PDA

View Full Version : I challenge Pokemasterfrank (ref: needed)

Knight of Time
19th December 2002, 07:00 PM
Hi!

Rules:

2 on 2
You choose first
I attack first
DQ: 3 days (I'll change it if needed, but only once)
Arena: Indigo Stadium

I guess that should do it.

BTW, if yu want, could we agree not to use Attract?

pokemasterfrank
19th December 2002, 10:15 PM
K, I now have an opening, so sure! Hmm...I'll use my...Gastly!

Gastly: Another battle? Alright...

I don't care if Attract is useable or not. Your choice.

Grim Reaper
20th December 2002, 07:04 AM
can I ref this one or is there still a reffing tower where I need to do a test?:confused:

dragon684
20th December 2002, 07:11 AM
Grim Reaper: You can ref when you want. IF you go into the reffing tower and take the test you'll only get payed more for the battles you ref. Now you just get the amount of ¥ double of that what the amount of pokemon is. When you subscrive, with the test, in the reffing tower you will get payed. The ¥ you recieve depends on what rank you are and howmany battles you have reffed that week.

Grim Reaper
20th December 2002, 07:30 AM
ok, I'll take the test this weekend

And for this battle, I'll ref if they want me, it has been some time since I reffed a battle (about a year)

Knight of Time
20th December 2002, 08:59 AM
Grim Reaper: Hmm, tough decision...

You said that you didn't ref for over a year, but were you an approved ref at that time?

Anyway, I think I have a perfect Pokemon that might be helpful here, namely my male Umbreon, Demon.

Okay Demon, even though we lost our first battle, we might be able to do better this time, so start off with a Substitute, and put roughly 20-25% health into it.

Next, use your Double Team to create some extra images to accompany your body double (if you still have it).

Finally, up your strength with a Curse.

Grim Reaper
20th December 2002, 09:17 AM
yes I was an approved referee back than. and I was co-owner of 009-14 business, blastoise009 was my boss, ah those were the days :D

Knight of Time
20th December 2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
yes I was an approved referee back than. and I was co-owner of 009-14 business, blastoise009 was my boss, ah those were the days :D

Man, that's interesting.

Did you always go by Grim Reaper?

I'm just a bit curious, since I can't seem to remember you.

Grim Reaper
20th December 2002, 09:25 AM
back then I was Revenge.

But I'm @ a lanparty from tomorrow till monday, so maybe someone else better ref this? unless u want to wait that long :confused:

pokemasterfrank
22nd December 2002, 02:02 PM
Alright Gastly. First, use a Confuse Ray right before he can make a Substitute! Then, use a Rain Dance to get rid of those pesky clones! Then, use a Shadow Ball to beat down on that Substitute!

Confuse Ray-Rain Dance-Shadow Ball

Drade130
22nd December 2002, 06:03 PM
me, ill ref if u like. If u allow me to, it will be up tomorrow.

pokemasterfrank
22nd December 2002, 08:24 PM
Sure. You can ref, but I thing DPTDK has to agree as well.

Drade130
25th December 2002, 03:38 PM
Im assyuming theres no objections? Alright then, lets go!

Round 1
Dark Prince the Dark Knight vs. Pokemasterfrank

Prebattle:

Fans pile into the seats of Indigo Stadium for what is sure to be an exciting battle. On one side, Dark Prince steps into his trainer box, pulls out a pokeball and releases an Umbreon. The Umbreon, dubbed Demon, walks to the center of the field, his beautiful rings glowing. On the other side, Pokemasterfrank steps into his box and releases a cloud of purple gas onto the field. In other words, a Gastly. As the two pokemon come face to face, I appear, courtesy of a teleport. I wave to the crowd, only to hear loud boos. I turn to my pokemon, who are also booing. A tear comes to my eye as I raise my flags to the air...

Gastly who cries for a name and gender: 100%, fine

Demon (male): 100%, fine

BEGIN!

Gastly flashes and emits a beam of white towards Umbreon. The beam charges toward Demon but, Demon manages to duck, sending the ray straight over his head. He now focuses putting strength into a double. He ducks behind the doll and blurs, creating several images of himself. However, only two clones are able to be made, as a ringing in his ears from the confuse ray pains him. Gastly cackles at Demon's futile attempts and looks toward the sky causing heavy rains, destroying the clones. Umbreon looks on in dismay. He then remembers his next order. Umbreon stands totally still, blocking out sounds and focusing on Gastly. Strength runs through his body. He grins at the puzzling pokemon across from him. Gastly crackles with dark energy, creating a black sphere before him. With a cackle, he sends it flying, smashing into the body double. Umbreon breathes a sigh of relief, knowing how lucky he is that the substitute didn't break.

End of round 2:

Gastly who cries for a name and gender: 100%, cackling

Demon: 80%, sub at 7%, painful ringing in ears, strength boosted by slow wave

other: rain dance in effect for six more actions

Knight of Time
25th December 2002, 04:03 PM
Teddiursa89: Yes, you can ref, thanks.

BTW, didn't Demon's Curse (Slow Wave) work?

:confused:

Your move PMF.

pokemasterfrank
25th December 2002, 08:07 PM
Alright. We're doing great. First, do another Shadow Ball until the Substitute shatters. When the Substitute does shatter, use a Toxic! If there is enough time, do a Giga Drain!

Shadow Ball-Shadow Ball/Toxic-Shadow Ball/Toxic/Giga Drain

Knight of Time
25th December 2002, 08:18 PM
Okay Demon.

Gstly may be going hard on you this round, but we may have an edge here.

Start things off by using a quick Confuse Ray on him.

Next, if your sub is gone, and a Shadow Ball or Toxic is coming your way, try to use a Faint Attack to dodge it.

Or, (still on your second turn) if your sub is still up, get him with a Psychic, and squeeze or stretch him as hard as you can (to stretch would be like making him an invisible torture rack).

On your final turn, no matter what, use a Faint Attack for a bit of protection, and ram into Gastly as hard as you can.

Oh, and if you manage to get him confused, and he is unable to attack for any turn, get him with a Psychic.

Edit: Just a typo, no moves of mine wre edited.
Confuse Ray/Faint Attack or Psychic/Faint Attack or Psychic

Drade130
26th December 2002, 09:12 AM
my bad forgot about slow wave *goes off to edit*

Next reffing up later.

Drade130
26th December 2002, 05:42 PM
Poor gastly...

Round 3
Dark Prince vs. Pokemasterfrank

Prebattle:

Gastly who cires for a name and a gender: 100%, cackling

Demon: 80%, sub at 7%, painful ringing in ears, strength boosted by slow wave

other: rain dance in effect for 6 more actions

BEGIN!

Immediately after I raise my flags, Demon blasts a white ray at the unsuspecting Gastly, hitting him and confusing him. Gastly blinks and sees three Umbreons to his left, obviously hallucinations. He blasts shadow balls everywhere in a blind confusion. Demon grins and uses his psy prowess to pick up Gastly, stretching him out in a somewhat comical, yet painful way. Gaslty tries to cry out, but he can't. Umbreon stretches more until finally his psi powers are too drained to do more. He slams Gastly down to the ground and laughs in triumph. Gastly cries out and blasts shadow ball at Umbreons that aren't really there. Demon focuses, becoming invisible and creeping behind Gastly, ramming into him. Again Gastly cries out. Demon laughs in triumph. This Gastly is mine now...

End of round 3

Demon: 80%, sub at 7%, ringing gone, strength slowly diminishing, very proud

Gastly without a name and a gender: 78%, hallucinating, muscles torn from stretching

I warn u, your Gastly may not obey if u do not give it a name and gender...

pokemasterfrank
26th December 2002, 06:09 PM
Sorry. Gastly's name is...well...Gastly...

Gastly: Very Creative...

PMF: ...shut up...

And he is male.

Gastly: Very much so.

PMF: -_-

Knight of Time
28th December 2002, 02:53 PM
Hi!

Teddiursa89, there is something I want to ask you before I post my attacks.

If Gastly's muscles were torn from being stretched by Demon's Psychic attack, wouldn't that lead to paralysis?

I kinda don't recall Psychic being able to paralyze an opponent that way...

Drade130
28th December 2002, 04:02 PM
I never said he was paralyzed. But mainly the muscles are gonna hurt him horribly when he attacks in a somewhat physical manner. He is not paralyzed. If u disagree give me a reason or two.

Knight of Time
28th December 2002, 04:31 PM
Okay...

Demon, we have a lead right now, but we might still lose it, so we have to defend it if we want to kncok out Gastly.

First off, I suspect that Gastly will use an attack to shatter your body double, so take aim, and blast a Zap Cannon at him while you are close to him. Even though its accuracy may be a bit bad, if he turns around, it mght take up a turn.

Next off, shoot a Shadow Ball at him.

Finally, charge him down with a fast Faint Attack.

Subs:

If he manages to turn around and gets ready to fire a Toxic or Zap Cannon at you, Bite into his wounded 'skin' before he can get you.

If his confusion gets the better of him on any of his turns, use a Zap Cannon on him if he isn't already paralyzed from the first one, or a Shadow Ball if he is paralyzed.

pokemasterfrank
29th December 2002, 06:01 PM
Alright, first, do a Double Team to avoid the Zap Cannon or whatever. Next, suck that sub dry with a Giga Drain! Then, rest up those wounds with a Rest.

Double Team-Giga Drain-Rest

Drade130
3rd January 2003, 02:00 PM
Sorry sorry

Round 4
Pokemasterfrank vs. Dark Prince the Dark Knight

Prebattle
Demon (M): 80%, sub at 7%. ringing gone, strength slowly diminishing, very proud
Gastly (M): 78%, hallucinating, muscles torn from stretching

Ordered Attacks
Demon: Zap Cannon~Shadow Ball~Faint Attack
Gastly: Double Team~ Giga Drain~Rest

BEGIN!

Demon starts to crackle with electricity, preparing for his attack. Meanwhile, the psycho Gastly has seemed to have calmed down a little bit, no longer shooting shadow balls every which way. Suddenly he focuses, concentrating and suceeding in making four exact copies of himself. Demon's eyes open wide. A sphere forms in front of him and he randomly chooses a Gastly to attack. The sphere of electricity is unleashed (man i love that word) at full speed, crashing into a gastly, causing severe damage and muscle spasms. At least, that would have happened if Demon had hit the correct Gastly. Gastly cackles with delight and glows with a greenish aura. He pulls in enrgy from the sub, shattering it and healing himself. Demon growls and glws with dark energy, creating another sphere, black this time and again unleashing (yay!) it towards a Gastly. Wrong Gastly again. Gastly again laughs and falls into a self induced sleep, relaxing and gaining back all his lost health. Demon growls yet again in anger and becomes invisible. He slams into gastly from behind, causing him to moan in his sleep. Demon can't be happy with letting him get to sleep like this.

Post Round Stats
Demon (M): 80%, angry, boosted strength gone
Gastly (M): 92%, sleeping

Knight of Time
3rd January 2003, 04:53 PM
Err, Teddiursa89, I hate to point this out, but Rain Dance automatically destroys clones made in a Double Team.

BTW, the last round was Round 4.

Isn't Rain Dance still in effect?

'scratches head in confusion'

Drade130
3rd January 2003, 04:55 PM
i know but rain dance ended in round 3

Knight of Time
3rd January 2003, 04:58 PM
Man, that's funny.

I kinda thought six actions equaled two rounds, not one...

Drade130
3rd January 2003, 05:03 PM
im not an idiot, six actions for me is one round, both pokemon use three. thats how ive always ran it. suddenly people are complaning like mad, after ive reffed a bunch of battles.

pokemasterfrank
3rd January 2003, 05:44 PM
Alright! Your healed up pretty far. Since he's most likely going to use a Frustration based attack cause he's angry, break out of your trance and use a Double Team to make yourself harder to hit! Let's see him think twice about washing away the Double Team clones when you do a Thunder! Then, suck up some life with Giga Drain!

Double Team-Thunder-Giga Drain

Drade130
3rd January 2003, 05:53 PM
PMF im not sure u can order your pokemon to break out of his trance. *goes off to check on it*

pokemasterfrank
3rd January 2003, 06:01 PM
Rest: The user deliberately goes into a supernatural healing trance, purging away injuries and maladictions at an incredible, unnatural rate. This trance is very deep and virtually unbreakable, and the user is wholly defenseless so long as it lasts. The longer it lasts, however, the greater the healing it allows for. While trancing, the user cannot even attempt to evade attacks, so there is little or nothing preventing an opponent or opponents from simply leveling all artillery at the sleeper and minimizing the end benefit of the trance. Attacks that are normally too inaccurate to bother with become quite plausible. Excellent accuracy. -taken off Official TPM ASB Move Site

Well, it doesn't say specifically. It just says the longer you do it, the better, so I assumed that the trance can be broken.

Drade130
3rd January 2003, 06:05 PM
i asked in the thread and i got a no answer.

pokemasterfrank
3rd January 2003, 06:12 PM
Drat...I didn't know that...DPTDK, is it ok if I change my moves because of this new revelation (to me anyway)? If not, it's fine with me.

Knight of Time
3rd January 2003, 06:13 PM
Demon!

It appears like your opponent is now asleep and helpless, so immediately call upon another Rain Dance to get rid of the other clones.

Next, while there is only one of him (the rain will destroy his clones if he or you has any), get him with a Dream Eater.

Finally, use a Nightmare on him.

Drade130
4th January 2003, 11:52 AM
Round 5

Prebattle
Demon (M): 80%, angry, boosted strength gone
Gastly (M): 92%, sleeping

Ordered Attacks
Demon: Rain Dance~Dream Eater~Nightmare
Gastly: Honk~Honk~Honk

BEGIN!

As this round begins, loud snoring can be heard from the direction of Gastly. Demon smirks, seeing a HUGE opening, he looks toward the sky, summoning a mass of dark clouds, all dropping down huge amounts of cold rain. The drops hit Gastly's remaining clones, destroying them. Gastly just continues to snore softly. Demon glows, creating a dark bond between him and Gastly's mind. Slowly, very slowly, Demon begins suck the dreams out of his head and store them for his own health. Gastly wimpers in his sleep, obviously in pain. Demon laughs triumphantly. he gets and evil look in his eye. He focuses on Gastly's mind and putting horrid images into it. Gastly cries out as the nightmares seem all too real. Demon laughs in happiness as he sees Gastly struggle.

Postbattle Stats
Demon: 96%, proud
Gastly: 80%, having horrid nightmares, no clones

Other Things
Rain Dance in effect for six more actions (I'll get it right this time)

Hort round, easy when one poke is helpless.

Knight of Time
4th January 2003, 12:18 PM
Excellent work, Demon!

Demon: Man, this is great.

Okay, now that your opponent is suffering from nghtmares, put up another Substitute, with about 20% health or so.

Next, use a powerful Zap Cannon on him. Try to take careful aim if possible.

Finally, if Gastly is paralyzed, try and get him with a Confuse Ray if he is sleeping, or a Zap Cannon if the first one does not paralyze him.

Demon, I have complete faith in you here.

I know you can do it.

pokemasterfrank
4th January 2003, 03:14 PM
So...when is Rest suppose to end anyway?

Alright Gastly! Go for it! Shake off those Nightmares! Just go for a constant Sleep Talk! If you snap out, Thunder!

Sleep Talk/Thunder-Sleep Talk/Thunder-Sleep Talk/Thunder

dragon684
4th January 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
So...when is Rest suppose to end anyway?

I thought a ref was supposed to say howmuch longer the pokemon is still asleep
atleast sith the restattack, not with sleep powder or so

Drade130
12th January 2003, 01:06 PM
Writers block AHH!

Round 6

Prebattle
Demon: 96%, proud
Gastly: 80%, having horrid nightmares, no clones

Other Things
Rain Dance in effect for six more actions

Ordered Attacks
Demon: Substitute~Zap Cannon~Confuse Ray/Zap Cannon
Gastly: Sleep Talk/Thunder~Sleep Talk/Thunder~Sleep Talk/Thunder

BEGIN!

Gastly continues to gently snore away as Demon smirks. He concentrates, creating a strong substitute. He jumps behind the lifeless figure and begins to charge up a powerful electrical attack. He crackles with electricity and creates a large sphere of golden electrcity in front of him. He unleashes the powerful crackling sphere towards the completely helpless Gastly. It blasts into him, causing him to twitch and shake violently. He moans out in severe pain. Demon smiles and laughs at this. Gastly winces some more as his eyes snap open. Gastly whines as he is unable to move. Rain continues to fall as Demon begins to flash with white energy. Gastly sees this and begins to attempt to use an attack, but has much difficulty in doing so. He whines as Demon sends a blast of white light in his direction. Gastly roars and meets the beam of light with a shot of electricity. Demon growls angrily as he sees his attack fizzled by the thunder, but his mood his brought back up when he sees Gastly trying to move to no avail. The pain is almost too much for Gastly to handle. Demon, although happy with himself begins to sweat and pant from the fatigue of using such attacks.

Postbattle
Demon: 85%, sub: 21%, panting and sweating, fairly high fatigue, happy
Gastly: 70%, paralyzed, in severe pain

Other Things
Rain Dance in effect for three more actions(Woot got it right!)

Knight of Time
13th January 2003, 11:46 AM
Err, Teddiursa89, if Demon succesfully created a Substitute in the last round, was it destroyed?

If not, do you know roughly how much health is left in the body double (Substitute)?

Anyway, your move PMF.

Drade130
13th January 2003, 05:17 PM
forgot the sub sorry, it hasnt even been touched yet.

*goes to edit*

All pokes- *Snicker at the mistake*

Knight of Time
13th January 2003, 05:24 PM
Err, Teddiursa89, if Demon made a sub last round, he should have given up roughly 21% of his health to make it (incase you have seen the examples I have made in battles I ref).

Also, didn't it absorb any damage last round?

If so, the sub should have less health.

Knight of Time
15th January 2003, 01:37 PM
Hi!

I hate to double post like this, but the DQ is up.

Since I have been looking for a water Pokemon for some time ever since getting my new team, I think I will catch a Shellder.

'sees a male Shellder in the distance, and quickly throws a ball at the bivalve Pokemon which catches the Shellder'

I think I will name my new Shellder Spyke.

pokemasterfrank
15th January 2003, 06:57 PM
Congrats DPTDK. ugh...I forgot about this battle...

This is a sucky way to lose. Oh well....

Congrats again. Good match.