PDA

View Full Version : Adz v DarkPrince Ref: Dark Princess

Adz44
28th June 2003, 12:01 PM
Well, this will be my first ASB battle in ages. I finally have enough time again. :D

Alright, this will be a 1 on 1 battle. You choose the first pokémon and I'll attack first. This is the arena we will be playing in...

Arena: Post-Apocalyptic Earth (Year: Unknown)

Thanks to a massive battle involving the world's most powerful nations, all life on earth is now decimated. Now, only ruins of buildings and pools of searing acid remain of what used to be the most populated city in the world. The fight will take place in a devastated park that was once opened to the public to enjoy the wildlife. The surface consists of ash, soil and shards of metal. There is a polluted pond containing a few diseased Magikarp, which may have well mutated... There is also charred remains of trees, metallic objects and even bones. As for the weather, black clouds fill the sky. Earth is now in constant darkness. Acid rain is very common (in other words, it happens every 5 rounds for a whole round. What effect the acid rain has on the pokémon is up to the ref).

Well, as you can see, it's a nice cheery arena for all the family. lol

Anyone can challenge me. I don't really mind. Same goes for the ref. I'm not fussy, I just want to battle again. lol

Knight of Time
28th June 2003, 12:07 PM
I'll take you on, but could you agree not to use Attract please?

I choose Clover, my female Clefable.

Adz44
28th June 2003, 12:18 PM
Alright, that's fine with me. I don't think I've ever used Attract anyway. lol

I choose my trusty Porygon, Speccy.

Speccy: Woo hoo! After years of waiting...

Erm, it hasn't been years...

Speccy: ...alright, months of waiting, I am battling once again! I will not disappoint you, Adam.

Glad to hear it. I chose you because you're veteran of the Crazy Gang. I'm not going to choose any of the new ones yet.

Intel: WHAT? Think the new ones aren't experienced?! Why you little...

Amiga, restrain him.

Amiga: Alright. *shocks Intel*

Intel: uhhh......it's the freakin' weeken' baby, I'm about to having some fun.......*collapses*

He'll be fine... Anyway, I'll post my attacks once we've secured a ref. Is that alright?

DarkPrincess
28th June 2003, 10:31 PM
May I ref this battle for you guys? :)

Adz44
29th June 2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah, go ahead. As I said, I don't mind who refs. :)

Adz44
29th June 2003, 12:53 PM
Alright, assuming DarkPrince has no qualms with the ref, I'll post my attacks.

Ok Speccy, this is what I want you to do. First, pick up some shards of metal from the ground using Psychic and throw them towards Clover. After that, blast her with a Psybeam, preferably into that poisoned pond. End the round with a nice Hyper Beam. If Clover uses any projectile based moves against you, simply use Teleport instead of attacking.

Speccy: 'Right, I'll give it my best shot.

Knight of Time
29th June 2003, 05:11 PM
Yes, you may ref, Rachel.

Okay Clover, time to begin.

Start things off by countering the shards of metal with a Psychic of your own. Those shards could be dangerous, but I'm not letting you lose that easily.

Next up, I want you to give the Porygon a taste of frost. Blast it with an Ice Beam (see if you can make it collide with the Psybeam).

Finally, that Hyper Beam ought to make Porygon feel a bit tired. We definitely don't want that hitting you, so Clover, I want you to Teleport out of the way.

DarkPrincess
5th July 2003, 12:28 PM
OMG! I'm so sorry! I forgot about this battle. I'm so sorry XDD If I forget again, someone should remind me.

Round One
DarkPrince versus Adz44
Clover versus Speccy

*~*~*~*

The battle begins in a filthy excuse for an arena. Ash and dust covered the steel with a few diseased Magikarp crying. The buildings laid over head looking as if they could crash in any moment. Adz44 began by calling out to a random trainer to come forward. DarkPrince accepted the challenge then called on his Clefable, Clover. She grinned happily, ready to fight. Adz44 summoned his faithly Porygon, Speccy. The battle was ready to begin.

Speccy began by using his psychic powers to raise some shards of metal from the arena to toss at Clover. They hit and banged around on her body. She screamed. Several bruises covered her body. She used her own Psychic to toss the metal shards at Speccy. They slammed against his skin and caused small bruises on him too.

Speccy was ready to bestow more of his psychic abilities on Clover. He released a beam of purple with pink sparks in it at Clover. At the same time, Clover released a beam of a icey blue ice at Speccy. The two beams collided and caused a small explosion that hurt both Speccy and Clover. The diseased Magikarp were also hurt from it. The buildings and trees were crumbling slightly, threatening the battlers.

Speccy created a ball of pure energy then fired it at Clover. She disappeared in a fog of smoke then reappeared besides the building. Speccy rested on the ground, feeling very tired.

*~*~*~*

Speccy: 70% Tired. Small bruises all over. Mad because of explosion
Clover: 70% Small bruises all over. Mad because of explosion

Arena: Explosion didn't help. Building looks like it may fall o.O

Knight of Time
5th July 2003, 04:08 PM
Okay, nice job Clover. I'm sorry I had to make you make the two beams collide, but we had to damage Porygon a lot.

Clover: Yeah. I am very nervous of being crushed under one of the buildings, though.

'Clover shudders'

Don't worry Clover, if your opponent wants to try and make sure you get crushed, he will have to face the same fate as well.

Start things off by using a Teleport to get yourself away from the crumbing building that is near you. Try to reposition yourself somewhere nature safe if you can.

Next, I want you to attack with a Thunderbolt, but be ready to use an Ice Beam instead if Porygon converts to the Ground or Dragon type on his first action.

Finally, I want you to use an (or another, if you already used one) Ice Beam, or a Thunderbolt if Porygon changed its type to Water, Fire, Steel or Ice.

Subs:

If you find yourself caught in a Psychic grasp, use your Struggle to free yourself.

Incase of a Toxic, Thunder Wave, or anything guarenteed to give you a bad status condition if it hits, Teleport yourself to a safe spot away from the buildings and acid and stuff.

Adz44
5th July 2003, 06:56 PM
Alright Speccy, you did well.

Speccy: Thanks. What are the second batch of plans?

Okay. Before you attack again, I think it's best that you Teleport well clear of the decaying buildings. DarkPrince will probably tell Clover the same. It's way too dangerous to battle at our present position.

Speccy: Yeah, I suppose so.

After that, I want you to use 'Double Team'. Use the clones as a protective barrier. Sounds crazy I know, but it might just work.

Speccy: You're right there.....it is crazy!!!

Just trust me, alright?

Speccy: Ok, whatever you say.

Your final action of the round will be to 'Reflect' that Ice Beam. Hopefully, the Ice Beam will hit Clover rather than just bounce off into a random direction.

Speccy: I like the sound of that.

There are your battle plans for this round. I know you're tired Speccy, but hang in there.

Speccy: That I will do.

Alright. Now if you excuse me, I'll get inside my protective dome...I don't want to be crushed...

Speccy: Yeah, I can understand that...

I'll contact you via intercom. Good luck.

DarkPrincess
5th July 2003, 10:29 PM
Round Two
DarkPrince the Dark Knight versus Adz44
Clover verus Speccy

*~*~*~*

Dum Dum Duum Dum Dun Dun. Duuuum. Duuuum Duuuuuuuuum Dum dum. Dum Dumm.

Lirima: Will you stop humming Star Wars music? >.>

Do not underestimate the powers of Star Wars!! D<

Lirima: *whispers* Drama queen

huh?

Lirima: Nothing O=)

The second round of this exciting battle begins. Clover and Speccy both have suffered a heavy loss from the explosion. Neither are ready to quite. Speccy begins by teleporting himself away from the crumbling building. Not a bad idea really. Clover repeats this and teleports away from the building. Now they are near the small polluted pond. The deformed fish poke their heads out to watch the match.

Speccy started off by creating eight identical clones that stood before him. He cuddled behind the stream of Porygon. Clover created an electrical surge from her body then changed it into a Thunderbolt. It zapped at four clones and they poofed into smoke.

Clover took in a deep breath then created a chilly beam of ice. It went right through two clones and manages to hit Porygon's tail thingie. The very tip of it frooze but he's still okay.

*~*~*~*
Speccy: 65% Frozen tail. Small bruises all over. Two clones left
Clover: 70% Small bruises all over
Arena: Building still in bad shape. Magikarp are betting on the match o.O
Ref: Laughing at the Magikarp

Adz44
6th July 2003, 03:02 PM
*uses intercom* Speccy, can you hear me?

Speccy: Yes, I can hear you.

Good. Well, once again you have done well. Your 'reflect' at the end must of failed, but that couldn't be helped. You did everything else I asked you to do.

Speccy: I don't know what happened at the end...anyway, what's the plan now?

Ok, here it is. First, I want you to use 'Iron Tail'. Hopefully, the ice on your tail will smash and Clover will get wet.

Speccy: ...And?

After that, blast her with a 'Zap Cannon'. You more than anyone else should know that water and electricity don't mix.

Speccy: Don't remind me....*thinks about the time when he had orange juice spilt on him*......argh! Painful memories....

Are you finished?

Speccy: Yes.

Ok. Finally, pick up some fallen bricks using 'Psychic' and hurl them towards Clover. The more bricks, the better.

Speccy: I catch your drift.

Oh, and if you need extra protection, use the remaining clones. Comprendé?

Speccy: Yes, I've wrote it all down on paper just in case.

Alright. Do your best, that's all I ask of you.

Knight of Time
6th July 2003, 03:25 PM
Okay Clover.

Start things off by using a Psychic to throw the Porygon into the acid. Make sure he gets put into one of the deeper pools.

Next, if the Zap Cannon manages to get within a few feet of you, Teleport out of the way. Otherwise, heat up the pool of acid Porygon is in with a Fire Blast.

Finally, I want you to Teleport out of the way of the bricks. Incase the Porygon has trouble geting some bricks thrown at you, then I want you to heat the acid pool Porygon is even more with a Flamethrower.

DarkPrincess
8th July 2003, 04:31 PM
Round Three
DarkPrince versus Adz44
Clover versus Speccy

*~*~*~*

Speccy begins by making his tail glow a very pale silver. He whacks Clover with the tail. The block of ice at the tail shattered all over Clover, hitting her bruises and created a few more. That Clefable is not happy at all. She glares at the Porygon. Clover made her eyes glow a dark purple. Speccy suddenly rose in the air. He screeched in pain as the psychic blasts were eating at his.. machine stuff.. (I don't think Porygon has any flesh o.O) and was tossed in the pond. The Magikarp laughed.

Speccy wasn't happy. He glared at Clover. The Porygon blasted a ball made of electrical energy at Clover, but she teleported out of the way just in time. The blast managed to zap a few of the Magikarp. Their paralyzed bodies floated along on the water surface.

Speccy commanded his psychic powers to raise a few of the bricks from the arena to hurl them at Clover, however she dodged them easily. One of the bricks smashed against that building. Pieces from above are now crashing below.. uh oh o.o

*~*~*~*
Speccy: 57% Small bruises all over.
Clover: 64% Various bruises all over.
Arena: Pieces from that building from before are crashing from above on the ground. A few deformed Magikarp are floating in the water unconscious..

Knight of Time
11th July 2003, 01:27 PM
Okay, good job Clover.

Clover: Thanks. Making the Porygon get soaked in the acid was a good idea, I think...

I know, Clover. Though I'm just a tiny bit disappointed you didn't set it on fire, it's okay.

Clover: Oh.

Okay, start this round off by heating the acid pool that Porygon is in with a Flamethrower.

Next up, if your opponent managed to get out, use another Psychic[b] to throw him back in, whether it is on fire or not. Be ready to use a fast [b]Ice Beam incase he converts to the Ground type on his first action.

Finally, I want you to shock him with a Thunderbolt. If he is still in the acid, aim it into the acid.

Subs (besides the one above):

Incase of a Toxic, Zap Cannon or Thunder Wave, I want you to quickly Teleport out of the way. Try to reappear in a safe spot away from any of the crumbling buildings. I want you to also use Teleport incase you are grabbed in a Psychic.

Incase of a successful Double Team, get rid of the clones with an Icy Wind (yes Rachel, Clefable can learn Icy Wind).

Adz44
11th July 2003, 05:44 PM
Speccy: How did I do?

Well, you didn't come out on top in that round. But have no fear. As Baldrick would say, I have a cunning plan...

Speccy: A cunning plan?

Intel: A Cunning plan?

Rest of the Crazy Gang: A cunning plan?

YES! Is there an echo in here or something?!.....Jesus!.....anyway, want to hear it?

Speccy: Yes.

Good. Counter her first attack with an 'Ice beam'. This will hopefully put out the flamethrower before it can ignite or heat the pond. It's not an ideal attack to do this, but it will have to do.

Speccy: Understood.

After that, 'Teleport' the heck away from the pond. By doing this, you will probably dodge Clover's attack as well.

Speccy: I'm liking this....

Glad to hear it. Finally, I want you to dodge the Thunderbolt using 'Agility'. I don't care how you avoid it, just do....using common sense, of course...

Speccy: Of course...why? Did you think I would just jump off into another pool? HUH?!

No...

Speccy: Oh, alright then.

Alright Speccy. You probably won't inflict any damage in this round, but you'll hopefully avoid it.

DarkPrincess
17th July 2003, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry but I'm VERY tired but I figured I'd ref this so I can get something off my to do list done. Since I'm about to fall asleep this reffing will just show the stats.. tomorrow I'll try and see if I can edit this with the actual reffing.. I'm sorry..

Round Four

Speccy: 57% Small bruises all over.
Clover: 64% Various bruises all over.

*~*~*

[they battle and stuff xD]

*~*~*
Speccy: 48% Bruises
Clover: 64% Bruises
Arena: Pieces from that building from before are crashing from above on the ground. A few deformed Magikarp are floating in the water unconscious..
Ref: Curled up in a ball now, sleeping..

Charizard04621
25th July 2003, 04:47 PM
Erm, I was asked to sub ref, but DarkPrincess has already reffed the round, and I think it's Adz's turn to post attacks. ^_^;

Knight of Time
25th July 2003, 04:55 PM
Err, Karin, unless I am mistaken, I think Adz was DQed...

The DQ was one week.

Charizard04621
25th July 2003, 05:11 PM
Yeah, looks like it.

DarkPrincess
25th July 2003, 05:14 PM
Yep. Adz is DQed. That means DarkPrince gets a catch/evolve and since I reffed, I get 1 Ľen.. yay? o.O *pokes the single Ľen*

Knight of Time
25th July 2003, 05:26 PM
Okay.

'takes 1Ľ as well'

I guess I'll catch an Igglybuff.

'watches as a male Igglybuff wanders in'

This one is mine!

'throws a Pokeball which catches him in a few seconds'

Adz44
25th July 2003, 06:49 PM
I don't think I was DQ'd fairly, but I'll let Kyle have his reward.

Yes, a week has passed, but I asked DarkPrincess twice if she would make the reffing body of Round 4 a bit more detailed. She didn't, therefore I refused to carry on.

I just wanted an answer to why Porygon picked up damage and Clover didn't. I have no problem with Porygon losing the round, but I would of liked to know why in a bit more detail.

Anyway, good game Kyle. I enjoyed battling against you.