PDA

View Full Version : We have a new mod!

Roarkiller
28th June 2003, 10:06 AM
Not.

Actually, i dont even think we need another one, what with this forum so nearly dead already. But im thinking that maybe u guyz might want a mod to take care of matters pertaining to YGH or magic or whatever. Only one spot open, thx, i dont think Suzie would approe of more than that.

Btw, i juz came back from a 5-day holiday in Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. Did u guys miss me? Nothing happened while i was gone, right my little children? *readies a bottle of cod liver*

The Muffin Man
29th June 2003, 12:01 AM
You know you'd be more likely to get a serious answer out of us BEFORE showing us you had cod liver :p

Little_Pikachu
29th June 2003, 02:49 PM
You just want a new mod so you wont be lonely, huh? :) Well I'm cool with that, there's nothing worse than lonely mods ~_~ If you find someone let me know.

Uuh... I'm posting in TCG o_O

Hi :wave: *Walks away slowly*

Alec Trevelyan
29th June 2003, 04:14 PM
i could be a mod w/ roar, since one of the olds here eh? :P
i dont see any problem about moding alone, but if ya want help u know i'm always here, k?

cya :wave: :wave: :wave:

Roarkiller
30th June 2003, 04:49 AM
AHHHH, SUZIE'S HERE! QUICK, BEHAVE!!!!!

*picture of innocence* :D

Im not exactly lonely here actually. Im alive for 19.5 yrs and ive been a loner from 9 until 15 yrs old. I juz thought that since this forum has opened up to other TCGs, it could use a mod for them.

Btw, was there a pruning? Looks like u pruned off too much.

Edit: ignore that, my settings were screwed up. Damn cookies...

Little_Pikachu
30th June 2003, 09:30 AM
I did try to prune, but everytime I did everything funked up, I think Kevin went and did it though... Well someone did, and it wasn't me :}

Krystalline Kabutops
30th June 2003, 01:04 PM
I'd be willing! This forum involves YGO, so I'd gladly mod it. Maybe even try to bring it some life. Key word is TRY. But yeah, I wouldn't mind, what with most of my daily life spent on TPM :P

Ghost
30th June 2003, 01:33 PM
I could mod... Yu-gi-oh is my job, and I have been playing pokemon till the recent set. I'm also very active on the boards... *Drinks a cup of wine* *realizes he is not old enough* Not a Alcholic! I could also give you my cod liver *cough*yuck*cough*

Roarkiller
1st July 2003, 04:32 AM
Good, now tht ive got u ppl's attention, its time to vote off the weakest link!

Oh wait, wrong line.

Instead of voting for urself (where's the fun in that?), id prefer u guys to vote for MORE than one along with WHY u think they should be the mod. Points to look for:

- Dedicated
- Actually has free time (im running out of these meself)
- Knows about YGH and pkmn at least. The more the better.
- Creative. Ur gonna need a lot of this to bring this forum to life.

Final say comes from me and Suzie. And in case ur still wondering whos Suzie, its Little Pikachu aka the Sig Owner :D

Krystalline Kabutops
1st July 2003, 08:13 AM
Well, ok, I'd vote for Raven.

He knows a lot about YGO, so that's a plus...

Roy Karrde
1st July 2003, 09:54 AM
Well I maynot spend most of my time here, even though I am a advid Yu Gi Oh player. Yet I would cast my vote for Opaque Onigoori. For the main reason that he seems to be on all the time, most of the time mods seem to be absent when we need the most, and that goes for all forums. So the reason I'm voting for Opaque is that he seems to always be on, and a mod that has the time to watch over the forum and help you when the problem arises is something all forums need.

Captain Falcon2
1st July 2003, 11:26 AM
Well, I would choose Raven. It's not just because he is my brother -_- I'm not that low. I would choose Raven because he spends ALOT of his time on TPM, and he knows a HECK of a alot about Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon. He's also got a little experience in Magic: The Gathering.

Alec Trevelyan
1st July 2003, 11:39 AM
i vote myself! lol... well, i actually have all the qualities... i know ygo, mtg, pkmn, etc... i'm dedicaded... i wont vote on another guy cuz most people are "new" to me... but i could vote on muffin man... i know better him then others.
Roar knows me since i came here (2000), wow, 3 years is a bit uh? The old school as i see have just me, roar, hobbs... i'd vote myself cuz i'm old here, i know the rules, the games... But i bet roar will do a good choice, doesnt matter whom

Yami Annika
1st July 2003, 12:16 PM
A voting for a Mod topic? Wow... I've never seen one of these before... Of course I don't venture far from the General/Misc./RPG forums... May I vote?

I too vote for Opaque Onigoori. Even before I knew him, I'd see him around. I know this because his name stuck out too me. So he seems to have a lot of free time.

He also seems dedicated. I just feel like he is.

I talked to him before posting this. He says he once played Pokemon, and is fairly good at Yu-Gi-Oh. As a fellow duelist, he gains brownie points from me ;).

Creative, you ask? Perhaps this is just me, but I'm in one of his RPGs. It seems creative to me. He also says he's willing to try to bring life here.

So how's that for a vote? As a side note, Opaque Onigoori also seems like a nice person. He had to put up with me while I was hyper on sugar-covered strawberries. And if he had enough patience to put up with me, I think he should be given the chance to mod this forum. Again, this may be me, but kindness and patience are always good to have in a mod.

So there's my vote. *bows* Whoever bothered to read that, I hope you take it into account. Good luck to all the people going for modship and whoever wins!

*waves little Opaque Onigoori For Modship banner*
Cheers!
Yami Annika

Ghost
1st July 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Yami Annika
A voting for a Mod topic? Wow... I've never seen one of these before... Of course I don't venture far from the General/Misc./RPG forums... May I vote?

I too vote for Opaque Onigoori. Even before I knew him, I'd see him around. I know this because his name stuck out too me. So he seems to have a lot of free time.

He also seems dedicated. I just feel like he is.

I talked to him before posting this. He says he once played Pokemon, and is fairly good at Yu-Gi-Oh. As a fellow duelist, he gains brownie points from me ;).

Creative, you ask? Perhaps this is just me, but I'm in one of his RPGs. It seems creative to me. He also says he's willing to try to bring life here.

So how's that for a vote? As a side note, Opaque Onigoori also seems like a nice person. He had to put up with me while I was hyper on sugar-covered strawberries. And if he had enough patience to put up with me, I think he should be given the chance to mod this forum. Again, this may be me, but kindness and patience are always good to have in a mod.

So there's my vote. *bows* Whoever bothered to read that, I hope you take it into account. Good luck to all the people going for modship and whoever wins!

*waves little Opaque Onigoori For Modship banner*
Cheers!
Yami Annika

You don't think I'm nice? You may think I'm just some cold blooded murder, but deep inside, I'm a nice person. I don't mean to point fingers... But it's all Yami Annika's fault that I'm a bounty Hunter.

Krystalline Kabutops
1st July 2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Raven The Jedi Bounty Hunter
You don't think I'm nice? You may think I'm just some cold blooded murder, but deep inside, I'm a nice person. I don't mean to point fingers... But it's all Yami Annika's fault that I'm a bounty Hunter. What was that about? She never commented on anyone else, or said that you were a cold blooded murderer. So back off, she said nothing wrong.

Yami: You think you're hyper on sugar? You've never met me on chocolate then O_o;

Ghost
1st July 2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Opaque Onigoori
What was that about? She never commented on anyone else, or said that you were a cold blooded murderer. So back off, she said nothing wrong.

Yami: You think you're hyper on sugar? You've never met me on chocolate then O_o;

I did not say she commented on me, I admitted I was. Nor did I say she said anything wrong, now did I?

Krystalline Kabutops
1st July 2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Raven The Jedi Bounty Hunter
I did not say she commented on me, I admitted I was. Nor did I say she said anything wrong, now did I? The general gist of your post was that she had wronged you in some way, and she hasn't. I also wonder why you haven't voted yet..... trying to stay ahead? Whatever.... And how has she made you into a bounty hunter anyway?

Ghost
1st July 2003, 01:31 PM
Everybody with Yami in there name has, because I hate Yami... Malik rules...

Ok... I vote for... Opaque Onigoori, cause he is the only other cantidate I believe.

Score=

Opaque Onigoori=3
Raven=2

Damn...

Red Angel
1st July 2003, 01:44 PM
Well... I could mod if anyopne wants me too.. but I'd actually like to see TMM mod here... he was prety good as an R/S mod, and seems to know stuff about TCGs... so... yeah...

Water Pokemon Master
2nd July 2003, 12:42 AM
I would like to be a mod. I used to be the TCG mod back at PokéMansion, but they shut down. I am probably the biggest PokéFreak on the planet (can any of YOU name all of the first 251 Pokémon in order?) You may be wondering, who on earth is this WPM, I have never heard him post here before. The reason for that is because I have been working on my TCG website for the past year, trying to get it up and running, and have not really been posting. I am extremely knowledgeable in Pokémon, especially in the TCG. At school, there are still about a dozen of TCG players, and they constantly come to me for help in fixing their decks and to ask me questions about Pokémon. Now then, to prove how good I am at the TCG game, I have proof of what place I was in the very last STS tournament. Though I dropped out of the tournament because I wanted to win booster packs from King Rara, I was in 1st place in the fourth round. For those of you who went to the STS in San Diego, I was the kid who, on Sunday at the very end, won the name that Pokémon contest when I named the first 210 Pokémon in order and won 36 boosters and a Mewtwo Returns DVD. Okay, anyways, I would really like to be a mod, and as soon as my site is up, it will have all the TCG scans and be very helpful to all TCG players. Please, vote 4 me!

Roarkiller
2nd July 2003, 01:03 AM
Umm, well, i see some competition, dunno if thats supposed to be good or bad.

Anyway, may i remind u guyz that the purpose of this new mod is to take care of the other TCGs besides pkmn cuz i have literally zero experience in any. Knowledge in pkmn is a must cuz this is a pkmn site duh, and this forum once only hosted TCG, so pkmn TCG questions will still pop up now and then.

The reason i ask u guyz to vote for others is cuz if u vote for urself, most likely u'll vote for urself. Voting for others allows those who stand out to be recognized, especially for me who hardly bothers to check the non-pkmn topics (should do so more often tho, i admit) and Suzie who hardly steps in here.

Note that we are NOT looking for popularity but someone who can actually do the job well. Believe me ive seen ppl who only joined for a mth and already a mod, and those who r here for yrs and never even got to sniff the opportunity.

Alec Trevelyan
2nd July 2003, 05:35 PM
well, as i said, many new guys around which mostly never posted something now came to get mod stats. I suggest you, dear roar, to chose someone that you KNOW, know the FORUM, and knows another TCG's.... that's my opinion... i would suggest hobbs (again? =P) or me, lol.
Cya

Water Pokemon Master
2nd July 2003, 10:18 PM
Yes Dear Roarkiller! Alec Trevelyan is right, you should choose people you know, such as me. And dear Alec, I visit this board every day at 4 p.m. (except on Sundays because of church) and review posts for about half an hour, then visit other PokéSites (such as Roarkiller's), then go to work on my site for about three hours (all day on the weekend if there is no homework), I just don't really ever post. But now since my site is almost complete (just still have to upload the card scans and stuff), I will be hanging around these boards a lot longer for sure. I would definitely not consider myself a newbie, especially to the TCG world and this forum. In fact, if I am correct, I do believe you joined this board about a month after I did, in the year 2000 (the reason I know this is because the same day I got Goldeneye on DVD, you joined this board and I showed your name to my bros and said, "Hey look, it's the name of the guy who betrayed James Bond!") So, we have both been here for quite a long time :). I am sure that Roarkiller will make the right choice, and hey, if none of us gets it, I am sure we will all be just as helpful to these boards.

Oh yeah: Didn't Alec say that he was leaving Pokémon?

Shadow Djinn
2nd July 2003, 11:12 PM
Water Pokemon Master: If you joined in 2000, then why does it say you joined in 2001 -_-; Alec trevylan joined 9 days before you anyway/

Anyways, me give my vote to Opaque Onigoori. He's on a lot and he might actually be able to bring life to TCG as well. Though I've never posted in this section, I'm still into the TCG. So Opaque is my vote.

Water Pokemon Master
3rd July 2003, 12:10 AM
Originally, I joined in 2000. But, the message board and site were down for a while and then were moved to a new server. When that happened, all of our accounts were reset. After the new server was put up (I believe it was in the summer), I was on vacation and then returned and set up a new account, since it was reset. Get it?

Roarkiller
3rd July 2003, 06:18 AM
If i were to give the postition to ppl i know, my choice will be extremely limited.

Plus, remember that im giving priority to those with knowledge of the OTHER different TCGs, not juz pkmn. And juz cuz theyre knew doesnt mean they shouldnt be mod. Vaporeon2001 (if u remember him) was only a few mths old when he became one.

Anyway, i shal review the popular votes as well as the other members juz in case. And check them with every topic and post. U will know when the decision has been made.

Ghost
3rd July 2003, 07:00 AM
I'm not being voted for 'cus nobody knows me -_-

Score=

Opaque Onigoori- 4
Raven-2

Guessing who will win-

Opaque Onigoori -_-

Stupid Squirrels...

Alec Trevelyan
3rd July 2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master

Oh yeah: Didn't Alec say that he was leaving Pokémon?

yeah, i sold my collection, but it doesnt means that i stoped playing... i play on apprentice yet! And i play ygo and mtg too!
Lets just make Roar do the decision. And i suggest roar to close this topic, this is getting a fight, lol.
About water master stuff about joining... yeah, same thing, the boards moved to other server... and then got back

Dark-San
5th July 2003, 12:30 AM
Good luck to those going to the mod. post.
Best of lucks to you guys~ A little msg to mark my return to the board...

Roarkiller
5th July 2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Darkyouth
Good luck to those going to the mod. post.
Best of lucks to you guys~ A little msg to mark my return to the board...

Jeez, forgot u even existed. How's life? Btw, i heard from bobby that after his shop closed (no kidding), he's thinking of running events in CCs. That true? If so, then i cant use last yr's league kits for them since Sinclair told me that they can only be used in the league itself, and must be in a fixed location.

And uh, welcome back °.° Wanna join in the mod race? Dont think u'd win tho...

Edit: Btw meng, geocities doesnt allow direct img linking.

Pikatogepi
6th July 2003, 01:41 AM
I vote for Alec.

Dark-San
8th July 2003, 10:10 PM
Mod <-- not interested....

Even if I got the job, I probably wouldn't hav the time to maintain the section... Final year project, stupid biology modules, training for NS! Where got time... -_-"

Anyway I'm just back here to say a little hello, and say a few qestions like wat happen to clicky pen? Anyway I was thinking the either alec or zombie is probably the best fit for the job...

One is a former mod back here then and another is a active member. So either of them could get the job and perform it wif ease. As for the rest in for tis 'mod- craze' race, good luck and take care ;P

Water Pokemon Master
8th July 2003, 10:13 PM
Darkyouth, I believe Clicky Pen posted a topic a few months ago and said that he decided to quit Pokémon.

Dark-San
8th July 2003, 10:18 PM
Darkyouth, I believe Clicky Pen posted a topic a few months ago and said that he decided to quit Pokémon.

^
|
|
I wasn't here a few months back brother and besides i am not even sure if my return would be a permenant one.

*Still wondering if i should post a return topic in Misc* 0.o"

Water Pokemon Master
8th July 2003, 10:21 PM
You should come back. You used to be very active and helpful.

Dark-San
8th July 2003, 10:27 PM
You should come back. You used to be very active and helpful.

Note the key words "Used to". Besides there is no longer any league here as it "used to"

Water Pokemon Master
8th July 2003, 11:26 PM
So, I live near LA and I can't find any league around me, but I'm still heavily involved in Pokémon. I really think you should come back to the message board. You'd have a real good chance at being a mod, in my opinion, due to that you are very helpful.

Roarkiller
9th July 2003, 09:10 AM
So, I live near LA and I can't find any league around me, but I'm still heavily involved in Pokémon. I really think you should come back to the message board. You'd have a real good chance at being a mod, in my opinion, due to that you are very helpful.

*cough* You have NO idea...

And Dkyouth (kinda odd to say ur real name in this forum), when u find any place that still has players, let me know. Otherwise, im gonna talk to Sinclair to let me use last yr's league kits as i please, since i dont think anyone would be interested in playing a league meant for last yr.

Battlezone's scrapped btw. After all the "I'll try" and "I'll call you back in a few days", they told me "Oh, you mean THIS YEAR'S league? I thought u meant last yr's league."

I was like "You stupid !@#$%^&*", tho i didnt actually say it.

Systematic Revolution
9th July 2003, 02:33 PM
I'd gladly mod TCG. I know quite a bit about MTG and I'm sure that would be a nice contribution. I'm sure my chances are slim, seeing as my activity has been quite small as of late, but a mod spot may activate me again, hehehe. I'm probably too late too. Oh well.

~KT

EDIT: Welcome back, Darkyouth!

Kool Dudy
9th July 2003, 11:48 PM
I'd gladly be a mod but I don't post here often although I'm a card player and a card collector. I've played Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and MTG, mostly MTG though. I'm not too familiar with Pokemon though....you can work on that :)

I've been collecting lots of cards, probably a few binders. I've played on apprentice before as well...only when I'm bored and got nothing to do...

I'm pretty familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh. I was hanging around yugioh boards when I was away for quite a while. I know pretty much all the essential decks such as the beatdown, wheenie, etc...

I've played most of the Yu-Gi-Oh games. If you guys played it...remember to use Cyber-Stein...heheheheh :)

If you guys think i'm ok, please nom. me... cuz i got nothing to do and I want something to do. :)

l8er peeps

Roarkiller
10th July 2003, 06:16 AM
Okaaay, the latest (and prolly 2nd last) update on the modding saga.

Damn, sounds too much like DBZ.

Anyway, a suggestion that came up was to simply check who was the most active and helpful member in this board. Also, im scrapping the pkmn knowledge requirement, since i can handle that well enough.

As such, if u wanna be a mod here, juz do 3 things: prove that ur active, prove that ur helpful, and prove that ur a decent enough player in at least YGH. Knowledge of more than one TCG is a plus. Ability to bring life to this forum is a MAJOR plus.

That is all. *bows*

Kool Dudy
10th July 2003, 10:06 AM
I'll do my best, officer :)

Dark-San
11th July 2003, 04:43 AM

*Gasp* I got a supporter from no where! -_-"

Anyway my decision is final and it will stay~ I will not run for the mod position. I'm sorry if that disappoints you. My reasons hmm... you know them *Presents Dkyth's 2nd post*

@RK- Nahz no news abt any pokemon leagues around yet. We hav to wait 4 bob though. Pokemon doesn't sells much around here anymore. Wat I c are mostly WWE and yu gay oh *oops* around most of the time. The only chance is to wait for BOB to open up a new store somewhere!

@KT- Back but still wondering I would post as regluarly as I used to... However its still good to return and mix ard wif some old pals though

Krystalline Kabutops
14th July 2003, 02:09 PM
^^;!!!!!

I'm back for 24 minutes, in Austria :O

Activity: Except for this European sabbatical, I've been active almost since I joined. Look a little way's back in RPG.

Helpful: I've given ideas to the RPG News (No clue if they used em tho :P) and I dunno about other fields... ask PoLIzumi-chan or someone from RPG about that.

YGH: I have a decent Inaba deck cobbled together from my limited resources. I still need a little help fine tuning it tho :/

umm.... yeah, just posting to say hi!

Water Pokemon Master
22nd July 2003, 03:47 PM
Congratulations, Alec, on your mod position! You deserve it.

Roarkiller
23rd July 2003, 05:24 AM
K then, this is prolly my last post here.

Congrats Alec. Umm, yeah, thats all.

For those who r dying to know why, its cuz Onigoori and Raven hardly come here anyway, and like i said, i want someone active. Alec knows pkmn, MTG and YGH, so that makes him a good candidate. I thought about giving zombie back his position, but then that would be a biased decision, wouldnt it?

Anyway Alec (when u finally see this), juz try and be a good mod and do the things u said u would, like bringing the board to life and ill be happy.

Alec Trevelyan
23rd July 2003, 04:15 PM
oh! i got the mod, lol :P . Roar, i'll still do what i always do, but now happier cuz i'm modding and maybe a bit serious on some stuff like mods have to be, no? I must say thanks for all who belive i can do this job, specially to roar. No words in my head :P to say something. I'll try to do my best here, nothing else.

Thanks to all

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Water Pokemon Master
23rd July 2003, 04:37 PM
K then, this is prolly my last post here.

Roarkiller, do you mean this is your last post in this topic or in the whole forum all together?!!

Zombie
23rd July 2003, 09:44 PM
Alec deserves the chance, Roarkiller made the right decision.

Congrats and dont screw it up...j/k.

Be sure to check out Team Meeting, I wonder if it is the same as it use to be?

Roarkiller
24th July 2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Zombie
Alec deserves the chance, Roarkiller made the right decision.

Congrats and dont screw it up...j/k.

Be sure to check out Team Meeting, I wonder if it is the same as it use to be?

Nah, dont worry, the mods r still as crazy as usual, dont worry too much bout them.

And no WPM, i meant my last post in this topic. Pls, if its my last post in the forum, i wouldve said that i would resign. Now, why would i do that?

Oh yeah, btw, for those disappointed that they didnt make it, dont feel too bad, and definitely DONT start deserting this board. We got space for 2 more mods, and who knows, i *might* need another mod. One thing's for sure tho, someone definitely WILL replace in in a few mths time. Yeah, im leaving, but not for good, juz that like Mewx88, i'll be going to the army. So will Darkyouth, tho his sign-up is in mid next yr, while mine is either end of this yr or early next.

Water Pokemon Master
24th July 2003, 07:57 AM
And no WPM, i meant my last post in this topic. Pls, if its my last post in the forum, i wouldve said that i would resign. Now, why would i do that?

Well good, you gave me a scare there for a minute.

Krystalline Kabutops
25th July 2003, 08:57 AM
Congrats Alec! *applaudes* I hope you can revive TCG efficiently :D

Dark-San
25th July 2003, 09:24 AM
If its ur last post then why are you still posting again? :P

Anyway I may get enlisted on next year May to July? Between this period I guess... Darn so fast but at least I still can slack for a few more months :D

O and also congrats alec