PDA

View Full Version : Probably the craziest question concerning Zelda: Majora's Mask...

Meowth_Kitten
26th June 2003, 07:53 PM
Lol, hi everyone. Um, this question is rather nutty, but oh well. That's what this forum is for, right? :) My question is very simple. How the heck do you save your progess on "Zelda64: Majora's Mask"? I have looked in the start menus and can't find the save option anywhere. I tried saving it like the Ocarina of Time game progress is saved. I'm stumped! I just simply don't understand. Sorry for such a crazy and nutty question, but I'd appreciate any help at all before I turn my game off, unsaved! Thanks!

Azure Pathos-Sketchit
26th June 2003, 10:39 PM
Let's see if I remember it all. The first way of saving is by finding one of those owl statues. If its wings are closed, strike it with your sword to open them, then talk to the statue. It'll ask you if you want to save. The second way of saving, I think, is to play the Song of Time. It saves your progress and takes you back to the first day, but there are some things you might need to redo.

I'd go and check on my N64 myself.......that is, if I hadn't traded it away for store credit at Gamestop. ;o

red13n
27th June 2003, 01:44 AM
You are correct. Progress is saved at the owl statues(The only way to save at the current time), and after playing the song of time(But you will be considered saved at the start of a new timeline(Day 1), meaning there is no going back to where you were.

Duo_Washu_III
27th June 2003, 10:04 AM
if you play the song of time, be sure to put rupees in the bank before playing the song.

internal dragon
29th June 2003, 01:16 PM
And be careful not to be in the middle of a important side quest like the one to get the gillded(sp?) sword because your items (like arows,bombs and deku sticks) will leave you when you go back in time.