PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Challenge.Ref needed...

EvileSquirrel17
27th June 2003, 07:40 PM
(Edit) Took out useless whining crap for an easy read.

O.k ..Here we go.Rules

Rules:No evolved Pokemon
No recovery moves like Rest or Recover (Things like Giga Drain Excluded)
No more than using 1 Substitute attack
Two V.S Two (One Pokemon out per player)
D.Q:75 hours after we get a ref.

Battleground:A grassy meadow with a stream in the middle,a blunt rock pilliar on each side.The Stream is 6 feet in diameter and 7 feet deep.The rocks are 7 Feet tall and 11 feet in diameter.Each have a small 3x3 indent on the top.

I choose first:I call my male Bulbasaur!Boo Boo!!

Now AllI need is a ref...Uh..ne volunteers??
:D

The Muffin Man
27th June 2003, 09:27 PM
I'll ref this, if ya like.

EvileSquirrel17
28th June 2003, 06:34 AM
Sure,Thanks!

EvileSquirrel17
28th June 2003, 02:29 PM
Somebody batlle me..Please?

EvileSquirrel17
29th June 2003, 01:08 PM
So,No one will battle me?Are you that afraid?I'm just a noob...

Yumemiru
29th June 2003, 02:45 PM
A lot of people have full battles slots. Be patient; someone will accept your challenge soon, I'm sure.

EDIT: By the way...

In your sig, replace "Here http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs123.png" with the following:

{img}http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs123.png{/img}

Then replace the { }'s with [ ]'s.

Now you'll have the actual picture of Zangoose rather than just a link to it.

Hexae
30th June 2003, 10:38 AM
I accept your challenge! I choose Gaio! (Aerodactyl M). Alright Gaio, I want you to start out with an agility in midair, and set off a double team. Then dive down in a sky attack. Good luck!

EDIT: Thank you ASHarris, I just read that in the rules just now and was about to edit. ^_^

Yumemiru
30th June 2003, 10:44 AM
EvileSquirrel17 posted Bulbasaur first, so you attack first, Hexae.

EvileSquirrel17
30th June 2003, 11:08 AM
Boo Boo launchSweet Scent to slow him down after his agility.Then use Razor Leaf to cut through his clones.When he uses Sky Attack Dig underground.

Sweet Scent~Razor Leaf~Dig

EvileSquirrel17
1st July 2003, 05:44 PM
Bump* Ref?

The Muffin Man
2nd July 2003, 09:36 PM
ROUND 1...BULBASAUR VS AERODACTYL! BEGIN!!

Full Charge - *bad voice over* And tonight, we will be bringing you Iron Chef like commentary!
Strykaa - Yes! And to bring you some pointless commentary before and after matches it is I! Who are the challenges today?
Mike - -_-;;; It's Boo Boo the Bulbasaur, male, and Gaio the Aerodactyl, also male...Battlers! Call first attacks!!

Hex - Alright Gaio, I want you to start out with an agility in midair, and set off a double team. Then dive down in a sky attack. Good luck!

Evile - Boo Boo, launch Sweet Scent to slow him down after his agility. Then use Razor Leaf to cut through his clones. When he uses Sky Attack, Dig underground.

And the Pokemon have their orders! Gaio snarls and lets out a screech as he tears across the sky at amazing speeds! Boo Boo, who is not to be intimidated, wafts out a delightful oder, arching the pink dust up to Gaio's nose. Boo Boo growls and snarls as Gaio zips right through!
Strykaa - It seems that Gaio is moving far too fast to stop and smell the roses!
Full Charge - Hahaha!

...Anyway, Bulbasaur hunkers down and takes careful aim, as Gaio appears to be replicating at an alarming rate. Although only 4 Gaio's appear to be there...one of them HAS to be real. Bulbasaur makes an almost fatal mistake...! He aims at only one, closes is eyes and...he hits!! The other clones phase out, now that Gaio has no use for them, seeing as the obvious cut on his wing gives it away...Gaio charges power into his wings as Bulbasaur scrambles around. He does not know this 'Dig' attack! What was wrong with his trainer!?!? Bulbasaur sits and prepares for the Sky Attack, as the blazing Phoenix slams into Bulbasaur hard, sending him rolling across ground, Gaio perching with his fingers folded near by...

After battle stats:
Bulbasaur, Boo Boo - 89%, a bit tired.
Aerodactyl, Gaio - 91, Wing stings a bit, breathing deep to avoid fatiguing too fast.

Strykaa and Full Charge, both males - Annoying their trainer with their Iron Chef commentator gig ¬¬;

EvileSquirrel17
2nd July 2003, 10:26 PM
So you know:Bulbasaur does dig in the anime which is what this is based on but whatever can't help that.

O.k start it off by running next to one of the rocks,if he attacks hide in the top of it.Otherwise use a SLeep Powder if in range.If not a Razor Leaf.Next Razor Leaf possibly again.

Run to rock~Sleep Powder/Razor Leaf~ Razor Leaf

Good luck bud:wave: :D :P

The Muffin Man
3rd July 2003, 10:46 AM
Well, Bulbasaur has never used the Dig attack I believe. And besides, I go only by attacks they learn in the 3 sets of games(All must exist in GSC/RBY of course, so no, Bulbasaur cannot use Bullet Seed :p)

Hikaru
3rd July 2003, 10:54 AM
From "Bulbasaur... the Ambassador!" :

A few tense moments pass as the people and the Pokemon push the boulder away. Bulbasaur emerges from the ground underneath where it was, unharmed. The Professor says that it must have quickly burrowed into the ground. Tracey doesn't think that Bulbasaur was capable of learning the Dig move, but Oak says that often in a crisis people can access skills they didn't know they had.

http://pokedream.com/anime/episodes/masterq/223.shtml

Prodigy
3rd July 2003, 11:04 AM
2) Pokémon can use any of their naturally learnt, bred-on, TM\HM, animé (ones that Pokémon have demonstrated they can accomplish in the animé), or RBYGSC moves learned in Ruby\Sapphire but NOT New York Pokémon Center moves, or moves obtained from any such Pokémon Center. Keep in mind that Pokémon can also improvise various moves here. Hidden Power is currently banned due to balance issues.

EDIT: Well, there's Mozz with an answer.

(Incidentally, "attacks they learn in the 3 sets of games" also precludes equally legal Stadium-learned moves.)

The Muffin Man
3rd July 2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Well, Bulbasaur has never used the Dig attack I believe. And besides, I go only by attacks they learn in the 3 sets of games(All must exist in GSC/RBY of course, so no, Bulbasaur cannot use Bullet Seed :p)

Does it hurt to be such a jerk sometimes? I mean seriously, it's a bit hard to believe Evile contacted both the two people who want both me and Deck Knight to have a living hell in the ASB to come and look at my reffing and totally ignore my explination.

and Stadium is part of the 3 game set.

Yumemiru
3rd July 2003, 11:38 AM
Sorry Mike, but you can't make up your own rules. Prodigy has already outlined ours, so I won't bother. Moves shown in the animé are legit, and you don't have the authority to say otherwise. Bulbasaur can Dig.

Hikaru
3rd July 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
I mean seriously, it's a bit hard to believe Evile contacted both the two people who want both me and Deck Knight to have a living hell in the ASB to come and look at my reffing and totally ignore my explination.

Want to make your life in ASB a living hell, no. But I do obtain a certain satisfaction, given your views on me and my conspiracy-laden attack list.

EvileSquirrel17
3rd July 2003, 12:11 PM
Wow.Never thought a "note:" would cause so much trouble.It's no prob I'm just saying it can although I also respect Mike when he says Bulbasaur can't Dig because you'd have had to have seen that specific episode to know since it is not in Bulbasaurs move list.Be assured not all of us watch the anime every day if ever.I am sorry for this commotion and hereby put a stop to it.This is a battle thread not a disscussion on what moves are legal.If you disagree go somewhere else and argue.

Yumemiru
3rd July 2003, 12:19 PM
Mike made a mistake. Making mistakes is fine. Refusing to fix mistakes or refusing to follow official rules is not fine. Mike needs to fix the mistake.

Even if you don't watch the animé, there are plenty of resources (including people right here in this ASB) that can clarify whether or not a move was used. You can't just say "Well, I'm not going to ref animé moves as being legal!" because you perhaps don't watch the animé.

A reref isn't necessary, though. You could probably just edit in the change.

Hexae
3rd July 2003, 01:31 PM
What I miss when my internet's down. o_o.

Anyways, good job Gaio, I want you to use that gained aerial speed and try to catch Bulbasaur before he reaches that rock! If you catch him, grab him and slam him to the ground with a Take Down, then fire a toxic. If you don't catch Boo-Boo, fly up into the air high above him and shoot down a fire blast to incinerate those leaves and hopefully char that pokemon.

Try and catch Bulbasaur -> Take Down/Fly up high -> Toxic/Fire Blast

The Muffin Man
3rd July 2003, 07:28 PM
the reffing stays as is. Notice Prof.Oak in the anime said in times of CRISIS...A battle is something Bulbasaur expects, not a crisis.

EvileSquirrel17
3rd July 2003, 07:46 PM
I don't care about the old reffing I just want the new reffing soon.

Yumemiru
4th July 2003, 11:37 AM
Well, since the battlers wish to continue the battle as is, I won't continue this 'discussion' here.

The Muffin Man, read my post (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=279000#post279000) to you in the Reffing Tower. You should reply to me there and not here.

On a side note, since neither battler cares whether or not the first round is reffed according to our rules, a re-ref or editing of the ref will not be demanded. But that's only because the battlers here said so, not because of the referee's excuses.

But if only one battler changes their mind and wishes to have the first round done fairly, it must be changed.

I, personally, would prefer to see it changed.

Hexae
4th July 2003, 12:24 PM
It's kind of obvious on what my opinion on a re-reffing is, seeing as dig would most likely cause Bulbasaur so evade my Aerodactyl's attack, otherwise giving him the edge, but I suppose that anyone winning by any margin would not be overly willing to change the circumstances so that they are at a disadvantage. Basically, I'm neutral, seeing that the round could be changed drastically enough to turn the tides due to a reffing error not the fault of our own, but understanding that EvileSquirrel probably feels 'ripped off.' If you wish for it to be re-reffed ASHarris, it's fine with me really. As long as this battle gets going, heh.
:wave:

Yumemiru
4th July 2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Hexae
seeing as dig would most likely cause Bulbasaur so evade my Aerodactyl's attack

Not necessarily. That would depend on TMM's interpretation.

Anyway, this battle isn't suspended or anything just because of this little 'Bulbasaur digging' debate. TMM is free to ref the next round whenever he feels like it.

EvileSquirrel17
5th July 2003, 09:36 PM
Bump Ref??

Hexae
9th July 2003, 11:46 AM
Just a friendly reminder in case TMM forgot. ^^

EvileSquirrel17
10th July 2003, 09:10 PM
Um...Maybe we could get a sub-ref unless TMM Posts soon.Hexae if you agree please post.

Mindprobe
11th July 2003, 01:31 PM
I'd be more than glad to sub-ref...

Hexae
11th July 2003, 01:40 PM
Go ahead, Mindprobe. :)

EvileSquirrel17
11th July 2003, 02:05 PM
I agree.Go for it Mindprobe

Mindprobe
13th July 2003, 01:15 PM
Sub reffage...

Pre Battle

BooBoo (M, Bulbasaur): 89%
Go to rock ~ Sleep Powder / Razor Leaf ~ Razor Leaf

Gaio (M, Aerodactyl): 91% | Wing stings abit
Catch Bulbasaur ~ Take Down / Fly Up ~ Toxic / Fire Blast

Round Two

At the start of the second round, the small grass pokemon runs towards a rock. Gaio sees this and dives down. For BooBoo's surprise, the alrge dragon-like pokemon catches him with his foot.

BooBoo panic and released a blue powder cloud from his bulb. Gaio sneezes twice and accidently releases BooBoo from his touch. The powder went in Gaio's nose and made him sneeze couple of times.

BooBoo fell on the ground hard, but got up eventually. He released a bunch of razor sharp leaves. The leaves cut in Gaio's flesh and made the wounds bleed abit, but not much. Meanwhile, Gaio felt a little sleepy, but focused on his last attack. A ball of fire grew in Gaio's mouth. He turned around to BooBoo and launched the ball, which soon formed into a form of X. However, the powder in Gaio's veins, distracted the aim. BooBoo was able to move from the way abit, but only abit. The raging flames burnt BooBoo, especially his bulb.

End Battle

BooBoo (M; Bulbasaur): 76% | Burnt from bulb
Gaio (m, Aerodactyl): 83% | Wing sting abit | Feeling rather tired

Hexae
14th July 2003, 03:47 PM
Go for the reckless route, Flamethrower all round.

EvileSquirrel17
14th July 2003, 04:00 PM
Start with Double Team.Next use Toxic if he is in range.If not use Razor Wind .After that use Toxic if in Range Or Razor Wind if not.

Double Team x2~Toxic/Razor Wind~Toxic/Razor Wind

Mindprobe
16th July 2003, 10:38 AM
Pre Battle

Gaio (m, Aerodactyl): 83% | Wing sting abit | Feeling rather tired
Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

BooBoo (M; Bulbasaur): 76% | Burnt from bulb
Double Team ~ Razor Wind / Toxic ~ Razor Wind / Toxic

Round Three

BooBoo quickly created three clones beside it. Gaio had to rub his eyes few times before realizing that he's not hallucinating, BooBoo used double team attack. Gaio shot a flamethrower at the small grass pokemon. The, rather wide spread, attack whiped out two clones at the time. A giant sweatdrop dropped down from BooBoo's forehead.

Before BooBoo could react, Gaio released another flamethrower. Bulbasaur, with his last clone remaining, tried to evade it, but it wasn't wroth trying. The flames raged on BooBoo and burnt him abit. Boo launched a razor sharp beam like wind. The razor sharp parts of the beam ripped Gaio's flesh, but didn't do as much as damage as expected.

Gaio ignored the cut wounds on his body, since they were so small, they didn't hurt him much. Gaio released yet, another flamethrower at BooBoo, which, yet again, burnt him and the bulb on his back. Booboo repeated the same attack as before, razor wind. The attack didn't do any incredible damage on Gaio. Being a part rock (o.O), Gaio withstands normal type attacks in a weird way. However, Gaio's eyes started to slumber more and it was rather difficult from him to open them after closing.

End Battle

Gaio (m, Aerodactyl): 72% | Wing sting abit | Feeling quite tired

BooBoo (M; Bulbasaur): 40% | Burnt from bulb

EvileSquirrel17
16th July 2003, 11:34 AM
I want to be just a bit rash...Start with Sunny Day..
Next use SOLARBEAM X2

Sunny Day~Solarbeam x2

Hexae
17th July 2003, 09:49 AM
Time to meet firepower with firepower. :D

The sunny day will help you, start off with an Agility to zoom around in the air and confuse BooBoo. Maybe that'll help against the drowsiness. Then block both solar beams with dual Fire Blasts.

Mindprobe
19th July 2003, 10:45 AM
My modem betrayed me again. I must re-do the reffing, but I'm not in mood of it. Please hold on for an hour or two or more...

The Muffin Man
19th July 2003, 03:28 PM
No problem, Mind. It's taken 6 hours, I'll take over this. Don't worry about it.

The Muffin Man
19th July 2003, 03:50 PM
BTW Mindprobe - 12% average damage flamethrower when it's SE from an Aerodactyl is a bit low o.o;

ROUND 3!?!?...BEGIN!
Arbok - This is the start of round three! The combatants have been given their orders, let's listen in!

Evile - I want to be just a bit rash...Start with Sunny Day..
Next use SOLARBEAM X2
Hexae - The sunny day will help you, start off with an Agility to zoom around in the air and confuse BooBoo. Maybe that'll help against the drowsiness. Then block both solar beams with dual Fire Blasts.

Alright folks here are the pre-battle stats!

Gaio (m, Aerodactyl): 72% | Wing sting abit | Feeling quite tired

BooBoo (M; Bulbasaur): 40% | Burnt from bulb

As you can see, Bulbasaurs NOT in the best of conditions at the moment! But Aerodactyls yawning, and nursing his wing...Here come the first attacks!

Bulbasaur puts his nose into the air and lets out a fierce shriek! The clouds part as the shrill voice summons the sun, intensifying the suns brilliant rays 2 fold! Aerodactyl guards it's eyes as it tries to pick up speed, but the wing it left to fly on is the sorer of the two...Aerodactyl quickly extends his wings and looks down, snarling at Bulbasaur, who takes a stance.

Bulbasaur arches his back and lifts his legs into the air slowly to angle the beam just right. He quickly charges solar energy, almost OVERflowing with this immense increase in light! Bulbasaur takes careful aim, but so does Aerodactly...Bulbsaur blasts the beam at Aerodactyl, who cockily rears back his head, flames licking the lips of this dinosaur, as embers spill from his teeth, the Fire Blasts incinerating kanji spills forth and barrels through the Solar Beam. Unfortunetly, Solar Beams constant stream of energy soon overcomes the quick burst.

Aerodactly snarls and this time, prepares his attack first, releasing Fire Blast with a ferocious roar, a trail of flames streaming behind it, as another solar beam connects. Aerodactyl, having had more time to power his Fire Blast, finally overcomes the Solar Beam, which was not "overcharged" due to the sun, this time...Bulbasaur winces and braces as the "Big" kanji strikes and blasts the poor little dinosaurs bulba. He weakly tries stand, but falls face down in the dirt. He looks up, and sees the bloating Aerodactyl holding it's wing. Apparently the Solar Beam hadn't been pushed BACK...only off course...Bulbasaurs eyes shut as it no longer has the strength to go on...

Bulbasaur - KOed. Please call out next Pokemon.
Aerodactyl - 55%(Solar Beam hit, as well as fall)Wing is in serious pain, wide awake NOW...cannot fly with left wing.

EvileSquirrel17
20th July 2003, 06:13 PM
Sigh..I am sorry to say that I will be in Indianna until next Monday or Tuesday so don't D.Q me.Sorry for any problems this may cause.

The Muffin Man
1st August 2003, 01:14 PM
Evile, you have TWO DAYS(75 hours) to get in here and continue, or you will be DQed. You said you'd be gone for a week or so. You have until sunday at 12:00...

EvileSquirrel17
1st August 2003, 01:25 PM
Urk..I will call Takias,My Male Dratini.

Blizzard~Blizzard~DragonBreath

Hexae
1st August 2003, 01:29 PM
Actually, it has already expired, and I had just typed up my reply requesting my win five minutes ago. He/she indicated he'd be back Tuesday, and it is now Friday, which is three days. Plus of course the three hours that add to 75. :\

EvileSquirrel17
1st August 2003, 01:32 PM
Um...O.k...I lost this topic so I couldn't post..I don't care though..So ..Congrats?

Hexae
1st August 2003, 01:38 PM
Oh.. I was expecting a complaint if anything. I have another battle ready to take up this new slot, so if it's alright we could have a rematch someday in the future when we're both free? :)

*shakes hands*

I'll take my 1 yen, and catch a Stantler please.