PDA

View Full Version : Fight If You Dare! (Ref: Needed)

SneaselReborned
27th June 2003, 06:41 PM
Open Challenge to absolutely anybody! Step right up, step right up! Come on, keep the line going! Open challenge!

Rules
-1 on 1
-I send first, you attack first
-Arena at bottom
-DQ = 72 hours
-Mirror Match (explained later)

I choose Hyanda, my female Scyther!

Basically, a mirror match is where you have to use one of the elements that my Scyther is. Basically, you can use a Bug type or a Flying type. This should be fun, shouldn't it?

The arena is a grassy field, nothing too elaborate. There is a pool there too, not too deep. Really, there isn't too much exiting in the arena. Meh.

The_Missing_Link
27th June 2003, 06:45 PM
I'll ref this, if you don't mind

SneaselReborned
27th June 2003, 06:50 PM
Sure, that would be nice! I've seen your reffings, and I must say they are quite good. Thankies!

Don't Run With Scizors
27th June 2003, 07:21 PM
Well, we never really finished our first battle, did we?

Go, Mercury! Mercury is my own male Scyther, and he's had a long history here. We'll see who's the better Blademaster.

Start off with an Agility to help you dodge whatever attacks come your way - especially the dreaded Toxic - then use your speed to spread your clones far apart so that a single Swift barrage won't wipe them all out.

Once you're set up there, Focus your Energy.

Agility, Double Team, Focus Energy

SneaselReborned
28th June 2003, 12:44 AM
Hyanda, we begin! We shall truly see who is the better blademasters, eh?

Hyanda, begin with our own Agility. Continue to follow Mercury as he speeds around the arena. Don't let him leave you. As he clones himself, they will spread out in a line. By following him, make sure that you are in line with the clones. Since the clones are now in a line, dash through them with Quick Attack or Agility, whichever you think will make it through until you hit the real Mercury and make sure your sharp blades are outstretched. Once you hit "Land", as in the real Mercury, dig your blade into his eye. Dig in it real good.

Good luck Hyanda.

The_Missing_Link
30th June 2003, 05:01 PM
Round 1

Hyanda: 100%
Agility~Quick Attack/Agility~Dig blade into eye

Mercury:100%
Agility~Double Team~Focus Energy

All is silent as two veteran trainers walk into view on opposite sides of the grassy field. A pool off to the side, the grass moves slightly as the two take out Pokeballs for a mirror match. Throwing them onto the field, both take the forms of Scythers, one female and the other male. Both taking identical fighting stances, each trainer tells them of their plans while the ref comes in on her Charizard, a vet herself or rather, a new-age vet. Briskly waving down her flag, the battle begins between the two preying mantis'. Anyone could tell this will be a fast battle, in more ways than one.

Immediately, both Pokemon set off flying around the arena, Hyanda making sure she's right behind Mercury. Not trying to dodge her at all, Mercury's goal is to just avoid any physical attacks and the nasty toxic but Hyanda is just keen on keeping up with her opponent, which she easily accomplishes. Soon stopping, the two are only separated by a couple of feet,which surely could lead to a nasty bout.

Instead of attacking though, Mercury goes on the defensive and splits into four Scyther's, all staring dangerously at Hyanda, trying to attempt her to attack. And so she does as she positions herself at the end of the left side of the clones. Kicking off with her foot, she speeds through one clone and rams into Mercury, who was right in the middle. Pushing him back a bit near his other clones, Hyanda is a tad let down that she hasn't gotten rid of all the clones yet.

With Mercury and his two clones intermingled, they spread apart once more, leaving Hyanda confused. Ignoring her completely, Mercury and his twins go into a closed state of mind, focusing on just trying to beat his opponent. Ordered to gouge the eye out of Mercury, Hyanda looks at all three and makes a quick decision. Flying towards the one in the center, she raises her scythe out and plunges it into Mercury...or who she thinks is him. Instead, her scythe plunges through a clone and sticks into the earth. Bringing it up, she watches as the clone flickers away and the other two open their eyes and chuckle quietly, her plan failing miserably:

Hyanda:100% Disappointed
Mercury:96% 1 clone, focused

SneaselReborned
30th June 2003, 05:20 PM
Blast, I was hoping for a direct hit onto the real Scyther. I wasn't really counting on the clones and the real Scyther to shift around before a focusing. Ah well, we'll live, right Hyanda?

Start off with [/b]Impressive Powers[/b] and show off your powers and cuteness and the such. If your opponent is subdued, use another Swords Dance to impress him even more. However, if he doesn't mind your impressiveness, that's a huge insult :mad:! Exert your anger with Frustration!

Impressive Powers
Swords Dance + Attract, user impresses opponent with display of strength and stuff, works best on opposite gender (duh!)

Something tells me I'm going to be killed off this round X.x.

Don't Run With Scizors
30th June 2003, 07:52 PM
Mercury, focus your energy again to throw off the effects of Hyanda's Attractive display. You know the drill... Silverhawke!

For everyone's convenience, Silverhawke is one of a Scyther's most killer combos: from an airborne position, Mercury zooms down with terrifying Agility-boosted Quick Attack speed, spearing the victim on the tips of his Steel Wings. This hasn't been the first time Mercury has turned another Scyther into a shish-kebab; Impereon's own Scyther Apollyon was on the receiving end the first time.

Focus Energy, Silverhawke (airborne Quick Attack + Steel Wing combo, spearing opponent)

The_Missing_Link
2nd July 2003, 07:43 PM
Round 2

Hyanda: 100% Disappointed
Swords Dance + Attract~Swords Dance/Frustration

Mercury:96% 1 clone, focused
Focus Energy~Quick Attack + Steel Wing

Now with a new plan in her mind, Hyanda tries to distract Mercury with her infinite beauty. Batting her eyelashes at the male Scyther, she puts on an impressive show with a tight swords dance, perfect in every way. As she comes to a stop, she eyes Mercury again, trying to lure him towards her. However, he's not paying a single bit attention to her as he's only concentrating on winning the battle again, his eyes closed and completely shut off from Hyanda. Only moments later does he open his eyes, a cool glint in his eye that shows he wants to win.

Instantly, he springs up into the air, positioning himself over Hyanda. Feeling mortally pissed off after her 2 plans failed, she goes after Mercury, flying up to join him. Not planning this at all, Mercury tries to make it quick by speeding down towards his opponent, going in an arc to meet her horizontally. Spreading his right wing out far, it glows a silvery color as both Pokemon meet. Swinging her scythes wildly, Hyanda manges to knock Mercury about a couple of times, plus getting rid of his clone. But he does the real damage and opens up a deep wound in Hyanda's abdomen, blood coming out swiftly for the moment:

Hyanda:86% Deep wound that's bleeding
Mercury:88% Scratched up a bit

The_Missing_Link
6th July 2003, 10:02 PM
Well, I went away before I realized that DRWS was DQ'ed, but now I noticed and I declare Meta the winner by DQ if he chooses to accept it

SneaselReborned
7th July 2003, 10:40 AM
Hmmm...well...erm...tough decision. This is going to be a really close match, but with the new overheads for evolving a final stage...but the good match...

ARGH ITS TOO TOUGH TO DECIDE!!!

*thinks for a few hours*

I'll give DRWS till tomorrow. If he's not there, then its DQ.

Don't Run With Scizors
7th July 2003, 11:29 AM
Sorry about that... I'm stuck at my aunt's house, which has really sucky dialup.

All right, Mercury... conjure up more widespread Double Team images and surround Hyanda with them so she'll have a hard time wiping them out with a single Swift barrage. Then, have you and all your images go in for a Wing Attack - and Hyanda won't know which to Bide or Counter! Pull back and make more images if you don't have any, but otherwise strike with another Wing Attack.

Double Team, Wing Attack, Double Team\Wing Attack

SneaselReborned
7th July 2003, 11:48 AM
Sure, sure, it's okay.

Hyanda, we are losing at the moment. However, with good planning, we can still come up on top. Wait for the Wing Attack. As he comes in, take out the clones and hurt his wings with a Swords Dance! Now, use your boosted powers to spear him with an Whitehawke (:P) combo. Spear him hard and quick, and make him feel the pain you felt yourself. Do this quick-like before Mercury can duplicate again. If you have time, finish his last set of clones by flying into the air and throwing down a barrage of shurikens. From the air, he can't surround you, and you have an easy angle to wipe out all the clones.

Swords Dance, Whitehawke, Aerial Swift

Nyah nyah, I stole your "hawke"! :P:P:P:P:P

Whitehawke
Agility or Quick Attack, blades outstretched, spears opponent upon end of blades, agility or quick attack doesn't matter, just the quick movement matters, usually draws blood

Hyanda, win or lose, I am proud of you!

Don't Run With Scizors
7th July 2003, 12:07 PM
Hey, hey, hey... that's FOUR actions: wait while Mercury Double Teams, Swords Dance, "Whitehawke", Swift. Pokémon only have so much time in a round to act, and waiting takes up that time, you know?

SneaselReborned
7th July 2003, 02:48 PM
How does waiting take up an action? I'm just anticipating an attack...its doesn't take up an action. An action is some thing.

[EDIT] Erm...you're right. DRWS, can I please change my attack commands?

SneaselReborned
7th July 2003, 05:48 PM
OmegaDonutDeux: Edit away.
DarkShenlong33: huh?
OmegaDonutDeux: Your attack post, I mean.
DarkShenlong33: oh, thnx

Okay, so new attacks.

Hyanda, I was completely wrong! However, we can change this! Begin by taking into the air and shooting down a barrage of shurikens at Mercury. Because you will be above him, your angle should be perfect in shooting down those clones! Next, if the clones are destroyed, spear Mercury with a head on Whitehawke as he comes up for a Wing Attack. However, if the clones are not destroyed, use a Swords Dance when Mercury comes in for the Wing Attack to destroy the clones and hurt Mercury's wing, maybe even disabling flight! Finish with your own clone, but make this one realistic! Medium sized sub.

Aerial Swift, Whitehawke or Swords Dance, Medium Substitute

Cmon Hyanda, we can still come out on top!

The_Missing_Link
9th July 2003, 05:08 PM
Round 3

Hyanda:86% Deep wound that's bleeding
Swift~Whitehawke/Swords Dance~Substitute

Mercury:88% Scratched up a bit
Double Team~Wing Attack~Double Team/Wing Attack

Both Scythers up in the air, Mercury brings in more clones by his side, 3 to be exact. Spreading themselves around Hyanda, she doesn't know which one is the real Mercury, something that her trainer planned wrong. Probably didn't read the last reffing closely enough :\. She decides to go for one anyway and releases a barrage of shurikens at the Scyther she thought was Mercury. She thought wrong though and the clone screeched loudly before disappearing.

Successful, Mercury rubs his scythes together rushes at Hyanda with extreme eagerness. Scared, Hyanda goes on the defensive, pulling herself in tightly and starting to swirl in mid-air. With the rest of the clones coming in at her, she turns herself into a whirling fan, blowing them away, leaving only Mercury to attack. Bringing his wing out, he slashes at the spinning Hyanda, but does nothing except putting her off balance and stopping. Seeing that she destroyed the rest of the clones, she feels content once again as Mercury realizes that he lost his army and feels perturbed.

And again, Hyanda goes on the defensive but this time, she creates a sturdy copy of herself, standing right beside her. Created to follow her movements like a clone but not attack, only defend, Mercury is even more angry at this and rushes at her again. Moving itself in front of her, the sub takes in the damage that the wing did to it. Scratched up, it is still able to take more damage than that, but neither Pokemon knows how much:

Hyanda:69% Substitute up (10%)
Mercury:84%

SneaselReborned
9th July 2003, 06:33 PM
Ah, Hyanda, I am sorry! Our plan failed, yet do not fear. We still have lots more fight left in us! My guess is that Mercury will duplicate himself once more, and we will be found helpless against it. Well, we shall mimic Mercury's plan. Duplicate yourself and surround Mercury. Your sub should also surround the enemy. If only one of you (sub and Hyanda) has duplicated, duplicate the other one if you can. If you cannot, that is okay. If you duplicated both or you cannot duplicate the other, hit Mercury with a Razor Wind. Finish by making some of your clones perform a Whitehawke. Make sure not to use all of them. Of course, if you find the Scyther spinning or something, then just use another Razor Wind.

Double Team, Double Team/Razor Wind, Whitehawke/Razor Wind

When you duplicate, make sure you surround Mercury just like he did to you.

Same Whitehawke attack as last time. QuickAttack/Agility and blades outstretched.

Don't Run With Scizors
10th July 2003, 12:26 PM
Hmmm... perhaps I should've called on Czarnina the Farfetch'd to handle these Double Team wars.

It looks like TML is going with the bodyguard Substitute version rather than the mental-blocking Substitute... we'll use that to our advantage. Mercury, use your Quick Attack speed to reach it and grapple it and hang on before Hyanda has the chance to pull off her Double Team - dig in your scythes a little bit to ensure it can't escape. Use it to block Hyanda's incoming Razor Wind while attempting to wipe out his images with another Swift.

Now, Double Team images are mindless - they rearrange themselves, spread themselves out upon creation, but they can't really be counted on to follow orders... but we'll see what TML thinks. If he does manage to get his clones to "attack" you, then wipe them out with a Swords Dance at the last minute, otherwise blow them away with a Swift or Razor Wind if they all disappear.

Quick Attack (grapple Sub), Swift (while blocking Razor Wind with Substitute), Swords Dance\Swift\Razor Wind

SneaselReborned
10th July 2003, 08:23 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! I'm going to be away for a little bit! Check out the absense tower for more details! Yay for me! Go me! Bum bum bum baa! Bum baaa!

The_Missing_Link
13th July 2003, 07:20 PM
Round 4

Hyanda:69% Substitute up (10%)
Double Team~Double Team/Razor Wind~Whitehawke/Razor Wind

Mercury:84%
Quick Attack (grapple Sub)~Swift (while blocking Razor Wind with Substitute)~Swords Dance\Swift\Razor Wind

Mercury wastes no time with a new plan in his mind. Quickly rushing at Hyanda, she thinks he's going for her and plans on using a double team, but he instead goes for her sub and sticks his scythe deep into it before she pulls off her stunt. Amazed, she still uses double team as spreads her clones around him but feels a bit dejected at the sight of her bodyguard being used by Mercury himself.

Since she can't get her former sub to clone itself, considering it doesn't have a mind of its own, she instead starts fanning her wings hard, blowing sharp winds at Mercury. He in return releases white, sharp stars at Hyanda, which he manages to take out a clone, although he does not go out without cuts as his makeshift bodyguard is destroyed midway and his forced to take in half of the damage.

With all her clones gone, Hyanda tries to force the rest of her clones to perform the whitehawke maneuver but they are mindless drones like the substitute and are only created to follow and mimic their creator's motions. Deflated, she justs watches and cringes as Mercury uses a razor wind of his own, wiping out the rest of the clones and getting her a bit also. One can only learn after this round that relying on clones is a complete waste of time and a hazard in a close battle:

Hyanda:62% Scratched up
Mercury:79% Scratched up

SneaselReborned
22nd July 2003, 03:59 PM
Right, okay, goodie.

I'm back, yet it seems DRWS is out. Then again, I haven't seen a post in the Absense Tower.

Though I trust he wouldn't let this battle die, so I'll wait a little longer.

Yeah, this post was mainly to signal I'm back.

Don't Run With Scizors
22nd July 2003, 07:24 PM
Oh, sorry. I had no idea the reffing was up. Guess I've been playing Frozen Throne a little too much.

I don't think Double Teams are totally useless yet, TML, but I know the feeling. I'm getting tired of these Double Team wars myself.

Mercury, Swagger Hyanda into letting down her defenses - there isn't much she can do to avoid listening to you. I think it would be quite painful if a Scyther tried plugging their ears with those scythes, no?

I imagine she'll be coming after you right away, so boost your Agility and duck her blows. Throw in an occasional taunt as you dodge her attacks.

Strike with Razor Winds and dodge whenever you're at a safe distance, but if she chooses to unleash her rage upon you while you... Counter it back.

Swagger, Agility (focus on dodging and the occasional taunt whenever Mercury dodges, not just during the Agility), Razor Wind\Counter

SneaselReborned
22nd July 2003, 07:56 PM
Hyanda, listen to me. We may be losing, but I trust you can recover. Begin by focusing all your strengths, and focusing on anything but the insults Mercury throws at you. Focus your Energy, and close your eyes. Do not let Mercury enrage you!

It seems the enemy wants to run away from you. Well, lets teach him! Chase him down to the ends of the earth if you must! Pursuit!

If you are near Mercury, spear through him with your blades, if not, hit him with shurikens.

Focus Energy [Closed Eyes] | Pursuit | Blade Spear / Swift

By Blade Spear I mean dig you blades into his body, preferably an area not covered by hard skin.

;_;...me wants frozen throne too...:\

The_Missing_Link
24th July 2003, 02:42 PM
Round 5

Hyanda:62% Scratched up
Focus Energy~Pursuit~Blade Spear/Swift

Mercury:79% Scratched up
Swagger~Agility~Razor Wind/Counter

Both scratched up from their scythes and breathing a bit hard, Hyanda goes into a silent mode and sits down in a meditative state while Mercury tries to push her buttons with rude gestures and insults. With her eyes closed and only focused on her winning this battle, Hyanda is unaware of Mercury's dirty tricks. In the end, he gives up and just watches Hyanda getting back up with a dirty look.

Although Hyanda isn't cheesed off, Mercury is up in the air anyway and starts to fly around the arena, trying to give off the insults at the same time. Hyanda just rolls her eyes and goes up after him, fueled by dark energy surrounding her. Quickly, she catches up and slams into Mercury, making him do a backwards tumble in the air.

Getting up quickly again, Mercury is met with a dozen bright shurikens slamming into his body. Thin cuts start to open up along his body, which angers him some. Retaliating with a fierce wind, the harsh gale opens up cuts along Hyanda's body as well, making the two seem almost identical, in appearance and emotions:

Hyanda:51% Bleeding
Mercury:64% Bleeding

SneaselReborned
24th July 2003, 05:05 PM
Not trying to start anything, but Razor Wind did 9% damage and Swift + Pursuit (while the opponent was running away as well) did only 13%. That's a little odd, but I'll stick with it.

Ah, Hyanda, last round was a nice performance, but we can do better, can't we? Yes, I think its time for Fading Mirage!

Fading Mirage
Complete dodging ability by using a large mix of double teams in agilities and other stuff like that. Basically, makes a lotta clones while spreading them apart a lot with agility and then dodging around like crazy with more agilities and stuff like that.

However, Hyanda, if for some reason Fading Mirage fails in between it or at the start, just keep up the assault with Razor Winds or Swifts/Aerial Swifts, whichever you see would make better sense. You should know when a Swift would be better than a Razor Wind, of course.

Fading Mirage / Razor Wind or Swift (Aerial Swift) Assault

C'mon Hyanda, we can't let our guard down. He may be winning, but we will fight honorably!

Don't Run With Scizors
25th July 2003, 01:45 AM
Metalakafable: Considering Razor Wind deals super-effective Flying-type (Razor Wind, you know) damage to a Bug-type Scyther, and Swift isn't a highly damaging move...

Quickly, Mercury! Zoom in on Hyanda and grapple her with your Quick Attack prowess - digging your blades into her in the process to help keep your hold, then use Curse to boost your grappling power so she won't be able to escape your grasp easily. After all, what good are those clones if you're hanging on to the real one? Continue digging your blades into her to further enhance your grip, but point-blank Razor Wind her for a little extra pain.

If somehow she does manage to escape from your grasp at any point, blast her and her images apart with your Razor Wind.

Quick Attack (grapple), Curse, Razor Wind

Subs: Razor Wind whenever Hyanda is out of Mercury's grasp

The_Missing_Link
28th July 2003, 02:57 PM
Round 6

Hyanda:51% Bleeding
Fading Mirage/Razor Wind or Swift (Aerial Swift) Assault

Mercury:64% Bleeding
Quick Attack (grapple)~Curse~Razor Wind

A bit faster than Hyanda at this point, Mercury zooms at Hyanda and digs his scythe into her body. Screaming, Hyanda struggles a bit and starts to fan her wings wildly, sending sharp bits of wind into Mercury's body. Wincing, more cuts start to appear on his body but he's still able to maintain a hold on her.

Concentrating on improving his strength and defense, Mercury starts to glow an eerie red as his stats are being raised. During this time, Hyanda desperately continues to pump her to force Mercury off of her. She can feel a bit of his scythe move back, but he still has a deadly grip on her.

Now the battle turns in a war of sharp winds as each Pokemon sends the bitings wind towards each other. At such a close range, it does much more damage and using much of her remaining strength, Hyanda is able to pull the scythe out from her body. Breathing harshly, both Pokemon have wasted much energy with the constant fanning of their wings, especially Hyanda. If they keep this up, it won't be long until one drops for good:

Hyanda:32% Exhausted, bleeding
Mercury:38% Tired, bleeding

SneaselReborned
31st July 2003, 08:16 PM
I'm thinking DRWS is on vacation, but I don't think he's posted in the Absense Tower. I dunno. Anyway, I believe he has one more day or something. Instead of 72 hours though, I'll give him 24 extra ones unless I find he's on vacation or something.

The_Missing_Link
31st July 2003, 09:11 PM
No, he's been back from vacation for a bit. I've seen him around in the early afternoon and stuff

Don't Run With Scizors
1st August 2003, 02:10 AM
Meh.

Just curious, TML, but just how often in your reffings does the battle end by fatigue? Fatigue decided the last match you refereed with me in it, so I can't help wondering if the story's repeating itself. If that's the case, you might want to consider tweaking your damage\fatigue system a bit, since having fatigue come fast results in the trainers going "relax, relax, attack, relax some more"... Kinda boring, don't you think?

But hey, that's *just* a suggestion.

Assuming that "exhausted" is worse off than "tired", we can probably expect Hyanda to relax for a bit, Mercury. Keep up your waves of Razor Winds; aim for her legs, since her blades are on her upper body and she can't possibly protect her legs all that well against them even if she tries to absorb them with her Swords Dance.

Though if she starts to glow strangely, conjure up a small Substitute to defend against what might possibly come your way, then continue your assault.

The_Missing_Link
1st August 2003, 11:50 AM
DRWS, I never reffed a battle with you as the battler before O-o You must be thinking of someone else. And I've never reffed a battle with a Pokemon going down because of fatigue. I know my system isn't perfect but no one's is. I suppose I can tweak it around a bit but nothing major will come of it. I've been reffing like this for about a year and a half and I've never heard complaints from anyone before until recently (you, Meta and Sir Chris who I'm not afraid to say are finicky battlers) so I think my system is fine just the way it is

Edit: ack, totally forgot about you versus DD. After a while, my memory forgets some of the earlier battles but I did read over the last round and the attacks clearly decided the match although fatigue did affect it some. And why I didn't put DD's last attack up in the final round, I have no idea. Just another mistake of mine

SneaselReborned
1st August 2003, 02:10 PM
Hyanda, I suppose we better just let that foolish Scyther keep spinning his wings like a madman and tire himself out. Using the same move many times in a row probably isn't the smartest of ideas. Not much to do this round, just use an Agility + Double Team to surround Mercury in such a way that one Razor Wind won't wipe out all the clones. Then just relax. If needed, reapply Double Team, but only if you have enough energy. If all goes well, Mercury will destroy himself due to fatigue. Good luck.

Agility + Double Team [surround], relax/Double Team [if enough energy]

Regardless of win or lose, I'm still proud of you, and you did very well even when fighting one of the top battlers in the league.

The_Missing_Link
4th August 2003, 09:50 AM
Round 7

Hyanda:32% Exhausted, bleeding
Agility + Double Team~Relax/Double Team

Mercury:38% Tired, bleeding
Razor Wind x3

Their wounds slowly healing, both Pokemon are still tired from the constant agilities and razor winds. Mercury opts to keep up with the sharp winds though and starts to beat his wings faster and faster. Almost immediately, Hyanda darts away and produces 3 clones of herself, all of them spreading around Mercury. One get blown away immediately though since Mercury continues to send the sharp wind.

Focusing on other clones, Mercury sends sharp winds again and is able to nab 2 more clones, which leaves Hyanda all by herself. She's feeling a bit better though and is able to bring in more clones, which she does so. As soon as they surround Mercury again though, he gets 2 of them with another razor wind. It seems Hyanda has won this round as Mercury heavily breathes from exerting himself too much with the constant razor winds:

Hyanda:30% Feeling a bit better, 1 clone
Mercury:30% Exhausted

SneaselReborned
4th August 2003, 12:48 PM
Hyanda, nice show, nice show! You did awesome! Lets give that Mercury a run for his money!

Begin with a nice Razor Wind. Don't exert yourself too much. However, if Mercury is just resting (as he probably will), then use a Pursuit to get behind him and hook him onto your blade by stabbing in. Afterwards, keep one scythe in him at all times so he can't turn around and hit him with a Slash to the head. Final note = if he begins glowing all weird like and biding your attacks, use a smallish Substitute to protect from the onslaught.

Again going with the Razor Wind planning at the start, use another Double Team + Agility combo to surround him. Of course, if you are too tired to do that, relax a little and then just Double Team.

Plan A [Mercury is not relaxing] = Razor Wind, relax / Double Team + Agility [surround], / Double Team

Plan B [Mercury is relaxing first action] = Pursuit, stick blade in (to make sure Mercury cannot move at all), Slash to head

If Bide = use smallish substitute to block the onslaught, move all commands one to the right (if plan B, ditch the slash, if Plan A Ditch the Agility, just use DT as if you had to relax)

Hopefully that's not too complicated. ><....its too complicated ><><><...tell me if you need help interpreting it...><><><

Don't Run With Scizors
5th August 2003, 02:10 AM
Don't listen to Metalakafable, Mercury. He may think you're as exhausted as TML says, but Hyanda was just as exhausted as you are last round, and she managed to get away with tiring out her poor, exhausted wings even further by pushing them to move her around even faster with her Agility.

(Yes, yes, I notice you mention that Mercury had to flap his wings even harder to use Razor Wind, but why would he need to use those when a) he can use those scythe-wings of his, which aren't flapping very hard at the moment and b) Pokémon without wings, like Feraligatr and Venusaur, can perform Razor Wind just fine? If it means anything, I happen to have a half-brother who's well-versed in kung fu-style martial arts, and he can blow out a candle with the wind from a knife-hand stroke from several feet away. Don't you think that Pokémon could possibly create a Razor Wind using a similar technique?)

On another note, how did Mercury manage to accumulate 8% more damage even when he wasn't under attack? I'm guessing it might have something to do with all the numerous nicks and cuts both he and Hyanda have, but both of them had been acting vigorously even with quite a few injuries and they didn't injure themselves that badly the same way. Comment?

We have ourselves the perfect opportunity to spring a trap, Mercury. Settle down on the ground a bit and look as if you're relaxing in order to lure Hyanda to come after you with her Pursuit energies. But as she nears, surprise her with a behind-the-back Double Team - leave just one image in your place (no need to stress yourself making any more; besides, any more might tip her off) and let her eat it up while you zip around from behind and backstab her without her realizing it, using your weight to help you pin her down with her blades so you won't have to exert yourself so much. (Yes, I know I mentioned that waiting usually requires an action, but Mercury only needs to wait long enough for Hyanda to start attacking, and if his waiting somehow carried on into the next action, then so should Hyanda's attack. Besides, Double Team doesn't take too long to perform anyhow.)

Use another Curse to enhance your physical prowess even further so Hyanda will have to struggle even harder to escape your grip. Twist your blades slightly to burrow them in further as you do so, just slightly, so it doesn't really qualify as having to take up another action.

Double Team (see above for details), backstab pin, Curse

The_Missing_Link
7th August 2003, 04:54 PM
The 8% is part of the fatigue factor, which I explained before but it's a messy thing to work with and I plan to change it immediately. The reason I'm not posting a reffing though is because I asked Karin to take over the rest of the battle. I can tell that neither of you cared for my reffings and I'm terribly tired of hearing 1 complaint or another from either of you. Karin is a much better ref than I am anyway and I know you'll respect her judgement a lot more than mine

Good day to you both

Charizard04621
7th August 2003, 05:49 PM
An apt battler can make complicated commands easy to comprehend. Now, let's see...

Hyanda: 30%, 1 clone, feeling a bit better, exhausted
Mercury: 30%, exhausted

Round 8

Panting, Hyanda eyes her opponent warily to predict his course of action... The Scyther closes his eyes and sighs, apparently preparing to loosen up and relax. Ah, but Hyanda won't let that happen! Dark energy seeps out of her body, surrounding her completely while she gets ready to chase down her prey. It seems to occur to her that this is not really going to be much of a chase at all; her opponent is just flying in place, after all. This isn't really the right course of action suited for her purposes... But no matter. She darts forward anyway, pulling away from Mercury as she is drawn to him by the dark energy and swerving around to his back... Mercury, meanwhile, has been facing a predicament: two glowing black Scythers are flying towards him from different directions. He makes a quick decision, choosing the one on his left and leaving a mirror image in his place as he jerks behind his chosen target...

Simultaneously, both Scythers let out an anguished scream as their targets crumble into nothingness. Neither of them had counted on the other's mirror images... They glare at each other and frown skeptically, looking around to see if perhaps there are any more mirror images hiding around somewhere.

Mercury then proceeds to ignore Hyanda, focusing inwards and tapping into his reserves of physical strength... He feels his body pulsing with power, feels stronger, less fragile, more sturdy. Hyanda will get it later... But at that precise moment, the other Scyther digs her scythe into the back of his head, coming off with crimson blood dripping down her blade...

Hyanda: 30%, critically fatigued
Mercury: 17%, bleeding, enhanced physical prowess, exhausted

SneaselReborned
13th August 2003, 01:49 AM
Okay, now this is getting ridiculous. Unless somewhere DRWS has posted of his absense (which I do not see) I am officially DQing him and taking an evo/catch. I mean, cmon, he has had long enough.

Care to certify the DQ?

Charizard04621
13th August 2003, 11:36 AM
Eheh, speaking of taking a ridiculously long time to post in battles...

Anyway, DRWS has been busy at school. In fact, he's at the nasty place right now, ha!

But go ahead and take your DQ if you want to.

[Off topic] I wish you'd have posted more often in Prodigy's battle so I could have got more rounds out of the way during the summer, but now it's too late. You'll just have to deal with scarcer reffings. [/Off topic]

SneaselReborned
14th August 2003, 12:40 AM
Oh, his school has already started? Ick, I know how that is. I'll postpone the DQ until whenever he can post.

Don't Run With Scizors
20th August 2003, 01:21 AM
Grace under fire, Mercury. Stem your wound's blood flow while taunting Hyanda into using the last of her energy reserves. Once you've provoked her enough for her to attack, use your Double Team images to distract her while overpowering her with your physical prowess. Do what you need to do to bring her down, but mostly I want you to deal as much damage as possible while preventing her from making an effective counterattack... pin her, cripple her wings, inflict numbing pain - as long as you're the one left standing on the battlefield.

Swagger (until success), Double Team as necessary, Wing Attack variations

SneaselReborned
20th August 2003, 01:02 PM
Hyanda, just laugh at the foolish Mercury. Close your eyes and relax your mind. How does the Scyther think he is on the advantage? Hah, we are beatin him by a long shot! Just relax a little and don't mind that stupid Scyther, we'll make him pay later for being a dunce.

Now that we're all relaxed and calmed, use Swift/Reversal as necessary until Mercury faints. I trust you can do this well, eh Hyanda? Swift to take away DT images, and then Reversal him when you can to take him out! Good luck Hyanda, and after this match, win or lose, I'm proud of you!

Relax [close eyes][laugh at mercury b/c we are winning], Swift/Reversal as necessary

Cmon Hyanda, we can do it!

Voronwer (Dragonair M): Yeah, do it for me too, so then I can become an 00ber Dragonite! Whee!

--;;

Charizard04621
20th August 2003, 07:30 PM
Hyanda: 30%, critically fatigued
Mercury: 17%, bleeding, enhanced physical prowess, exhausted

Round 9

While Hyanda closes her eyes and tries to focus, Mercury's distracting taunting etches a wavering frown on her face. She does not appreciate the "Ooh, coward! Coward! Slacker!" comments coming from the other Scyther. Nevertheless, she strains to remain calm, by her trainer's encouragement, knowing that the match is almost over, and she will be ripping the head off of her annoying opponent soon anyway.

When she opens her eyes, three Mercurys grin back at her smugly. Argh, that is it. Hyanda roars, launching spinning ninja stars at the three... Two immediately vaporize, leaving the real one behind.

Mercury pants, eyeing Hyanda warily... This is the final stretch, and they both know it. The blood on the back of the injured Scyther's head begins to trickle down his neck, and he feels cold... weak... dizzy... He doesn't have enough time to block Hyanda's assault, and she comes upon him, trying her best to put all her energy into her strike... But it is too tiring, and her blows land slowly and laboriously... Mercury strikes his assailant with his wing, and she does not have the strength to get up. The remaining Scyther sags, too weary to even smile.

Hyanda: KOed
Mercury: Barely victorious, but victorious nonetheless

A note... If Hyanda was "winning by a long shot", Reversal, which already takes effectiveness penalties, wouldn't have done much damage at all. It's supposed to be taken advantage of when the user is in dire straits compared to its opponent... Mercury was like, bleeding on the back of the head, and Hyanda didn't have a scratch that was close to as bad as his nasty gash.

Anyway, good game, both of you.

SneaselReborned
20th August 2003, 07:43 PM
Good show, Hyanda, you did perfectly. Even though this battle is over, I will hopefully be getting another rematch with DRWS sometime in the future! It will be your time to shine, Hyanda!

*recalls Hyanda and leaves*