17th August 2003, 05:38 PM
We have a winnar! It learns everything before Chansey... :P even Growl. Sad. :d *leaves this topic*

conspiracy
17th August 2003, 05:58 PM
lol... *starts to think of a question*

What types of moves can a baby (any kind) pokemon have when it is hatched after breeding. There are four kinds...

Fai D. Flowright
17th August 2003, 06:26 PM
Normally learned moves, moves that both the mother and father have (Level), TM/HM's that are taught to the father, and Egg moves that it can learn from the father. I think those are one's that you're looking for?

conspiracy
17th August 2003, 06:29 PM
You forgot to mention that TM/HMs have to be compatible with the baby. but correct anyways...

probationsmack
17th August 2003, 08:07 PM
what pokemon with a special move it couldnt normally get on the gameboy games (like lovely kiss politoed or seismictoss heracross) also has two of its egg moves available to be on the same moveset with said special move

that is to say you usually cant put charm on a growth espeon, becuase charm must be bred on and growth cant be bred onto baby eevees, but there are exceptions....

Sir Chris
13th September 2003, 08:27 PM
Anyone else want to give it a shot? ~_~

~ Chris

Poryhedron
13th September 2003, 09:46 PM
No clue about that last question, but here's one I like:

http://www.pokemology.com/hosting/NameThatObject.gif

What is this object? Hint: it's not the obvious answer. This was taken from a Game Boy screenshot.

Sir Chris
13th September 2003, 10:00 PM
IGNORING YOUR ADVICE I WILL SAY ITS A POKEBALL :)

Poryhedron
13th September 2003, 10:03 PM
And I will say you're wrong.

Sir Chris
13th September 2003, 10:06 PM
Is it TM 25?

Poryhedron
13th September 2003, 10:08 PM
Erm, no. I said it's taken from a game Boy screenshot. There was never a picture of a TM in the games. The closest you could get to a screenshot of TM25 was the item listed in your inventory or a pokémon using Thunder.

Sir Chris
13th September 2003, 11:28 PM
An electrode!

Poryhedron
14th September 2003, 12:11 AM
Nnnnopitynopenope.

Sir Chris
14th September 2003, 01:00 AM
A Voltorb!

Poryhedron
14th September 2003, 03:26 PM
/yawn/ Nope...

Sir Chris
19th September 2003, 08:12 PM
Fine

Magneton? its magneton right? plz be magneton

Poryhedron
22nd September 2003, 07:08 PM
Sorry I wasn't here sooner, my power supply died on me and I had to get a new one.

Nope, not Magneton. Does that really look like a Magneton to you? I mean, at all? Sure, Magneton had the Pokéball-like icon, but that pic is not the Pokéball-like icon.

Final
23rd September 2003, 03:12 AM
those pokeballs indiciating how many pokemons you have left in a battle?

or the log frame in RBY? o_o

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd September 2003, 08:15 AM
Is it a Pokéball that is being held by an opponent trainer when a battle starts? Like when a trainer battle first begina, and the trainers are on the screen before the Pokémon are released. If I am correct, the Psychic trainers are holding Pokéballs. (Actually, the Pokéballs are floating around them.)

Poryhedron
23rd September 2003, 08:33 PM
I've already said that it's not a Pokéball. That includes Pokéballs being held by any and all opponents, or in any other situation.

Bob54321
24th September 2003, 07:32 AM
Not quite a pokeball - but is it the symbol on the side of the pokemart (is there one there - I can seem to remember it but can't be bothered looking)

Poryhedron
24th September 2003, 03:56 PM
Eh, I can't be bothered looking either, but I don't think there's a symbol on the front of Pokémarts other than the one that reads MART. Just the bright blue roof.
And just in case there is one, no that's not it.

Kyl3
26th September 2003, 06:51 PM
TELL US!

Poryhedron
26th September 2003, 09:12 PM
http://www.pokemology.com/hosting/118.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you...Goldeen's eye. :) Surprise!

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 10:10 PM
Wow. That was smart.

Kyl3
27th September 2003, 10:45 AM
Uhhm... Wow.

Number1ChanseyFan
27th September 2003, 09:04 PM
Heh, I never realized that a Goldeen's eye looked a lot like a PokéBall!! That was really good, it had everybody stumped!! Good job, that was very observant of you to find that out.

Anyways, here is a question, it shouldn't be too hard...

Which Pokémon is the only Non-Normal type Pokémon that hatches from it's egg in 2560 steps?

~*If the question is a little unclear, here is a better explaination. When you get a Pokémon egg, you have to keep the egg in your lineup, and take a certain amount of steps before the egg will hatch. The number of steps that you have to take before an egg will hatch depends on the species of Pokémon that is inside of the egg. Of all the Pokémon that take 2560 steps to hatch, all of them are Normal types, except for one.*~

Bitey
27th September 2003, 10:22 PM
Pichu.

Excepting the battle tower, what is the highest-level pokemon you will encounter in-game?

ralts_mudkip
27th September 2003, 10:31 PM
originaly posted by mpq
Excepting the battle tower, what is the highest-level pokemon you will encounter in-game?Red(aka Ash)'s Pikachu (level 81)?

Number1ChanseyFan
27th September 2003, 10:37 PM
Let's see... That would be Red's Level 81 Pikachu, unless of course, you count the Trainer House in Viridian City, when you fight the trainer in the Trainer House, you fight the exact same team as the last person you Mystery Gifted with, so if you did Mytery Gift with somene that had high level Pokémon in their team, you would be fighting Pokémon that are higher leveled then Red's Pikachu!! ;) Sorry if that was a little too technical!! lol

Question: Who is the only Pokémon whose Max Stats Total (Max HP+Max Attack+Max Defense+Max Speed+Max Special Attack+Max Special Defense) is 1633?

EDIT: My answer was too late!!