Last Exile
8th November 2002, 11:14 PM
My Gamecube, accessories and the two game I got were absolute bargains

I got my Gamecube for $199 AUS, which is about $99 US
I got Sonic Adventures 2 for $70 US, which is about $35 US
I got Super Smash Brothers Melee for $50 which is about $25 US
I got a memory card for $15 AUS which is about $7.50 US
An extra controller for $20 AUS which is about $10 US

I got all those things at those prices because a major store was closing down its video games section and selling everything at 50% off so I went for it now the prices were too good to resist. Everyone I've told gets envious for about 10 seconds but I can understand why. I only knew about the discount because a friend that worked at the store told me

So what was your bargain buy(s)?

PNT510
9th November 2002, 11:43 AM
My bargin was selling 4 PC games me 'friend' stole. I got enough to buy Shenmue 2 and Baulder's gate. 2 games for free, that is a bargin IMO.

tron
9th November 2002, 03:23 PM
Last Winter I got a Super Nintendo, 2 controllers, Super Mario World and Super Metroid all for $30. Not a bad deal if you ask me, especially since I sold Super Metroid for $25 at Funcoland.

nick
9th November 2002, 04:57 PM
i got frequency for ps2 brand new $7, god bless target and their clearanced videogames

NumeroUno
9th November 2002, 09:16 PM
A super nintendo w/ the original box, ff3 w/ box and instructions,zelda: lttp w/ box and instructions, and Super Mario World w/ instructions all for 50$ everything in excellent condition.

Ultarius
15th November 2002, 06:44 PM
I got $400 for my Sega game collection. (I only sold about 30 games, so it's really a lot when you think about it)

Master Rudy
17th November 2002, 12:10 PM
The best deal I've ever gotten was $150 for a used N64 with Starfox, SW: Shadows of the Empire, Wave Race and Mario Kart. Everything I got had the original box and I also got one extra controller plus the Rumble Pak. I forget exactly when this was but I believe it was around December of 97 back when the system still cost $200 new

The Muffin Man
17th November 2002, 03:09 PM
Best bargain is a PS1 and all my friends games(well, partial ownership) for $20. He got PS2, Devil May Cry, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, and Metal Gear Solid 2 for his birthday so I bought the PS1 and all it's stuff for $20, but we partially own alot of the games(except RPG maker. That's in "ownership limbo" because it keeps deleting everything XD)

Powarun
24th January 2004, 09:44 PM
LEgend of Zelda Windwaker for 8 dollars. It was used but only for a week, the kids memory card busted so he sold me the game for really cheap.

SageofLaughter
25th January 2004, 02:08 PM
I got a Sega Saturn, GREAT condition and still in it's box, for £20 last year.

I also got a Mega Drive 1, Mega CD 1, and Master Sytem adaptor in one bundle for £30.

I also found a copy of Megaman 2 for the NES, in it's box with the instruction booklet, for only £8.

uz's return
25th January 2004, 03:37 PM
I got a genisies and 30 games for 100 bucks(a rip now but this was 6 yrs ago)

Heald
25th January 2004, 04:20 PM
I swapped a Game Boy Color for a PSone, GTA2 and five pounds! What a sucker. I already had a GBA and that PSone ruled!

I got a PS2 for £199. Because it is such a great console, that itself in a deal.

Planetside for £9.99.

Warcraft III + Expansion for £30.

TeleFox
25th January 2004, 08:14 PM
The only thing I can think of recently is that I managed to get 'Golden Sun: The Lost Age' (new) for GBA at a personal cost of only about $15NZ (about $8US).
It was on sale at EB just after Xmas, and I'd scored $50 worth of vouchers for 'Westfield' malls from someone who works in one.

Short story shorter; yay me - great game - tiny cost.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th January 2004, 03:39 AM
If I want a console I always buy it at first release so I'm never making any bargains there. As for games though my best by far, in both price and how good the game is, was Rock 'n Roll Racing for the SNES. I paid less than 10 bucks for it and played it for hours and hours with my friends.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th January 2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Best bargain is a PS1 and all my friends games(well, partial ownership) for $20. He got PS2, Devil May Cry, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, and Metal Gear Solid 2 for his birthday so I bought the PS1 and all it's stuff for $20, but we partially own alot of the games(except RPG maker. That's in "ownership limbo" because it keeps deleting everything XD)

You beat me. I bought an used PSX with all its stuff and one game with 30 euros. And that was my best bargain ever.

Or was it when I stole an X-box from a ship in Helsinki harbour when it wasn't even released...:rolleyes:

uz's return
27th January 2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu
Or was it when I stole an X-box from a ship in Helsinki harbour when it wasn't even released...:rolleyes:
Are u serious?:no:

Razola
27th January 2004, 11:13 AM
Deus Ex and Call of Duty for 20 bucks.

shazza
30th January 2004, 03:06 AM
i got an xbox and 5 games and 4 controllers for $0 because i ****ing went to the store at 3am and broke into the ****ing store and stole the ****

The Muffin Man
30th January 2004, 09:14 AM
No you didn't Shazza.

I stole it and gave it to you. Lazy bastard, you wouldn't even tell me when the guards came...

Mewfour
30th January 2004, 07:35 PM
Splinter Cell FREE when I bought Prince of Persia.

A crime, I tell you, a CRIME.

kurai
2nd February 2004, 07:54 PM
this topic was made a looong time ago.

tron :(

anyway, i suppose i can count the brand new dreamcast for like $100 CAD which i got, then the dozens of games for free. ^_^

Under the Sheath
2nd February 2004, 08:01 PM
i got ESPN Football for free just because I wrote an article on ESPN Hockey and they wanted to use it on their website. It only took me like half an hour to write it... I'd call that a pretty good scam.

Under the Sheath
2nd February 2004, 08:03 PM
tron rip

never forget

Metallix
23rd March 2004, 07:41 PM
Well, it was either:

BARGAIN 1

NES
2 Controllers
Lightgun
Super Mario World 3
ExciteBike
Duck Hunt

For £1.50 (O____________o)

Or:

BARGAIN 2

SNES
2 Controllers
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Sensible Soccer
Pit Fighter (The WORST game ever, XD)
Nigel Mansell Grand Prix

For a grand total of £7. XD

A notable mention also goes to my Sega Saturn, which came with 2 controllers, steering wheel, Sonic Jam, Sega Rally, and Daytona USA for a mere £20.

Musourenka
23rd March 2004, 08:54 PM
I got Baldur's Gate Original Saga and Metroid Prime for $20 each. Metroid Prime, especially, was a good deal simply because I didn't think I would like it as much as I did.

Red Angel
23rd March 2004, 10:16 PM
Advance Wars 2 for free, and quite legaly, too.

freshmex
23rd March 2004, 10:31 PM
i got a green and blue controller s for $14 each at costco last week 8)

bakahams7er
23rd March 2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by kurai
anyway, i suppose i can count the brand new dreamcast for like $100 CAD which i got, then the dozens of games for free. ^_^

this is correct