PDA

View Full Version : Open 1 on 1 Ref = T_M_L

Wolfsong
27th June 2003, 10:31 PM
1 on 1
Arena: a smiple clearing with a small pond in the middle of it.
You choose first
I attack first
1 week DQ
Ref =T_M_L

Any takers?

Sir Chris
27th June 2003, 10:43 PM
Sure, why not. I am bored and having three battles would be fun =]

Go uhh.what did I name this? ;..;...*trhinks..loki..?* err..

Go, Slowpoke!

also, ph33r ;x

~ Chris

Wolfsong
27th June 2003, 10:56 PM
Slowpoke huh. *thinks*
Ayla: Can i battle?
Not this time. I'm gonna give my little meowth a shot. This will be her first battle. *Oliver emergers to watch the battle.*

Nala, i choose you! *releases a female meowth.

Ok, I want you to start off double team. Then I want you to use an icy wind to slow that slowpoke down even more. Lastly finish with shadow ball

Double Team ~ Icy Wind ~ Shadow Ball

Nala:I'll do my best

Sir Chris
27th June 2003, 11:26 PM
Ok, You are going to a cat, I think slowpoke is going to have some fun on his hands

Slowpoke, start off by using your rain dance to shower the field in water, get the little kitty wet, I am sure it won't like that. Now, after the clones disapear in the rain use a thunder wave quickly to par it. Finally, Summon a tide from that pond and use a surf on that meowth!

Rain dance~Thunder Wave~ Surf

The_Missing_Link
29th June 2003, 02:24 PM
Round 1

Nala: 100%
Double Team~Icy Wind~Shadowball

Slowpoke:100%
Rain Dance~Thunderwave~Surf

Tired, so tired. As the 2 trainers come forth on opposite sides into the clearing, the ref leans back in her chair and starts to sleep on this cloudless day. Her Jolteon out to keep her company, he shakes his head shamefully as his master rests without noticing the trainers releasing their Pokemon. On one side is a young female Meowth, named after her trainer. Out of the other Pokeball is a Slowpoke, looking blandly at his opponent with no interest on his face whatsoever. Their attacks already been given out, Tahoma the Jolteon grabs the flag from his trainer's hand and waves it wildly to acknowledge the start of the battle.

Going straight on the defensive, Nala quietly sits in one place, staring atentively at her opponent. At first there is 1 Meowth, but in a flash Nala makes 3 more copies of herself. Now 4 Nala's are staring at Slowpoke, their tails happily thumping against the grass. Still staring at the Nalas, Slowpoke slowly looks up at the sky. Surrounded by an eerie blue glow, he continues to look up as clouds from nowhere start to build up. Thunder crashing in the distance, bits of rain start to drop down from the sky. Soon, a downpour ensues, causing Nala to glare at Slowpoke irritatingly as her fur gets soaked and her clones disappear instantly.

Although annoyed, Nala still goes on with her attack plan and opens her mouth. Releasing a blast of icy shards, they slam into Slowpoke, pushing him back a bit. Due to his delayed reaction time and the fact that ice doesn't hurt him, he doesn't seem to notice that he's been hit. On the contrary, he seems a bit amused as he crackles a bit using his hidden store of electric energy. Sending out a long blue line of electricity, it slams into Nala, causing her to moan as she tenses up on the spot. Her muscles soon relax though, letting her go back to her attacking plan although paralysis could kick in at any moment.

This time around, Slowpoke starts to attack first and slowly moves into the water. Swimming into the middle, he starts to concentrate. Nala starts to attack to, building up a ball of ghostly energy right in front of her. Starting to rise on the water, he starts to move forward, attempting to drown Nala. The young Meowth won't have it though and sends the ball upwards with a smack of her paw. Hurling into Slowpoke, it sends him flying backwards into the water. Causing a huge splash, he remains underneath for a minute before rising up, not seeming to realize that his plan went awry:

Nala:100% Paralyzed
Slowpoke:90% In the water

Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

Sir Chris
30th June 2003, 02:54 AM
boo :O. bad kitty :[

Fine, then lets change things up a bit

This time, I want you to use your psychic powers to throw that cat into the water with you!Next, if the cat is in the water use a tackle to knock it further into depths, if the cat is still on land, use your psychic powers to drag it forward. Finally, finish up with an underwater psychic to force into the bottom o f the lake

Psychic powers to throw it into water~tackle/Psychic powers to throw cat in water if it is not yet in the water~psychic

~ Chris

Wolfsong
30th June 2003, 09:18 AM
Ok, Nala, I want you to start out with two faint attacks. Hopefully, when youre enveloped with the dark energy, it will be hard for the slowpoke to psychic you into the lake. Then make sure you aren't in the pool, and finish with a thunder.

Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack ~ Make sure not in pool and thunder

The_Missing_Link
1st July 2003, 07:48 PM
Round 2

Nala: 100% Paralyzed
Faint Attack x2~Thunder

Slowpoke:90% In the water
Psychic x3

The rain pouring steadily upon the 2 Pokemon, Slowpoke slowly bobs up and down in the water, eyeing Nala. Glowing a bright purple, he tries to throw Nala into the water, a strategic move that could be an advantage for him. But the young feline has other plans and disappears from sight, cloaked by severe darkness that prevails over Slowpoke's psychic prowess. Seeing he won't be able to do anything, he gives up and Nala comes back into view, satisfied with her work.

Trying again to throw her in, the same purple aura surrounds Slowpoke as he tries to grasp his opponent. Yet again though, Nala resists his powers by using her dark powers from within to disappear from view and not be able to be thrown into the chilly waters. And again, Slowpoke gives up on trying as Nala comes back soon after.

Now able to strike Slowpoke, Nala starts to spark with electricity but paralysis comes up at the wrong time and takes over her body. Wailing in anger, Nala is pissed by being unable to move and the fact that Slowpoke is now lifting her up into the air. Slamming her down into the water as hard as he can, Nala goes under and is still briefly paralyzed but soon regains her ability to move and quickly surfaces. Perturbed by being even more wet than usual, Nala vows for revenge on the dopey Pokemon right next to her:

Nala:92% Paralyzed, in the water
Slowpoke:86%

Rain Dance for 2 more rounds

Wolfsong
1st July 2003, 10:46 PM
Nice work Nala. Sorry about the paralysis. Ok, I want you to continue with the faint attacks. It has worked well for you. However, only if somehow you are unable to use it, then i want you to make a small substitute and finish with shadow ball.

Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack/Small Substitute ~ Faint Attack/Shadow ball

Sir Chris
1st July 2003, 11:27 PM
Um excuse me, I would like to argue the reffing. I am sure you are a good ref, but um I will argue that the meowth would be "cloaked in darkness" I would like a second opinion :X

~ Chris

Shadow Djinn
2nd July 2003, 12:59 AM
Erm..not too intrude but here's the entry from the attack list beta

Faint Attack: The user turns invisible and moves silently to attack a target by surprise. Attacks directed at the user are far less likely to succeed, since sight does not help a bit. The move is difficult to defend against due to the fact that the user can take a little extra time to attack from a poorly defended angle when the victim is not expecting it without so much risk of being attacked itself. Low damage. Excellent accuracy.

Faint Attack allows the user to become invisible and it is a dark attack..I think it should be " cloaked in darkness"....she should be cloaked in something to be invisible. Those are my thoughts. *runs off*

The_Missing_Link
2nd July 2003, 08:34 AM
--; Cloaked in darkness is my other version of becoming invisible

The outcome would still be the same even if I reworded it

Sir Chris
2nd July 2003, 09:42 AM
I dont see how ^_^;, I mean, psychic powers pay little attention to actual sight in itself.. I mean, are still open to an attack, also, since it attacked, it has to reappear, giving poke PLENTY of time to use psychic powers, was it STILL "cloaked in darkness"? ALSO, wow! how can a meowth swim? last time I checked,
meowth couldnt swim! so if it struggled in the water, it wolud go deeper ~_~
~ Chris

Sir Chris
2nd July 2003, 01:52 PM
Ok, everything is OK now and me and TML are going to be married on july 23rd, yay ^_^

Anway, time is money and money is going to the wedding fun(I am funny, ;x) anyway slowpoke, go to the bottom of the pond, fi the cat wishes tof ollow, then it will not be fun for it ^_^

Next, use amnesia on it, silly faint attacker =|

Now finally, fromt he depths, hurl a swift at it.

~dive deep~amnesia~ swift

~ Chris

The_Missing_Link
3rd July 2003, 06:15 PM
Round 3

Nala: 92% Paralyzed, in the water
Faint Attack~Faint Attack/Small Substitute~Faint Attack/Shadow ball

Slowpoke:86% In the water
Dive Deep~Amnesia~ Swift

As one of the battlers tries to come on to the ref, Nala continues to thrash wildly in the water. Cats can swim, but they positively hate it. For now though, Nala has to stay in and disappears from sight, although no one knows where she's going to go. Instead of attacking, Slowpoke instead goes below the surface and watches Nala reappear from below. All this while, the ref's Jolteon snarls at her pursuer and shocks him greatly with a thunderbolt. Defeated, he goes back to his side to cheer his Slowpoke on.

Asked to use her faint attack to hurt Slowpoke, Nala can't find Slowpoke and is resolved to make a copy of herself. Concentrating, a figure of herself appears right next to her, in the same position as she is. Making little sound below, Slowpoke concentrates himself and tries to pull the knowledge of substitute away from Nala. Feeling something being tugged out of her head, Nala is oblivious to it going away and stares at the substitute wondering how it got there and what it is.

Figuring out that Slowpoke is underwater, Nala tries to make a ghostle sphere in front of her. Meanwhile, Slowpoke emits sharp white stars out of his mouth and upwards towards Nala and her creation, like little heat seeking missiles. Luckily though, her sub saves her from getting hurt and goes beneath her to intercept the stars. Bursting through, only a couple of stars hit her bottom, giving her minor scrapes. Ignoring the pain, she struggles to take a paw out and hit it below but she does. Unfortunately, she has no idea where Slowpoke is underwater and misses him completely. She needs to go back on land so she can attack again:

Nala:82% Paralyzed, in the water, forgot how to use substitute
Slowpoke:83% Below the surface

Rain Dance for 1 more round

Sir Chris
4th July 2003, 06:57 AM
Ok, well, let me try something :O.

Slowpoke, teleport back on land, then use 2 blizzards on the pond, or until it freezes over, if she tries to escape, use a swift instead of the second blizzard.

Teleport,~Blizzardx2/swift

~ Chris

Wolfsong
4th July 2003, 07:39 AM
ok, why he's teleporting, use faint attack to get out of the pool. Then i want you to use thunder. Then finish with thunderbolt

Faint Attack ~ Thunder ~ Thunderbolt

The_Missing_Link
7th July 2003, 03:28 PM
Round 4

Nala:82% Paralyzed, in the water, forgot how to use substitute
Faint Attack~Thunder~Thunderbolt

Slowpoke:83% Below the surface
Teleport~Blizzard x2/Swift

Planning to get out of the water, Slowpoke glows blue for a brief moment before teleporting back onto the land. Now with the command to get out of the water, Nala disappears for a brief moment before reappearing, still swimming rapidly to get out. With a purpose, Nala gets out rather quickly as well, the young feline shaking out the cold rapidly although it's still raining slow but steady.

Not focusing on Nala at the moment, Slowpoke turns towards the lake, very slowly though. While he's concentrating on the lake, Nala starts to charge up but paralysis strikes again, leaving her helpless. Luckily, Slowpoke wasn't going to attack her anyway but he is going to attack the lake. Releasing a harsh wintery chill over the lake, the winds start to freeze up the the water, letting all grounded Pokemon walk all over it. With one blizzard attack though, it's stable enough to walk on but can be destroyed by a strong attack easily.

Now turning around again to focus on Nala to strike, Slowpoke takes his time in moving himself. Free from paralysis again, Nala starts to charge up once more but the damn thing comes back again and she freezes up on the spot once more. Turned around all the way, Slowpoke sees Nala twitching and opens his mouth. Dozens of sharp white stars fly at her and cut her up, little slits opening up although no blood comes up as the rain washes it all away. The rain starts to come down at a lesser interval this time until it stops altogether. The clouds then start to move away until a clear blue sky shines down on them although there's no sun in sight:

Nala:76% Paralyzed
Slowpoke:83%

Wolfsong
7th July 2003, 10:15 PM
Ok, Nala, sorry about the paralysis. I Want you to start out with a faint attack. Then i want you to use a loud screech to startle him. Lastly, finish up with a shadow ball.

Faint Attack ~ Screech ~ Shadow Ball

Sir Chris
7th July 2003, 10:26 PM
Lets see what I gotl, oh yes

Well, if your cat wishes to party hard, lets party hard!

Slowpoke, while it is faint attacking simply protect, it won't get to you. Next, use a psychic to to lfit meowth up and send it crashing into the ice(I would think it would Break the ice(har) finish up the round by teleporting into the bottom of the lake

protect~psychic~teleport

~ Chris

The_Missing_Link
10th July 2003, 09:29 PM
Round 5

Nala:76% Paralyzed
Faint Attack~Screech~Shadowball

Slowpoke:83%
Protect~Psychic~Teleport

As the ground starts to dry from the long downpour, Nala immediately disappears to get at Slowpoke. The water Pokemon mutters something though and a translucent dome comes up as Nala reappears and slams into it, bouncing off and back into the dirt. She growls and shakes her fur clean as Slowpoke's dome fades away once he realizes he's not in danger anymore.

A little slow to put his attacks forth this time, Slowpoke is still able to do it though and glows a dark blue and glares at Nala. Suddenly, she's starting to glow a navy blue as well and tries to escape by screaming as loud as he can. Known to have slow reaction time, Slowpoke doesn't even notice for a couple of seconds and moves her over towards the ice. As Nala comes over to the edge, he suddenly reacts and loses his concentration on Nala. Dropping her hard, she hits the ground and slowly rolls onto the ice. It supports her weight though but she quickly scrambles back onto the land. I suppose Slowpoke isn't having much of good luck this round.

Although teleporting won't do any help, Slowpoke has to teleport down beneath the lake again. Quickly, Nala tries to build up a ghostly sphere and send it at him but she's unsuccessful as he teleports into the water before she can swipe the ball. She just mews in disappointment and hits it anyway, letting it fly across the field and slowly disappear:

Nala:70% Paralyzed
Slowpoke:79% Below the surface

Sir Chris
19th July 2003, 08:54 AM
I use my psychic powers tothrow her into the water, I continue trying this until she is In the water, then I will have my slowbro tackle the kitty, and finish it up with a take down.

Psychic/tackle/take down

Wolfsong
19th July 2003, 11:45 AM
Ok, Nala, we're not out of this yet. Let you're opponent use psychic and then use amnesia to make him forget how to use it. If you hapen to still be on the surface and him under the ice then take a break times two. Otherwise, if attract him, and finish with toxic.

Amnesia ~ Take a break/Attract ~ Take a break/Toxic

The_Missing_Link
22nd July 2003, 02:34 PM
Round 6

Nala:70% Paralyzed
Amnesia~Take A Break/Attract~Take A Break/Toxic

Slowpoke:79% Below the surface
Psychic~Tackle Take Down

Below the lake, Slowpoke uses his psychic powers to bring Nala up and throw her into the water. She struggles a bit but crashes into the ice anyway and breaks through to go underwater temporarily before coming up again, sputtering in anger. Although still angry, she concentrates and starts to pull away the knowledge of using psychic from Slowpoke. Slowpoke feels something being tugged away from him but he lets it go since it's not causing him any pain, although I doubt he would feel the pain anyway.

Told to try and impress Slowpoke, Nala can't do much of anything since she's above and he's below. Besides, I doubt he would care for a wet, pissed off Meowth anyway. As she waits, Slowpoke comes up from below and tackles Nala from the back, pushing her into the ice, stopping her from going any farther. Turning around, she stares at the blank faced Slowpoke and hisses in indignation.

Before Slowpoke can attack again, Nala spits out a hazardous substance at him. The purple goo flies into his faces and he just sits there as it fades away, seeping into his body. Still not feeling the effects, he just speeds at Nala and tackles her again, pushing her against the ice and successfully breaking it this time. The force also pushes Slowpoke back and now he starts to blanch from the poison taking effect:

Nala:51% Paralyzed, in the water
Slowpoke:72% On top of surface, poisoned (4% next round)

Wolfsong
22nd July 2003, 05:23 PM
Ok, Nala, now i want you to get out of the water as quick as you can. Next, I want you to use spite, and finish up with another thunderbolt.

Get out of the water ~ Spite ~ Thunderbolt

Sir Chris
28th July 2003, 03:54 PM
A if slowpoke shall LET you escape your watery grave >:[

Pokey, psychic it so that it cant get out of the water. hit it against anything solid that you can to hurt it, orr if nothing solid is around, put pressure on its head with your powers. Next, swim over to the cat and wrap your tail around its not choking it and make sure you hold on tight, now finish it off by punching it in the gut while holding on to it, if you get "jolted" loose, just usee swift.

Psychic~wrap tail around neck~punch it/swift

~ Chris

The_Missing_Link
29th July 2003, 09:55 PM
Round 7

Nala:51% Paralyzed, in the water
Get Out Of The Water~Spite~Thunderbolt

Loki:72% On top of surface, poisoned (4% next round)
Psychic~Wrap Tail Around Neck~Punch It/Swift

Scrambling out of the water as fast as she can, Chris tries to get Loki (thank god he now has a nickname) to use his psychic powers to drag Nala back in but he forgot that the Meowth made him forget how to use the attack so Loki just floats there, doing nothing as Nala climbs onto the grass and shakes her fur dry.

With Nala out of the water now, Loki is unable to do anything and just sits there again. The perfect time to strike, Nala is suddenly ridden with paralysis and the turn ends with both Pokemon in the same position as before.

Rid of her paralysis minutes later, Nala tries to shock Loki and sparks starts to come out of her but yet again, she's left frozen in one spot and this time, Loki can attack by letting loose a dozen white, sharp stars. They slam into Nala and send her down but Loki is also stricken as he blanches again while the poison does its work:

Nala:46% Paralyzed
Loki:64% Poisoned (6% next round)

Sir Chris
30th July 2003, 07:39 PM
May I ask what took the other 4% of loki's health? =o.

anyway, now we are mad, isnt that right loki?

Loki: *does a sort of slowpoke roar which is more funny than frightening*

Ok, Now use a powerful blizzard in meowth direction, but do not make it too focused or it might be able to excape it. Now, Do some sort of under water rain dance or what have you =o, Now, unleash a powerful SURF FROM THE DEPTTHS OF HELL!~(dramatic arent I? ;/)

Blizzard~Rain Dance~Surf

~ Chris

The_Missing_Link
30th July 2003, 07:50 PM
Energy ^^

You know why I don't have a fatigue meter? Because I integrate it with health

Wolfsong
30th July 2003, 11:05 PM
Ok, Nala, we're not out of this yet. Since Meowths can learn dig in R/S according to the pokedex i use, I want you to use dig to avoid that blizzard. Next let him use rain dance, and then use a thunder on the pond. I want you to finish with a thunderbolt. No matter what happens you have done very well, considering your paralysis.

Dig ~ Thunder ~ Thunderbolt

The_Missing_Link
31st July 2003, 11:01 PM
Round 8

Nala:46% Paralyzed, in the water
Dig~Thunder~Thunderbolt

Loki:64% Poisoned (6% next round)
Blizzard~Rain Dance~Surf

Still in the water, Loki summons an icy gale from his body towards Nala. Trying to dig her way underground to avoid the blizzard, she is struck once again with paralysis and feels the full brunt of the attack, her body starting to case over in ice. It's hard for her to move now but she can still move her head and rotate her body a bit.

As Nala watches on with some interest, Loki glows a bright blue and looks up at the sky. He says his name a couple of times and observes the clouds appearing from out of nowhere and covering the sky. Slowly, rain starts to drop down and it soon becomes a downpour. Although loathing the rain, Nala knows it will help her and starts to spark. The electricity crackles in the rain and Nala lets loose a strong surge of electric power, sending it into the lake. Glowing a bright yellow, nothing is heard from Loki until 15 seconds have passed. Then a loud moaning is heard follow by the dying down of the glow. Loki looks to have a harrassed look on his face and it seems he wants some payback.

Calling upon the lake water, Loki starts to rise up as the water starts to form as a wave. Quickly, Nala creates sparks again and quickly sends another jolt of thunder at Loki. It hits him dead on and halfway to hitting Nala, he looses concentration on the water and he falls off and lands on the edge of the bank while half of the wave falls on Nala and the other just collapses on its own. In pain and a bit shocked, Loki experiences another dose of poisoning, which is getting worse and worse as the rounds wear on:

Nala:30% Paralyzed, partially frozen
Loki:34% Poisoned (8% next round)

Wolfsong
2nd August 2003, 07:49 PM
Good job Nala. Now i want you to start with sunny day till successful. Then i want you to use spite, and finish up with icy wind if you have moves left.

Sunny Day ~ Sunny Day/Spite ~ Sunny Day/Spite/Icy Wind

Sorry didn't reply sooner, things have been hetic with my friend xx

Sir Chris
3rd August 2003, 03:56 AM
Ok, since she is so intent on making it sunny, lets give it to her!

Slowpoke, Create a huge blizzard that is very focued on the meowth,Its partially frozen and it can par up at anytime, its focused on making it sunny, so give it an artic blast.

Now, Teleport behind Nala, like you are right next to her, so when she tries to icy wind she should be hit with it to, and also,I want you to deliver a headbutt to her.

Blizzard~teleport~Headbutt

~ Chris

The_Missing_Link
4th August 2003, 10:46 AM
Round 9

Nala:30% Paralyzed, partially frozen
Sunny Day~Sunny Day/Spite~Sunny Day/Spite/Icy Wind

Loki:34% Poisoned (8% next round)
Blizzard~Teleport~Headbutt

Sitting frozen in the rain, Nala looks to unfreeze herself by bringing out the sun but she freezes up by paralysis again. She growls as she's getting sick of not being able to use her attacks. Loki just slowly says his name and releases a blizzard upon her, the sharp icicles slamming into her, freezing her up even more.

Only her face not frozen, Nala is determined to bring out the sun. This time, she's able to do so and looks up at the sky, a fiery aura surrounding the ice, making it seem like it will melt but won't. Slowly, the rain starts to fade away, as well as the clouds and in a minute, the sun peeks through and starts to shine upon both of them. As Loki uselessly teleports behind Nala, she starts to move around, the sun melting the ice. The same goes for the lake, which fills up with more water.

Trying to turn around to use spite on Loki, Nala is unable to, due to the ice and paralysis. He's there to help free Nala though and charges into the ice, breaking Nala free of her encasement. Paralyzed a few more moments, Nala is then able to sit rightly up as the poison takes its toll on Loki once more:

Nala:21% Paralyzed
Loki:26% Poisoned (10% next round)

Sunny Day for 3 more rounds

Sir Chris
4th August 2003, 02:43 PM
hmm....Now I have to risk everything.. I dont like doing this...argh...Loki, I dont know if we can win, but I refuse to lay down and let the toxins take over your body, so this, will be, for the kill.

*cracks knuckles*

Loki, use your teleportation skills to Teleporrt well out of the reach of Nala or any of her damne deletric attacks, all the way across the arena. Now focus your mind on the prey, nothing else matters, you have served me well, block out the pain, you can do it, just have to focus, if you faint because of this, I am sorry, but actions like these must be taken imo.

Use two psychis ina row, crush her insides. just ..focus everything you have..for the next two actions, use your psychic abilities to crush her limbs..crush her insides..make her, feel the pain of your psychic,, crush her...thatis your only intent, crush her until she faints.

Teleport~Psychics from hell

~ Chris

Wolfsong
4th August 2003, 03:43 PM
Now i know you don't like being wet Nata, but i have a plan. Rain dance until successfl. (from the site i use meowths can learn rain dance in R/S). Then if you have any remainging moves use thunder on the remaining attacks. with it raining it'd be pretty hard to avoid.

Rain Dance ~ Rain Dance/Thunder ~ Rain Dance/Thunder

No matter what happens i'm proud of you.

The_Missing_Link
6th August 2003, 05:59 PM
Round 10

Nala:21% Paralyzed
Rain Dance~Rain Dance/Thunder~Rain Dance/Thunder

Loki:26% Poisoned (10% next round)
Teleport~Psychic x2

Both Pokemon breathing a bit hard from the overuse of attacks, Loki decides to get away from Nala as far as he can and teleports all the way to the other side of the lake and at the edge of the arena. Nala ignores him for the time being and concentrates on bringing back the rain. Glowing a bright blue, the sun that thought it was going to be out for a long time disappear behind the quick moving storm clouds, eager to make it rain. And once again, rain slowly starts to come before it turns into a full fledged downpour as before.

Starting to concentrate on bringing Nala down, he starts to crush her body and spirit, opressing her in every way he can. Nala tries to attack back but paralysis strikes and she's unable to move. It doesn't mean she can't fight back mentally and struggles to push Loki away. With him farther away than usual, it's a bit simpler and successfully, she pushes him back. Both stop to catch their breath, sweat mingling with the rain.

Able to control her body again, Nala soon starts to spark while Loki begins his onslaught again. Trying to push away her opponent while charging up isn't much fun for Nala but like before, Loki is unable to have a stronger connection due to distance and Nala is able to pull off a thunder. Even as far away as Loki is, the rain is able to guide the electricity and it strikes Loki full fledged, breaking his concentration and causing him to moan in pain. Both Pokemon are immensely close to unconsiousness, especially Loki who's half under already, totally wiped out from stressing his psychic abilites and having the poison doing its job:

Nala:3% Paralyzed, wiped out
Loki:1% Poisoned (12% next round), wiped out mentally

Wolfsong
6th August 2003, 11:19 PM
Ok, Nala no matter what happens this round, I'm proud of you. I want you to take a break times three, unless you are attacked. then protect, detect and protect.

Take a Break/protect ~ Take a break/Detect ~ Take a break/Protect

Sir Chris
7th August 2003, 04:19 PM
unreal..

boy, I know what I am going to do..mm nvm, anyway

Loki, forget about the pain. forget bout the draining feeling. forget the poison, I know you are weakened, but no matter what man, you fought hardcore and I am gonna be giving you a rest. So, simply use ice beam three times. If she faints before the third one, just use rest because you deserved it, if not, then well, you still deserve the damn rest, and you will get it anyway

ice beam3x/rest if she faints

also, detect and protect run off the same counter like the game, right?

~ Chris

The_Missing_Link
7th August 2003, 04:36 PM
Round 11

Nala:3% Paralyzed, wiped out
Take A Break/Protect~Take A Break/Detect~Take A Break/Protect

Loki:26% Poisoned (12% next round), wiped out mentally
Ice Beam x3

Both Pokemon incredibly tired and Loki unable to use anymore mental attacks, he resorts to using ice attacks and instead of charging up all the way, he releases a 1/3 power of an ice beam although if it hits Nala, it will be enough to knock her out anyway. But the beam hardly reaches her due to the distance apart of both of them. Nala starts to put it up but after watching it fall short, just sits there and looks keenly at Loki. The Slowpoke tries again but Nala just moves away before it can hit her although it doesn't anyway. The final try is another failure and due to exhaustion and poisoning, Loki goes under, done with the battle forever:

Nala:3% Happy
Loki:0% KO'ed

I declare Nala and Amy the winners of this battle! This was long, but extremely close. Nala got lucky with the dice because all 3 rolls allowed her to escape paralysis although she didn't need to. To answer a potential question, a full powered ice beam by Loki could have knocked him out and he was smart enough to know not to use it at full power. And both Pokemon were too far apart for ice beam to actually hit, even if it was at full power. It was a great battle for me to ref. Good job to Loki and Chris as well

Wolfsong
7th August 2003, 04:45 PM
Wow, great match Sir Chris. *shakes hands* I'd be happy to have a rematch some time. For my prize i choose to evolve my male bayleef AJ into a meganium.

Sir Chris
7th August 2003, 05:09 PM
Well, that was a good battle, and I mishandled it a bit heh. oh well, we live and learn.

gg both of yah

*bends down to loki* I wore ya out huh bud? pokecenter for you.

*returns him to his ball*

whee :O

~ Chris