PDA

View Full Version : Open Chromatic Challenge! (Details Inside)

RaZoR LeAf
28th June 2003, 07:20 AM
3 vs 3
DQ 1 Week
You Choose First
I attack First
Ref: Mindprobe
Arena: Ref's Choice

Rules:

This is an RBY Chromatics battle Only. The following rules must be adheared to:

* Pokemon must be of original 150 origin only. There are to be NO GSC pokemon. This includes evolutions such as Crobat, Umbreon and Elekid, you must use their RBY forms (Golbat, Eevee, Electabuzz, etc). Also Magnemite and Magneton become Electric only.
* Moves used must be of original 150 origin only. They also have their original types (Bite is Normal, Sand Attack is Normal, Gust is Normal). The types of Steel and Dark do not Exist. This also includes Sig moves of those types.
* A Pokemon can use only the moves it learns in RBY. So I suggest you find a good RBY pokedex. This limits the moves you can use, but makes the battle more interesting.

Anyone who forgets and tries to use a GSC move will forfiet the turn (the individual turn not the whole round). Anyone who tries to use a GSC pokemon, will obviously, have to choose again.

That's all the rules. All that's needed now is a Ref and an Opponent.

Mindprobe
28th June 2003, 07:36 AM
Mesa ref, finally, something to ref....

FlareonX
28th June 2003, 04:22 PM
Old school ASB, how interesting. I accept your challenge, although I will wait for the arena to be posted before sending out my pokemon.

Dark Dragonite
28th June 2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf
* Pokemon must be of original 150 origin only. This includes evolutions such as Crobat, Umbreon and Elekid. There are to be NO GSC pokemon.

I just thought I'd point out that Crobat, Umbreon, and Elekid are GSC pokemon, but I just read it again, and I realised you mean, you can use Evos that were made in GSC as long as their prevos were in RBY.

Also, www.pokemondungeon.com
That has a great RBY/GSC Pokedex, it is somewhat separated, especially with TM/HMs

RaZoR LeAf
29th June 2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
I just thought I'd point out that Crobat, Umbreon, and Elekid are GSC pokemon, but I just read it again, and I realised you mean, you can use Evos that were made in GSC as long as their prevos were in RBY.

Also, www.pokemondungeon.com
That has a great RBY/GSC Pokedex, it is somewhat separated, especially with TM/HMs

Actually, i worded that badly. It means you can't use GSC evolutions. You'd have to use Onix, Scyther, Golbat etc. I'll edit that back in now.

Thanks for the link though.

Jay
29th June 2003, 08:49 AM
Nice idea, PX. I'll be your opponent

I'll send out Prisma, my Chansey (Female, obviously). She is sigless

RaZoR LeAf
29th June 2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Nice idea, PX. I'll be your opponent

I'll send out Prisma, my Chansey (Female, obviously). She is sigless

Sorry jay, but FlareonX has already accepted.

Mindprobe
30th June 2003, 11:16 AM
Didn't notice that I was to choose the arena. The arena is my freewall arena.

The arena is high above the air. With a multiply platforms floating in the air. The pokemon knocked down will be recovered back to a platform, but after a 20% health loss. A single platform cannot hold for long, especially for the heavy pokemon. So the pokemon shoudl try moving fast, since if the platforms fail they drop down and the health penalty is taken away. This arena favors unevolved, light or flying pokemon.

FlareonX
30th June 2003, 12:14 PM
Well then, I have a few questions on this arena. Just how many platforms are there? Are they connected together? How large is each platform?

I choose Mandrake, my Porygon.

Mandrake: 01101000011101010111101001111010011000010110100000 100001

Indeed, Mandrake.

RaZoR LeAf
30th June 2003, 02:16 PM
OK cool Mindprobe.

Hmm this will be interesting, as I was planning on using my own Porygon. Lets see how well 2 Porygons face off.

Go, Joystick!

Ok Joystick, first off a medium sized Substitute on on of the platforms.

After you've created your copy clone, Teleport close to your enemy.

At close range use Thunder Wave

FlareonX
30th June 2003, 02:28 PM
Yes, this will be interesting indeed. Mandrake, start off with your own small sized substitute. Then grasp what you perceive to be the real Joystick with a Psychic grasp, and hurl it off the platform.

Substitute(small) ~ Psychic(grab Joystick's substitute) ~ Psychic(throw off platform)

Mindprobe
30th June 2003, 02:40 PM
The platforms are only few feet away eachother. There are about 20 platforms. And they are large enough to supprt a Growlithe or Arcanine. But Snorlax and Onix, no! Also the platforms will crush under over 120lbs. And the platforms can be destroyed used as a part of rock slide or strength or as a hitting object or as a shield. The 20 platforms regain after 5 rounds, but not all at the time, a single platform takes 5 rounds to regain.

Floating pokemon don't need to "jump" from platform to another, they can simpli float, but they can still drop.

Mindprobe
2nd July 2003, 03:59 AM
Razor Leaf vs. FlareonX

Pre Battle

Joystick (Porygon): 100% | 100%
Substitute(med) ~ Teleport ~ Thunderwave

Mandrake (Porygon): 100% | 100%
Substitute(small) ~ Psychic(grab Joystick's substitute) ~ Psychic(throw off platform)

Round One

The two competitors are ready and pokeballs are thrown into the air. With a birght flash, two Porygon's appear to the arena. Each float to the starting positions. Razor Leaf's Porygon, Joystick and FlareonX's Porygon, Mandrake face off in this battle. Should be interesting enough.

Both virtual ducks begin with the same attack. Both flashed once, before turning into somekind of dolls, but the Porygon's don't know that.

Joystick, hiding behind his substitute, concentrated real hard and then just dissapered. Joystick reappeared next to it's opponent, at least he thought it is Mandrake. The real Mandrake used it' psychic powers to seperate the real Joystick from the fake, nice plan, I have to admit. Mandrake throws the fake Joystick with the psychic, but doesn't manage to throw it off the platform, so the subtitute still is in the game, but it's discovered, wonder is it going to do any good to Joystick anymore.

Joystick, now near to his opponent, started to vibrate, creating electric waves that will paralyze any opponent, not rounded. But the waves just bounce off Mandrake, fake one, but Joystick doesn't know that, and it makes Joystick just wonder, how could've it fail. It was perfect point-blank shot and it hit but. Mandrake had other plans. It used it's psychic powers to grab Joystick, the real one now that the substitute discovered, and tried to throw it off the platform. Somehow, Joystick managed to stay in the plaform, but was now clining from the edge of the platform with it's, umm, hand paw thingy should we say?

End Battle

Joystick (Porygon): 85% | 84% | Substitute(7%), discovered

Mandrake (Porygon): 90% | 83% | Substitute(10%), not discovered

You need sub-ref starting from tomorrow, since i have to stay home still today, you go tlucky, cos now I got time to ref.

FlareonX
3rd July 2003, 12:56 AM
Excellent work, Mandrake. Since Joystick is hanging precariously on the edge, give it a nudge with a Psychic blast. If you manage to knock it off, use Double Team before it reappears on the platforms. If you don't knock it off, then use Thunder Wave. Either way, finish off with a Tri-Attack.

Psychic ~ Double Team/Thunder Wave ~ Tri-Attack

RaZoR LeAf
3rd July 2003, 06:40 AM
Ouch. OK Joystick, i don't know how you were identified aside from your Sub, but we'll have to cope with it I guess.

Right, Teleport next to the fake Mandrake again, and hit him with a direct Thunder to make sure the fake shatters.

Lastly, you may be paralysed and at risk from being hit by a Tri Attack. So Double team to be safe

Mindprobe
3rd July 2003, 02:34 PM
Omg, I just hate my modem. It just D/ced me after I was about to post my 2 page reffing. Now you have to stick with status effects only since I don't really feel like doing it again :( I'm so sorry, but I really don't feel like rewriting it, after rewriting most of the parts twice cos I didn't notice sub at first :(

Round Briefly

- Mandrake knocked Joystick off the platform
- Joystick teleported beside Mandrake before the penalty line
- Mandrake got surprised by the fact, substitute was revealed, but Joystick wasn't sure which one is real.
- Joystick seized the opportunity and summoned a tempest which shot a lightning through the arena, destroying 8 platforms from the middle, destroyed both subs, hurt the target and the user, made both ducks fall below the penalty line
- Mandrake used thunder wave to paralyze Joystick's body.
- Mandrake launched tri attack at Joystick
- Joystick created 3 clones beside it.

End Battle

Mandrake (Porygon): 50%(DMG CAPS) | Substitute Destroyed | Shocked abit | Slightly Moderetaly fatigued

Joystick (Porygon): 45%(DMG CAPS) | Moderetaly fatigued | Susbtitute Destroyed | 3 images | PAR: tail, legs | Shocked abit |

Platforms: 12 / 20
8 platforms regaining after 5 rounds
Platforms are missing form the center

RaZoR LeAf:

i don't know how you were identified aside from your Sub

A: Mandrake allready took one action to grab your substitute and psychicly blast it. Which revealed it. IMHO, psychic's user can also detect if the object, that it is hodling with it's mind, is a living, breathing organism.

Thunder: That did alot of damage, by alone, it allmost as much as the penalty from falling does. The arena is near the clouds, only 100 to 150 meetrs lower. Thunder has quite good accuary here, but the damage can be katastrophalics, even to the user.

Also, as a referee, I'd like to ban further substitutes, but it's your call. Also, I would like to limit rest and recovery to once per pokemon, is that ok? Btw, you need to find a sub-ref cos I go to a holiday today, yes, today and not yesterday cos dad screwed things up :mad:

Mindprobe
10th July 2003, 05:35 AM
This is a bumpity bump post. So Razor Leaf will find this topic easier. 7 days have allmost passed and the DQ bell is rining for Razor Leaf...

RaZoR LeAf
10th July 2003, 09:17 AM
Ewps. >_< I totally forgot about this battle >_<

I am also for the banning of Substitutes, and clamping down on Rest and Recover.

JOystick, grab Mandrake in a Psychic grip and slam him against one of the platforms. When he gets up, quickly fire an Ice beam at him. Lastly Sharpen yourself up for the next round.

Mindprobe
13th July 2003, 07:23 AM
FlareonX.....

*taps a table with his fingers*

Mindprobe
19th July 2003, 07:26 AM
FlareonX has been DQed...

RaZoR LeAf
19th July 2003, 09:01 AM
OK, thanks for the reffings anyway Mindprobe. I'm off to the bank to claim my 1 yen, and to evovle somehting, don't know what yet.

My mistake. I'm evolving Golbat into a Crobat

*waves to ASHarris*